Destiny's Road by TonyaB


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Up Against the Wall * Destiny's Road- Ch 6

Destiny’s Road
Chapter 6

Tonya walked out of the ER, exhausted. Thoughts of calling Karen and Dani to cancel entered her mind, but she quickly rejected them. No, I have to go and see J. I have to let him know I still love him. I have to try to gain the forgiveness I need from him because this showed me that I couldn’t make it without him in my life, she thought, slowly heading to the time clock to check out.

Her boss, Katherine, ran to catch up with her. "I hate to ask you this, but can you stay back an extra hour or so?" She asked.

"Do I have to? I made plans for this evening." Tonya said, exasperated as she took the stethoscope from around her neck and placed it in the front pocket of her light blue scrubs.

"Only until Abbie shows up. With this weather, everyone is running behind. What time are your plans?"

"I’m going to a concert with a few friends of mine around seven."

"I’ll have you out of here by then if you’ll stay. We got word of a major traffic accident on the interstate just outside of city limits, and we’ll need all the hands we can get."

"How serious?" Tonya questioned as she shivered again and a bad feeling washed over her.

"It involved a tractor trailer and a bus of some sort. We haven’t got any specifics about it yet. All we know is that the victims are coming here. At least one of them are critical." Katherine answered; noticing the way Tonya was acting. "Are you all right?"

"I have just felt weird today . . . I keep feeling cold. Probably just coming down with the flu." She replied looking longingly at the time clock as she turned to walk back to the ER with her boss to set up for the first of the wounded to arrive.

About ten minutes later, Tonya heard the first wail of an ambulance approaching the hospital. As she began to go to the emergency entrance, she noticed the bulk of extra security personnel standing around. Walking up beside Beth, she leaned close enough so she could hear and asked, "What are they doing here?"

Beth looked at her wide-eyed. "Didn’t you hear?"

"No, hear what?" Tonya questioned getting nervous. With all the extra security, she started remembering all the times when she was with Justin. How security personnel were a necessity instead of a precaution. Then it hit her. The guys were on the interstate, heading to Chicago to do the concert. No, it can’t be them, her mind told her. They should have already done the sound check for tonight and should be resting in the hotel. Turning toward Beth, she asked again, losing her patience. "Beth, tell me what the hell is going on?"

"Sorry. But the bus that wrecked just wasn’t any ordinary bus. So happened, it was Nsync’s tour bus . . ." Beth answered her as she saw Tonya turn white as a ghost. "Tonya, what’s wrong?"

Tonya backed away from her shaking her head. "No, it wasn’t the guys tour bus . . . can’t be!"

"Tonya, you act like you know them or something. Are you a fan?" Beth asked, concerned for the woman she was becoming friends with.

"No, it wasn’t Nsync’s tour bus that wrecked. They’re at the hotel resting for the show tonight."

"Afraid so, Tonya. We got a call from the state police and some guy named Ronnie, their manager." Katherine said as the ambulance pulled up and the first trauma team went outside to help the paramedics. "Tonya, are you going to be all right? Dr. Wallace wants you to help him with the most critical one in room two."

"First off their manager is not Ronnie, but Johnny. And I guess you could call me a fan since I dated Justin Timberlake. The plans I had for tonight was to see him and try to salvage our relationship because I was a bitch and couldn’t take everything. Hell I am fine and dandy! Tell Wallace I’ll be ready when they arrive then. No, forget it, I’ll tell him." Tonya practically screamed, as it became a reality when she saw who was wheeled in on the first gurney . . . Lance Bass. She turned to walk over to trauma team five, which was the team that took the critical patients, but Katherine grabbed her arm. "Let me go so I can do my job. You hired me because you said I was a damn good trauma nurse. I know how to keep my cool . . . I can do this!"

"Tonya, go home. We can get someone else. If I had known . . ."

"Known what Katherine? That I dated Justin, damn, you’re the only ones that don’t know. Hell, I met the man in an ER when he sprained his ankle during a rehearsal. I can do this. You’re short staffed, and there isn’t anyone else . . . so I have to."

"Tonya, this isn’t no sprained ankle . . . he’s . . ."

"I know, Katherine, that Justin is hurt pretty bad, I can feel it. Please, let me do my job." Tonya told her boss convincingly, even though she felt as if she was falling apart. She knew in her heart that her J was the most critical, and she knew she had to pull it together. Somehow she had to get control, because she had to be there for him no matter what. Katherine slowly nodded her head in agreement and let her go.

Want to leave a review?

Your Name:

Your Email:

Your URL:


Your review:



Do you have any other comments or suggestions?




 








© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki