You + Me = ? by Jorie611


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Reviews are much appreciated :)
Chapter 1


"That kiss meant nothing, Drake!"

"Cassie, how dare you say such a thing!"

"You kissed me. I didn't want to kiss you! We've been pals since we were little. Nothing will ever, and I mean nothing will ever happen between the two of us."

Drake gives Cassie a once over and then storms out of the house. Cassie shakes her head in disbelief and settles onto the couch sighing.

"And cut!" yelled the director for the hit soap opera Lost in Our Lost

Maitland Westbrook stands up from the couch and walks off the set.

"You were great. We won't have to reshoot that scene." the director said as she walked past him.

"Thanks, Mr. Billings. The next scene I have to shoot is in an hour right?"

"Yes, Maitland."

She smiled and walked towards wardrobe. She was going to have to change outfits for her next scene.

Maitland knocked on the door of the wardrobe room and a feminine voice called her in.

"Hey sweetie." said Rose, the middle-aged woman in charge of giving all of the actors and actresses their wardrobe.

"Hi, Rose." Maitland replied sweetly.

"You need to change into a red cocktail dress."

"I do?"

"Yeah, look at this." Rose said showing her the list of clothing marked by Maitland's name on her clipboard.

Maitland grinned looking over the list.

"I didn't realize I had so many wardrobe changes today. I don't know why Cassie needs to wear a red cocktail dress."

"You should know. You are Cassie!"

"Well it's just that this is the last episode we're shooting that everyone knows the script for. I know Cassie has a blind date, but no one but the script writers know what will come of this blind date."

"I guess you're wearing the cocktail dress for her blind date then."

"Well where is it?" Maitland asked looking around at the racks of clothing.

"Right here!" Rose exclaimed picking it off a rack right next to her.

"It's gorgeous." Maitland said and held it up to herself.

"Well you should change into it and make sure it's okay before you shoot."

Maitland walked behind the curtain that hung in the room and changed into the dress. She came out from behind the curtain with a smile.

"Oh this is definitely a great dress for Cassie. It fits her character and well you look stunning in it." Rose said very pleased.

"Thanks, Rose."

Just then the door opened and Rose and Maitland both looked to see who entered. It was Tess Walters. She is Maitland's best friend from the show. Tess plays Lisa Williams, who is Cassie Williams' long lost sister.

Ever since the first day of filming a scene together, Maitland and Tess have had the best relationship on and off set of any of the actors on Lost in Our Lust.

"Hey, Tess." Maitland said.

"Hey , you. You look great in that dress. Is it for the next scene?"

"Yep. So what's up?"

"I just came by to tell you that when I walked past your dressing room that I heard your phone ring."

"Oh, thanks for telling me Tess. I haven't been back to my dressing room all morning."

"Then you must be really busy and tired. I haven't shot anything today yet. My scene isn't ready for shooting for another few hours."

"Lucky. I had 7:00 A.M. curtain call and it's now 2:00 P.M. and I still have to shoot my scene with this lovely cocktail dress."

"Then you're finished for the day?"

"Yes, thankfully. I love my job I really do, but the past three days we've shot four episodes and well Cassie is in like half of all of those scenes."

Tess giggled. "You're right about that, Ms. Superstar."

"Sorry for hogging all the air time, but I don't write the script." Maitland said with a giggle of her own.

"Well you'll get your much needed break for the night pretty soon."

Maitland glanced at the clock wanting the hands to move faster.

"Well I'm going to go to my dressing room. I can bring your phone to you, if you want me to." Tess said twisting the door handle.

"Thanks, Tess, but I think I'll be heading over to my dressing room now as well."

Maitland picked up her other clothes and stayed wearing the red dress for her scene that would film shortly.

"See you girls later." Rose said and they both waved bye to her.


Maitland entered her dressing room and put the clothes in her hands on the couch. She then took a seat at her vanity mirror and desk. Maitland sighed and then looked around for her cell phone. She forgot where she last layed it, but found it after a moment, on the coffee table in the room.

Maitland picked it up and flipped it open. She saw that no message had been left. Yet, when she checked for missed calls, it showed that she did miss a call.

She checked the number for the missed call and saw it was her husband who had tried reaching her.

"Why didn't you leave me a message?" Maitland asked herself.

She hadn't heard from him in three days. Three days ago was when she started filming more episodes of her soap opera and he took a flight to Atlanta to work with Dallas Austin for his solo album.

She knew they both were busy and had their own careers, but a simple "hi" or "I love you" would be nice compared to nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I think we found the perfect beat for this song." Dallas said looking at JC Chasez.

JC nodded in agreement. "Totally, dude. It really fits with the whole Queen-esque vibe I've got going.

"So do you think you want to try laying down some vocals for it then? You do have the lyrics all set, right?" Dallas asked.

"I can try some vocals." JC said standing up from the chair he'd been sittin gin behind the soundboard.

JC picked up the notebook he had placed on the couch in the studio and turned it to the lyrics he needed.

"Those the lyrics?" Dallas asked.

"Yep, and I have them all written and set to sing."

"Well I'll start the music and you go in the booth and kill it."

JC laughed and walked into the recording booth. He took a deep breath and placed the lyrics on a music stand. Then he cued Dallas to start the music.


I found a letter on my dresser last night
About a baby on the way
It made me suspicious of another guy cause
You couldn't tell me to my face
And so I asked to find out if I was right
That's when your eyes filled up with rage
Now nine months go by, the baby's not my blood type
Look at the mess you've made

Chorus:
You know I loved you so much
Girl I would never hurt you

If you play with fire
Then you'll get burned
When will you learn
Now it's your turn

Remember all the lies you sold me
Made me feel so sad and lonely
Now your fairytales unfolding
Nothing left to say
Cause I loved you all the way
Until yesterday
Until yesterday

Then just before singing on to the second verse, JC had a tickle in his throat and coughed a few times.

Dallas stopped the music and then JC walked out of the booth.

"I guess I need some water." JC said coughing again.

"Well what you did sing, sounded really great, man."

"Thanks, dude." JC said and grabbed a water bottle from out of the messenger bag he had with him.

"Why don't we just not worry about anymore singing for today? You've been working hard these last few days and deserve some time to rest in your hotel room." Dallas said watching JC take a swig of water.

JC swallowed and then sighed. "That actually sounds good."

"Well then I'll see you tomorrow. Be here at 10 o'clock again. There's also a party tomorrow I can take you to." Dallas said as he stood up and turned off the soundboard.

"That's cool. I'll see you tomorrow then." JC said and gave Dallas a wave as he exited the studio with water bottle still in hand and messenger bag hanging on his shoulder.


JC arrived shortly to his hotel and headed up to the suite he had been staying in. He opened the door with the key card and was happy to see that relaxation awaited him. JC took his bag off his shoulder and placed the water on a table. He then unzipped a puch on his bag and found his cell phone.

JC then walked to the grand couch in the hotel room and stretched out on it. He let out an appreciative sigh. JC looked at his cell phone in his hand and then flipped it open. He was going to try and reach her again.

When Maitland's phone was not answered again, he closed the phone.

JC wanted to hear from her, since it had been three days since she had said "Have a good time in Atlanta, babe. I love you."

He knew they'd both been busy, but he hadn't meant to go this long without reaching her. He also didn't want to just leave a message, because he wanted to hear her voice at the same time she heard his.

JC yawned and placed the phone on the coffee table next to the couch. Then he his eyes closed and sleep followed.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki