Breaking Free by Sindi


Number of reviews: 8
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Jeniqua was sitting on the antique wooden high chair in the hallway which looked onto the front door reading one of her favourite school books, psychology flicking through pages she had read so many times.

Occasionally she would look at the grandfather clock and smile she could relax without her fathers constant watch over her. And if she was very daring she could play that Cd of hers her father didn't know about, or if she was ready to face ultimate punishment if caught and step outside and watch people go by. But these thoughts vanished as she thought of the extreme consequences.

She jumped dropping her book on the floor as her doorbell rung. She could see the shadow through the clear glass part of the door. Jeniqua looked to the kitchen and to the back door, which led to a small path way surrounded by trees then to the open garden.

It was clear and no other sign that someone else heard it, picking up the thick book and placing it down on the chair she rose and stepped to the door. Jeniqua checked behind her one more time a tiny smile forming on her lips as she noted the coast was clear, and opened the door.
‘Sorry to disturb you my car just wont start and this is the only house with there lights still on' Jeniqua studied the man he seemed to have been about her age but then again she didn't spend time with people her age. Well not yet anyway.

‘How would you like me to help?' Jeniqua replied sending him a warm smile.
‘Well do you think you could push with me if you can I'm sorry about this' he apologised rubbing his short hair with his hand looking back to his car then back at Jeniqua.

‘Sure that's fine by me' Justin smiled not only because he was thankful to get help but her southern accent reminded him so clearly of his mother who would be screwing that he wasn't home on time.

He stepped back glancing as she pulled on some thick boots then led the way out of the footpath to the car parked by the sidewalk doors opened.

‘I'm Justin'
‘I'm Jeniqua' she shook the hand offered to her by Justin, she turned back to analyse the car but Justin spoke up again.
‘I've never seen you around' he watched as her head lowered
‘I'm normally indoors you see, what shall I do?' she asked. Justin as still nodding replying to her answer then quickly added in
‘Start the car then I'll push' he walked to the back as Jen opened the door and got in she sat looked around but didn't actually have a clue about what she should do. After a few moments of nothing Justin came back round
‘Are you fine do you know what to do?'

‘No sorry. I've never started a car well not for many years now' she confessed thought not finding anything unusual about it unlike Justin. Though he covered up his surprisement.

‘Well it's just here and there' when the engine didn't start he added ‘well not there yet'. She smiled but then looked on ‘Are you in college?'
‘No I stay here' she replied with a wave of her small hand around them.
‘Oh you on holiday?' again Jeniqua shook her head
‘Cant say I've been on one'
‘Wow how can you stay in Tennessee and not want out'
‘I've lived with being in. Gracious the weather.' She added changing the conversation.
‘Have I seen you before though?'
‘Cant say you would have I haven't set foot in...'
‘In what, are you okay? You sound as if you've been locked up your entire life'
‘Don't be saying things that aint true now, I'm sorry I shouldn't be out here, in this weather' Justin notices her hair becoming slightly damp he removed his cap from his head and placed it on hers gently. They sit in the warm car after pushing it and starting up the engine.

Jen sits looking at the hard rainfall humming a soft tune, Justin immediately recognises it and sings the words.

‘That's you. You sing Justin on the Cd I have'
‘Yes I do' he nodded proudly
‘Well I'll be damned, you and whoever sound great'
‘Thank you'
‘Did you ever think of releasing songs?' that question threw Justin in a very confused state, questions like how does she not know about those songs raced through his mind.

‘Wow well yes we did and we did damn well' Justin screwed his face up he was talking like Jeniqua and his mother the accent rubbing onto him.
‘Well congratulations Justin, yo mama must be a very proud Mother'
‘Yes she is you don't know much about the Cd do you?'
‘No only that you sing on it' Justin nodded and there was more silence but not a disturbing one, silence that they both enjoyed especially Justin with the way his life is at right now.

‘Who is that?' Justin asked as he noticed someone turning on the porch light, looking round from Jeniqua's door,
‘My-‘
‘Mum' Justin interjected
‘No that's the Nanny' Jeniqua answered undoing her seatbelt ‘I have to go'
‘Maybe I could see you when I come by again' Justin hoped
‘Um I doubt it but I love the album'
‘That's years old I think I have the ones we did after' Justin lifted up the arm rest to produce his Cd's he gave her No strings Attached and Celebrity.
‘Thank you I really appreciate it'
‘My pleasure tell me what you think'
‘What are they called?' she asked scanning the Cd covers,' Oh are you guys Celebrities?'
‘Something like that watch your head' he answered leaning over to make sure she got out okay.

‘Jeniqua what were you doing?' Anita asked arms folded at the door as Jeniqua placed her hands behind her back and looked down to the ground.
‘That young man had broken down and asked for help'
‘I see, and you didn't think of notifying me Jeniqua'
‘Please can we just leave it I'm fine I'm not hurt or diseased'
‘Jen' Anita sighed
‘I'm sorry I have dreams of what I might be missing. I want to see the world, I want to travel and help people you have to understand. Couldn't you talk to papa?'
‘Jeniqua I would if I could' Anita tried to place her hand on the younger woman's shoulder but Jeniqua wriggled free from her touch.
‘It's fine I've asked for over 6 years I know it wont happen' Jeniqua said pushing past her.
‘Jen'
‘Goodnight!' Jen stormed her way to her side of the house. Anita took a few moments to get her breathing back to normal as she held it when Jen slammed the door.

She picked up the phone by the mirror in the hallway dialling the work number
‘Colin'
‘What the matter? Is everything fine?' he asked panic in his usual low voice.
‘Yes we're okay I just wanted to talk, if it's a good time'
‘I guess what is it?'
‘It Jeniqua, Colin she's an adult she needs to leave this house it's not healthy, if you would just let her go to the shops something-‘

‘It wont stop there she'll want to travel the world and leave me she cant. She wont.'
‘Colin please let her roam Tennessee for goodness sake'
‘Next will be America then Europe no I cant risk it'
‘Risk what you must be the only male that wont let her daughter out of the house Colin you need it some serious thinking this aint fair. You took away her teenage years don't take her adulthood' she ended the conversation at that and dragged her feet to her bedroom.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki