Number of reviews: 17
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Okay here's the next chapter.. and enjoy it!!

 

Sandy shook her head and undid the ponytail that held up her hair as she stepped into her car. She had made some progress, finding out that Miss James and Mr Timberlake had been a couple some years before. However, what Sandy remained to see was why they had parted ways and how the young victim of the accident tied into it.

The fact that Mr Alya had been willing to divulge to her the simple fact that his friend had been bitter once the group had split and that it had something to do with the victim and Miss James helped Sandy a lot as it gave her a reason to plot down one, maybe two suspects in the case. All she needed now was solid evidence in order to make those claims.

As she pulled away from the home that Mr Alya owned, she knew she had to continue interviewing many people that were on her list of witnesses. What bothered her however was where to begin, because she had failed to locate any of Miss James’ family.  Whether Miss James had failed to inform her family about the accident or whether she truly had no family was something Sandy was confused about.

Sandy turned the car onto the freeway and felt a frown forming on her features, as she realised all she could do was go down the list and hope that it helped her. Otherwise she would not be able to confirm any of her suspects.

 

Sandy parked the car in an empty parking slot outside the hospital and stepped out. She sighed, because she knew she was not going to be getting home early tonight as it was already dark. Sandy glanced at her watch quickly and rolled her eyes, just past seven, visiting hours were almost over and she wanted to talk to a few more people before heading home and slipping into bed. She grabbed her notes from the back of the car, before heading into the hospital.

As she walked through the glass doors she noticed a few of the victims friends beginning to leave, and a few of them were people she wanted to talk to.

“Mr Kirkpatrick?” Sandy called to one of the older gentlemen who were getting ready to leave. The man turned and looked at her, the frown on his face deepening with every step she took.

“Yes?” he asked and stopped in his tracks alongside his two other friends.

“Hi, I’m Sergeant Sandy Sullivan; can I ask you a few questions about Mr Chasez and the accident?” Sandy asked reaching him and out-stretching her hand to him. The man sighed and nodded reluctantly before glancing over to his two friends.

“Why don’t you guys head on to meet up with J? I’ll meet you there,” he told them and the two nodded.

“Sure thing, see ya in a bit C,” the blonde friend replied with a small smile and he and the other friend headed out.

“So what do you wanna ask?” the man asked turning his attention back to her, Sandy shuffled nervously under the intensity of his gaze and glanced at her notes.

“Um, have you known Mr Chasez long?” she asked and the man nodded.

“Yeah, you could say that about eight years or so ever since the group began,” he replied and ran a hand though his hair, trying not to cast his gaze over to the door.

“And did you know Miss James as well?” she asked trying to balance her notes in her hand while writing all he said down.

“Yeah,” he nodded and looked at her as she scribbled furiously.

“And was she with Mr Chasez then?” Sandy continued to ask, oblivious to the man’s stares.

“Is this on the record?” he asked and she stopped writing to look up at him.

“Um, yes, of course. You don’t mind do you?” she asked and he shook his head knowing that in police business everything was on the record.

“No I don’t,” he replied and looked away from her. “Uh, no Mads was with J at the time.”

“Oh okay,” Sandy nodded and resumed writing, “Why did they break up?”

“I don’t know all I know is that one day they were together and the next she was hopping it up with Jayce,” he answered and gazed down at his feet, “But J seemed really ticked off about that.”

“I heard about that,” Sandy nodded, “So do you have any idea as to why Mr Timberlake was not so happy with the idea of Mr Chasez and Miss James being together?”

“Well wouldn’t you be mad if it were you?” the man asked and stared up at her intensely, “I mean all of a sudden your best friend decides to hop it up with your ex? After she hurt you so bad?”

“So she hurt him? In what way?” Sandy asked confused and he shrugged.

“Like I said I don’t know. It was just the impression we got from J, that Mads had hurt him real bad so they broke it off. He wouldn’t tell me or anyone else why,” he said and looked at his watch. “Is that it? Because I have to go.”

“Um, yeah sure,” Sandy nodded and saw him sigh with relief. He smiled briefly at her before saying anything.

“Thanks, I hope I helped,” he said and began walking off. Sandy nodded in reply as she watched him walk away. As she did so, the feeling that she’d had all day finally began to rise.

 

“So I heard you talked to that cop,” Justin said as he noticed Chris entering the small diner where Lance, Joey, Chris and himself had all agreed on meeting for a quick snack. Chris shrugged and pulled off his coat, sitting opposite Justin next to Lance.

“Yeah I did,” he nodded and waved over a waitress who was standing near-by to order some coffee.

“What did she ask?” Justin inquired keeping his eyes set on Chris. Chris sighed and shrugged again.

“Just how long I’d known you and Jayce,” Chris replied and gave the waitress his order. “She also asked about Mads.” Chris turned around and faced Justin, giving him a stern look.

“What did she ask about her?” Justin asked, stirring his own coffee distractedly.

“She wanted to know if she and Jayce had been together when the group was still going,” he replied and Justin looked up at him.

“What did you say?” he asked. Chris sighed and ran a hand though his hair.

“I told her the truth, I told her no they weren’t together at the time and that it was you and Mads. Then she asked why you broke up and I said I didn’t know,” Chris frowned, and looked at Justin. “I didn’t tell her J.”

“Good,” Justin nodded and looked out the window as the waitress came back with Chris’ coffee. “And let’s keep it like that.”

 



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki