Number of reviews: 17
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Okay guys, here's chapter 6.. enjoy it!!

Sandy had just finished talking to the victim’s sister, when the young man from earlier walked out the room. She produced a small smile and followed him down the corridor to the coffee machine that was situated right by the elevators, knowing she still had more questions to ask him.

“Mr Timberlake?” she asked as she approached him, she noticed him sigh and look up as he retrieved his cup of coffee from the machine.

“Yes?” he asked and took a sip before leaning against the wall and yawning.

“Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if I could ask you just a few more questions?” she asked and stood in front of him, getting her pen and paper ready. He sighed, but nodded his head.

“Okay, but you guys have done enough damage already,” he told her taking another sip of his coffee before leaning his head against the wall. “What else do you need to know?”

“Um, earlier you said that you and the victim worked together correct? How long were you working together for exactly?” Sandy asked taking the tactful approach instead of the direct. Justin shrugged and ran his free hand over his face before answering.

“About ten years,” he replied, “We did Mouse club together then joined the group and that was around ten years back. So yeah ten years.” Sandy nodded and wrote down the information he gave her.

“So you must be pretty close then huh? I mean you know him well enough?” Sandy inquired and Justin looked at her with a raised eyebrow before letting it fall again.

“Yeah, we knew each other well. I mean I knew him better than anyone in the group did anyways. Well that what I thought,” he answered; Sandy noticed a hint of bitterness in his voice.

“What do you mean?” Sandy asked, her ears perking up at his last comment, “You thought you knew him but don’t now?”

Justin sighed and managed to take one last sip of coffee before pushing himself away from the wall and looked at her before answering.

“Yeah, I thought I knew him back then but now I don’t. People change officer, people who you think you know change and that’s what happened to me,” he replied, discarding his half empty cup into the trash can near-by.

“How did he change, according to you?” Sandy asked, noticing he wanted to get away from the conversation but she wouldn’t let him. He shrugged and sighed again, heavier this time.

“He just did,” he replied and looked down the hall then to his watch, “Look I have to go meet with my manager in a few minutes can we do this another time?” Sandy sighed and nodded, putting her pen away.

“Yeah sure Mr Timberlake,” she replied and smiled at him, “When duty calls…”

“Yeah duty calls,” he grumbled and began making his way to the elevator, “Good bye officer.”

“Goodbye Mr Timberlake, and thank you,” she called after him but doubt he heard her. As the words left her lips he stepped into the elevator and the doors closed behind him, leaving Sandy in a cloud of confusion as to what had been relayed to her.

 

Sandy sighed as she re-read her files. She had been over them too many times already, and the conversation with Justin was still running through her mind. He had mentioned that the young victim had changed, and not given her a reason why or how, so she had gone back to her computer and typed his name and the victim’s into the Google search.

She had come across countless websites dedicated to the two of them and found a list of their closest family and friends. What she did next was write down the people who seemed to be closest to them, and get the contact information she needed off the police data base.

Next step, Sandy thought running a hand through her tangled hair, I need to question these four main people.  She smiled to her self and slowly stood up, stretching her limbs and glancing down at the list she’d made. First up, a Mr Trace Alya.

 

Sandy rechecked the address as she pulled up to semi-sized mansion and raised her eyebrow. This Trace guy was pretty well off for a personal assistant, but she figured it came with the fact that he was also Justin Timberlake’s best friend. She pulled the car to a stop outside the front steps and gathered her papers, as she got out of the car.

She pulled a stray hair behind her ear and took a deep breath in, before climbing the steps and pressing the door bell. She waited a few seconds, and glanced around and noticed the heavy gold trimming on the door.

“Can I help you Officer?” Sandy snapped around and noticed a young man, kind of short, watching her from the door way. She smiled at him slightly and nodded.

“Mr Alya?” she asked and waited for his response, he nodded slightly before she stuck her hand out for his, “I’m Sergeant Sandy Sullivan from the LAPD. May I come in?”

“Um, yeah sure,” he responded but didn’t take her hand. He stepped aside and opened the door wider. “What’s this about? I hope it’s not about the incident at Chi last week, because you know all those chicks were up in J’s grill.”

Sandy looked at him with a confused smile and shook her head, “No it isn’t about that. In fact it’s concerning a Joshua Chasez?” Sandy saw the young man’s face pale for a second before he stopped behind her and shut the door.

“You’re that cop right?” he asked with a frown and rubbed his chin, “The one that was asking J all those strange questions at the hospital?”

Sandy nodded and looked over her notes, “Well I asked a Justin Timberlake some questions at Saint Lucia’s right, and I am a cop.” She pointed to her uniform and the young man sighed.

“All right,” he said and walked past her, “You can ask me what ever, but just don’t tell J I let you ok?”

“Sure, I won’t tell anyone,” Sandy assured him as she followed him down the hall and into a room decorated with yellow couches. Sandy cringed at the décor. “So Mr Alya…”

“Trace, call me Trace,” he said and gestured for the couch, “Please sit. Drink?” Sand shook her head and pulled out a pen as she sat down, at least he had manners.

“Okay, well um Trace, what is your relationship with Mr Timberlake exactly?” she asked looked at him as he sat down. Trace sighed and rubbed his eyes.

“I’m his personal assistant, as well as his best friend. Actually I think we’re more like brothers,” Trace replied as Sandy wrote down what he said before glancing up at him again.

“And how long have you known each other?” she wanted to know.

“All our lives, since we were in diapers basically,” Trace answered and gave a nod.

“And do you know what his relationship with Mr Chasez was?” Sandy questioned. Trace nodded, before licking his lips nervously.

“They were in Mouse Club together and got close,” he shrugged and ran a hand through his short curls, “Then they joined the group and well here we are. The group went on a hiatus a few years back.”

“Do you know why?” Sandy asked, as she noticed his eyes darting back and forth towards the door, as if he was expecting someone to come in.

“They never really said,” Trace answered and looked over Sandy’s shoulder to something she couldn’t see, “But ever since the group did give out J has always been a tad bitter.”

“Bitter?” Sandy raised an eyebrow and Trace nodded. “About what?”

“I don’t know, but I always thought it had something to do with Maddie and Jayce hooking up a while after,” Trace shrugged and thought for a moment.

“Mr Alya, I mean Trace, why did you get that feeling?” Sandy inquired and Trace raised an eyebrow.

“You mean you don’t know?” he asked and laughed slightly as Sandy shook her head. “I guess I get why, I mean it was all very hurtful to J what Jayce did.”

“What did Mr Chasez do?” Sandy asked and Trace sighed.

“I shouldn’t even be telling you this,” he shook his head. “But...”

“It’ll help with the case,” Sandy assured him and Trace nodded nervously, “What did he do?”

“Okay well if it’ll help,” Trace began and cast his eyes at her, “Maddie was with Justin before the band broke up.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki