You + Me = ? by Jorie611


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +



Chapter 3

Maitland was looking over the new set of scripts that she had been handed earlier that morning. She was surprised to see that her predictions for her character were wrong. Her character, Cassie, would be getting a new love interest. This would mean that a new actor would be joining the cast of the soap opera.

Maitland was intrigued by the new twist in the script and was excited to see where it would go.

"Hey, Mait." Tess said walking up to her.

"Hey, Tess. You enjoying the new scripts we got?"

"Yeah, especially since I have way more lines for the next two episodes."

Maitland grinned. "That's cool. I get a new love interest and he and Cassie kiss in three episodes from now."

"Yeah, I noticed that. I wonder when we'll meet him."

"Probably when we start filming again. That's in like four days from now." Maitland said flipping pages in the script she held.

"Well I already have a good portion of my lines, so I'm not too worried about it."

"I know I'll have atleast the next episode or two ready for the first day of filming. But I still have quite a few lines to still read and memorize."

"You'll be fine. You're a pro." Tess said grinning at her.

"I know."

"Oh, so did you speak to JC last night?"

Maitland nodded her head. "Yeah, we had our nice little phone call. It was good to hear his voice. We're suppose to talk again today."

"That's good. Is he doing alright in Atlanta?"

"Yep, he told me his music is coming along. He sounded happy about it."

"I'm glad. I wanted everything to okay between you two."

Maitland smiled. "Well everything's fine. We were both just busy."

"Speaking of busy, I need to go memorize more lines in my dressing room on my own and then I have a meeting with one of the producers. So I'll see you later."

"Okay, Tess. I'll see you later." Maitland said and gave her a wave as she walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night in Atlanta, just as promised, Dallas had decided to take JC to a party. There were many people from the music and radio industries, as well as actors and actresses and fans who managed to sneak in.

JC and Dallas were enjoying a drink at the bar, when someone tapped JC on the shoulder. JC turned around and saw a familiar face. It was Eva Longoria.

JC smiled. "Hi Eva, I didn't know you'd be here. It's good to see you."

"Likewise, JC." Eva said and gave JC a hug as he stood up.

"So I hear you and Tony are engaged."

"Yep, we are. I'm so happy."

"Congratulations. I wish you two the best."

"Thanks. I'm still sorry things couldn't work between us. It means a lot that we're still civil enough to talk to one another."

"It's okay, Eva. You know I've been married for awhile now and I'm happy. I have no hard feelings. Once a friend, always a friend."

"Her name's Maitland, right?" Eva asked with a fake smile.

"Yes, that's my wife."JC answered with a smile.

"She's on Lost in Our Lost ?"

"Indeed, she is."

"What a coincidence! That's the first show I appeared on."

"Oh, that is a coincidence." JC said not amused by the fact.

"You should have her call me. I can talk to her about my glory days on the soap. I was the main actress on it for awhile, until I got Desperate Housewives."

"Well Maitland plays the lead female role. She's quite talented, but I'm pretty biased. I'll let her know that you would like to talk with her."

Eva grinned and then hugged JC again. "Well you take care and maybe we'll run into each other again soon. Bye, JC."

"Bye, Eva."

As soon as she was out of his sight, JC just shook his head and then took a sip of his drink.

"You just can't get away from ex-girlfriends, can you?" Dallas said with a chuckle.

JC turned to him and laughed too. "Nope,especially Eva. I mean the girl was cool when I dated her, but thank god I found Maitland."

"True dat, true dat."

"I'm suppose to call Maitland, in fact. So I think we should skip out of here early."

"Come on man, you're here in Atlanta! You gotta party it up. You leave in two days and you'll be working the rest of that time."

"I hear you man, but I'm not sure. I think I still should go to the hotel now."

Dallas looked down at his watch. It read 10:30 P.M. "JC, dude it's only what 7:30 back in LA. You can party it up for another couple hours and still reach the wife before she goes to bed."

JC thought for a moment and sighed. "You're right. I can call her just before she sleeps. She should still be up and even if she isn't she'll wake up to talk to me."

Dallas patted him on the shoulder glad to hear that JC wouldn't skip out early on him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was 10:30 P.M. in LA and Maitland was laying in her hotel bed. She knew it was 1:30 in the morning in Atlanta and she knew there was no chance of JC calling her. He most likely fell alseep fogetting to call her.

She was quite disappointed on the matter because she thought they would've spoken again today.

"Crap!" Maitland exclaimed and hit her forehead.

"I was suppose to call him! But that's not an excuse for him not to try and call me. He still should've called me." Maitland rambled to herself.

She sighed and realized that she'd have to fall alseep without hearing his voice and it didn't sit well with her. Yet, she knew he was busy and he probably thought about her even if he hadn't had the time to call her.

Maitland tried to close her eyes and fall alseep. After five or ten minutes of trying to fall alseep and stay still she reached out to her cellphone on the nightstand. She hit #1 on her speed dial.

"Hey, it's JC or Josh, depending on who you are. Um, I can't talk now, but leave a message and I will try to get back to you. " said the answering machine and then the beep sounded.

Maitland shut her phone and sighed. She hated the fact she hadn't talked to him, whether it was really her fault or not.

She eventaully found sleep, but not without shedding a few tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Crap! I should've called Maitland! She's totally in bed now." JC said to an amused Dallas.

"It's what, 2:30 in the morning here. So it's like 11:30 there."

"But, she's been memorizing and rehearsing new lines all day. She told me last night. There's no way she's still up."

"Sorry, dude. She'll understand. You just wanted to have a good time."

"You know, I'm tired and overdue for some sleep. I'm just gonna head back to the hotel now." JC said just wanting to leave the party.

"Suit yourself. I'll see you back in the studio. Let's change it to 2 o'clock , since I'll need to fit in some sleep ater I leave this par-tay!"

JC laughed. "Sure, man. Gives me more time for beauty sleep."

Dallas laughed and then followed a fine piece of ass that walked past them.

JC watched him follow the chick and laughed. Then he headed outside of the club to hail a taxi back to his hotel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JC made it to his hotel and fell onto the bed with a grin. It felt so good to finally be laying down.

JC slowly got himslef back up to change out of his clothes. Once stripped down to just a wifebeater and boxers, he reached for his cell phone and called Maitland's phone just in case she was awake.

He sighed when it went straight to her answering machine. He would just have to talk to her tomorrow. JC layed his phone on the nightstand and then pulled the nightstand drawer open. He had put a few of his things in it and found a photo of Maitland that he had stuffed into his suitcase.

He looked at the image of her long, dirty blonde hair beautifully placed past her shoulders and her brown eyes twinkling because of the smile she wore. He ran his fingers over the picture and smiled.

"I'll be home soon, Maity. Then we can talk forever if you want. Love you." JC said to the photo.

Then he sighed and placed it onto the nightstand. Then he let sleep find him.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki