Number of reviews: 17
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Here is the new chapter.. hope you guys like it...

She was comfortable in her own skin, maybe too much so. He always wondered why she was like that, uncaring about the world she lived in, doing as she pleased. Maybe that is why he left her.

He left her standing there, as he walked out into the rain. He hadn’t run, he’d walked, hoping that she’d change not only her mind but her attitude as well.

He looked back, and saw the image of the house silhouetted against the black, thunderous sky surrounded by a white light that was barely there. All the lights in the house were on, but as he kept looking they slowly went out, one by one. She hadn’t changed anything, and wasn’t going to anytime soon.

 He sighed and shook his head; he turned back around and began to walk again. Leaving her alone, but not for long.

 

Justin sighed and leaned his head back on the chair, forcing himself not to look at her. But it was hard, after all that had happened between them. He rubbed his eyes and slowly sat up, he noticed her eyes were closed and she was fighting back more tears.

“Maddie?” his voice was soft, and Madeline slowly opened her eyes and forced herself to look at him.

“What is it Justin?” she asked, her voice sounded hoarse and unused.

“What are you thinking about?” he questioned with a small smile that was furrowed by confusion. Her attitude towards him had been changing too much for him to understand.

“Everything,” she whispered not wanting to bother to lie to him. She cast her eyes towards the bed where nothing had changed and rubbed her eyes. “I wish he’d wake up.”

“I do too Mads,” Justin whispered and scooted his chair closer to her. She looked at him, but didn’t say anything.

“Do you think he can hear us?” she whispered back and Justin gave her a half smile. He wasn’t really sure about how to answer her question.

“I don’t know,” he answered in all honesty, and they sat in silence for a while before either one of them spoke again.

“I think he can hear us,” she replied softly and cast her eyes downwards. “He knows you’re here Justin.” Justin didn’t know how to take what she had just revealed, whether he should be happy or relieved.

“I don’t know if he’d be happy about that,” he tried to joke to break the tension but it failed. She didn’t pick up his joke, she just nodded silently. He sighed and leaned back on his chair.

“How long will you be here for?” she asked and he noticed her glancing at him after a while. He looked back at her, and for a second he caught the old her in her eyes.

“Um,” he stuttered for a moment, “As long as he needs.” He managed to break the gaze then and turn his attention to the door.

“Oh,” she answered, it was as if she was disappointed in the answer he gave. “Well...”

“Knock, knock.” There was a tapping at the door that interrupted their conversation. Justin glanced up and saw a nurse peaking in through the crack of the door. “I’m afraid it’s one o’clock Miss James.”

“Okay,” Madeline nodded and stood up; Justin looked at her with confusion.

“One o’clock?” he asked with a raised eyebrow and followed her movements by standing up himself. Madeline nodded slightly as she gestured for the nurse to come in.

“Yeah, it’s time for his changing,” she looked uneasily at the bed and for a moment closed her eyes. “I don’t like to be here when they’re being changed.”

“Okay then,” Justin said, he was unsure of what to do as the nurse bustled in with her tray of antiseptics and new bandages. “Can I stay?”

“I’m afraid not,” the nurse replied and glanced at Madeline whose eyes read something he couldn’t quite tell.

“Okay then,” he nodded and looked at Madeline. “Let’s go so she can finish quickly.” Madeline nodded and smiled softly at the nurse.

“I’ll come get you when I’m done Miss James,” the nurse nodded, waiting for them to leave, “By the way there’s a police officer here to see you?” The nurse looked at Justin and he frowned, knowing she was referring to him.

“Um, thanks,” he nodded silently and walked out the room, with Madeline following closely behind like she used to.

 

“Mr Timberlake?” the female officer asked Justin as he approached her, he nodded slightly and noticed her partner was no where around.

“Yeah, that me,” he nodded again for reaffirmation and walked closer to her. “You wanted to see me?”

“Yes, um I was wondering if I could ask you some questions about your relationship with Miss James and the victim?” the officer asked with a raised eyebrow as she pointed with her pen towards the room. Justin looked over his shoulder and sighed, knowing he wouldn’t get out of it this time.

“Sure, what do you want to know?” he asked, and shoved his hands into his pockets, he noticed Madeline standing off to the far side twiddling her thumbs.

“Mr Timberlake, how do you know the victim?” the officer asked taking out her notebook and ignoring the fact that Madeline was nervously watching the scene. Justin sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

“We, um, we were bin a band together,” he replied wondering how to add to that.

“A band?” the officer asked, but Justin had a sneaky suspicion the officer already knew that. Justin nodded and remained silent. “Mr Timberlake, would you care to expand on that? What was your relationship with the victim exactly?”

“Uh, we were best friends,” he answered softly and looked down at his shoes running a hand through his hair

“Were? What happened if you don’t mind me asking?” the officer inquired writing all he was saying down.

“We, um, well things. They’re a bit personal and I don’t really want to go into them right now,” he answered and glanced at the room and Madeline. Madeline looked up at him and cast him a worried look. “Is that it?”

“Yeah, well for now,” the officer nodded and followed his gaze. “But we may need to come back and ask you more questions. Will you be around for long?”

“Miss James? I’m done you can see him now,” the nurse from earlier interrupted as she bustled out with her tray. Justin gave a sigh of relief as Madeline nodded and walked back into the room.

“Yeah, I’ll be around,” Justin nodded and looked back at the officer, “Um, do you mind if I?” he gestured for the direction where Madeline had gone and the officer nodded.

“No, please go ahead, it was nice talking to you Mr Timberlake,” the officer nodded and Justin smiled.

“Yeah you too,” he answered, and without waiting for a reply he left the officer standing in the hallway, and went to see his best friend.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki