Run To Me by matthews baby


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


He watched her sweep her ebony hair behind her chocolate colored ear and place her hand flirtatiously on the thigh of another man. She covered a hand over her mouth to contain the giggle that had been evoked by her blonde gentlemen friend. His blood began to boil and his fists clenched as he fought to control his growing temper as his blue eyes watched the scene before him. How could she openly flirt with someone else when she knew exactly how much he cared for her?

 

He would never treat her as some possession so easily thrown away as this man she was, nonchalantly, throwing herself at. She was worth more to him then just a quick roll in the sack or a soft body to snuggle up to after a hard days work. She was beauty, life, love—his love; he was going to let her know.

 

Giving up his attempt to hide his frustration, he stalked over in her direction. “Nayla! What the hell are you doing?” He glared down at her with his fists still clenched tight.

 

Both sets of eyes glanced up at the blatant intrusion on their intimate moment. Nayla began to speak. “Oh, hey…” but she was cut off by the waving of his hand. He would not allow her say his name and ruin all of the courage and anger he’d built up inside of him.

 

“Save it.” He looked from her to her companion. “And you,” he pointed at the blonde with his index finger and made a gesture over his shoulder with his thumb. “Beat it.” He said with as much anger and force as he could muster. The blonde man took the hint and scurried away.

 

“What’s wrong with you? You can’t just come over here and…” She was again cut off but not by the waving of a hand. This time her lips were literally paralyzed by his and the tongue that begged for entry. When he finally released her from his hold, both of their breaths were ragged and lips thoroughly swollen.

 

“Justin…” Nayla spoke quietly.

 

“Nayla I…” he pulled her by the waist until there was practically no room left between them. She let her head fall on to his and continued to stare into his eyes.

 

“Justin?”

 

He closed his eyes savoring the feel of her presence so close to him. He had never felt so complete in his life and he never wanted it to be any other way between them.

 

“Yes Nayla?”

 

“Justin!” Her voice seemed a lot less calm and more agitated.

 

“God damn it Justin!” his eyes shot open and there she was, staring down at him with a furious look upon her face. Justin took a minute to survey is surroundings. He was slouched over the black leather couch of his very pissed off looking boss. He jumped up and stood in front of her, almost knocking himself off balance. “Nayla! I was…” He stammered running a hand through his short curls and pushing is wire rimmed glasses up the bridge of his nose.

 

Nayla Andrews placed her hands on her hips and rolled her eyes at her bumbling assistant of 2 years. “Yeah, I know what you were doing. How lazy can you be Justin? I had Jeff come in to get you so you could go fetch me coffee but he said you were mumbling in your sleep with a big ass grin on your face.” She raised a suspicious eyebrow at him and cocked her hip to one side.

 

Justin visibly blushed and hurriedly grabbed for his jacket. “Sorry, Nayla. I’ll go get your coffee right away.” He held his head down trying to avoid any kind of eye contact with her as he made his way out of her trailer.

 Oh. My. God! Could I have looked anymore stupid? I cast my eyes upwards hoping for an answer or maybe for God to strike me down.  

Justin Timberlake, by the way. Figured my story was worth listening to huh? Well, to tell you the truth, I’m a normal 25 year old man. Nothing too exceptional about me other than the fact that I work for one of the most high profiled actresses of the soap opera Different Worlds at the moment. 

Nayla Andrews is the bitchiest, narcissistic, egotistical, mean, most calculating woman I’ve ever met and I love her more then anything in this world.  

I started working for her about 2 years ago and the moment I laid eyes on the Nubian queen, I was hooked.  

“Nayla, I want you to come meet your new assistant!” Jeff Collins called up the stairs of his summer compound. He played with the strands of gray hair at the base of his dark colored neck and slid his thumb and forefinger over the mustache that was beginning to turn the same shade. He knew Nayla wouldn’t be happy to be interrupted from her afternoon script rehearsing.  

Jeff turned and inspected the lanky kid who’d walked into his office the day before asking about the assistant position. He’d been livid that someone was willing to take up the responsibility of Nayla’s crazy work schedule but couldn’t make it seem that Justin had been the first and only job seeker he’d seen in a week since he’d put out the ad.  

“Jeff, you know not to disturb me during my run throughs. I can’t concentrate with your incessant blabbing.” Nayla poked her head out from over the banister and caught a quick glimpse of her ‘supposed’ new assistant. His hair was short and curly and a blinding unnatural bleach blonde. He was too skinny in her opinion and wore horrible thick glasses. His clothes were in better condition then Jeff’s and that wasn’t saying much for either party.  

Jeff smiled tenderly at his step daughter and shook his head. “Nay, come downstairs for a second. I want you to meet someone.” His smile grew even more when he heard her huff and disappear upstairs once more. 

“If this is another trick to get me downstairs to judge the condition of your pants, I’ll tell you right now that they need to be put out to pasture along with the rest of your wardrobe.” She stopped in front of her step father with a slightly annoyed expression on her face. 

The older man chuckled. “No, I want you to meet Justin Timberlake, your new assistant.” Jeff moved aside to let the two make eye contact. Nayla’s expression never changed as she stood in her spot and looked the Justin guy over more thoroughly. His smile was okay; genuine. She could tell. She pin pointed the moment when it registered on his face who he was working for. This brought a small smug smile to her face. “Hi.” She finally said and reached out her hand to shake his and, hopefully, intimidate him more. 

Justin’s jaw nearly dropped from his skull. Nothing about his expression had to with recognition as she had previously thought and everything to do with how beautiful she was. His voice was gone, his throat went dry and jaw remained slack as he took her hand in his. Her dark brown almond shaped eyes held an intensity he’d never seen in a person of 22. Her hair was pulled back into a high pony tail leaving her face bare. Her chocolate colored skin looked good enough to eat, but he’d never admit that to her. In that instant Justin fell in love.  

Nayla pulled her hand away becoming annoyed and almost picked apart by Justin’s intense stare. “I’m going to go finish my rehearsing. Don’t bug me unless it’s life or death Jeff.” She commented half jokingly and made her way back up the stairs with Justin’s eyes following. 

“A rose isn’t she my boy?” Jeff slapped Justin on the back, knocking him from his proverbial day dream. All he could do was nod at the older man still watching where Nayla had retreated. 

“Watch out though, she has thorns like no other.” 

Boy did I ever find out about those thorns. 

So now here I am fetching coffee for Nayla Andrews, love of my pathetic life.  

I jumped out of Jeff’s Ranger Rover and ran into the local Starbucks. I smiled at the brunette behind the counter before ordering Nayla’s favorite drink, a tall mocha latte. I knew all of her favorite things because, beside it being my job to know, I’m genuinely interested in what she likes. Unlike her douche bag boyfriend, Axel Greene. 

Yeah, Axel. What kind of a name is Axel right? I’m asking myself still to this day if his parents were on cocaine, weed or a combo of both. They were definitely Guns & Roses fans no doubt.  

Axel was tall, blonde, blue eyed and built. All the things a pretty boy musician should be. Every girl wanted him and every guy wanted to be him. His only downfalls are the fact that he’s dumb as a sack of rocks and he has an ego as big as the universe itself.

I smiled once more at the brunette and made my way back to the Rover but not before my hip vibrated, catching me off guard so I lost hold of the coffee in my hand.  

“Shit no!” Justin yelled and grabbed for the vibrating device with anger. “Hello?”

 

“How unprofessional can you be Justin? What if I was some important producer or director calling for a job for me?” All of the anger rushed from his body and he suddenly felt a sense of calm at the sound of her voice. The butterflies in his stomach began to flutter as he listened to her rant at him. God, he loved her.

 

“On my cell phone?” He smiled when he heard her make an irritated noise.

 

“Oh never mind. Did you get my coffee?”

 

He looked down at the river of mocha latte at his feet. “Yep, just give me a few minutes and I’ll be back.”

 

“Well hurry up. I go back in for another scene in 15 minutes and then Axel is coming by.” He frowned at the name and the giddy voice she used.

 “Hey Jacob, could you get me a glass of lemonade man?” Axel Greene gestured absently at Justin as he continued to be absorbed in his own Making The Video episode.  

Justin rolled his eyes and was half tempted to replace the lemonade with some good ole’ Justin juice. 

“Justin! Are you listening to me?” I heard Nayla screeching in my ear. I nodded and gave an absent ‘mmhmm’ 

“Just hurry back okay?” And then the line went dead. I sighed and stared up at the sky for the second time that day. “I could use that strike down right about now.”   

****** 

 

“You knew that baby wasn’t mine from the beginning didn’t you?” The tall statuesque man with amber eyes and dark skin stepped up to Nayla. Her lack of an answer angered him to the point where he grabbed her shoulders and shook. “Tell me Gisele!”

 

She looked at him with tears in her eyes and paused for what seemed like an eternity. “Cut! That was great guys. Let’s wrap for the day. Great job everyone!” The director clapped his hands and smiled.

 

“Jesus Damian, did you have to shake me so hard? I think I felt my brain rattle! And there is definitely gonna be a bruise.” Nayla rubbed the sore spot at her shoulders and poked her friend and co-star.

 

Damian Taylor smiled charmingly and shrugged. “My bad girl, just trying to make it look believable.” He looked over Nayla’s shoulder and spotted Justin approaching. His smile widened as he gave a masculine nod his way.

 

Nayla noticed Damian’s attention else where and turned. “Justin! Where have you been? I wanted my coffee like a million years ago and you’re just now getting back?” She snatched the cup of coffee from him and began to drink.

 

“Sorry.” He whispered at her back as she retreated to find her make-up artist to cover up the bruise she was sure would form on her shoulder. “Hey man.” Justin turned his attention to Damian and shook the man’s hand.

 

“What’s up dude? Queen Sheba running you ragged as usual?” He laughed and lightly punched Justin’s shoulder.

 

Justin chuckled at the nickname he’d given Nayla and shrugged. “All in a days work.”

 Damian is one of the coolest guys I know. He’s not jaded like a lot of the guys on the show. He’s laid back and down to earth, like me; probably why we get along so well.  

I have to admit though, the first time I met Damian I hated his guts and not because of anything he did or his model looks but because his job entailed kissing to the woman I love. 

Jeff led Justin onto the set where they were taping Different Worlds. “Hey Justin, I want you to meet Damian Taylor. Damian this is Justin Timberlake, Nayla’s new assistant.” A tall dark skinned man with a hint of a goatee on his face stepped up with his hand extended and a smile gracing his handsome face. 

“Oh so you’re the one watching over Queen Sheba. Nice to meet you man.” Justin gave a slight nod and squeezed Damian’s hand harder then necessary to let him know he didn’t appreciate the name he’d called Nayla.  

“Like wise.”

Damian turned in the direction of someone calling his name then turned back to two men. “Excuse me guys, I have to get back. Nice meeting you Justin. See ya Jeff.” He waved and ran in the opposite direction. 

It wasn’t until later that I found out Damian was married with his third kid on the way. Now he’s about to be a dad four times over. It’s still hard to believe that we’re the same age and he’s a husband and father. His wife Gina is hot! Even for 7 months pregnant. But don’t tell Damian I said that or I’ll never have the chance for kids of my own. 

“Yo, Justin. You okay man? You kind of zoned out there.” Damian sat watching Justin with an inquisitive yet suggestive grin gracing his face. Justin rolled his eyes because he knew what his friend thought was going through his mind.

 

“Don’t start Dee. I’m not in the mood for this right now.”

 

“What’d I do?” He chuckled, feigning ignorance.

 

“I know what you think I’m thinking, I know what you’re going to say and I know that if you say it, I’m gonna wild out and punch you.”

 

This had Damian laughing out loud. “For someone who knows a lot, you sure don’t know how to go about handling business. Which, my friend, is why I’m in your life.” He nudged Justin with his shoulder.

 

Just as he was about to rebut his friends comment they heard a high pitched squeal and turned.

 

“Baby boo! Hey, I missed you. Did you miss me?” Nayla had launched herself on a tall man with messy blonde, shoulder length hair.

 Speak of the douche bag. 

It made my stomach churn every time I watched Nayla hang all over the blonde boy wonder. What does he have that I don’t have? I mean, besides a fan base that consists of over a million people or a Mercedes or great looks? Cut those unimportant details out and we’re basically the same guy…basically. 

I watched them walk over. I wanted to rip his throat out the way he had his arm thrown possessively around her neck. He practically had her in a head lock. He kissed the side of her head sloppily while dragging her our way. 

“Hey Damian, what’s up man? How’s that girl of yours, about to pop right?” Axel asked while smacking his gum loudly and repositioning his arm from Nayla’s neck to her waist.

 

Damian lifted an eyebrow almost disgustedly. “Uh, yeah. Gonna have the baby in another 2 months.” Axel nodded as if he really cared.

 

“How’s it hangin’ Jacob?” Justin made a face, willing himself not to roll his eyes. It’d been almost a year and he was still correcting him.

 

“Justin. And it’s hanging pretty okay.”

 

“Cool, cool.” Axel gave his attention to his girlfriend. “Baby, could you go get me something to drink? And where’s the bathroom?” He unattached himself from Nayla and walked away without another word.

 

They watched Nayla scurry away and turned back to each other.

 

“Fuckin’ hate that guy.” Justin commented first.

 

Damian nodded in agreement. “True that. When’s she going drop the asshole and see what’s right in front of her?”


Justin sighed and asked himself the same question.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki