Between You & Me by surrahw


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Chapter One

I never wanted to be famous. It wasn’t part of my life plan or anything. But, still, here I sat, on the plan that kept running into turbulence, on my way to Los Angeles.

When Justin called me, he asked if I remembered him. Of course I remembered him. He’s fucking Justin Timberlake. Apparently, he remembered seeing me at a talent show at my school. I still don’t know why he was at the talent show, or how he thought that me, out of all of those wonderfully talented people at the show, was worth taking north of.

That’s what has surprised me the most the past couple of weeks, while I’ve been in this hasty whirlwind. I don’t think I’m particularly special, but if Justin fucking Timberlake tells me that I have something, then I must have something.

It was so random. I came home from school on my last day of school and the phone was ringing. So, I picked it up, naturally. “Hello” I sighed into the phone, not really wanting to spend any more time in my house than necessary. I had about three graduation parties to go to and I needed to get ready for them. Away from my parents, preferably.

“Hi, may I speak to Lea Sayre?”

That’s me. “Speaking.”

“Oh, hi.” He sounded excited, like he hadn’t actually expected to find me. “This is Justin Timberlake.”

And then, I hung up on him. But he called back, persistently.

Now, I’m on that turbulence-ridden plane of my way to Los Angeles, and I’m not expecting a single thing out of it.

“Ladies and gentlemen, due to the extreme turbulence, we will be landing early in Las Vegas.”

I slammed my head against the back of the seat. Sure. Why not prolong the inevitable?

********

She had something that I hadn’t seen in many others for a long time. But now, her plane was late and my patience was wearing quite thing. “How much longer did you say?”

Mike looked over at me with a look that could kill. “Justin, her plane was grounded in Las Vegas. She’s not going to be here for awhile.”

I sighed, blowing at a breath at the same time and crossing my arms over my chest, pouting. “Well, isn’t there something that you can do to make this go faster?” I knew that I was acting like a petulant child, but I didn’t care.

When Chris dragged me to his little sister’s talent show, I was not that into it. But then Lea had come onto the stage and Chris had given me a knowing look. She was magnificent looking in her white flowing dress. Her eyes were crystal blue and her blonde hair was in tight ringlets. She looked like a young Hollywood superstar from the twenties. And then she belted out a gorgeous ballad by Ella Fitzgerald.

There were tears in her eyes as she sang, and she put so much emotion into the piece that I felt the need to hug her when it was over.

I knew that she had to be famous. But then, she hung up on me. “J?”

Mike poked my arms and I looked over at him. “What’s that?”

“I said that we could just drive your car to Vegas.”

Immediately, I stood up. “Let’s go, then.”

********

“Lea Sayre, please report to the nearest courtesy phone. Lea Sayre to the nearest courtesy phone.” I groaned and moved off of the uncomfortable airport chair towards the white phone sitting in the awkward sized phone booth.

I sighed into the phone as I said, “Hello?”

“LEA! It’s Justin. Don’t get on a plane. Mike and I are coming to pick you up and then we’re staying on there for the night. Go shopping, I’ll get the bill.”

Seriously? “Um, Justin?”

He laughed. “Just go shopping. Get something sexy. We’re going clubbing, we’re going clubbing,” He sang the last part. It was a little annoying.

“I’m not 18.”

“Sweetie, you have to be 21 to party in this town. But no trouble, I’ll just sneak you in. Seriously.”

Mike said something in the background and Justin started cackling. “Shut up, Mike.” He put the phone down for a minute and I sighed, looking around me as I waited. I could see the strip from where I was standing a huge smile came onto my lips. If this outfit was on Justin, then I was going to go all out.

After convincing him that I would get on the flight to California and giving him my cell phone number, I sprinted out of the airport to the most beautiful place on earth.

I had no problem taking advantage of the fact that Justin wanted me to spend a lot of money and I started not having a problem with that at the Coach store.

********

“Holy fuck.” I sat up in my seat as I saw Lea coming towards us, the wind blowing through her hair.

“Hey, J?” Mike started. “I think she got stuff for me than just tonight.”

Lea popped open the back door and grinned at me as she slid in beside me. “I hope you don’t mind. I had to get some underwear and stuff because of the whole my clothes are going to Los Angeles right now thing. You know.”

I nodded. “Of course.” Then I bit my lip. “Is that a Cavalli bag?”

She giggled. “He had the cutest little tops.”

“As in plural?”

Suddenly, her face changed. “Oh, my God, are you totally mad at me?”

I firmly shook my head. “No, no. did you pay for all of this with your credit card?”

“You had accounts at a couple of places, so I used those.” She leaned forward. “Can I ask why you have an account at Victoria’s Secret?”

Clearing my throat, I said. “You know, Cameron.”

Mike chuckled in the front seat. “Whatever, JT, you know you dress up in women’s underwear.”

Lea gave me an amused look, but I shook my head. “Don’t listen to him. He makes up lies because he wants to be me.”

He smirked. “That’s what you think.”

By the time we reached the hotel, I was sufficiently tired of being made fun of by Lea and Mike. The sight of the grand hotel in front of us helped. “Holy shit, is that where we’re staying?”

Now I was amused. “Yeah, I rented the Real World Suite.”

And Lea gave me this look, a look that I knew could only mean one thing. Sure enough, she launched herself onto me. “You’re my favorite!”

********

All right, truth? I’m a little drunk. When we reached the suite, Justin ordered a bottle of champagne to celebrate the possibly beginning of a superstar career.


I had four glasses. He had one. “Are you drunk, Lea?” Justin asked, laughing at me as I stumbled towards my room.

“Nooo,” I giggled. I closed the door to my room and collapsed onto the huge bed.

Justin opened the door and burst through it. “You’re still going to come out tonight, right?”

I nodded slowly, “Yeah. Just let me take a little nap.” I closed my eyes.

He pulled up my body. “We have to go now, okay? It’s like, nine. We have to start getting ready.”

I blew out a breath. “Fine. Leave so I can change.”

As soon as Justin left the room, I changed into my pink silky camisole from Roberto Cavalli and the short denim skirt from Guess. I only mention the designers because I’m proud.

After I had the clothes on a straightened, then curled my hair, I fell onto the bed.

Nobody in Vegas went out until late, right?

********

We got into Rain no problem, but as soon as we did, guys flocked us. “Who is this lovely, JT?”

It was Kevin Federline. “This is not your wife, so why don’t you go back to wherever you came from.”

“So Britney’s not here. So what? I don’t see Cameron anywhere either.” Kevin looked Lea up and down and then licked his lips.

Lea looked uncomfortable. “Justin, can we go dance?” she asked. Her eyes lit up as her favorite song started playing.

I pulled her onto the dance floor and watched as Kevin stared after us. “Lea, do me a favor?”

“Sure. What?”

Pointing in Kevin’s direction, I said, “Never get involved with guys like that”

She saluted me. “Ay-ay, Captain.”

We began dancing, her leg between mine as we grinded to “Promiscuous” and I felt something inside of me snap. And I think Lea felt it snap, too because she moved away with her hand over her mouth. “Holy shit, Justin, what the hell is that?” I looked down and realized I had a hard-on.

“Uh, I’ll be right back.”

She chuckled. “Okay, good luck.”

********

I’ve never had that affect on anyone before. But I guess that I have now. When Justin went off, sprinting in the direction of the bathroom, I found a table and sat down. “Well, hey there sweet thang.” It was Kevin Federline again. What a loser.

“What?”

“I bought you a drink.”

I gave him an incredulous look. “I’m not 21.”

Kevin laughed. “Yeah, I know that’s why I got it for you. It’s an apple-tini.”

I’ve always wanted an apple-tini. I took the drink and got up to move away from Kevin. He creeped me out like no other.

Four big gulps later, I finished the drink and put my hand over my stomach. I felt funny.

Before I knew it, the glass had dropped to the floor, shattering around me as I fainted to the floor.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki