Number of reviews: 17
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
hey guys here is the next chapter.. please review.. the ending is not what i wanted but i think it still works... enjoy!!

 

            Madeline looked at JC, wondering how to form the words that she was thinking, but before she even had a chance to think JC interrupted her mangled thoughts, wanting to explain himself.

            “Maddie,” he said quietly and looked at her before glancing down at the white sheets that covered his legs and lower torso. “I did tell them who was driving but…”

            “Things are going to get really shit from here on in,” she whispered more to herself than to him. He looked up and stared at her, not because she had just sworn but because she wasn’t as mad at him as he thought she was.

            “No they’re not,” he assured her and noticed her glance in his direction with doubtful eyes; he took a deep breath and continued to explain. “Yes, I told them who was driving but I didn’t tell them WHO was driving.”

            “What do you mean?” she asked confused and he sighed heavily.

            “I lied to the cops Maddie,” he admitted and looked away from her just in time to hear her gasp. Then he felt her reach over and place a hand gently on his arm.

            “Josh,” she began and waited until he finally looked back at her, “You lied? But why?”

            “Because I had to baby,” he whispered and let his head hang slightly. “I couldn’t…”

            “Oh Josh,” she repeated and leaned over to wrap her arms around his neck.

            “I couldn’t do it Maddie,” he whispered and buried his face into her neck, “I mean I know I should have but there were so many things to think of. There was you and J and the guys. If I had said anything all that would have been...”

            “I know baby,” she replied soothingly, making him look at her. “You did what you felt was the right thing.”

            “You think?” he asked doubtfully looking at her and she nodded.

            “Yeah,” she replied and kissed him, “We just have to make sure they don’t find out what you did.”

 

            Sandy sighed and rubbed her eyes sleepily as she and Dale drove down some deserted street. Something was not right, but the description they had been given had led them right here and to the capture of their main suspect. The only problem was, he wasn’t their main suspect, in fact he wasn’t on their list of suspects at all. He had been an obscure name given that they had to start all their research from scratch.

            “Are you sure this is right?” Sandy asked eyeing Dale. Dale sighed as well and shrugged, turning down another street before pulling up outside an old building.

            “This is who the victim said was driving the car,” Dale replied and Sandy nodded.

            “I know but think about it Dale,” She sighed and glanced around her, “The evidence just doesn’t add up.”

            “What evidence Sands?” Dale asked and turned the car off. “It was all speculation.”

            “But everything we were told...” Sandy began but Dale shook his head.

            “Yeah, everything we were told was past information, nothing that related to the case. It was just background info on our main suspect,” Dale reminded her. She nodded and leaned back in the chair.

            “So are we going to call back up before we make the arrest?” Sandy asked deciding to drop the subject because she knew it would go no where.

            “Yeah I think we should,” Dale nodded shakily and reached for the radio before looking at Sandy. “This is squad car 314 requesting back-up, come in.”

            “This is headquarters, go ahead 314,” the crackly voice on the radio cam after a while and Dale sighed before relaying their location to the head office. It was time to make an arrest and lay this case to rest.

 

            “J?” Justin looked up from his book and saw Johnny standing by the door, looking tired and worn out. He placed the book down and rubbed his face before answering.

            “Hey Johnny, come on in,” he smiled weakly and Johnny nodded walking into the room.

            “How you doing kid?” Johnny asked sitting down beside Justin, “Haven’t seen you around the hospital lately.” Justin sighed and shrugged, looking at Johnny slowly.

            “I’m alright,” he replied and intertwined his fingers, “I’m just giving Jayce his space.”

            “Did you guys have another fight?” Johnny asked raising an eyebrow. Justin hesitated and then nodded slowly.

            “Yeah, you could say that,” he replied and Johnny sighed rubbed his eyes.

            “J…” Johnny sighed heavily before continuing. “We don’t need this, not now.”

            “I know,” Justin whispered and looked at Johnny, “But we just can’t go back to way we were you know? Especially after…”

            “Kid, I know you can’t but you guys have to try,” Johnny said placing a hand on his shoulder. “Especially now, in the light of the accident and the history coming up.”

            “I tried Johnny but he didn’t want to,” Justin sighed leaning his head back on the couch, “And I can’t make him.”

 

             “Jayce?” JC looked up from his position on the bed and saw Johnny standing by the door. He smiled weakly and motioned for him to come inside.

            “Hey Johnny,” he replied as the older man walked into the room and stopped just a few feet away from the bed. “What’s up?”

            “Nothing much,” Johnny smiled and looked around, “Where’s Maddie?”

            “Coffee,” JC replied with a small nod, “I thought it might do her some good to go get some sustenance, she hasn’t eaten in a while.”

            “Ah,” Johnny replied in understanding, “Good, she needs it. But how bout you? How are you holding up?”

            “I’m okay,” JC nodded and patted his broken leg, “Getting better, the bruising has gone.”

            “Good,” Johnny said and sat down meekly at the edge of the bed. “Uh, I spoke with J earlier today.” JC’s stomach dropped and he intertwined his fingers together nervously.

            “Yeah? How is he?” he asked with a croak to his voice. Johnny sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

            “Well he said you guys talked,” Johnny began and looked at JC, “Why don’t you tell me?”

            “We really didn’t, well, um, talk,” JC replied shamelessly looking down, his face reddening.

            “Why not?” Johnny asked, there was no tone of accusation in his voice just curiosity. JC sighed and shrugged.

            “We can’t just go back to being best friends Johnny,” JC explained before looking back up, “Things have happened to change those dynamics.”

            “I know but Jayce,” Johnny protested and JC shook his head slowly.

            “Johnny,” he began and looked at his boss in the eye. “I tried, we both did but it just didn’t work so leave it at that.”

            “Do you mean you ignored him when he came to see you?” Johnny accused this time. JC shook his head, but then nodded realising Johnny was right.

            “I didn’t ignore him Johnny,” he replied, “It was the meds, they made me tired.”

            “Bullshit with the meds Jayce,” Johnny said and glared at him angrily, loosing his patience. “You’ve been on the same dosage since you woke up and you’ve not been tired any other days. So don’t give me that shit alright? The kid came in here to see if you were alright because he was worried and all you could do was shoot him down. Is that how you treat those who care for you?”

            “It’s not like that Johnny,” JC replied through clenched teeth angrily, “You just don’t get it.”

            “Then explain it to me,” Johnny answered, his tone in voice receding after realising things could get out of hand here. “Explain so I can understand.”

            “I just didn’t know what to say to him,” JC answered and unclenched his fists that had clenched up by his sides.

            “Why not? All you had to say was that you were grateful he had come by to check on you,” Johnny told him, “After all that has happened he still had the courtesy to come see you to make sure you were alright.”

            “Yeah,” JC snorted and crossed his arms across his chest suddenly, the image of the accident flashing in his mind. “Just like he did the night of the accident. Was he being caring then?”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki