Spillage by SexyHM3


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
So, this is my second fic...I love feedback to so please send some my way! Thanks! Love ya guys!
 

I have the perfect life. Okay maybe not perfect, but you know what? It’s pretty damn close. I’m 26 years old. I have a great career and a beautiful 2 year old daughter. The one thing keeping me from perfect is the husband part. Trust me it’s not for a lack of trying.


I met Jason when I was 19. I was living in Oceanside, California working at Hooters. Hey, it was good money and I had to get through college. For those of you that don’t know, Oceanside is where Camp Pendleton is. Camp Pen is one of the largest Marine Corps bases. Oceanside is like Marine central, it’s literally crawling with Marines.


Anyway, it was the normal busy Friday night at Hooters. A group of 5 guys walked in and were seated in my section. I took one look at Jason and I was hooked. We ended up trading numbers and 3 years later I found myself marrying Jason. I was 22, married to the love of my life and a college graduate…what more could I want?


Two years later, on Friday, February 13 2004 I found out I was pregnant. I told Jason the next day and 2 weeks later I found myself alone. Jason had left for his first tour in Iraq. He got home October 8th. A week later, on October 16th, our son, Aiden, was born. Jason and Aiden instantly bonded. Jason went on and on about all the things they were going to do. Jason and had great ambitions for his son.


The following July, Jason left again for his second tour in Iraq. After this tour he was going to get out and we were going to move to Colorado, where we both were from. He left July 15 promising to call and write as much as he could. He was really upset because he’d be missing Aiden’s first birthday and all major holidays until late February. He actually landed in Iraq 2 weeks later. He was in Fallujah…one of the hot spots. August 5th I got a phone call from him. He was chipper but said that it would be awhile before I heard from him because they were going on a mission but he would call me just as soon as they got back. He told me he loved me and that I was always on his mind.


On August 12, 2005 I got a knock on my door. Not even bothering to look to see who it was I opened the door to find a Chaplain and Gunnery Sgt John Mason. Gunny Mason and Jason were good friends, but he was held back from this deployment because of injuries sustained last deployment. The minute I saw them I knew why they were there.


Mrs. Wells? May we come in?” The Chaplain asked. I said nothing. I only opened the door wider. They stepped in and I shut the door.


Can I get you something to drink?” I asked. The both declined.


Izzy, why don’t you sit down?” Gunny, well, John, asked. I did as I was told. He came and sat next to me and grabbed my right hand. “Izzy, there was an accident. Jason was in a convoy and his 7 ton got hit by an IED. He sustained severe burns and shrapnel wounds to his legs and his chest-“


Chest? Wasn’t he wearing his flak?” I asked referring to the vest they wore to protect against such injuries.


He didn’t have the sappi plates in. Honey, I’m so sorry, but Doc Rodriguez worked on him and did everything he could.” John said tearing up a little.


Are you sure? I mean, he couldn’t just be gone? Please tell me he’s just hurt…” I started crying. I leaned into John and cried and cried.


Ma’am, is there anything you’d like for us to do?” The Chaplain asked.


No, thank you. I can handle this.” I said.


I think that was the only time I cried in the following year. I was numb to the world. But I also had to realize that I couldn’t stay numb forever. After about 2 months I moved to Colorado to be with my family. I lived there for about 18 months, but then my job transferred me back to California.


I can’t say I mind. I love LA. It’s a diverse city rolling with opportunity.


I work for a PR company. We mostly represent companies and most of the entertainment offices here on the west coast and Las Vegas. I have a few high profile clients as well as many lower profile clients.


I had just dropped Aiden off at daycare and was standing in line at Starbucks. I grabbed my caramel macchiato, turned around and ran straight into a tall, hard something. I looked up from my palm pilot to see a scruffy face and beanie while cursing under my breath. Hot coffee is not a comfortable feeling.


I am so sorry, I wasn’t watching where I was going-“


It’s okay, it was my fault. I wasn’t paying any attention.” I answered. “I don’t think I’m burned, so no damage done.”


Well, your blouse is now stained. Let me get you a new one! There’s a store right down the street, we could-“


No no, it’s okay!” I smiled with a slight chuckle. “I have an extra shirt in my car. But thank you.”


Are you sure there’s nothing I can do? I feel horrible.” This guy really did look sympathetic.


I’m positive.” I smiled graciously. “Now if you had been a jerk about it, I’d take you up on the offer.” We laughed.


I’m Justin.” He said putting his hand out.


I know.” I smiled shaking his hand. C’mon now, he may be a little scruffy lookin, but who could mistake Justin Timberlake? “I’m Izzy.” I dropped my hand back to my side. The barista had made me a new drink and I grabbed it.


Can I help you with anything? I mean I really feel bad about all this.” Justin said.


Justin its fine. Everything’s okay. I’m a mom and I’m always getting spilt on. It’s really no biggie.” I smiled and started walking away.


Izzy, please let me get you a new shirt.” He said. I turned around and took a couple steps to him. I reached into my purse and pulled out my card.


Here, this is where I work. Send my shirt there and we’ll call it even.” I smirked and handed him my card.


Will do.” Justin stated. He looked at the card. “Have a nice day Ms. Wells.”


Thanks, you too Justin.” I smiled and walked to my car. I hurriedly changed my shirt and put on some perfume to cover the coffee smell and made my way to work.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki