Invisible Feeling by May


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


CHAPTER 21

Ashley awoke from her peaceful sleep from Lance's phone ringing. How could you ever mistake that ring, Celebrity by Brad Paisly for anything else? She rolled over and eyed Lance. "Don't you ever turn that thing off?"

"I'm sorry, babe. Go back to sleep." He kissed her on the forehead and went out in the hallway. Ashley rolled back over and looked at the clock.

"Three-thirty? You have got to be joking! This better be an emergency." Ashley mumbled into the pillow. Then she heard Lance say the one name she never wanted to hear again.

"No! Shenice I can't!...Because I'm in a committed relationship!...I'm sorry, but I'm not here so you can go to sleep easier at night...Goodbye!" When Lance walked back into the bedroom, he was a little surprised to see Ashley packing a little suitcase. "Baby, it's three-thirty in the morning. What are you doing?"

"I'm leaving." She said simply, moving across the bedroom as fast as she could.

"What? Why?" Now he was nervous. Had she just heard his conversation? He was positive he had been far enough down the hall so she wouldn't.

"You tell me, Lance." She snapped at him.

"I don't know." He tried playing dumb. Maybe she would take it as she misinterpreted the conversation. Yeah, right.

"Oh bullshit, Lance! I moved down here to be with you! I moved in with you when you asked me to. I loved you! How could you do this to me?"

"Ashley, I..."

"You know what? I don't want to hear it. I'm sick and tired of your excuses! How could I not
know? All those nights you were "working late" at the office on some random project? You were with her, weren't you? How long has this been going on?" As hard as Ashley tried to not let the tears fall, they did. The last thing she wanted to do was to show Lance how badly he hurt her. But then again she didn't want him to think she didn't care either. Because then he would think he could walk all over her and go screw the next bimbo that came along. After all, he was a guy, wasn't he? And hell would freeze over before she ever let that happen. "You know what? I don't even want to know. God, I trusted you! I gave you everything I had and this is how you repay me? Lance, I loved you with every fiber of my being, giving you anything I could to prove myself worthy of you, expecting nothing in return but your love. And I thought I had it. I have never been so wrong in my entire life."

"Ashley, I'm sorry."

"No. Don't cry. Don't you dare start crying! You don't deserve to! I'm the one who's been hurt.
I'm the one who was betrayed. Christ! I'm even the one who decided to sit at home waiting for you to return just so we could be together!" She was full on sobbing now. Never in her life had she experienced so much pain. "I hope you and Shenice have a nice life together." With that, Ashley walked out of the room and down the stairs to the front door. As she was opening the door to leave, she stopped and turned to Lance.

"Will you please, just let me explain things?"

"There's nothing to explain! You screwed around! That's it! Now bite me, screw you and kiss my ass! Oh wait, sorry, You already did that didn't you? I guess it just wasn't good enough for you, huh?" She was about to walk out, but something told her to tell Lance what she had been trying to tell him all night. "Oh, and by the way, congratulations. You're going to be a dad." She slammed the door shut behind her and practically ran to her car. Getting in, she started it up and sped off down the street to the only place she could think of. She just hoped Cassy wouldn‘t be too mad at her for showing up so early, or late.

~*~

"Oh no way in hell is Sarah hotter than Jareth!"

"Yes she is! Jareth's just old and creepy. Not to mention the socks he shoved in them tights! Sarah is definitely way hotter."

"Ok, first of all, that is not a pair of socks. There is way too much definition to it..."

"What do you spend all day staring at his crotch or something to know that?"

"I didn't even notice until Chris pointed that out to me back home! And second, I just think he's
hot."

"You would." JC laughed at her.

"Well I think you're hot too. So what does that say about you then? Hmm?" Cassy shot back after
throwing a piece of popcorn at JC.

"Girl, I know you did not just compare me to David Freakin' Bowie!"

"And what if I did?" Cassy smirked at him.

"You're asking for it."

"What, what am I asking for?" She urged him on. Suddenly, JC practically pounced on top of her
and tickled her until she was blue in the face.

"No...JC!...STOP!" She laughed and shrieked. Ok, so it was torture to be tickled so bad, but Cassy
loved every second of it.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door disturbing their fun. JC dropped his head to Cassy's
shoulder and groaned.

"Seriously, how thin are these damn walls!" Cassy wondered aloud.

"I don't know but I'll take care of it."

"Don't be to long." She winked at him. These were the times Cassy loved most of all. Just lazing
around the house, watching movies and teasing the man she loved. But then something would
always happen and it would interrupt them. Like the phone or someone knocking at the door, or
even time. Cassy just wanted one night alone with her man. One night to do whatever they want.
Is that so much to ask? Apparently so.

Then Cassy's mind began to wander. She really didn't deserve a man like JC. He was way too
good for her. He needed someone who was good for him. And that wasn't her. He didn't need
some girl who fantasized about his best friend. Justin. Oh crap. She had completely forgotten!
Cassy was too caught up in her own little world to realize she still hadn't told JC about what
happened. Oh well, maybe they were better off if he didn't know.

All week Justin had been calling Cassy non-stop, trying to apologize. She had been doing pretty well avoiding his calls, up until yesterday that is. She was lost in her own little world just daydreaming about nothing when she heard the phone ring. Not even bothering to check the caller ID. It was of course Justin begging for her forgiveness. Basically he had said he was sorry about a million times. Saying that he was drunk and something had upset him earlier in the day. Then he asked her to meet him for lunch tomorrow so he could show her how sorry he was and explain everything. She wished she could cancel. But what would she tell him? That someone close to her was sick and possibly dying in the hospital? Then it hit her.
Jerry.

She was so caught up in JC coming home she had forgotten all about him lying in some hospital bed, possibly never waking up. Now Cassy felt like complete and total crap. She felt bad for having fun when people around her couldn't.

"Uh, Cassy?" Cassy's thoughts were interrupted when JC came into the room. How long had he been gone? Well, her mind must have been running a million miles per second because he had only been gone long enough to answer the door and see that it was Ashley.

"Who was it babe?"

"You might wanna go out there. I think someone needs a friend right now." Eyeing JC carefully, Cassy slid off the bed and made her way out into the living room, not even bothering to change into something decent.

"Oh my god, Ashley, it's almost four in the morning. What's wrong?" Cassy said, rushing to her friend's side.

"I'm sorry I just had nowhere else to go." Ashley cried.

"It's ok, come on." Cassy took Ashley's free hand and led her to the spare bedroom.
Sitting her on the bed, Cassy looked at her friend who seemed to be a complete and total mess.
"What happened?"

"I left him."

"Why?" She was so confused. Weren't they happy together? Cassy couldn't remember a time
when Ashley seemed so at peace.
"He's been cheating on me, Cassy. And not just with any woman. With Shenice. God! She looked
like she stepped out of the fuckin‘ Moulin Rouge! I swear it!" Never in her life did Cassy think
Lance was capable of....hold up! Didn't he think she was cheating on him? Wasn't he the one who
made a huge scene in front of everyone because he believed Justin over his own girlfriend? Who
the hell did he think he was going right back around and doing it to her? Talk about hypocritical.
"I just, god he makes me so mad! How could he do this to me? What did I do that was so bad?"
Ashley looked at Cassy as more tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Ashley, you did nothing but love that man. And if he's cheating on you, then that means you're
too good for him. He doesn't deserve you."

"Thanks Cassy. You're such a good friend." Ashley said, hugging Cassy.

"It's the truth." Pulling away from Cassy, Ashley laughed a little as she wiped her eyes. "What are
you wearing?"

"What?" Cassy looked down and laughed herself. "Oh. I bought this for JC a little while ago." She
was wearing a silk blue button down shirt over nothing but her black boy-cut panties.

"I bet it looks better on him, though."

"Hey, he hasn't complained yet!" They both giggled as a little puppy ran over to the bed and
attempted jumping on the bed, but she was a little too small yet.

"And who is this?" Ashley asked, picking up the little pug.

"JC surprised me with her when I got home."

"Speaking of, when did he get back?"

"Today. He was here cooking when I got home from the..." Ashley noticed the look on her face as
Cassy's sentence faded out.

"What's wrong? Something happen at the hospital?"

"Yeah, actually. They brought Jerry in today. He was in a pretty bad car accident."

"Oh. I'm sorry. How is he doing?"

"Not so good. He's in a coma and they don't know when, or even if he'll wake up."

"And how are you handling that?" Ashley could tell she was ready to break down right then and
there, but she was holding it back. Ashley was there the entire time Cassy was with Jerry, and
was her shoulder to cry on after their break up. She knew Jerry was a major soft spot for her,
and probably always would be.

"Not too well. I broke down right on the spot when nobody would tell me hat was going on. You
know, I'm not sure, but I bet if Jerry came back and asked me to marry him tomorrow, I'd say
yes. I know that's wrong to say considering JC, but it's true."

"And I completely understand that. You were with Jerry for three years. You were supposed to
get married. I don't blame you for having these feelings."

"But then there's Justin."

"Oh yeah. How's it going with that?"

"I have to have lunch with him tomorrow...today. Whatever. I really don't want to."

"But you already said you would, right?"

"Of course I did." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Well, I wish you all the luck in the world and do not let him step all over you!"

"Don't worry I won't." Cassy reassured her. Standing up, Cassy stretched and looked back at
Ashley. "You gonna be alright if I go back to JC?"

"Yeah. I'll be fine."

"Ok. Good night."

"Night." Cassy left Ashley's room and went across the hall.

"Hey baby. She ok?"

"Yeah, she's gonna be fine."

"Good. Now come over here and keep me warm!" Cassy giggled and snuggled into the bed next
to JC. "Good night baby."

"Good night, JC. I love you."

"Love you more." He kissed her on the nose and snuggled into her a little more before closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep.

Well, at least one of them was going to sleep tonight. Cassy's mind was running a million miles per second. What was she going to do? Between Jerry and Justin and JC, she had no idea.


Chapter 22

Ashley woke up the next morning, her eyes red and puffy from crying herself to sleep the night before. She turned and looked at the clock and saw it was 9:30. Rolling out of bed, Ashley made her way down the short hallway and to the bathroom. "A hot shower is just what I need right now" she thought to herself.

JC awoke from his peaceful sleep when he heard the shower turn on. Unable to go back to sleep after that, he got up and went in the kitchen to find something for breakfast. He was making French toast when Ashley walked into the room with her hair still in the towel. She just didn't care what she looked like right now. It was only JC.

"Morning Ash." Whoops. Was he in for it now.

"Morning, Jace." She said, not even flinching at the stupid shorting of her name.

"Everything ok, Ashley?" He knew it wasn't, but maybe he could get her to open up some to him.
Ashley couldn't take it anymore. Her mind was in overdrive right now and she just let it all out. "No. I'm not ok, JC! I'm pregnant with Lances baby, who I thought loved me but no! He goes and cheats on me with some skanky ass hooker..." she caught herself and who she was talking to and started crying even harder than before.

JC walked over to Ashley and took her in a hug knowing she needed someone right now. "Ashley, it will be ok. I'm sure of it. Just calm down and talk to me. I'm here for you, and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon."

Ashley lifted her head and looked into his eyes. She knew he really did care so she took a deep breath and began her venting once again.

"What am I suppose to do JC? Lance has been cheating on me with some girl and here I was
sitting at home waiting for him, thinking he was just working hard on something for the group or
another artist! And I couldn't have been happier knowing that I am having a baby with this man who I am so in love with and who is so dedicated to what he loves. Yeah. He's dedicated alright. Dedicated to his dick." She blurted out.

JC chuckled at that last remark and Ashley just looked at him and started laughing too

"It'll be ok sweetie. You'll get through this, I promise. Besides, you have four people that really care about you. And I'm sure Lance still does too."

"Yeah right." She said bitterly.

"Ashley..." Before he could even think to finish what he was going to say, Ashley blew up at him.

" JC, IM PREGANT! DON'T YOU GET IT? What am I suppose to do? Please, tell me ‘cause I have no fucking clue right now." She said, breaking into another fit of tears. For the first time in god knows how long, Ashley was truly happy. And finding out she was carrying the love of her life's child just finished it off. But how could he just turn around and say that he didn't love her anymore?

Jc didn't know what to say. He really didn't, so he just let her cry on his shoulder and rubbed her back softly

Cassy woke up to a screaming Ashley. She knew she needed to get it out. Cassy was actually kind of shocked she hadn't blown up last night. But then again, she probably had gotten it all out on lance.

She got up and walked out into the kitchen and saw her boyfriend consoling her best friend. She smiled, not being able to believe how good he was to everyone he cared about.

Jc mouthed "talk to her."

Cassy mouthed back " we both should." He nodded ok and picked Ashley's head up off his tear
soaked shoulder. "Ash, come on lets go and sit in the living room and we can talk about this, ok?"

"Ok." She said. Getting up, she noticed Cassy standing there.

"Oh my god, Cassy. How much did you hear?" Ashley asked frantically.

Cassy looked at her friend and said "Oh, only the ‘Jc I'm pregnant don't you get it' part." She
crossed her arms. "Why didn't you just tell me?"

"Im sorry. I wanted to tell you first after lance but after last night I couldn't take it anymore."
Ashley said falling into the wall. She couldn't stand on her own right now. "I'm sorry, Cassy. I
really am sorry."

Cassy ran to her friend. "Ashley its ok. Come on, lets go talk sweetie." She lifted her friend up
and helped her into the bedroom.

The phone rang while walking in there so JC ran and got it.

"Hello?"

"Hey JC. Is Ashley there? I really need to talk to her." Lance said in a shaky voice.

"Yeah, she is but the last thing she needs is to talk to you right now. All this stress isn't good for
her or the baby. She'll talk to you when she's not such a mess."

"JC, come on man! I need to talk to my girlfriend." Lance choked through his tears.

"You really think that after everything you put her through you'd still be together? I thought you
were better than that man. We were all wrong." JC said before hanging up on Lance. He was one
of his best friends. One that JC really thought would never be able to cheat on someone in his
life, ever. Man was he ever wrong. Ok, Justin? Maybe. But Lance? Never. Especially after him
thinking Ashley had cheated on him. What, did he think he had to get her back for that or
something? At least hers was just a rumor started by Justin.

JC had taken a shower and got his things together. About an hour later Cassy came out of
Ashley's bedroom and joined JC on the couch.

"How is she?"

"Ok. She's sleeping right now. God, I could kill Lance for putting her through this."

"Yeah, you're not the only one." JC put his arm around her shoulders and kissed her forehead.

"JC?"

"Yeah, babe?"

"Will you promise me that you'll always be true?"

"What?"

"Just promise me." Cassy said, looking deeply into his eyes.

"Cassy, I promise you, I could never even think of cheating on you. I love you, and I always will.
No other woman could ever change that."

"What about a man?" She joked.

"Ok, that's not funny."

"I'm sorry." She laughed a little."

"I love your laugh."

"I love you."

"Not as much as I love you." JC said, kissing her deeply. Pulling away form the kiss, Cassy
wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. Glancing at the clock, Cassy
panicked.

"Shit!" She shot up and ran to the bathroom.

"What's wrong?" JC asked, following her.

"I'm sorry. I really want to stay here with you, but I promised Justin we could go out to lunch
today. I have to meet him in a half hour. I'm sorry, baby."

"Oh that's ok. I should go home and unpack anyway. See you later?"

"Of course. I'll call you when I get home."

"Ok." Jc kissed her and said a goodbye before leaving her to her shower and getting his things. As he walked downstairs to his car, JC couldn't help but to get an uneasy feeling his the pit of his stomach. He knew nothing was going on with Justin and Cassy. So why did he feel like this?
Getting out of the shower, Cassy quickly did her hair and make-up and got dressed. She left a note on the coffee table for Ashley and grabbed her purse and left to meet Justin at the café.
Walking up to the café, Cassy could feel the nervousness in her stomach and it felt as though her throat was closing up. But still, she went on. Upon seeing Justin, Cassy contemplated on just turning around and running, but she knew she couldn't do that. She told him she'd give him a chance to explain what he had done, and she would. Walking up to the table she said a quick
"hello, Justin" and sat down.

"Oh, Cassy, you're here. I'm really glad you decided to give me this chance."

"Well, I figured I wanted to see what kind of excuse you try to feed me about almost raping me."

"Ok, look, I'm really sorry about that. I was having a horrible day and I drank myself stupid. I know there's no excuse for it, but I just want you to know that I wasn't myself and, now I'm not asking for your forgiveness ‘cause god knows I can't forgive myself for doing that to you. But, can you try and let us start over? Maybe, try and be friends again?"

Cassy was silent for a few minutes and Justin was about to give up all hope in rekindling their
friendship that he destroyed. "Please, say something. Anything."

"Justin, I would say yes. That I'll give you another chance. But there's nothing to tell me you won't try this again. You really scared me Justin. There was a point there that night where I felt like there was no use in fighting you. That you wanted something and nothing was going to keep you from getting it."

"And I'm sorry! I truly am! You know I would never even dream of doing something like that when I'm in a stable state of mind."

"I know Justin. And it just makes me sick when I think of all the women you actually did do that to. And that makes me ashamed to know you." Cassy stopped talking as their waitress came over to take their orders. After ordering, Cassy looked back at Justin. "Justin, I do want to be friends with you though. I really had fun when we hung out. But I'm telling you right now. If you ever even take so much as one drink when you're with me, I will have to shoot you!"

Justin started laughing but when he saw the serious look on Cassy's face he quickly stopped. "I give you my full permission to shoot my dick off."

"Good. Because I will." She smiled at him. Justin thought how nice it was to see her smiling face
again. He couldn't believe he was such an asshole. Who could ever even dream of hurting this
woman? She and JC belonged together. Justin would no longer intervene. Well, as long as JC
didn't hurt her, they would be alright.

CHAPTER 23
~3 Weeks Later~

Cassy had eventually told JC that she had to go home for Thanksgiving and he was a little
bummed. He had originally planned on taking her home to Maryland to meet his family. After already deciding she would spend the holiday with her family as he would with his own, Cassy came up with a plan. They would leave Orlando a few days early and spend two days with JC's family and then leave Wednesday for Buffalo. The couple decided they would stay with Cassy's family until Saturday night and JC had to return to his life of fame, fortune, and cameras.

"They're gonna hate me, aren't they?" Cassy sighed, throwing down her suitcase and falling on to
her bed.

"Get real Cassy. They're going to love you. Everyone who meets you and gets to know you loves
you and everything you're about. So just calm down, take a deep breath, and finish packing."

"Yeah, but...."

"Take a deep breath and relax! Damn girl. It's going to be fine. It's going to go fine, and you are
going to be fine! Now come on, JC's family will love you. Now finish packing. JC's going to be
here to pick us up in twenty minutes."

"Ok." Cassy took a deep breath as she was told and finished packing. Ashley had already packed.
She was going to the airport with Cassy and JC but she was going home to Buffalo.

Twenty minutes later JC was there to pick the girls up and so they went to the airport, Lonnie of
course just a few feet behind them. They first went to Ashley's gate since her departure was first.

"Call me when you land. You know I hate these things.

"I will. And you better do the same."

"You know me." The boarding was called and Ashley looked at her friends. "I guess I'll see you
two in a few days." She hugged them both and turned to make her way towards her gate. She
was almost there when she heard the deep southern drawl calling out her name. It could only be
one person. "Lance?" She asked, looking at him unbelievingly. "What are you doing here?"

~*~

"Please, don't leave! I don't want you to move back to New York just because of me."

"Oh get over yourself! Not that it's any of your business, but one, I'm not going back to New York
because of you. I'm going back for Thanksgiving. And two, I'm not even moving back there!"

"Oh. You're not?"

"Don't look so upset!" She said, rolling her eyes. Honestly, why was this guy here? Didn't he
realize she wanted nothing to do with him? He made his choice, now he had live with it. "So why
are you here?"

"Ashley, look, I know I screwed up royally. I know I don't deserve someone as good as you. I
know I hurt you in more ways than I can even dream possible! And I'm sorry. I never regretted
anything more than I do this. And I'm truly, truly sorry for ever even letting the idea of sleeping with that, that..."

"Whore? Skank? Slut?" She offered bitterly. "What Lance? What is she? Who is she? Tell me now, because I'm not going to be listening for much longer."

Sighing, Lance softly said, "She was an old girlfriend who recently moved back to Orlando. When
I saw her, I don't know. All these feelings rushed back that I never thought I'd feel for her again.
And I had to see if they were just lust, or if it was still the love I felt for her all those years."

"And?" Ashley asked softly, wiping a few stray tears away from her cheek.

"It was pure lust. Ashley, there is only one woman in the world that I love with all my heart and soul. And I'm looking at her. And I can not believe I even let my mind entertain the thought of there still being something between Shenice and I. I never wanted to hurt you."

"Well you did." She began crying even harder now. All Lance wanted to do was scoop her up in
his arms and tell her it was going to be okay. But he knew he couldn't.

Looking away from Lance, Ashley looked at all the people watching the drama going on between
them. Like it was a soap opera or something. Except Ashley wasn't in a television show where
she was finding out that she was somehow related to the father of her child. That's how they worked wasn't it? But even on TV everything seemed to work itself out it the end. Why couldn't life be that easy? Well, it was for some people. But those people were in serious need of a harsh reality check.

Lance moved closer to Ashley and gently grabbed her hand, only to have her rip it from his grasp
quickly. "Please, Ashley. Just let me explain."

"Explain? Explain what? There's nothing left to explain, Lance. You cheated on me. Plain and
simple. God, I loved you Lance. I gave you everything I had expecting nothing but your love in
return! And then you turn around screw the first bimbo you think you have returning feelings for!
Were you even thinking with your head?" Ashley stopped and shook her head, laughing
incredulously. "Well it's obvious that you were. It was just with the wrong damn one!"

"Ashley I'm sorry! It was a mistake! I swear I never meant for it to happen, it just sort of...did."

"Yeah? Well I never meant to get pregnant with your god-damn kid either, but guess what? I
kinda did!" She mocked him. "And now I have to live with the fact that my parents are going to
kill me when they find out I'm going to be an unwed mother at twenty-one fucking years old! But
you know what? It'll all be worth it in the end when my father tracks you down and chops your
dick off! That way, I'll have the satisfaction of knowing you will never be able to cheat on another
woman as long as you live!" Taking a deep breath, Ashley finished with a smile. "Have a nice
life." Looking back at Cassy and JC she said, "I'll see you guys in a few days." Then she turned
and left Lance, quite possibly forever

"Come on, JC." As they were about to walk away, Lance stopped Cassy.

"Cassy, you need to do something for me."

"No, Lance. I don't have to do anything for you. Even if Ashley wanted to take you back, she
would need a hell of a lot longer than three weeks. You really broke her heart. And you better
believe I won't let her get back together with you without thinking long and hard about
everything you've put her through. Even with that baby in mind. You made your bed, Lance. Now
sleep in it." Cassy hissed at him before walking away as fast as she possibly could. It took
everything she had not to punch him in his face.

JC just shook his head at his friend as he walked away. Boy, had he really dug himself a deep
grave.

~*~

As the plane landed, JC could tell Cassy was becoming more and more nervous. "Don't worry. Everything's going to be fine. They're going to love you." JC reassured her.

"But what if they don't? What if your mother thinks I'm too young for you?"

"That's ridiculous, Cassy. Age doesn't mean a thing to her. Now stop worrying about it and get off
this plane so you can meet my family and they can meet the most important person in my life."
Cassy couldn't help but to melt in those deep sapphires.

"I love you." She cooed, kissing him on the lips.

"I love you too. Now move!" She stood up and JC smacked her on the behind, receiving a dirty
look in return. "What?" He asked innocently.

Pointing at him, Cassy said, "You're asking for it."

"Yes please." Smiling, Cassy smacked him on the shoulder.

"Bad boy."

"But you love it." He couldn't be more right.

After exiting the plane, JC and Cassy looked around for his family.

"JC!" They heard a shriek coming from their left and there came a young woman running straight
towards them.

"Wow! I missed you too Heather." JC laughed, giving his younger sister a tight hug.

"It's so good to see you." She glanced over and whispered to him, "Is this the new one?"

"Yes. And this ‘new one's' name is Cassy."

"Hi Cassy. I'm Heather." She said, shaking hands with her.

"Hi. It's nice to meet you."

"And you. Wow, JC. This one has manners." Heather then turned to Cassy. "He's been known to
date some pretty cheap and rude girls."

"Oh, really?" Cassy asked, looking quizzically at JC.

"Oh yes! Anywho, everyone's waiting at home for you guys so let's go!"

JC grabbed Heather's arm to stop her. "Wait, who's everyone?"

"Oh you know. The family." She said nonchalantly, trying to walk off again.

"Please tell me mom didn't invite the entire family over?"

"JC, how long have you been a part of this family? You know just as well as I do that they're all
there to meet your new girl here. Don't worry Cass. They're not that bad."

"Not that bad? Need I remind you of a certain Brad?"

"Ok, ok. so they're scary. But I'm sure Cassy will do fine. Just don't leave her alone with Uncle Jeff."

"Yeah JC. Don't leave her alone with Uncle Jeff." Cassy said, holding onto JC's arm tightly. Never in her life had she been so scared to meet someone's family before.


CHAPTER 24

JC and Cassy were now on their way to Buffalo to spend Thanksgiving with the Tonaus family.
After arriving to JC's parents' house, the Chasez's warmed up immediately to Cassy. Karen was
sharing embarrassing childhood stories of JC which inevitably led to embarrassing photographs of
being naked and in the bathtub that every mother seemed to get of her children. Cassy had to of
course open her big fat mouth and say something that no mother would like anyone to say of her
baby boy. She remembered wanting to run away and shove her foot in her mouth after saying,
"Aw, JC you had a cute butt when you were a baby. What happened?" That of course got a
questioning look from everyone in the room. She then quickly added, "Not that I would know"
and Karen burst out laughing. She told Cassy she should have seen the look on her face when
she thought she had said the wrong thing. She had then stood up and pinched JC's cheek while
saying, "I know my son's a sex fiend. He is twenty-seven after all. Besides, all anyone had to do
to know that he wasn't innocent was listen to his album!"

"That was not funny, Cassy!"

"Oh come on, JC. Admit it, you had a blast."

"Do you have any idea how horrifying it is to hear the words sex fiend come form my mother?"

"You should have seen your face! You turned so red!" Cassy said, still laughing as hard as her
lungs would allow.

"I'm glad you find my embarrassment so amusing."

"I'm sorry, Hun. But I had a great time with your family." Cassy leaned over and gave JC a quick
peck on his cheek.

"Yeah, I have to say you're the first girlfriend I've brought home that not one member of my
family hated."

"Not even Uncle Jeff?"

"Not even Uncle Jeff. Actually, I think he loves you more than anyone else. You're sarcastic and
witty. He loves sarcastic and witty. Especially when it's towards me."

"Thank you! Thank you!" Cassy shouted, pretending to bow to an audience, well, the best she
could while sitting in a Kia Rio.

They had left JC's childhood home about an hour ago and were driving to New York. Now it was
JC's turn to worry about what the family would think of him.

Becoming serious again, JC briefly looked at Cassy. He opened his mouth to say something, but
nothing would come out. He looked at her again and still, nothing. Cassy could feel his eyes on
her so she turned to him.

"Why do you keep looking at me?"

"I need to ask you something."

"Uh-oh, should I be worried?" Cassy asked playfully. But she became a little worried when he said
nothing in return, especially a ‘no, don't worry about it.' "Ok, what is it? You're scaring me."

"If something happened between you and someone, you'd tell me, right? You wouldn't keep it
from me, would you?"

"Shit!" Cassy's head screamed. "He knows. What do I do?" "Where is this coming from?" She
asked aloud as calmly as she could.

"Justin called me earlier and I was still a little pissed of from Johnny trying to get me to work
over the holiday. But Justin thought I was pissed at him over something and he starting babbling
about never meaning to let that happen with you. He was really drunk and we all know how he
gets when he's like that. Any of this ringing a bell in your head, Cassy?" JC looked at her for a
moment. "I don't mean to bring this up now; I just didn't want to discuss this in front of either of
our families."

Taking a deep breath, Cassy ran everything that had happened that night through her head.
Should she tell him? If she didn't she was afraid he would think that she had cheated on him, and
she hadn't. Yes, a part of her, a very small part, did want to sleep with Justin. But never would
she actually let that happen. But did he know that? She hoped he could trust her enough alone
with Justin.

"See now, I'm taking your silence as a yes. Something did happen between you two. Please, tell
me I'm wrong Cassy. I do know how he gets when he drinks. And quite frankly, it pissed me off
even more to think that I couldn't trust you alone with him."

"No, JC! Nothing happened between Justin and I." Sighing, Cassy decide this was it. She had to
tell him his best friend nearly raped her. If it hadn't been for his two weaknesses, she probably
never would have gotten away.

"Then please, tell me what in the hell he was talking about! I need to know that my thoughts are
wrong. Cassy, please tell me what I'm thinking is wrong. That you did not cheat on me with my
best friend."

"JC, I did not cheat on you with your best friend. But something did happen."

"I'm really not liking the sound of that."

"And you shouldn't." She replied in a small voice. Running her fingers through her hair, Cassy
sighed once again. "I should have told you this the day you came home from tour. I was just so
afraid you would blame me and then you and Justin wouldn't be friends anymore. And then all your fans would damn me to hell for ending Nsync."

"Just tell me straight out Cassy. What happened? Your well being is more important than than my
friendships."

"Ok, about a week before you came home, Justin asked me to come over, he was lonely. So I'm
like, ok, he broke his ankle and can't go out with Trace like he normally would. So I went over
there, but when I got there he had already downed like five beers or something. So he was a
little gone, and mix that with his pain medication. He shouldn't have been drinking in the first
place, but he obviously didn't care. And you know how he gets when he's drunk."

"Yeah, he's the biggest asshole on the face of the earth."

"Yeah, and I found that out when I wouldn't say yes to his advances on me."

"Cassy, please tell me he didn't..." He couldn't even say the word. Just the thought of his best
friend trying to rape his girlfriend was too much to bear.

"No, he didn't. I had an unfair advantage on him."

"What was that?"

"His broken ankle. He couldn't chase me after I kicked him in the balls." Noticing the car was
coming to a stop, Cassy looked around them. They weren't at her house yet. Why had they
stopped? When she turned to ask JC what was going on, she was a little taken by surprise when
she felt his arms wrap tightly around her.

"I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault. I should have left when I saw that he was drunk off his ass. There's no one to
blame but me for this."

"No. Do not even think about taking the blame! This all Justin's fault! I mean, I knew there were
girls he forced himself on when we use to go out clubbing, I just never thought he would be
enough of a fuckin' prick that he would make advances on my girlfriend! And that bastard calls himself my friend. Well ya know what? He can go fuck himself for all I care! Nobody does that to
my girl and gets away with it. Not even my best friend."

"JC, please don't do anything drastic. See this is what I was afraid. I didn't want to be the cause
of the official break up of Nsync."

"You're not Cassy. Justin is the cause of it. He caused it when he even entertained thoughts of
getting with you."

Cassy gave up. There was no use in trying to get the man to calm down. When he saw Justin she
knew he would beat his face in. And a part of her liked that idea, but the other part wished it
would be her face JC beat in rather than Justin's. She did after all want to sleep with Justin in a
way. But he could never know that. JC could never know Cassy ever wanted to sleep with
another man. Then that would surely be the end of it all.

CHAPTER 25

"Where should I park?" JC asked Cassy as they came up to her old home.

"Just pull in the driveway. If we need, to we can move it later." As he did so, Cassy gathered all her directions and maps and put them back into the pocket of the door. After parking, they got their suitcases and went up to the side door. After two knocks, her mother answered the door.
"By god my baby's back!" Carol screamed before wrapping her arms around her only daughter in a tight hug. "I missed you, baby."

"I missed you too, Mom."

"Well, don't just stand out here in cold, come on in!" After entering the house, Cassy introduced JC to everyone after saying hello to her family.

"Everyone, this is my boyfriend, JC Chasez. JC, this is my mom, Carol, my dad Joe, and my
brother Joey. Where's Jason?"

"Oh he's in his room with Chris. Jason! Come out here and say hello to your sister!" No sooner
had Carol yelled it did a man come bursting out of the bedroom and running to Cassy. Picking her
up, he swung her around.

"Put me down!" The man put her down and walked around her. Whistling, he said, "Damn.
Cassy-ass got hot!"

"Aww. Too bad I can't say the same for you."

"Bitch."

"Fag boy."

"I resent that remark!"

"More like you resemble that remark!"

"I missed you."

"I missed you too." Cassy laughed, hugging him tightly.

Turning to Cassy, JC asked, "This Jason?"

"God no! This is Chris. Although, he should be considered a brother. He is always over here
eating all our food!"

"Hey, I can't help it if my place has shit for food! Besides, Carol can cook."

Rolling her eyes, Cassy turned back to JC. "No. Jason may have been in redneck-Ville for a while,
but if he called me hot, I'd be a little worried." Just then Jason came up to Cassy.

"I don't know who you are, but you are not my baby sister."

"And you are definitely not my brother. No, my brother didn't have any muscles."

"Get over here and hug me!" Cassy smiled and hugged her brother, whom she hadn't seen in
over a year. "So, you really are dating the pop star, huh?"

"Jason, be nice."

"No it's ok. I'm use to it."

"I gotta hand it to you man. Cassy's been tryin' to convince me for years that you weren't gay.
Now, I guess I have to believe her. I'm just gonna tell you one thing." Jason said, pointing at
him. "You hurt her, I kill you! I mean, I haven't had to kill anyone yet, but I will if I have to."

"Trust me, you don't have to worry about that."

"Good. Now, when the hell is dinner ready? I'm friggin' hungry!"

"When it is, now shut up! Cassy, you're room is all ready for you. And JC, you'll be staying in the
spare bedroom, Cassy can show you where it is."

"Mom..." Cassy began to whine.

"Cassandra, you know the rules!"

"Yes Mother. Come on, JC." Cassy showed him her room, and then his. Explaining her mother's
rules to him. Basically, it was there was no being in the room together at night. She didn't want
anything ‘naughty or raunchy' going on in her own home.

"Is your mom like really anal about that stuff before you're married?"

"No. Just when we're under the same roof as her." She laughed, remembering vacation of 2000.
"Like when we were on vacation in 2000, Mikie brought his girlfriend with us, and she wouldn't let
them share a bedroom. He and Joey had to share and me and Jamie shared. I mean, they were
already living together at the time too."

"Wow."

"Yeah. So don't take it too personally."

"Oh I won't."

"Alright, go unpack and I'll meet you downstairs."

"Ok." Giving her a peck on the lips, both disappeared in each's rooms.

Cassy was in the middle of thinking when there was a knock at her door. Turning around, Cassy
saw Jason's head popping in through the door.

"Permission to enter?"

"Permission granted, Mr. Air Force."

Laughing, Jason plopped down on her bed. "I still think you have a better bed than I do."

"That's because I'm special." She teased.

"Yeah, special Ed." Jason laughed. He really did miss bickering with his sister. They did it all the
time before he left for boot camp. Getting serious again, he turned back to Cassy. "So, how is it
with Mr. Pop star?"

"Great. Really great." Cassy couldn't even think about him without smiling. It was too good to be
true. Nothing was this great in her life. With her luck, he'd be dumping her in three weeks.

"Good. How are Ashley and her Mr. Pop star?"

"Not so great."

"Yeah, so I heard. What happened?"

"He cheated on her."

"Wow. See, celebrities really are creeps. They can't be trusted. But, you see, I would have figured
if it was anyone from Nsync that would cheat, it would be Justin. I mean, how egotistical is he?"

"He's not that bad, Jay. I mean, he can get really sure of himself sometimes, but he's not as bad
as you might think. Except when he drinks." Jason noticed the look on Cassy's face when she
spoke about him. She looked as though she just wanted to break down in tears. Standing up,
Jason walked over to her and put his hand on her shoulder.

"What happened?"

"What do you mean?"

"Cassy, don't play dumb with me. I can tell by the way you look when you talk about him. What
did he do? Is he the one I need to kill?" He tried to joke around about it, but the joking
completely seized when he saw her face. "What did he do? Cassy, please tell me you didn't sleep
with him."

"No Jason. I wouldn't do that to JC." Putting down the monkey picture frame Cassy had in her
hands, she turned to Jason. "Look, I really don't want to talk about this right now. Just please, do not talk about Justin in front of JC. He's not so fond of him right now."

"Just tell me what happened! I promise, I won't say a thing to JC about him."

"Just drop it, ok? He had a broken foot, he couldn't get that far."

"Couldn't get that far with what?" He asked carefully, rage rising inside him with every passing
second. Great Cassy. Could you possibly stick your foot in your mouth any farther?

"Don't worry about it." On the brink of tears, Cassy tried to brush past Jason when he grabbed
her arm, turning her to look at him.

"Please tell me he did not try to rape you."

"Fine. He didn't."

"That fuckin' piece of shit! He's dead!"

"No, Jason please calm down. He was drunk. He didn't know what he was doing. Besides, we're
fine now."

"Cassy, I can not believe you would stay friends with someone after they would try that on you!"

Just then, JC came in the room, stopping short when he saw the rage on Jason's face. "Whoa, is
everything ok in here?"

"Fine." Cassy said, staring at Jason intently. They heard their mom call them down for dinner, so
Jason started to walk away. "This isn't the end of this."

"Yes it is." Cassy stated firmly.

Walking past JC, Jason looked at him. "Your friend is dead when I get to him."

"Not if I get to him first." The scary thing about this was, neither of them had a hint of anything
other than seriousness planted on their faces or in their eyes. And quite frankly, Cassy was
starting to get a little scared. They wouldn't really hurt Justin, would they? Oh who was she
trying to kid? Jason had been in boot camp for four months and then learned how shoot weapons
and fly planes for four. Not to mention how mad he could be without all the training. He was sure to rip him a new asshole.

~*~

It was the night of Thanksgiving and JC was playing HALO with Jason, Chris, Bob, and Steve, the ‘Fletcher Street Gang.' Cassy was helping her mother put up the Christmas tree when Carol brought up the foreign conversation.

"So, how's life with JC?"

"Great. Really great." She couldn't even think about him without smiling.

"He seems great. But um...I meant in the...how can I put this? In the sac?"

"Mother!" Who was this woman? She never spoke like this before, unless it was with her friends.

"What? I can't help that I have a common curiosity." She shrugged slightly. "Besides, don't even
tell me you're still a virgin. You and I both know you lost that while with Jerry."

Jerry. Crap. You had to say that, didn't you? She had been doing so great without thinking of
Jerry. But of course nothing lasts. Ever since she found out he was great and safe at home with
Mother dearest, she had been able to get her mind off him and focus on JC.

JC. Then her mind came right back to her mother's question. Just as she had opened her mouth
to answer her, there was a knock at the door. Carol looked at Cassy and said that she would get
it. Cassy continued putting up ornaments until her mother called her to the door.

"Yeah?"

"Someone's here for you." Thinking it was Ashley, Cassy immediately put down the decorations in
her hands and went to the side door. Needless to say, she was very surprised to see a tall, very
toned man standing there with that dead sexy grin on his face.

"Hey there. Long time no see."

"What are you doing here?"

"I heard you were back in town so I wanted to see you."

"Mommy dearest would flip to know you were here right now."

"Well Mommy dearest can kiss my ass." She had to laugh at that. He was always like that. But
he'd never admit it to his mother or father. They were so strict, obviously, they weren't together
anymore, now were they? And it was all because of the parentals.

"Well what can I do for you, Jerry?"

"You can accompany me on a walk I was thinking about taking. And considering I'm still not one
hundred percent, it would be good to have a doctor with me."

"I'm not a real doctor, doctor."

"Close enough." God, that smile. That smile could definitely do things to a girl. Worse than
Justin's lopsided grin.

Smiling back, Cassy replied, "Hold on a second." She walked away from Jerry and popped her
head into her brother's room where all the guys were hanging out. "JC, I'm gonna go for a walk
with an old friend."

"Ok. See you later babe." He couldn't even take his eyes off the game to say that to her. Oh well.
As long as he had fun, that's all that mattered. Going back out to the hallway where Jerry was
waiting for her, she put on her boots and coat, then they left.

As they walked along the street line, Jerry looked at Cassy. He took everything in. The way she
smelled, the way her hair blew lightly in the breeze, the way those little clouds of breath puffed
out of the slightly parted lips. She was beautiful. And it didn't matter that she had lost all the
weight. Yes, she had more of a figure, but in his eyes, she had always been beautiful and he was
happy that she was finally happy with herself.

"So my lady, where do you wish to go?" He said it as though he were a prince. His posture was
perfect with his hand behind his back as he awaited her answer.

"I do believe it was who has stolen me away for this walk. Where is it you would like to go?"
Cassy replied, playing along. She always loved doing this with Jerry. After watching certain
movies they would try to play the characters, impersonating their accents and the way their lines
were spoken. Mostly for the highly dramatic though, and especially their favorite, The Labyrinth.

"It does not matter to me as long as I am in the company of you." Jerry found himself getting
lost as he looked into Cassy's eyes once again. She captivated him in every sense. What
happened to those times when he awoke every day just to see her smiling face? To hear her
laughter? To touch her, to kiss her sweet, soft lips one more time, he would give anything. "You
know, I think I liked your hair better short and blonde."

"Of course you did. Guys like blondes and big boobs."

"That's not why and you know it."

"Yeah. You know I have to give you hell." Cassy laughed at Jerry. She missed this, just hanging
out with Jerry. She hadn't realized how much she truly missed him until tonight.

"I still remember why you wanted to grow it out and dye it dark brown."

"And I remember when you went to every wig store trying to find a blonde wig that was spiky
with a few long pieces hanging down!"

"Ok, ok, you got me there." Both were quiet for a few minutes when Jerry turned to Cassy and
opened his mouth to speak. "Do you remember that summer you and I performed that ending of
the movie for you family?"

Grinning wildly, Cassy's eyes lit up like a child on Christmas. "I had so much fun doing that. I still
remember it. I mean, I watch the movie so often I should know it, but I can still hear our little
voices playing in my head."

"And my favorite line plays in mine."
Looking at Jerry blankly, Cassy replied, "now that I don't remember."

"Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave."

"Ah yes. I'll tell you if he had said that to me, I would not be saying ‘you have no power over
me'." Both of their faces were straight and stern until Jerry couldn't hold it back anymore. He had
to laugh at her seriousness. After all this time she still had the biggest crush on Jareth. Hugging
Cassy, Jerry laughed some more.

Leaving his arm around her neck, Jerry pulled her in one direction. "Come on, Cass."

After walking around for about twenty more minutes, they stopped in the park and sat down on a
bench. Cassy tried gluing her gaze to anything except the man sitting next to her. She could feel
his stare on her, but she tried not letting it show.

"You are so beautiful." Smiling, Cassy couldn't help but to blush at his out-of-nowhere statement.
Suddenly, Jerry removed his hand from her face and looked down into his lap. "Cassy, there's
something I need to tell you."

"Ok." She waited for him to tell her. She could hardly wait. Whatever it was had him all torn up.

"Becky and I broke up last week."

"Oh, I'm sorry." She sincerely was. They seemed really happy together. But, why did she need to
know that?

"I know, that's not really big news, but she broke it off because of me."

"What do you mean, because of you?"

"Because she didn't feel as though there was enough room in my heart for her too."

"Too?"

"You see, two years ago, I gave this really incredible woman all the love I possessed. And Becky
was right, there's no room in my heart for another."

Wow. So there it was. Jerry's true feelings. All out there and hers for the taking. "Please, say
something, Cassy. I mean, if someone puts their feelings out there and the other person stays
silent, that is a bad thing."

"I'm sorry, Jerry. Oh, wow. It's just, I don't know what to say, really." She saw his hurt face as he
looked away from her. "I mean, I'm with JC."

"I know. Which is why I didn't plan on telling you. But, I couldn't hide my feelings from you
anymore. I mean, seeing you with him, seeing your happy faces plastered all over the magazines
and television, it drives me crazy to know that my parents screwed up my only chance at
happiness with the woman I love, and always will."

"I'm sorry, Jerry. I truly am."

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't think that you would still love me."

"But I do still love you. Just not in the same way as you do me, anymore."

"I know." Giving him a quick peck on the lips, Cassy then wrapped her arms around his neck and
hugged him to her tightly. "I should go before my family starts worrying."

"Yeah. I should probably get home too before Mother dearest thinks I had a heart attack or
something." He tried joking but neither found it funny in the least.

"I'll talk to you soon, Jer."

"See-ya, Cass." He gave her a quick wave before watching her form disappear around the corner, along with his hopes and dreams.

~*~

Cassy quickly and quietly entered the house. She saw that the lights were off and figured
everyone had gone to bed already. Was she really gone that long?
Slowly, she crept upstairs and to her bedroom as to not make any loud noises that would wake
anybody up. As she entered her bedroom, she shut the door and turned on the light, jumping at the sight of a man in the rocking chair in the corner.

"Jesus Christ, Jc!" Who the hell sat in the corner of someone else's room in the dark? Honestly. A
friggin' psycho, that's who.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"The hell you didn't! People don't sit in dark corners and not expect to scare someone when they
come in."

"Sorry baby. So, have a nice walk?"

"Yeah, for a while."

"Yeah, you were out kinda long, weren't you?"

"I know. But some things had to be cleared up."

"What do you mean?"

"I was walking with Jerry." There, she said it. No secrets between them.

"Oh." Oh? That's it? No ‘what the hell did he want?' No reaction? Come on! Give me something!
Her thoughts screamed at him.

"You know, I just didn't want you to feel like I was keeping that from you."

Nodding, JC replied, "So what did you have to clear up?"

"His feeling toward me." She crossed her arms and leaned against her computer desk, not
looking him in the eye.

"And those are...?"

"Basically, in short? He's cursing his parents for ever breaking us up. And then you for making me
so happy."

"How do you feel about him?"

"I'm always gonna love him, JC. It's just not the love he wishes it was."

"So I don't have to worry about anything stealing you away then?"

"Babe, the only thing you have to worry about stealing me away is my work. And we both have
that worry, so we're even.

Wrapping his arms around her waist, he pulled her close. "Yes we are." He said huskily before
leaning in to capture her lips with his own. "I love you."

"Love you more." She smiled against his lips. The only problem being, her mind was elsewhere.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki