Did I Really? by Nelanna


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


"Man, you ok?" Lance saw the green color on Chris' face.

"It's just these press conferences, I always feel like I'm on trial or something."

"Then why do you do them?" This time Joey jumped in, this was the first real conversation today and he wasn't going to miss it.

"I do them because I have to. I can’t just skip out on them.”

"I've missed a couple and I'm still standing…” Justin really didn't want to join the conversation but the words left his mouth before he caught himself.

"But I'm supposed to be the backbone, you know? I'm the oldest and should be the role model and the..... why are you laughing?!?" None of them could answer because they were laughing too hard. Of course, Chris WAS the oldest, but he was the youngest maturity-wise. They were all looking for a way out of the position they put themselves in because they knew Chris was going to tackle the first one who said what they were thinking.

"You've done a lot for the group and we appreciate it." Everybody nodded at Chris in agreement to JC's comment. "It's just that we wouldn't call you the "oldest" personality wise." JC was fighting a smirk back as Justin was nodding his head furiously behind Chris.

"Well, since you seem to be the one taking charge here, what to you suppose I do Oh-Great-and-Powerful One?" Chris bowed slightly for effect; he wasn't going to be the only one ragged on today. Joey, watching the fire build in JC's face and knew he better say something and without thinking said, "I know what we can do." Everyone turned to look at him and Joey's mind went blank. Lance raised his eyebrow and Justin just whistled softly. "We'll, uh....., we'll tell Johnny that you, uh....."

"...that you aren't feeling well. We'll stress the point that you don't need a doctor and should be ok by tomorrow." Everyone's head snapped toward Lance as he sat there fiddling with the Blackberry in his hand as though he hadn't said anything.

"You think he'll buy it?"

"Why not? If I could see it in your face he should be able to, too."

"So you all with go along with it, no funny business or anything?" This time their looks were serious as they answered yes in unison. "Cool, thanks guys." Chris turned down the hall to go back to the room they were in an hour ago. "I'll do anything to make this up for you guys." With that Chris disappeared and the four of them looked at each other with one thing on their minds. With a slight laugh Justin spoke up, "Man is he going to regret saying that." It wasn't going to be hard for them to smile through the press conference that was for sure.

~~~~three months later~~~~

After their whirlwind over the past few months of guest appearances and special performances the guys decided a break was well earned. Back in Orlando they were at the house with their girlfriends, except for Chris that is. Nina had to work today and said she would catch up with them later. They were going out tonight to celebrate the fact that they had the holidays off after a video shoot in September. The girls had decided to play truth or dare and were rather giddy when the guys joined them, mostly out of sheer boredom. With nine people sitting around a rather nice setup of wine and beer things were sure to get interesting.

"Ok, ok. My turn to ask someone." Tiffany, Lance's girl, looked around to room for her victim. She laid her eyes on Justin and the he flashed his winning smile at her, she knew she had to wipe it off his face. "Ok, Justin, truth or dare?" Without even hesitating Justin replied dare. "I dare you to........ jump in the pool." He just had to laugh. 'What kind of dare is that?' he thought.

"Ok, no problem." He stood up and turned toward the door when "Naked." You would have thought he just hit a tree or something. "What?!? It's the middle of the day and I can swear that there is a helicopter hovering right over top of us."

"You're right. There is. But you said dare so you have to do it." Justin looked around the room for help but seen Joey trying to regain his composure after having beer come out his nose. The rest of them were sitting there in hysterics and Justin, now defeated, walked down the hall.

The next thing they all know they see a blur of Justin come running down the hall toward the backdoor, which now they were all thankful was open, and jump into the pool. As if they weren't laughing hard enough at what they had just seen, but as he tried to climb up the side of the pool he slipped and fell right back in making a loud smacking sound as his back hit the water. When he got out of the pool he quickly went back down the hall and came back out only half dressed with his shirt in hand.

"Courtney, is my back all red?" Courtney, Justin's girl, got up in went behind him and went bug-eyed and nearly fell over laughing while managing to reply with an "Mmmhmm." He turned around to look at her and heard everybody breakout into laughter.

"Man, you look like a lobster!!" Chris yelled over everyone else. Justin gently put his shirt on and sat back at the table. "Ok, Chris, truth or dare?" Chris wasn’t lit but he felt like he could take on anything Justin threw at him. “Dare.” Justin’s smile looked as he had taken it right off The Grinch. He chuckled, if only Chris knew what had gotten himself into.

“Ok, remember that press conference awhile back?”
“Yeah, so?”
“Well I’m calling in my anything. Come here.”

Chris followed Justin down the hall. Everyone listened intently trying to figure out what was going on. After about fifteen minutes Justin and Chris reappeared. Everyone just stared at Justin, then Chris, then Justin, then Chris. Chris was suddenly sober. ‘Did I really say ANYTHING?’ he thought.

“Now remember, you have a week.” Chris just nodded. Everyone, now slightly confused, agreed that it was time for a break and dispersed. Chris headed home; the weight of what Justin had said kicking in. This was going to be one interesting week.
~~~
Chris now realized why he had those heavy curtains installed. Light plus hangover is bad. As he got out of bed he found that Nina had fallen asleep right after work. She was still in her work clothes. While fumbling around for some Tylenol last night's events hit him, hard. Hoping it was all a dream Chris left his bedroom to find someplace Nina wouldn’t hear him so he could call someone. He decided to go out for breakfast and just bring something back for Nina.

“Hello?”
“Lance. Man. Glad I caught you. We didn’t play truth or dare last night, did we? Please tell me we didn’t….”
“Well…uh…”
“Crap! Man, I don’t know what to do. There is NO way I can do this. Justin abused the anything rule. I can’t do it. Damnit!”
“Chris, calm down. Just call him and talk to him. He was really ticked last night when he gave you the dare, plus he was drinking. You know how he gets when he drinks.”
“Yeah, true. I just hope he’ll let this one go.”
“What exactly is he making you do?
“I can’t tell you, his rules. Oh!! While I’ve got you, can you do me a favor?”
“Depends on what it is….”
“Well this Friday is an important date for Nina and I was wondering if you can plan a, I know this sounds weird but, a photo shoot and romantic dinner at my house for Friday. I can’t because Nina would realize it. I’ll pay you back, but it can’t be set up until after she leaves that morning. Please?”
“Yeah. No problem, but what happened?”
“Something to do with her cousin. I can’t remember whether it was an anniversary or what but…”
“Ok. See you Friday.”
“Thanks.”
~
Lance realized that whatever Justin said was really getting to Chris. He had to ask him.
“Don’t worry about it, Lance. If he’s a man of his word you’ll know soon enough.”
~
Chris’s talk with Lance hadn’t calmed him down any. Justin had hit hard with this one. There’s no way he could back down. He did say ANYTHING. He felt like such an idiot. At least Nina would enjoy herself.
~
“Have you talked to Chris lately?” It had been about three days since the game last Saturday and JC was worried about what Justin was making him do.
“No, but this should be good though if he has a week.” Joey had to laugh. He had been on the receiving end before and Justin was very good at dares.
“I think I’ll give him a call.”
“Alright. Cast me off into the dark, cold, unforgiving world…” JC heard Joey laughing as he hung up. He wasn’t worried per say, more curious then anything. He nearly dropped his cell phone as it rang while he was trying to dial the number. “Hello?”
“Jace, it’s Chris. Gotta question. Can you do me a favor?”
“As soon as you tell me what Justin is making you do.”
“Can’t, his rules. Will you still help me?”
JC added a slight whine for effect, “I guess so. Whatcha need?”
“Nina’s cousin is coming in Friday and she needs something to wear. Nina doesn’t know so I can’t do it. She’s about my size and build, just a bit more… feminine. Something classy and floor length. She has shoes to match. Can you do it?”
“I can try. Will you pay me back?”
“Uh…duh. Thanks I’ll pick it up Friday. Oh and can you not tell anyone? It’s a surprise.”
“If I must. Bye.” JC was lost. How long had Nina had a cousin? Too late to ask now. The real question was where is he going to get this dress by Friday? He would manage.
~
Chris was apprehensive about Friday. He had no clue how he let Justin talk him into this but he had to do it now. He only hoped it wouldn’t go public.
~
Thursday was a long day. Chris needed to talk to someone about Friday but Justin said he couldn’t say anything about it to the guys. The guys. That was it; he didn’t say anything about the girls, except Nina, of course. He needed to make a phone call.
“Yell-low?
“Joey, it’s Chris. Is Kelley there?”
“She better be, hold on.” In the background Chris heard Joey call for her.
“Hello?”
“Kelley, Chris. Can you keep a secret?”
“Yeah, what’s up?”
“Come over my house tomorrow around two and bring any makeup you have.”
“O-k. But what’s up?”
“I have a surprise for Nina and figured I could trust you.”
“Oh, ok. Cool. Yeah, I’ll be there.”
“Thanks. Please don’t tell anyone.”
“No prob. Bye.”
As Chris hung up his phone he became anxious. He couldn’t believe it was going to happen. And he finally had someone he could tell. As he went to the kitchen his phone rang. It was Justin. ‘What the hell does he want?’
“Yessssss?”
“Chris, buddy, old pal. How’s everything coming along?” Justin asked the question so sweetly that Chris felt HIS teeth rot.
“I’ve got what I need and no one knows, yet.”
“Yet?”
“I asked Kelley over tomorrow. I have to tell her so she’ll help me.”
“But nobody else right?”
“Unless you count.”
“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Ok, we’ll all be at my house tomorrow night. Call and we’ll all come over. This is going to be great!” Justin cackled as he hung up his phone.
“Bastard.” Chris needed a beer now. Luckily the anxiety will all be over with tomorrow.
~
Nina woke Chris up as she left for work.
“I’ll see you at six tonight.”
“Alright, come right home though. I have something planned.”
“Really? What is it?”
“You’ll see. I think you’ll be thoroughly surprised.”
“Alright, Love ya.”
“I love you, too.” As soon as Nina left Chris began to pace. He was hoping everything would go off without a hitch.
~
JC arrived early with the outfit. It was a simple navy blue dress, floor length with flirt sleeves.
“I thought I said I would pick it up?”
“I know, but I couldn’t have a dress around the house with Nicole there, you know?”
“True, thanks.”
“Is she here?”
“Huh?”
“Nina’s cousin. Is she here?”
“Oh. No. She’ll be in later. You’ll get to meet her, don’t worry.”
“Alright. I better get going. See ya.”
“Bye.” With that JC left. ‘Not bad.’ Chris thought. ’Now I know why I asked him.’
~
Lance called Chris a half hour later and said that the crews would be there shortly. He apologized for not being there and said something that Chris barely noticed. This was actually better. Now he could prepare and still keep everyone clueless.
~
The crews were done around two. One of the dinner staff stayed behind to serve. Chris wasn’t worried about the service people saying anything. He took their names and photos, just in case. They were sworn to secrecy by the employers but he liked the added security.
~
Kelley arrived just as the crews were leaving. ‘Wow, this must be some surprise.’ At the site of Kelley Chris felt slightly ill. This was really happening. He told her to make herself comfortable and he would be right back. He called Justin.
“Yo, what’s up?”
“Do I have to shave?”
“Of course you do. Anything else?”
“You’re evil, but no.”
“See ya.”
“Yeah whatever.” Chris hung up the phone and trudged into the bathroom. He got a shower, shaved his face, and went back out to the living room to find Kelley absentmindedly clicking through channels.
“You ready?” Kelley’s head snapped back at the sound of his voice. She nearly broke her neck doing a double take.
“What the hell is going on?”
“This is part of the dare. Are you ready or not?” Chris wanted to hide but he had come so far and he might as well finish.
“Yeah, but how did he talk you into THIS?” Kelley was laughing as she stared at Chris in the dress JC dropped off earlier.
“Let’s just say I need to learn how to word my sentences differently.”
“So I’m here to do…your make up?
“I guess so.” They both began to laugh. Chris could just imagine how ridiculous he looked.
“Are those Nina’s shoes?”
“Yeah and they’re small as hell, too. Why couldn’t I be dating Bigfoot?” The rest of the preparation was just as light-hearted.
“Am I doing your hair, too?”
“Sure, why not?!?” I already look like a doof as is.” Kelley twisted and pinned Chris’s hair enjoying her afternoon. It was one she was never going to forget.
“You said this was part of the dare. What is the rest?”
“Well. I have to take photos, have a romantic dinner with Nina, and then everyone else is coming over. Of course, none of them know about this,” he motioned at his appearance. Kelley had to laugh. Chris had messed with Justin at the wrong time and it showed.
“It’s four-thirty, I should get going. I won’t tell anyone but man, you definitely learned a lesson with this one.”
“That’s for sure.”
~
Chris took his photos after pacifying the giggly photographer. He was seated at the dining room table when Nina came home.
“Chris, what in the world is going on?”
“I’m in the dining room. Before you come in, do you remember the night you had to work and I hung out with everyone?”
“Yeah…”
“Well, Justin got me on a few technicalities and… well…this is the result. Come in.” Nina rounded the corner and nearly fell over. She just stared at him with a loss for words.
“So are we supposed to have s…”
“No, no, NO!! Just dinner. They’ll be over later.”
“Oh, good. You know I won’t be able to keep a straight face, right?”
“If I were you I don’t think I would be able to either.” Their dinner went pretty well. They only had champagne come out of their noses once. So far Chris was ok, although he could feel some mental problems developing from this experience. He called Justin and told him to have them all come over.
~
Everyone clamored into vehicles but Kelley hung back as Justin locked the door.
“So did he do it?”
“Oh yeah and he looks insane.”
“Good. Let’s go have some fun.”
~
Nina answered the door and showed everyone into the living room.
“Everyone, I’d like you to meet my cousin.” Nina did her best impression of Vanna White as Chris rounded the corner. Chris curtsied for effect as faces went into disbelief. There Chris stood in full make up. Royal blue shadow, mascara, lipstick, foundation, blush, the works. Kelley had done a great job with his hair, too. The dress made him look a little disproportionate. Or maybe it was the stuffing job he did. He managed to look like this and stand in three inch black chunk heels. As each person began to calm down they all had to use a restroom. Chris and Nina were alone again.
“Do you think I’ll live this down?”
“The better question is, what do you think the other guys’ anything’s will be?”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki