Number of reviews: 17
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
And here is the next one... enjoy!!

            But people didn’t want to start talking, as they soon learnt. They pulled up to the house that Justin owned, and as Justin glanced out of his window and saw the squad car approaching he groaned. He shook his head and pulled on a nearby sweat shirt before running down the stairs, almost bumping into Trace as he did so.

            “Whoa man,” Trace called as he dashed past, “Where’s the fire?”

            “Those cops are here,” Justin grumbled over his shoulder and plastered a fake smile on his face as he made it to the door, with Trace close behind him.

            “What? Are you sure?” Trace questioned, beginning to get a panicked look on his face. Justin nodded and pointed out the window to the squad car where two officers stepped out. “Oh. Um, J there’s something I better tell you before…”

            Justin waved him off and swung the door open, not wanting to hear what his friend had to say as the cops walked up the front stairs and towards the two men.

            “Mr Timberlake?” the female officer asked, and noticed Trace standing behind him. “Mr Alya.”

            “Officer,” Justin grinned and Trace nodded in acknowledgement.

            “J, can I…” Trace began but Justin cut him off.

            “Not now Trace,” Justin hissed over his shoulder and turned his attention back to the officer, “How can we help you officers?”

            “We were wondering if we could ask you a few more questions?” the male officer asked stepping up from behind his partner and looking at the two men.

            “Uh, yeah sure come in,” Justin smiled and gestured for Trace to step aside as the two officers stepped into the doorway. “Uh, why don’t we go through to the kitchen?” The officers nodded and let Justin lead them through the house and into the stylish kitchen. Once everyone was comfortably seated the officers wasted no time in asking the two men some questions.

            “Mr Timberlake, we heard that you and Mr Chasez’s sister exchanged a few words this afternoon. Would you mind telling us what it was about?” the female officer asked and Justin shrugged.

            “No I have no clue. I mean I went to see my friend and then all of a sudden Heather came storming out and was yelling at me. I have no clue why,” Justin replied shoving his hands into his pockets and noticing Trace fidgeting nervously.

            “Can you tell us what she said?” the female officer asked and Justin cast his eyes over to Trace before speaking.

            “Um, I can’t really remember. She was just raving like a lunatic,” Justin replied, “Trace are you okay?”

            “Um, yeah sure. J can I talk to you for a sec?” Trace asked getting out of his seat and motioning for the other room. Justin nodded and smiled apologetically to the officers.

            “Sure. Uh, can you excuse us for a sec?” Justin asked and the officers nodded in unison.

            “Sure Mr Timberlake go ahead,” the male officer replied and Justin smiled. He nodded to Trace and the two of them stepped out into the other room.

            “Okay Trace what is it?” Justin asked once the two of them alone with the door shut firmly behind them. Trace sighed heavily running a hand through his hair.

            “Um, I think you better know from me than them. The woman officer came by a few days back to my place to talk to me,” Trace muttered under his breath avoiding eye contact with Justin. Justin looked at his friend in shock.

            “You didn’t tell her anything right?” Justin asked and Trace shook his head.

            “No, I kept to the story,” Trace replied and Justin let out a sigh of relief.

            “Good,” he said and straightened out his shirt. “Good, and let’s stick to that story ok? And stop acting so nervous, you’ll set off the alarms in that officer’s head.” Trace nodded in agreement and the two of them went back to the kitchen to join the officers.

 

            “See they’re definitely up to something,” Sandy hissed to Dale as the two young men walked out the room. Dale raised an eyebrow at her and tried not to laugh.

            “What now they’re in this together?” he whispered back not taking his eyes off the door. “I thought the hunch was that they were separate suspects.”

            “Yeah, but ever since we walked into the door Mr Alya has been acting very strange,” Sandy replied and looked over her notes briefly, “I’m beginning to suspect Mr Alya more than Mr Timberlake due to his behaviour.”

            “You’re right Mr Alya has been acting very suspicious,” Dale replied but looked at Sandy, “But let’s not let them sense that we suspect something okay? Let’s just question them a bit more.” Sandy nodded and was about to answer when the door opened and the two men stepped back into the room.

            “Sorry about that,” Justin smiled apologetically and sat down at the table followed by Trace. “So what was it you were asking?” Justin smiled at them and Sandy felt herself shifting in her seat.

            “Uh, we just asked about the words that were exchanged between you and Mr Chasez’s sister?” Dale asked and Justin nodded.

            “Yeah I told you before, I don’t really remember. She was just raving mad,” Justin replied, he seemed more confident than before and he cast his gaze over to his friend.

            “Well, would she have a reason to have an outburst like that?” Sandy asked and Justin thought for a moment before shaking his head.

            “No, not that I know of. Maybe she was a bit upset that Jayce and I weren’t on the best of terms before all this,” Justin replied quietly and looked at his hands.

            “We heard you were a bit bitter towards Mr Chasez,” Sandy nodded and Justin looked at her curiously, “Your friends that I’ve talked to mentioned it. Is that what you mean when you say you weren’t on the best of terms?” Justin glared at Trace and nodded at Sandy.

            “Yeah, that’s what I mean,” he replied, not taking his eyes off his friend, “Is that all?”

            “Uh…” Sandy began and Dale nodded, before standing up feeling the uncomfortable ness in the room.

            “Yeah, for now. We’ll talk to you later,” he nodded at Sandy, “Come on Sands let’s go. Thank you Mr Timberlake, Mr Alya.” Sandy stood up as well, but her eyes were fixed on Justin and Trace.

            “Ok Dale let’s go,” she smiled and followed Dale out the room. “We’ll see our selves out.” Justin nodded and didn’t say anything as the two officers let themselves out of his home.

 

            “Did you see the way he glared at his friend?” Sandy asked as Dale and her climbed into the squad car a few minutes later. Dale nodded with a frown and turned the car on.

            “Yeah I did. As soon as you mentioned that the friends mentioned he was bitter he gave Mr Alya a bad look,” Dale commented as they backed out of the driveway. “You think they’re in it together?”

            “I think so,” Sandy nodded firmly, “I think Mr Timberlake has a lot he’s hiding, something his friends know about and he doesn’t want them to tell us.”

            “I agree,” Dale said turning onto the highway, “But what do we do now? We still can’t arrest him because we’re suspicious of his behaviour towards his friends.”

            “True,” Sandy replied and let her hair down to re-tie it. “I suggest we go talk to Miss James again, and get some secure answers from her, even though she refuses to talk.”

            “Good idea, when did you last talk to her?” Dale asked glancing at Sandy for a moment.

            “Oh not since I first saw Mr Timberlake,” Sandy confirmed, “Which is a long time ago.”

            “Yeah it is,” Dale agreed and turned the car into an exit. “I think it’s time we talk to her, we’ve given her enough space.”

 

            Madeline was still sitting vigilantly next to his bed, praying for him to wake up when the officers came back. Justin had left a few hours earlier claiming to have some things to attend to, and Heather had gone back to her hotel with her parents and brother for some rest. She was alone.

            “Miss James?” Madeline looked up and saw the female officer standing by the door offering her a small smile. “Mind if I come in?”

            “Um, sure come in,” Madeline whispered and sat up. “What is it?”                                

            “Can I ask you a few questions?” The officer asked and Madeline sighed.

            “I’ve told you all I know,” she said and leaned her head back on the chair. “But if you insist.” The officer smiled and walked a bit more into the room, taking out her pen from behind her ear.

            “Miss James, I just wanted to ask you about Mr Chasez’s relationship with Mr Timberlake. Is that okay?” the officer asked. Madeline sat up and looked at the officer, wondering what she had heard.

            “Uh yeah okay,” Madeline replied with a shaky voice. She took a deep breath in, and nodded.

            “Where Mr Timberlake and Mr Chasez on good terms before the accident?” the officer replied and Madeline looked at her, tensing up almost immediately.

            “Why do you ask? Is Justin a suspect now?” Madeline asked and the officer smiled.

            “I just wanted to clear up some things that I have been told by some of your friends that’s all,” the officer replied and took a step forward. “I just wanted to make sure I hadn’t misinterpreted things.”

            “What were you told?” Madeline asked nervously glancing over to JC.

            “That Mr Chasez and Mr Timberlake weren’t on the best of terms before the accident,” the officer confirmed and Madeline sighed knowing she had to say something. “Is this true Miss James?” Madeline nodded slowly before speaking.

            “Yeah it is,” she replied and looked up, “Justin was angry at Josh, very angry so they weren’t talking.”

            “Why was he angry at him?” the officer asked and Madeline shrugged.

            “I don’t know,” she whispered, not wanting to say anything further. “He just was…”

            “Miss James is it true you and Mr Timberlake were dating a few years back?” the officer asked and Madeline looked at her.

            “Who told you that?” she asked accusingly and the officer sighed.

            “Mr Alya, as well as Mr Kirkpatrick,” the officer confirmed with a nod. Madeline sighed and nodded.

            “Well yeah we were,” she answered, the officer stepped forward and sat down next to her.

            “Miss James, do mind telling me why you broke up?” the officer asked softly. Madeline could feel the tears coming back and she shook her head, not wanting to revisit her past.

            “We just fought a lot,” Madeline said because half of it was true, they had fought a lot. Especially in the last few months of the relationship.

            “What did you fight about?” the officer asked and Madeline looked at her.

            “Just couple stuff,” she replied and kept quiet. “Is that it?”

            “Uh, Miss James I know it’s hard but…” the officer began but Madeline cut her off.

            “I really don’t think it has anything to do with the case,” Madeline said quickly and looked at her officer. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

            “Miss James, we can’t keep delaying this. You need to talk to us,” the officer said and Madeline nodded.

            “I know, but right now I’m not ready,” she replied and heard a knock on the door. Madeline looked up and saw the nurse poking her head in with a questioning look. Madeline nodded and looked at the officer. “I think you should go, it’s time for his check up and I really don’t like anyone else to be in here with me while they do it.” The officer sighed and nodded standing up as the nurse ushered in.

            “Alright Miss James, but I will be back later today,” the officer said and Madeline nodded, “Good day Miss James.”

            “Good day officer,” Madeline replied and turned her attention to the nurse as the officer walked out. “So how are his vitals?”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki