Number of reviews: 17
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Okay guys.. here's the next chapter enjoy it and please leave reviews...

            JC frowned as he watched Madeline sob quietly at his side. He leaned forward and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him. He smoothed her hair down and shook his head, in confusion at the past few days’ events.

            “Josh?” Madeline asked after a while and JC cast his eyes down at her as she tiled her head up to him.

            “Yeah?” he answered and kissed her softly, before she spoke again.

            “Why would he tell?” she asked mirroring his own thoughts. JC frowned at her question and allowed her to once more pull herself away from him and look him in the eye. “I mean it’s just not like him…”

            “What do you mean Maddie? Justin wouldn’t tell, I know him better than anyone and for as long as I’ve known him he’s always been looking after number one, himself,” JC stated, wincing as he tried to sit up a bit more. Madeline frowned and tried to help him up before continuing.

            “I know, but what if?” Madeline asked wrapping a strand of hair around her finger in thought, “But I suppose you’re right, Justin is a bit self absorbed, he’d want to keep his image as clean as possible and not tell the world, I guess I didn’t help the scene any.”

            “No,” JC agreed but put his hand on hers, “But it wasn’t your fault what happened. You tried to tell him and he went insane remember?”

            “Yeah but I should have told him Josh,” she whispered and looked up at him, “We shouldn’t have kept it away from him.”

            “But Maddie,” JC said tugging her hand gently so she would move closer to him, “Things were different back then remember? Justin was different. You even said so yourself.”

            “Yeah but hiding it from him just made the situation worse,” Madeline argued shook her head. JC sighed and ran his free hand through his hair before speaking.

            “But what if you told him then what?” JC questioned, “Would you really have wanted the child to grow up in a life where its father didn’t respect its mother?”
            “He respected me,” Madeline whispered and JC shook his head in protest.

            “No Maddie he didn’t,” JC confirmed, “You know he didn’t.”

 

            The weight of Justin’s past was beginning to catch up to him, and he was trying as hard as he could to run away from it. But he couldn’t, especially now that he stood outside room 202 and wondered if he should go in and talk to his friend. He knew he should, but what would he say?

            “What are you doing here?” Justin looked up and met the eyes of a very angry looking Madeline. He sighed and closed his eyes, running a hand over his face before answering.

            “I just wanted to talk to Jayce,” he said softly and he heard Madeline tutt softly.

            “Why?” she asked. Justin opened his eyes and looked at her; her face was stained red from crying.

            “Have you been crying?” he asked his face filling with concern as he forgot her previous question. She sighed heavily and pushed a stray strand of her hair back into her ponytail.

            “Why do you want to talk to Josh?” she repeated not answering him and averting her eyes from his.

            “He’s my best friend Mads. He’s just been in an accident and just woken up,” Justin explained and reached out a hand to touch her arm, “Isn’t that enough?”

            “But you told the cops about…” Madeline began and finally looked back at him, “I don’t think Josh is in the mood…”

            “I didn’t tell the cops anything Mads,” Justin replied cutting her off, “I wouldn’t put you or Jayce through that, you know that.”

            “You’ve changed a lot Justin,” she whispered as he allowed his fingers to encircle her wrist and tug her away from the door gently, “It’s hard to tell if I know you or not.”

            “You’ll always know me Mads,” he smiled and she looked up at him with doubt in her eyes, “Better than anybody.”

            “Yeah I guess I will,” she smiled back finally, even if it was just a small one. He nodded and with his free hand pushed another stray hair out of her eyes.

            “Yeah you will,” he said softly, “So can I go in and see Jayce?”

She looked back at him, and for the first time in a long time he saw the trust she had once held for him return to her eyes, “Yeah sure. Go on in.”

 

Justin took a deep breath in and pushed the door open, walking slowly into the room and stopping just a few feet from the door, and glancing down at his feet.

            “J?” Justin looked up and nodded at his best friend, “What are you doing here?”

            “Hey Jayce,” Justin whispered softly, knowing there was still some unspoken tension between them, “How are you?” He took a few steps closer but noticed his friend tense up and stopped immediately, looking at JC for an answer.

            “I’ve been better,” JC laughed tensely and studied Justin, “Why did you come J? We haven’t spoken in nearly…”

            “I know,” Justin cut him off and shifted nervously from foot to foot before continuing, “I wanted to make sure you were doing okay. After all isn’t that what best friends are for?”

            JC looked up at him, his eyes still full of question. “Best friends don’t desert each other either J,” he replied sombrely. Justin nodded knowing he was right.

            “Yeah I know. Look, about that…” he began but JC cut him off.

            “Look I’m really tired, I need to rest,” he said and Justin nodded again and began backing out of the room, never leaving his friend’s gaze.

            “Yeah ok,” he replied and leaned against the door knob for a second, “It was good seeing you Jayce.”

            “You too,” JC replied, but Justin could tell he didn’t really mean it. Justin sighed heavily and without a word quietly let himself out of the room, shutting the door silently behind him.

 

            “He hates me Mads,” Justin sighed flopping down into one of the chairs in the waiting room and heaving a huge sigh. Madeline looked at Justin with sympathy and patted his knee.

            “No he doesn’t,” she spoke softly and caused him to look at her, “It’s just the meds, they make him cranky.”

            “The meds?” Justin cocked an eyebrow up in her direction doubtfully, “I don’t think so.”

            “It is,” she reaffirmed but knew it was more than that. No one could have blamed JC for acting the way he did, especially after what happened in the past.

            “Mads,” Justin said and sat up a little, “I’ve been his best friend for ages, and I know when he’s angry at me. And this is one of those times, and I can’t fix it.” Madeline sighed in frustration at Justin’s comment and shook her head.

            “Well can you blame him?” she asked finally causing Justin to look at her.

            “Excuse me?” he asked, his voice a little high pitched of anxiety at her comment. She looked at him with sad eyes before continuing.

            “Justin, after all that’s happened between us, you and just everything can you really blame him for acting the way he is?” she asked and Justin shook his head in understanding. “The meds just add to that.”

            “You’re right Mads,” Justin sighed and rubbed his forehead before standing up, “I can’t really blame him. I guess I should call myself lucky and thank the lord he didn’t kick my ass out on to the street the moment I walked in huh?”

            “Yeah you should,” she smiled slightly and got up as well, “Just give him time though alright? He’ll come around.”

            “Like you did?” Justin questioned and Madeline shrugged slightly.

            “Yeah I guess,” she said, “Like I did.”

            “I hope so Mads,” Justin smiled wearily and stepped closer to her enveloping her in a hug. “I would really like that.”

            “I know you would,” she replied and hugged him back, for once not feeling tense as their bodies connected after so long. “So I’ll try talk to him for you okay?”

            “Thanks,” he smiled and pulled away from her, resisting the urge to kiss her. “I’ll see you around Mads.”
            “You’re going?” she asked, a hint of disappointment in her voice. He nodded and looked down at his shoes.

            “Yeah I guess so. I mean there’s not really much point in me hanging around here is there?” he asked and looked up to catch her eye. She shook her head and pursed her lips together.

            “No, I guess not,” she said softly and he sighed. “I’ll see you around Justin.”

            “Alright,” Justin nodded and headed for the door, stopping just in the doorway. “Maddie?”

            “Yes?” she asked looking back at him and saw him smile.

            “Thanks,” he said, “Thanks for trusting me again.” And without allowing her to say much more he stepped out of the room and disappeared.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki