Dream Catcher by Sindi


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Please leave reviews, hopefully i'll add the three stories I started a while back.
‘Well done Justin that was the best show yet' numerous people shouted patting my back giving me thumbs up.
‘Thanks guys I appreciate it' I smiled chuckling slightly blushing.
‘No problem we'll leave you to rest'. The coordinator guy nodded to the people in my dressing room to leave. I slumped on the bed. My thoughts went over my performance analysing every thing I did: my body language, my steps, how I moved, if I was smiling enough. Ricki... I mean all the dancers were great but Ricki... the support I got dancing solo though Rick... Dammit Justin stop thinking about her.

Let me tell you about Ricki she joined back when Nsync did Celebrity. She did her thing then accepted my invitation to come for Future Sex Love Sounds. She is the only person I made sure joined me on tour. Ricki is a friend, not a close friend, but on some occasions we do get close but always stop the contact it's just how our jobs keep us.

We first met when Wade was auditioning new dancers. I hadn't got the notice that there wasn't rehearsal so I turned up. Early. She was there stuck outside waiting to get into the dance studios. Boy was she stubborn, she wanted to wait in the cold for the next person to come and not let me have the satisfaction that I helped her.

Well she didn't say it in so many words but the way her eyes looked at me and her eyebrows perked up now and then told me a story. She let her big ass EGO go and let me guide her to where she had to go in the end.

Just me and her, but I was the nicer one willing to make conversation with her to see why she was here.

She got defensive wandered why I didn't know about the audition for my own tour and that I wasn't even going to see the dancer. Then I told her as matter of fact that since there was auditions I wasn't even meant to be here so she should count herself lucky she gets to meet who she MIGHT be working with for the next tour.

That shut her up. It was either me answering back or the realisation if she did do well she would be around me a lot more.

I sat on the couch as she took her jacket off and I guess practised her moves or stretched you can never tell the difference. I couldn't help watching her there wasn't anything more interesting then see what crazy hopeful Wade had found, it could be a cousin that he always recommends or someone who paid him either way there is one wacko who gets through.

The dance moves she practised seemed very familiar to me so I enjoyed more seeing things I had already done. I heard her sigh then take out a camcorder watching something. She looked at it intently and I instantly got drawn into the seriousness in her dark eyes. She softly bit her lip whilst she watched which was hella sexy.

She looked up at me and I had nothing to distract myself with so I just stared back at her. She looked back at the cam.

She placed the camcorder down and practised more

‘Hey do you want any help? The moves seem familiar and I think I could help' she gave me a are you crazy look. Which I couldn't think of why she would do that.
‘Get more points ya know' I hinted
‘I don't want to cheat'
‘It's help last minute help' her shoulders dropped and she waved for me to come over. I jumped up asking her to show me what she had to learn.

Typical of Wade to give them some shit that they would never pull off if they didn't see it in front of them.

‘What's on the tape?' I asked her wandering what she was looking at.
‘Some concert of you guys doing the moves'
‘Smart'
‘Don't miss a chance' she replied I was taken back by her quick comment then shrugged it off to give her any help I could.


‘Justin man is that you at this time'
‘Wade man your funny. I never get told when I have a day off'
‘Cause you take days off when you feel like it I see you've met Ricki'
‘Well she has a name' she threw me an evil glance as Wade opened the glass doors to the main studio.

‘I thought why not a member of Nsync be on the judging panel since I'll be with the dancer nearly 24/7' I looked over purposely at Ricki to see a look of horror spread on her face and chuckled to myself.

All the females arrived and I must say Wade did well these were all serious dancers. Ricki stood out though I honestly have to say back then she was very down to earth compared to the rest.

I think that's what kept me thinking about her. So anyway auditions it was pretty simple to choose who had the best ability blah blah blah. Ricki and Michelle we only needed two.

Decisions were made on the day and left up on a notice and me and Wade steered clear in case we had any unprofessionals who would look out for us and ask us questions about our final decision.

Ricki was last to leave and hadn't looked at the notice so I hid, sly like I am and watched hoping to see a bubble of excitement when she saw the results. She looked, nodded and left.

Usually I wouldn't care but maybe there was something about this she didn't even care some of the others would've danced, cried, tried to sing, called up family, come to look for me for a hug but she was out of the door with a mere nod.

Slightly pissed that this didn't mean anything important to her I stormed out looking for her.

‘Did you see the result?'
‘Yes what do you want, a dance a hug a cry'
‘Yeah either one I'll be happy, shows that your happy'
‘I am'
‘Well show it'
‘You telling me what to do?' she asked pointing to herself suddenly getting angry.
‘Yes. No I didn't mean to'
‘That's what I thought'
‘Does it even mean anything to you?'

‘It does but I'm not here to show you how much'
‘It would be nice to see a smile'
‘It would be great to see you leave me alone' she turned her back on me.

‘We're going to work great we are' I turned on my heel to my car just as I got in I heard a loud clap of thunder and the hard rain had started to fall I turned the engine on and began pulling out when I noticed Ricki underneath a shelter Oh how I wanted to drive off.


‘Do you need a ride?'
‘What do you want a smile?'
‘It's not about what I want Ricki it's about what you need and if the audition and getting through did mean something you wouldn't want to jeopardise your health' I opened the door for her and she picked up her duffle bag and got in.

‘Where are you staying' I asked her heading on to the highway
‘Renaissance Hotel'
‘Nice how come your staying in a hotel?' She looked at me again these looks were easy to read this time she was giving me a are you actually trying to make conversation with me crazy white boy?

‘I don't live in this state but I'm hopefully going to find an apartment'
‘How you going to get around' this time she didn't bother looking at me.
‘I'm hiring one do you nose around in all your employees lives'
‘I wouldn't call you an employee but work colleague and yes I do you'll hear all about me sooner or later' my phone beeped and I placed it on speaker.

‘Talk to me'
‘Justin where you been we've been trying to holla at you all day man'
‘Something must've slipped everyone's mind and not tell the youngest of the group that we all had a day off'
‘You didn't get the message?'
‘Hell nah I didn't so I've been slaving all day so guess what?'
‘You got a dog' Chris guessed stupidly
‘No'
‘You gonna stay up all night singing'
‘No I'm having a day off tomorrow and that's that'
‘Timberlake your cute'

‘Christopher I like you too'
‘Well how was it?'
‘It was aite wanna chat to one of them' I got another look like I'ma pop your head in a minute.

‘What's her name?'
‘Ricki'
‘Whaddup Ricki'
‘Hey' she whispered inaudibly
‘Justin is she there is that you mumbling you jack-‘
‘HEY I'm right here'
‘Hey Ricki were you scared?' Chris cooed
‘Nervous'
‘Aww, cute like Timberlake ya'll for sure will get on' simultaneously we burst out laughing.

‘I don't get it. Did I say something funny? Did I crack a joke and didn't mean to somebody please tell me'

‘Bye Chris'
‘Chao darling'

I drove up to the front entrance and Ricki jumped out saying thanks

‘Where you going I'm going to make sure you get in' she furrowed her eyebrows but I was already turning the ignition off and jumping out.

‘Hi I booked a room'
‘Name please?'
‘Ricki Dart'
‘I'm sorry we don't have any bookings under that name'
‘There must be a mistake I booked two days prior'
‘I'm sorry ma'am but we don't have a booking under that name.
We can offer you other availabilities?'

‘Thank you'
‘Park Suite'
‘Do I look like I want a suite fitted for more than 20 people?'
‘I'll check for something else. Unfortunately we don't seem to have anything else available'

‘Forget it' I watched her storm pass me.
‘Where you going?'
‘I'm not staying here'
‘I can get a room for you'
‘How?'
‘Jive, my name, Nsycn we got-‘
‘Save it I'll find somewhere else' you know when I egt one of those crazy ideas they seem that they will work that's what I had.
‘I know a place'
‘Where?'
‘My crib'
‘Your what?!'
‘My house I have plenty of space, free, close by and you can get free lifts'
‘I'm hiring a car'
‘Oh yeah, I don't bite it'll be great we can really get to know each other' she gave me a are you serious look

‘I need a drink' she disappeared finding a bar


Hour later she was tipsy but still wouldn't have a full blown conversation with me.
‘Well you won't even have to look for that apartment'
‘Alright wise crack I'm looking for that apartment' she reminded me
‘Fine so in the meantime you can hang with me yeah Ricki?' I said to her nodding my head she slumped nodding her head and I hauled her up driving her to my house.

I looked more at her eyes and they seemed very bright dancing and shining. When she was drinking she said the most funniest things. I don't really believe she hates me as much as she plays.

I think living with me gave her headache at times but she really did enjoy herself we even became friends, eat in. go out, clubbing we totally got off on the wrong foot.

When touring came we were on the same tour bus I had an even better time. We are like the same people highly stubborn really want to succeed have the best sense of humour both cute work well together. Don't take crap she lets herself down though which takes an even longer time for me.

Ricki she is true diamond tonight was incredible we just worked ourselves out we worked it and ever since we started meeting up again these feelings for her have just spiralled.

This album is sexier and so are the moves but she worked it in such a special way I'm starting to turn my head a different way and seeing a different side to her. Someone cleared their throat I sat up to see who was disturbing me.

‘Jay' she called opening my door slightly
‘Ricki'
‘You okay?'
‘I'm fine you?'
‘Not so good'
‘Why?'
‘Something happened on stage' she whispered
‘What did, did something mess up'
‘Not like that I'm talking about you and me'
‘Yeah I feel like something different happened Rice' I sat up properly looking into her to show her I was serious not wasting any more time and let awkwardness make the situation worse I leaned in halfway and she reached up for the rest and locked my lips with hers we paused our lips still touching and opened our eyes.

The intensity she gave us drove me up the wall and I placed my hand behind her head and pushed the kiss further.

Neither one of us was ready to break the kiss but the lack of oxygen broke us apart.

We laughed gently still not keeping our eyes off eachother she nudged me winking and I nudged her back which then made her push me.

‘Justin are you listening to me'
‘I am Ricki I'm sorry. Really sorry, I wish in the dressing room things turned out better honestly I do I didn't want you to walk out upset it was a nervous laugh truly it was Rice. Because of us not talking I've been a right ass and I wish I wasn't. I regret all the stuff I said last night your not leading me on I just stuck to you'

‘What are you talking about what did you just say Justin?'
‘I don't know I babbled' I gave her a huge smile to try brighten my awkwardness.
‘Jay I can't think when you smile'
‘Do you want to know what I wish happened. I keep dreaming about it'
‘Dreams don't usually come true'
‘Well do you want to change that?' she nodded. I cut her nodding short when I wrapped my arms round her waist and hung my head low for her to reach up for a kiss.

‘Justin I've dreamt this too'
‘Rice Cake I've had other dreams ya know'
‘You carry on talking and you'll still be trying to catch this dream' she answered pointing to herself with her eyebrows arched.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki