Destiny's Road by TonyaB


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Up Against the Wall * Destiny's Road- Chapter 4

Destiny’s Road
Chapter 4

The restaurant was quiet as the three women sat around the table catching up. With a light atmosphere, Tonya was beginning to feel better, even though she knew the inevitable was coming. Taking a long deep breath, she looked up, taking the initiative. "So, how have things been going with the guys?" Tonya knew she was opening a door she wouldn’t be able to close. But why not, she thought, its going to be brought up anyway.

Karen and Dani looked at her surprised; neither of them suspected she would be the one to bring up the subject. "Well, things are going great. They’re getting a little tired, but it is always that way at the end of the tour." Dani said as the waitress brought their salads.

"They’re getting ready to start the new album next month, too. So, they’re going a bit crazy trying to come up with ideas for it. I believe they have already decided on two songs Justin wrote for sure." Karen replied. Dani shot her a warning glance as she saw Tonya’s expression change at the mention of his name.

Here we go, Tonya thought as she began to nervously fold and unfold her napkin, leaving the grilled chicken salad alone. "That’s good. But they do need to take some more time off though. They always jump from one thing to another. I remember how tired they would be when they came home. J would sleep for a solid week it seemed like."

Even with Dani’s warning look, Karen made up her mind to press the issue. "Since you mentioned him, could you please tell us why."

"Why, what?" Tonya asked knowing good and well what she was talking about.

"Karen, maybe this isn’t a good time."

"No time is a good time, Dani. She’s miserable, he’s miserable. I think it is time to do something about it." Karen replied as Dani shook her head, knowing where she was coming from.

"The break up." Tonya said sadly pushing her plate away from her. By the way Karen said what she did, Tonya knew the thought she had earlier was true. There was more to this friendly visit than catching up. Feeling uneasy and unsure, she told them the whole truth anyway about why she left the man she loved.

"Why didn't you tell us, or at least him?" Dani asked sympathetically finishing her salad.

"Especially him." Karen added trying to read Tonya.

"I thought if I told him I would be placing him in a position to choose, even though that wouldn’t have been what I meant. I didn’t tell anyone else because I didn’t want him to know." Tonya said shifting in her chair that now felt like the hot seat.

After a few minutes of silence while they finished eating, Karen asked the question JC wanted her to ask. "Tonya, how would you feel about seeing him tonight?"

"I don’t know. I mean part of me wants to see J so bad it isn’t funny and the other part is scared."

"Look at it this way---we would be there for support if you need it. I know Chris and JC will be too." Dani told her noticing how uncertain she appeared.

"What if he doesn’t want to see me?"

"Believe me he does." Both women said at the same time, resulting in all three of them dying in laughter.

"Jinx!" They both hollered giggling as the people seated across from them gave them a strange glare. It didn’t bother any of them.

"Oh, my God; I haven’t laughed this hard in ages." Tonya said trying to compose herself.

"The three musketeers together again." Karen replied, finally still smiling. "What do you say? Meet us at the hotel tonight and go to the concert. Remember how good the VIP seats are?"

"Yeah, I do."

"So, go. It couldn’t hurt; you need to see him as much as he needs to see you. Yeah, you got a lot to work through, but things could work out if you would let it." Dani grinned knowing Tonya would give in and go.

"If I would let it. I have been telling myself that for months now, but never could get the courage." Tonya’s thoughts were running a thousand thoughts a minute, confusing her. But finally she gathered up her bravery and followed her heart. "What time?"

After Tonya left to go back to the hospital, Dani and Karen walked back to the rental car, unbelieving that things had gone so well. When they got inside, Dani reached into her purse and got her cell phone. Dialing it as fast as she could, she couldn’t wait to tell Chris the news. When he answered, all she had to say was, "Score." And he knew exactly what she meant.

Want to leave a review?

Your Name:

Your Email:

Your URL:


Your review:



Do you have any other comments or suggestions?




 








© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki