Welcome Home by May


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
I couldn't fit all of this third part to the series in one text, so I had to put the end in a seperate.
I can feel myself trembling as I lift my hand to knock on the door in front of me. Once I walk in there, there's no turning back. But that's what I want and it is certainly what I need. I hear the soft ‘come in' and with my hand on the knob, I slowly turn it and push the door open to reveal the absolutely gorgeous tuxedo clad Josh. I can feel my heart make the leap into my throat when he turns to see who entered the dressing room. Surprise is written all over his face when he sees it's me. I shut the door behind me and my eyes never leave his.

"Megs?" I can hear relief and confusion in his soft, yet sexy voice and it makes me quiver.

"Hi, Josh." He is trying to find the words to say to me, I know he is. He wasn't expecting me to show up today, neither was I.

"I've been trying to get a hold of you the past few days. Where have you been?"

"I know you have, Josh. I just...I was afraid to see you."

"Why?" I knew he didn't think anything of that night we shared together. It was just another drunken memory to him when it meant to the world to me. I should just go. It was a mistake to come here. I should just turn and walk out, not tell him anything. But I can't. He had been slowly walking towards me and now he stood mere inches from me and I could smell his cologne, I could feel his warmth and all I wanted was to hold and kiss him. But I can't, I need to tell him why I came, why I've been afraid to see him. "Why did you leave me again?"

"I couldn't handle you rejecting me again. I was so afraid you would wake up and tell me how much of a mistake it had been. It killed me to hear you say those things thirteen years ago and I just couldn't listen to it again." I stop and take a calming breath, but it's not calming at all. Why do I always react this way to him? Why can't I keep my emotions at bay? "I wasn't going to come today."

"Then why did you?"

"Justin and my dad. They made me realize that life it too short to not take risks."

"And what makes this a risk?"

I stare into his penetrating blue eyes and I just can't stop myself from leaning towards him and planting my lips on his. I wrap my arms around his neck and he pulls me closer to him. Why did he have to be getting married in an hour?

I slowly pull away from the kiss and lean my forehead against his, never opening my eyes I tell him what has been haunting me for fifteen years now. "I have been in love with you for fifteen years, Josh. And I couldn't watch you marry a woman who isn't me."

I feel him pull away from me and I'm afraid I've lost him, but he lifts my chin with his finger so I am looking directly into his eyes. "I have been waiting to hear you say that for just as long."

"Really?" My eyes search his for any sort of sign that he might be lying, but I find none. He is sincere and I suddenly want to kick myself for not taking this chance long ago.

A smile curves his beautiful lips and his forehead is back against mine. "The wedding is off."

"What?"

"I called off the wedding a few hours ago. I couldn't marry Kelsey. Yes, she's a great woman and all, but she's no you. You are the one I want to spend my days with, forever and always."

"Good. Because you are the only one for me." He envelopes me in a hug and for once, I am truly happy.

His mouth is next to my ear and he whispers to me. "Welcome home, Megs."

And he's right. This is the only place that ever felt like home to me. Right here in his arms.

 



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki