Valentines by Davey


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Tampa International Airport

February 14th - 2006 - 09:15

 

Airport PA system “First class passengers for Northwest Airlines flight 879 Direct to Memphis, Tennessee, please go to gate 10 for boarding. Thank you.”

 

Nick sat listening to his Ipod glancing up at the departures board, waiting for his flight to show as boarding.

 

Looking up he saw his flight details showing as now boarding, grabbing his carry on bag, he started towards the gate.

 

Deciding a quick call to Justin was in order he grabbed his cell phone from his jean pocket and hit speed dial 1.

 

“Welcome to T-mobile voice mail. The person you have called cannot take your call, please leave a message after the tone…. Beep!”

 

“J, its nick where are you? Sorry I can’t make it up to see you, tell the family I send my love. I’ll catch you later, I’m gonna be in meeting’s for the next two hours or so, I’ll call you later ok. Love you babe.”

 

Reaching the gate, Nick smiled to the assistant as he handed his boarding card over.

 

“Have a nice flight Mr. Carter, and thank you for using Northwest.”

 

“Thanks.” Nick replied with a smile, walking off towards the Aircraft.

 

Before switching his cell phone off, Nick looked at the screen to see a message displayed. Pressing view, he looked at it.

 

‘Hey Sweetie sorry I missed your call, I’ll talk to you later, call mom’s house number cause the coverage is crap here. Love ya xxx J”

 

Smiling Nick hit the power button and watched his screen go blank.

 

After the usual safety message’s he leaned back in his chair and listened to the roar of the engines as they started to move.

 

 

20 Minutes later they were cruising over the country with just over an hour and a half’s flying time to go.

 

Getting his carry on luggage Nick took his laptop out of its case and searched for the wireless internet connection onboard. God bless first class service Nick thought.

 

Logging into his email account he saw a few boring record company emails, one from Brian and finally one from Justin. Clicking on it he hit open.

 

From : JustinT(JRT013181@Jiverecords.com)

 

To: Nicky(BSBNick@Jiverecords.com)

 

Subject : HeyJ

 

Hey sweetie,

 

Just thought I’d drop you a quick note to say hey. Sad we can’t be together this valentines, but we got like the next 60 or so to enjoy so this one won’t be too missed in the long run. Heh.

 

Just got your voice mail, Mom says to say hi and to let you know you can call anytime at the house because she loves talking to you *rolls eyes* lol.

 

Anyway Jon and Stephen are coming over for a while this morning to see me, so I’d better go. Talk to you later

 

Miss and Love you

 

J.

 

 

Nick sat with a huge grin lighting his cheeks as he read the email. Logging onto his MSN account he looked up his contacts list to see if anyone was online.

 

MrT: Nicky! I thought you were supposed to be in a meeting hmm..?

 

NickyC: Babe! I’m in hiding they think I’m looking at notes on here. Hehe

 

MrT: Oooh sneaky, I like! You ready for this weekend? I should be in Saturday morning.

 

NickyC: Yeh babe, I’ll be at the airport to pick you up, you’re staying with me in the Keys right?

 

MrT: Duh! Hehe, of course I am, I miss my Nicky lovin L

 

NickyC: Trust me babe it’ll pass quicker than you think… It’s only a few days to go.

 

Nick sat giggling away to himself, ‘Yeh babe only a couple hours not days’

 

MrT: Hmm... I’m beginning to think you don’t miss me at all since you’ve not said it yet *pout*

 

NickyC: Aww baby of course I miss you, yikes that pout even works online :p

 

MrT: Haha, proud of me then? See it’s the super pout, not just a normal pout :p

 

NickyC: Always proud babe, Look I’ve gotta go they look like they’ve noticed I’m taking a long time to adjust my notes here. Love ya babe I’ll talk to you later when I get outta here.

 

MrT: Aww *pouts* Guess the super pout isn’t gonna work this time huh? Love you to sweetie. Take care; I’ll talk to you later.

 

Nick clicked sign off and closed his laptop down.

 

Deciding to take a quick nap, he closed his eyes and drifted off.

 

 

Lynn Harless’s house Millington TN 10:30 AM

 

“Justin!” Lynn shouted

 

“Yeh Mom?” Justin replied walking into his mother’s kitchen.

 

“Sweetie I’ve got to head out for a couple hours, will you be ok with the boys?”

 

“Sure, where are you going Mom?” Justin asked.

 

“I’ve just got to collect some thing. I’ll be back as soon as I can be.”

 

“Ok Mom, take care.”

 

“See you later honey.” Lynn said as she walked out the back door.

 

Lynn walked out to her garage and opened the door to her Suburban. Getting in and starting the engine, she headed for Memphis International.

 

Memphis International Airport. 11:30AM

Nick walked down the gangway towards baggage claim. He pulled his cap down and put his sun glasses on not wanting to be recognised, especially with no security. He waited for his bags to come into view before stepping up and grabbing them.

 

Walking towards the exit he spotted Lynn walking in, on seeing her, his smile increased and he changed direction to intercept her.

 

“Excuse me Maam” he drawled. “I’m looking for the beautiful lady who’s picking me up.”

 

“Nick!” Lynn gasped. “You frightened me, Oh honey it’s so good to see you!” She exclaimed before wrapping her arms around him.

 

“It’s good to see you too Lynn.” Nick said while smiling at her knowing what was coming next.

 

“Nickolas Gene Carter, how many times must I tell you, it’s mom to you!” She berated him, before smiling.

 

“How’s Justin doing mom? He’s not been to annoying to you has he?” Nick giggled out.

 

“Oh! That boy! He’s been in a funk ever since he got home. When you told him you couldn’t make it here for valentines I was just about ready to murder him!” She laughed.

 

“So he has no idea I’m here?” Nick asked.

 

“None what so ever honey. Now come on, let’s go make his day.” She said with a smile.

 

Following her out, Nick couldn’t help but think how lucky Justin was to have a Mom like Lynn. Not only had she not been fazed when he came out to her, but she’d welcomed Nick with open arms when introduced to him as his boyfriend.

 

Lynn drove Nick back towards her house, filling him in on everything that had happened since she’d last seen him, and on just how moody Justin had been the last week. Pulling into her garage she told Nick to stay in the car and keep down on the back seat while she went in and got Justin.

 

Lynn Harless’s house Millington TN 12:15 PM

Lynn walked through the door and into her kitchen. Not seeing Justin she shouted up the stairs for him.

 

“Justin, I’m home.”

 

“Hey mom, Lisa came and picked the boys up about 10 minutes ago.”

 

“Ok Honey, can you come help me get some stuff from the car please?” She asked.

 

“Sure Mom, coming.”

 

Justin came thundering down the stairs towards him Mom. Kissing her cheek he walked towards the kitchen.

 

“Justin, do you really need to make that much noise, just to get down the stairs!” She scolded him.

 

A slight blush creeping into his cheeks, he replied “Sorry Mom.”

 

“It’s ok sweetie just head on out and grab the stuff I left on the back seat please.”

 

“Sure Mom.” Justin said heading for the door.

 

Lying on the back seat of the car Nick waited for Justin to come into the garage. Hearing the door to the garage open he leaned up a little to look out the blacked out windows.

 

Justin reached the car and opened the door.

 

“SHIT!” He screamed, shocked to see someone looking back at him.

 

“Wow babe, such a welcome” Nick said, leaning forward to get up.

 

“Nicky!” Justin screamed out. “When did… How did… What are you doing here?” Justin stuttered out, jumping forward to hug Nick.

 

“Baby, have I missed a Valentines yet? I just wanted to surprise you that’s all.” Nick replied leaning forward to wrap his arms around Justin’s strong frame.

 

“Well I’m surprised alright!” Justin said pulling back a little, only to redirect his mouth towards Nicks.

 

Nick smiled, tilting his head slightly to the side to meet Justin’s in a soft kiss.

 

“Happy Valentines babe.” Nick said smiling

 

“Happy Valentines to you too, come on Sweetie; I need to have words with my Mom.” Justin said giggling.

 

Nick followed Justin into the house, wrapping his arms around the other man as they entered the door.

 

“Oh look, my two favourite boys!” Lynn gushed, walking over to give both Justin and Nick hugs followed by kisses on their cheeks.

 

“Boys sit down, I’m making lunch, you must be starved Nick, I know you don’t like that airline food.” Lynn said before busying herself preparing a snack for them.

 

“Mom! How could you not tell me Nick was on his way?!?” Justin moaned.

 

“Justin, shush! If I told you that, Nick wouldn’t have been able to surprise you now would he.” Both Nick and Lynn laughed at the pout Justin was now full on displaying.

 

“Stop that!” Nick told him leaning over to kiss the pout away, Justin moaned a little into the kiss, causing Lynn to turn around to see what they were doing.

 

Noticing Lynn looking their way, Justin Blushed and pulled back. “Sorry Mom”, he apologised.

 

“Oh honey you kiss him all you want to, I’m just happy to see the smile back on your face.” She replied, and then turned around to continue making lunch.

 

“Nick, what do you have planned for your stay then honey?” Lynn asked still facing away.

 

“Oh, I’ve got plans but I can’t let our baby boy hear them, it’d ruin more surprises on him.” Nick giggled looking at the pout that was once again making its way onto Justin’s face.

 

“Ok here we are boys, it’s only simple Nick but I’ve not had anytime to cook today honey, soup and sandwiches enjoy boys.” Lynn said placing bowls and plates down in front of them.

 

“Thanks Mom, it’s great.” Nick said.

 

“Yeah Mom, thanks.” Justin added

 

Both Nick and Justin ate in silence; Lynn had gone off to do some house work. Finishing his meal Justin turned to Nick.

 

“Sweetie, fancy heading down to the den when your done?” Justin asked.

 

“Yeh baby, sounds good, I’m kinda tired I could do with a nap, if that’s cool with you?”

 

“Sure I hear I make a pretty good pillow.” Justin winked at Nick.

 

Laughing Nick said “Yeah, yeah we’ll see babe, come on lets go to the den.” Standing Nick took Justin’s hand in his and led him through the house to the den.

 

Sitting on the love seat, Justin guided Nick so he was lying down with his head in Justin’s lap. “Sweet dreams sweetie, I love you.” Justin said leaning down to kiss Nick’s forehead.

 

Sleepily smiling back at Justin, Nick raised his hand to stroke Justin’s cheek. “I love you to babe.” Nick said slowly drifting off to sleep.

 

Forty five minutes later Lynn walked into the den, having become curious as to where they were.

 

Looking up Nick smiled at her and whispered “He’s been out for half an hour; I don’t have the heart to wake him.”

 

Walking over Lynn picked up a blanket placing it over both Nick and Justin. “Honey you rest too ok.” She leaned down to kiss his forehead stroking the hair from his eyes.

 

Watching her walk away Nick whispered. “I love you mom.”

 

Turning she smiled at him and whispered “I love you too hon.”

 

The sound of the front door slamming shut woke Nick with a start. Only causing Justin to stir in his sleep

 

“Nicky?” Justin asked.

 

“Right here baby.” Nick reassured him. “Time to get up, Paul’s home I think.

 

“Uhh huu. Ok just gimmie a sec.” Yawning and stretching Justin tried to waken himself up.

 

“Come on baby lets go.” Nick tugged Justin’s hand to pull him up.

 

“So was I right?” Justin asked sleepily.

 

“Huh? Right about what baby?” Nick asked

 

“Pillow, me being a good pillow?” Justin giggled.

 

“The best babe, the best pillow ever.” Nick replied smiling, then leaning to give Justin a soft kiss. Justin placed his hands on the back of Nicks head and deepened the kiss. Feeling Justin’s tongue press for entrance to his mouth, Nick parted his lips.

 

Justin pushed his tongue forward until it met with Nick’s gently he allowed Nick to suck his tongue further in, until it started duelling with Nick’s own.

 

Moaning Nick pulled Justin’s body tight against his own. His hand’s slid down Justin’s back to cup his ass. Grabbing tightly Nick lifted slightly causing their crotches to press tightly against each other.

 

Leaning back slightly, breaking the kiss Justin moaned “Ohh Nicky, if we don’t stop, I’ll not be able to walk pass Mom and Dad!”

 

Laughing Nick replied “Me too babe, come on lets say hi to Paul.”

 

Nick took Justin’s hand and walked him through to the kitchen, where Paul and Lynn sat drinking coffee.

 

“Good you’re awake. Do you want coffee boys? The pot’s just freshly made.” Lynn asked.

 

“Thanks Mom. Hey Dad, How are you?” Justin asked.

 

“Good son thanks. Hello Nick, how are you doing? Keeping the boy happy I see!” Paul laughed looking at the blushes rising in both Justin and Nick.

 

“Hey Paul, I’m good thanks.” Nick replied getting redder by the second.

 

“Mom could I talk to you for a minute, in private?” Nick asked.

 

“Sure honey, come with me.”

 

Justin and Paul both looked at the two walking out of the room.

 

Laughing “Their up to something.” Paul said.

 

“Yeh Dad they are, Nick’s been thinking something up all afternoon, I can tell!”

 

Smiling at Justin, Paul shook his head, “Get used to it son, with your mother in cahoots with him, he’ll always be up to something.”

 

Nick and Lynn were in Justin’s basement studio, sitting at the control desk.


”You know Nick, when Justin first said he wanted to put a studio down here, I thought ‘Oh great, more noise from the boy’, but it’s a great place. He can have his ear pressed as tightly against that door as he wants, he’ll not hear a sound of what we discuss.” Lynn said smirking at the thought. “So honey, what did you want to talk about?”

 

“Well, I kinda hoped you could help me out a bit today. I’ve got a surprise set up for Justin and I need the guest house for it. Your gonna think I’m a total sap when you hear what I’ve got planned.” Nick blushed at the thought.

 

“Why don’t you just let me decide that honey, tell away…”

 

In the hall way, Justin as expected was trying to hear what his boyfriend and mother were discussing. He mentally cursed himself for making sure the room was 100% sound proofed. His ear was pressed tightly against the door seal, hoping maybe some noise would travel through. He didn’t realise quite how tightly pressed against the surface he was until it gave way, as his mother opened it.

 

Catching Justin in her arms as he fell forward Lynn said “Honey, what a welcome! Now you wouldn’t have been trying to spy on us would you?” She finished raising an eyebrow.

 

“Umm ahh no Mom, just couldn’t wait to see Nicky again!” Justin said as he leaped across into his laughing boyfriend’s arms.

 

“Yeah sure baby, I’ll believe you!” Nick joked with him.

 

“Come on boys, I’ve got things to do today, I can’t waste all my time listening to you Justin.” Lynn stated heading for the stairs.

 

Nick, Justin and Lynn headed back upstairs and again towards the kitchen.

 

“Paul, I need you to go into town and get me a few things please honey?” Lynn asked her husband.

 

“Sure, what do you want?”

 

“Here I’ve made a list. Can you just deliver the stuff to the guest house, I’m going to ask Grandma to come stay for a few days and I want her to have everything ready in there.”

 

Taking her list, Paul looked up at her with raised eye brows “Umm sure dear, no problem, I’ll just head out and grab this for you.” Paul said as he stood up. He leaned forward and kissed Lynn gently before heading for the door.

 

“Mom, why is Grandma staying in the guest house? She always stays in here?” Justin asked.

 

“Well you know your Grandma, she like’s to be as little a hassle as she can honey.”

 

“Umm Mom, Grams loves to be a hassle. She loves the attention.” Justin said looking at his mother with a confused expression.

 

“Justin, maybe I don’t want to deal with the hassle as much this time ok!” Lynn snapped hoping Justin would drop the issue before it got more difficult to lie to him.

 

“Oh umm ok momma I’m sorry.” Justin apologized never meaning to upset his Mom.

 

“Baby why don’t we go upstairs and let your mom get on with her stuff huh?” Nick asked.

 

“Sure sweetie, lets go. See you later mom!” Justin called before running off on Nick laughing.

 

“Thank you so much Mom.” Nick said to Lynn, “I know what it’s like to have to try and trick him, not nice at all!”

 

“Oh honey don’t worry, I’ve had twenty five years practice!” Lynn said before laughing, “I’d better go start getting your surprise ready, eh honey?” Lynn smiled at Nick before kissing his cheek and walking for the door.

 

Nick climbed the stair’s heading into the living room. Not finding Justin, he walked further along the hall into Justin’s bedroom. Sticking his head round the door he saw Justin looking out the window at the guest house, watching his Mom as she crossed the yard.

 

Not turning around Justin knew Nick was standing at the door, “Your up to something sweetie I know it!”

 

Nick let out a low quiet laugh, “What makes you think that babe?”

 

“Just a feeling, you know the whole talking to my Mom in private, her doing stuff in the guest house. Come on please tell me?”

 

Nick shook his head, “Nope not a chance Timberlake!”

 

“Pretty please.” Justin said with his pout in full action.

 

“Baby, come on, let me distract you from what’s going on out there.” Nick said

 

“Nicky, can you lay down with me for a while. I’m still sleepy and well, you make a good pillow too.” Justin said with a smirk.

 

“Of course Baby.” Nick said crossing the room to where Justin was standing. Wrapping his arms around Justin waist, he gently pulled him away from the window and on to the bed. “Sleep well baby, I’ll stay here with you and nap too ok.”

 

“Thanks.” Justin murmured already drifting off to sleep. Nick laid down guiding Justin’s head on to his chest, slowly joining his in his dreams.

 

6PM…

 

Lynn quietly opened the door to Justin’s bedroom and crept across to where the two men lay wrapped in each others arms. Gently she tapped Nick’s shoulder, “Nick wake up honey.”

 

Groggily Nick raised his head to see Lynn looking down at him.

 

“The house is ready for you honey. Just wake him up and go right ahead ok.”

 

Smiling Nick said “Thanks Lynn, you’re the best.” Turning his attention to Justin he stroked the short curls and whispered into his ear to wake him up.

 

“huh?” Justin softly spoke, “What time is it Nicky?”

 

Looking at the bedside clock Nick answered “A little after six babe, come on time for your surprise.”

 

Justin immediately shot up on the bed. “Surprise, well come on then Nicky let’s go!” He jumped of the mattress and stood waiting by the door.

 

Nick laughed following Justin out the room, then down the stairs. Justin ran into the kitchen seeing his mom and dad sitting looking at him. Paul looked at him with a knowing smirk on his face, while his mom just looked excited for him. Nick followed into the room, receiving a wink from Paul and a hug from Lynn.

 

“Come on Nicky, let’s get out there!” Justin excitedly rambled on.

 

“Ok babe, lets go see what your Mom’s been up to shall we?” Nick said smirking at both Paul and Lynn.

 

Justin was out the door in a shot, rushing across the yard to the guest house. Trying to open the door, he found it locked. Nick took his time crossing the yard, watching Justin as he tried the door again and again. Reaching the door Nick took out the key, which Lynn had slipped him before he left the kitchen.

 

“Ready baby?” Nick asked.

 

“For sure!” Justin replied excitedly.

 

Nick placed the key in to the lock and turned, pulling the handle down he gently pushed the door open, stepping aside he let Justin walk in first.

 

“Oh my god Nick!” Justin gasped. “Its so beautiful!”

 

“All for you baby, all for you.” Nick said wrapping is arms around Justin’s waist.

 

The inside of the room was lit by four large pillar candles, all the furniture had been removed and a large blanket placed on the hardwood floor, in front of the roaring fire. Yellow rose petals were carefully spread over the blanket and surrounding floor space. Next to the blanket lay a basket filled with salads, fresh fruit and a pasta salad.

 

Nick gently led Justin across the room to the fire, he guided Justin until he was sitting between the fire and the basket.

 

Sitting opposite Justin, Nick took his hands in his own, “Baby, you make me feel so special every day, whether were together or if it just a call or message. This is your day to feel special. I love you.” Nick said his face glowing with love.

 

“Oh Nicky I love you too, so much!” Justin replied, emotional tears threatening to leave his eyes.

 

“Let’s eat, then you can get your gifts!” Nick laughed at the sudden excited look on Justin’s face

 

“Nicky I want to run in real quick and grab your gifts so we can exchange together Ok?”

 

“Sure baby, go ahead.” Nick replied with a massive grin across his face, his own excitement showing.

 

Justin stood up leaning down to give Nick a quick chaste kiss on the lips, before running out the door towards the house. Entering the kitchen he darted straight past his parents and upstairs. Grabbing the wrapped gifts from his dresser, he quickly made his way back out to the guest house.

 

Opening the door to the guest house Justin spoke, “Back sweetie, did ya miss me?”

 

“Of course baby. Now sit so we can eat.” Nick replied grinning.

 

Justin sat back down Indian style in his pervious place, his knee’s touching Nick’s, he watched as Nick pulled salad leaves and the pasta out of the basket adding fresh crusty bread to the mix. Placing the plates on the blanket they were seated on, Nick grabbed a fork and selected an assortment of the foods before him. Raising the fork he gently raised it to Justin’s mouth and began to feed him. Loving the attention Justin was giggling to himself over how fun and romantic this was.

 

“Come on baby eat up, or you get no desert!” Nick said, a small soft laugh escaping with the words.

 

Justin greedily chewed his food down, not wanting to rush it, but still hating to have to wait for the next part of his surprise. Nick continued to feed both himself and Justin until their plates were finally clear.

 

“Ok baby, present time!” Nick said just as excited as Justin.

 

“Sweetie I’ll go first ok, I’ve got you two little gifts, but their both special to me so here goes! This is the first one.” Justin said, whilst handing a small square box over.

 

Nick took the box from Justin’s hand carefully unwrapping the red silk bow that was around it. Lifting the lid of he looked inside it. Gently he lifted three keys out, not quite understanding he looked up to Justin for an explanation of what the gift meant.

 

“Ok sweetie, this key,” Justin said lifting a key from Nicks fingers, “is for my house in Orlando. This key,” Taking the second key from Nick, “is for my apartment in LA. And finally this key,” Taking the third and final key, “is for my door here. I want you to feel free to come and go from my houses whenever you want to. You’re welcome always.” Justin finished.

 

Nick looked at Justin with unshed tears in his eyes the sentiment in Justin’s gift really hitting him.

 

“Oh baby, thank you so much!” Nick leaned forward and took Justin’s lips in his own.

 

Pulling back Nick said “Ok baby, your turn!” He passed a small jewelry box to Justin.

 

Justin’s eyes widened on seeing the box, sheer excitement flowing through his veins, lifting the lid, he looked inside to see two ocean blue diamond stud earrings. Knowing that that had to have been made at Nicks request made Justin’s heart swell.

 

“Sweetie, their absolutely gorgeous!” Justin shrieked out.

 

“Well their ocean blue, so you can think of me down in the Keys every time you see them.” Nick said smiling big at the knowledge Justin loved his gift.

 

Justin took his current diamond studs out and replaced them with the ones Nick had bought him. “Well sweetie what do you think?” Justin asked.

 

“Well baby perfectly beautiful and the earring’s look pretty good too!” Nick giggled out, Leaning forward and placing a soft kiss onto both Justin’s ears.

 

“How about we open our next gift’s together Nicky?” Justin asked.

 

“Sounds like a perfect Idea,” Nick responded, “I just hope your happy with you next one.” Nick added a small token of doubt in his voice.

 

Both Nick and Justin handed their next gifts to each other, both passed again small jewelry boxes across.

 

“Ok baby on the count of three one, two, three!”

 

Both men opened their gifts at the same time, both gasped at what they saw. Inside each box were identical engagement rings. Both men had looked up at the same time shock evident on their faces. Nick was the first to move.

 

Leaning forward he took the box from Justin’s hand, lifting the simple silver band from the box he said “Justin, I love you with my whole being. I have ever since I first met you, so many years ago. Would do me the honor of being with me for the rest of our days?”

 

Justin looked down at the ring then back up in to Nick’s eyes, “Sweetie yes! Oh god yes! But I kinda had a question for you too!”

 

Nick slipped the band onto Justin’s finger.

 

“Nick I love you too. I’ve always known it was you that had my heart. Will you make me the happiest man alive and accept my ring as a promise my heart will always belong to you. Nick will you marry me?”

 

Tears flowed fast down Nick’s cheeks, unable to contain the emotions flowing through him. “Baby it would be an honor.”

 

Justin slid the band onto Nick’s finger. Both men leaned forward to meet, their lips pressing tightly together. Both overcome with emotion, tears flowing down their cheeks.

 

Raising his glass to Nick, Justin toasted, “Here’s to us and our next 60 Valentines!”

 

Both men, free hands holding each other, clinked their glasses to their future.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki