Number of reviews: 17
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:

here's the next chapter.. i guess you all noticed i changed the name of the story.. i just didn't like the other one.. so enjoy the new name as well as the new chapter!!

 

            “She’s hiding something from us Dale,” Sandy told her partner a few minutes later as they walked out towards their squad car. Dale smiled at her and let out a laugh that rumbled from his chest. “What’s so damn funny?”

            “Of course she is Sands,” Dale replied in between laughs and shook his head. “I don’t think she’s hiding anything, what makes you day that?”

            “Well for starters she refuses to ever give us a straight answer,” Sandy replied glaring at him as they reached the squad car. She sighed and got in. “I mean, why is she refusing to tell us how they met or who their friends are.”

            “Well for starters,” Dale began as he started the car and they headed back to the station, “She did tell us how they met, and we shouldn’t have pried into her private life. We’re here to work on the case, not her love life.”

            “I know Dale,” Sandy answered closing her eyes and leaning her head against the seat as the sound of the dispatchers filled the car. “It’s just, there’s something fishy going on. Did you manage to get a look at that guy who was with her before we went in?” She sat up and looked at Dale who just shrugged.

            “Yeah I did so?” Dale asked as they turned a corner, “I don’t know why you care so much Sands, it’s just a case.”

            “Well so did I,” Sandy replied ignoring his last comment and answering his question, “And there was just something about him that didn’t feel right.”

            “Sands, every time we’re on a case something doesn’t seem right about every one to you. It’s just a normal reaction for you,” Dale replied as they pulled into the station and he turned the car off. “I’m sure it’s nothing.” Sandy sighed and nodded as she took off her seatbelt and got out of the car.

“I guess you’re right Dale,” she said, “I bet it’s nothing.” Dale nodded to her and smiled, and she smiled back, but she knew there was something else going on that she wasn’t being told. So she made a mental note to herself to check the file again, and if necessary get back to the hospital to question that guy, because she was sure he knew something they didn’t.

 

            A few minutes after the officers left, Madeline could feel the tears welling up again the memories flooded back to her. She had been blocking them out ever since the accident, but now they were all coming back.

            “Mads?” She looked up from her hands and saw Justin standing at the end of the bed. “Is everything alright?”

            “Yeah, everything’s just peachy fucking keen,” she muttered under her breath, she didn’t mean to be quite as nasty but the memories had made her mood sour and made her remember….

            “What did they say Maddie?” he asked taking a step closer and glancing at his friend.

            “Nothing Justin,” she said with a sigh, “They said nothing. What do you want?”

            “I just wanted to make sure you were alright,” he said noticing her mood change. “Is it alright if I sit with you?”

            “It’s a free world,” she grumbled and looked back down at her hands. “We don’t need your sympathy Justin.”

            “I thought a few hours ago you said you were glad that I was here,” he replied with a hint of hurt to his voice.

            “Yeah I did, but that was before…” she began and glanced at the bed, “Before they brought up old memories.” The last statement was said quietly, but he caught it.

            “Is that what happened? They asked about….” His voice trailed off as he looked at his friend and she just nodded.

            “Yeah they did,” her voice had become softer now. “I didn’t mean to snap Justin.”

            “It’s okay,” he answered with a nod, “I understand.” She looked at him and wondered if he really did.

            “I really am glad you’re here for him,” she told him after a while and he nodded in reply.

            “Yeah Mads,” he responded softly, “I’m glad I’m here too.”

           

            Sandy sighed and rubbed her eyes, the words on the page danced in her head like sea monkeys dancing in the sea. Slamming the file shut, she glanced at the clock. It was almost after ten and she needed to be heading out so she could get a decent night sleep before having to do more investigation on the case tomorrow.

            She slowly stood up, stretching her bones as she did so, and giving out a small yawn. She had been looking at the case file for hours now, and still came up with nothing on the young man that had been with Miss James before they saw her that afternoon.

            Yet, Sandy was sure she had seen him somewhere. His face seemed familiar, as if she’d noticed him in a dream of some sort. She rubbed the back of her neck, and looked around for her jacket.

            She found it lying lazily on the coat stand, and picking it up she flung herself into it before picking up her keys and the file on her desk and heading out.

The station was dead silent, except for Jim the night time receptionist who seemed to be half asleep as Sandy walked past him and out of the glass doors.

“Night Sands,” Jim called after her as she opened the doors and was about to step out. She turned to face the older man and gave him a quick wave.

“Night Jim,” she replied, “Have a good night.”

“You too,” he called after her as she stepped out into the chilly October air and headed for her car. She walked a few short paces before her cell phone decided to ring.

“Hello?” she asked, stopping by the car and struggling to open the door.

“Sands?” it was Dale. Sandy let herself relax a bit, and gave up trying to open the door while holding a million other things.

“Hey Dale, how’s it going?” she asked, leaning against her car. The cold metal hit her back and made her jump slightly.

“It’s going good Sands,” Dale replied, he sounded at ease. “Guess what?”

“I dunno what?” Sandy replied with a laugh, and laid the file on the roof of her car.

“Well you know that man that was with Miss James earlier today?” Dale asked and Sandy nodded.

“Yeah, what about him? I can’t find anything on him,” she replied and Dale chuckled.

“I’m surprised that’s the case,” he said in answer to her comment and she frowned.

“Why’s that?” she wanted to know, she realised how cold it was and gave opening the car door another shot.

“Well I was watching TV, you know one of those entertainment programmes,” Dale began and Sandy laughed. It was hard to imagine Dale watching any televison.

“You were watching TV?” she asked still laughing as she pulled the car door open and placed the file in her car.

“Yeah I was, Katie was over,” Dale replied, sort of insulted at her laughing at him.

“Ah, okay that explains it,” she replied with an understanding nod.

“Yes, so anyway we were watching this show and guess who comes on TV?” Dale asked and Sandy shrugged and she eased herself into the drivers seat.

“I dunno who?” she inquired as she shut the door, with the phone between her ear and shoulder. “Dale?”

“Miss James’ young friend from the hospital,” Dale replied and Sandy frowned in confusion.

“Wait, he was on TV?” she asked, there was something familiar about that.

“Yeah, and there was a picture of him and our hospital victim as well,” Dale replied. “They were with three other guys.”

“Why were they on TV?” Sandy questioned grabbing the file and searching through her car for a pen.

“Okay, you got a pen?” he asked and she nodded.

“Yeah, just hang on a minute will ya?” she asked and grabbed a grubby old biro out of the glove box before opening up the file. “Okay shoot.”

“Well apparently our hospital victim? He was part of this band with the guy from the hospital,” Dale began.

“The friend?” Sandy asked writing all this down and Dale sighed.

“Yeah the friend. Anyways the band broke up a few years back and from what they were saying the friend apparently is a very famous singer,” Dale finished, and Sandy felt a light bulb go off in her head.

“You know he did look kind of familiar,” she commented and she heard Dale laugh.

“Yeah, that’s because he is. The friend goes by the name of Justin Timberlake.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki