You + Me = ? by Jorie611


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +



Chapter 2

Maitland sat in her dressing room a few hours later filming her last scene taking all of her make-up off. She glanced at the door when she heard someone walk in.

"Hey Maitland." Tess said with a smile.

"Hey Tess."

"So are you almost ready to get out of here for the night?"

"Of course. I've filmed so many scenes today and I'm tired. I don't need to be here at the studio/sound stage longer than I need to."

Tess laughed. "Why don't we go to the diner down the street for some dinner?"

Maitland smiled standing up from her seat at her desk and then grabbed some things, including her purse from the coffee table in her dressing room.

"Let's go!" Maitland said and the two women left the studio where Lost in Our Lust is filmed for the night.



An hour later, Maitland and Tess were seated at a booth in a little cozy diner and enjoying their dinner.

"So we get a new script tomorrow." Tess said.

"Yep, we do."

"So are you excited to see what is in store for Cassie?"

Maitland played with a french fry and swirled it in ketchup."Well to be honest I think it's pretty predictable. Cassie's blind date will end up bad, she'll run back into Tyson's arms, and she'll still have to keep Drake away from her."

"I guess that could be be it."

"I play her and I think I know what the writers want out of her."

Tess frowned. "I know, but I didn't realize you'd be so nonchalant about seeing the next batch of scripts."

"I'm sorry. I guess I'm just tired. Today has felt like the busiest day since I've been on the soap opera." Tess laughed.

"Well Cassie Williams is in like every other scene. You're practically doing double duty, girl. But hell, you're such a damn good actress, you deserve all the screen time."

Maitland smiled at Tess' sweet words and then continued to play with her fries and ketchup.

"So um are you staying at the hotel again or heading home for the night?"

Maitland sighed. "Well home is on the complete opposite side of the city and we're so much closer to the studio if we stay at the hotel. Plus I'm tired and since I haven't been home in three days anyways, it won't bother me. I'd be alone if I go home,so I'm staying with you at the hotel again."

Tess could sense that Maitland seemed down about something and then remembered she had a phone call earlier.

"Well I almost forgot, but who called you earlier? What did they want? Did you get bad news? Did you call them back?" Tess asked throwing out questions.

Maitland chuckled and then sighed. "Well I didn't call them back and I didn't get any news or hear back from them."

"So who called?"

"It was...it was.......Josh."

"Oh. And you didn't call him back?"

"No, because we've both been busy and I didn't want to interrupt him and I guess I just want to see if he'll call me back first."

"Well when did you last speak to one another?" Maitland cringed.

"Three days ago. He's been in Atlanta and I've been here filming."

"I didn't realize you hadn't talked to one another. I thought you spoke last night or something."

"Nope, and that's kind of why it makes sense to stay at the hotel anyways, cause he wouldn't be there if I went home."

Tess nodded. "I understand."

Maitland played with her food for a moment and then opened up her purse. She took out her wallet and unsnapped it. She turned to the little plastic picture holders and flipped past a few pictures to land on the one she wanted to see.

She smiled looking at a recent picture of her husband. JC was dressed in a blue sweater and scarf that she bought him. He looked absolutely "delicious" in his ensemble. She got lost in his dreamy photo.

"What are you looking at?" Tess asked.

"A picture of Josh."

"Can I see?"

Maitland nodded and handed her the photo.

Tess looked at it and smiled. "Your man is quite a catch."

"I know he is." Maitland said smiling and taking the photo back from Tess.

"Well I'd hate it too if I had a husband like him and hadn't seen or spoken to him for longer than I could handle."

Maitland sighed. "I mean we've spent a longer time apart before, but we atleast talked like once a day or every other day. We're on day three now and I've not heard his voice. It just doesn't feel right."

"Sweetie, it'll be fine. Just call your man as soon as you get to your hotel room."

"I will."

"So then when does he come back?"

"Well it's now Monday and Josh should be coming back Thursday."

"Well you'll be busy with rehearsing the new script and then before you know it he'll be back."

"I know. I just hope he'll answer when I call him tonight."

"I hope so too. I don't want you coming back to work tomorrow being a @#%$ cause your husband still hasn't talked to you."

"Oh Tess, for your sake and mine he better answer."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Maitland got to her hotel room she tossed her stuff on the counter in the room and then took her cell phone out of her purse. She took a seat on a couch that was in the room and hit #1 on her speed dial.

Maitland waited hoping for him to pick up.

JC was watching a movie in his hotel suite three time zones away in Atlanta. He heard his phone ring and paused the movie. He picked up the phone and flipped it open.

"Hello." he answered with a normal tone.

Maitland felt her heart flutter at the sound of the simple "hello" coming from his sexy and melodic tenor voice. She had been dying to hear it.

"Hey, babe." Maitland said with her sweet Australian accent carrying through to the other line.

JC grinned hearing her voice. He loved her accent and it still made him smile all the time.

"Baby, it's you! How's my favorite little Aussie doing?" JC asked.

Maitland chuckled at his words and wished he was with her. "I'm doing fine. I've terribly missed hearing from you. Have you been that busy?"

"I know. I'm sorry about that. I've wanted to talk to you, you know that, but I'm working hard down here."

"I know, Josh. Just today I had to shoot 7 scenes and I had like 3 or 4 wardrobe changes and it was just crazy."

"Awe, my poor baby needs some sleep then."

"Yeah, cause we start rehearsals with the brand new script tomorrow. I'll probably be at the studio for hours getting my lines down."

"Well good luck with that. I know you'll survive."

"Thanks, babe. I just wish that you were here so I could go to sleep and cuddle with you."

"I wish that too, honey. Staying in a hotel room all by myself and spending the days with Dallas and other people of the male persuasion is not good for my sanity. I need a woman to keep me sane."

"I hope when you say woman you mean ME." Maitland said with a giggle.

JC chuckled. "Of course. I mean there's only one mate for me and it's you."

She laughed even louder at that. JC and all of his friends and her friends enjoyed the "mate" expression since she was Australian and most Australian's would use the term.

"Was that "mate" as in soulmate or "mate" as in Aussie slang for buddy or friend?"

JC laughed. They'd known one another for two years and two months and had been married for one year and five months of that time. Yet, her Australian heritage was still a fun addition to their relationship and probably always would be.

"Umm, both." JC answered.

"Good answer."

"Well you're my mate in every sense of the word." JC said realizing how true that was.

"And we can't forget that you call me Maity and everyone else calls me Mait." Maitland said smiling.

"No we can't forget that. So then can we move past this and on to something new?"

"Sure. How's it going in Atlanta. You make any pretty music?"

"I got one song finished and then Dallas and I are going to try and record another tomorrow. It's coming along."

"I'm really glad to hear that. Your album is going to be an ace!"

JC smiled. "That's sweet to say. I hope you're right."

"I'm always right." Maitland said with a chuckle.

"Oh and baby, ace is slang for excellent, right?"

"Yes, it is. You're catching on, my American lover."

"You make me sound dirty calling me that."

Maitland grinned. "Well you are dirty and you're American, but I love you."

JC loved how even though she'd had dual citizenship between Australia and America for 3 years that she still didn't consider herself fully American and had pride in her real roots.

"I love you too." JC said sighing contently.

"You'll be home on Thursday?"

JC counted mentally in his head and grinned. "Yep, I'll be back in LA Thursday afternoon and probably get home that night."

"Sounds good. I can't wait to see you."

"Me neither."

"You're going to laugh, but when Tess and I went to dinner tonight I had to take my wallet out to look at a photo of you."

"Awe, that's nothing to laugh about. That just makes me feel so .... so......special."

"Well you are special."

JC grinned enjoying the sweet remarks she made about him. "So what photo was it?"

"One of you wearing that blue sweater and scarf I bought you when I visited you in New York. Tess thought you looked like quite a catch."

"Well tell Tess that I've already been caught."

Maitland giggled." Oh she knows that I already reeled you in."

Then she layed her accent on even thicker and added. "No worries there, mate."

JC wished she was with him so he could kiss her. He never told her, but he liked it when she went Australian on him. It was so sexy in his mind, especially when she layed her accent on thick. Naturally it had toned down some being in America and acting on an American soap opera, but there were times when you'd never know she left Australia.

"Yep, no worries there." JC agreed.

Maitland yawned and decided since she would have to get up early and was very tired as it was that she should hang up and go to sleep.

"Tired?" JC asked hearing the yawn.

"Yep, and I hate to hang up, but I think I must."

"Well you can call me tomorrow."

"Will do. Have yourself some sweet dreams and good luck in the studio tomorrow. I love you, Josh."

"Sweet dreams to you too and good luck rehearsing your lines. I love you too, Maity."

She was truly content after hearing him say her nickname. It made her heart flutter, since he was the only one allowed to call her that.

"Good night, popstar. Dream of me."

"Good night, soapstar. Dream of me too."

Then they both hung up glad to have finally shared a phone call.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki