You + Me = ? by Jorie611


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
you can always read this story at the JJB board, if it's easier for you. :)
Chapter 4

"In two days, Trent Keller, who will be playing the new character, Luke Pressly, will be here to film his first episode of the show. I trust that since you're going to be working with him the most since he'll be playing Cassie's love interest, that you'll help him out as he gets into the swing of things. " the executive producer of Lost in Our Lust said to Maitland in his office.

"Definitely, I know how hard it was when I was the new girl on set." Maitland said.

"But look at you now. You've become quite the actress since your first day here."

"Thanks, Mr. Sharpton." Maitland said with a smile.

"Well you go back to rehearsing your lines. I will see you later."

Maitland gave him a wave and then left his office. She hoped that this new Trent guy wouldn't be an ass to work with. She was now assigned to be his first friend and helper on the set and God help her if he wasn't easy to work with.

She walked down the hall wanting to return to her dressing room, but was stopped by her other friend, Bree. They had become friends ever since Bree first joined the soap opera a year ago.

"Mait, you probably want to look at this." Bree said and held out a newpaper.

Maitland took it from her. "What is it?"

"Turn to page 6. Someone should look familiar to you."

Maitland sighed and turned the paper to page 6. She scanned the page and her eyes landed on someone way too familiar.

"Josh." she said seeing a picture of him and Eva embraced in a hug. There was even a caption under the photo.

Is JC in Atlanta just to make music or does he have another plan? If he has another plan then Eva Longoria must be apart of it. The two look pretty comfortable together in this sweet embrace. Can we say so long to JC's Aussie wife? .

Maitland read the caption and looked at the picture over and over and it took all of her might to not tear up the paper or throw it.

She was pissed that someone, some sick tabloid writer, would do such a thing. Yet, in the back of her mind, there was some worry. For she hadn't spoken to JC yesterday and there was no telling what Eva was capable of. Could the little sex kitten be after her husband even after accepting Tony Parker's proposal?

Maitland tried shaking the bad thoughts off and looked at Bree who was still standing next to her.

"I can't believe this crap. I really hope it's all some misunderstanding and that JC wasn't partying with Eva when he should've been on the phone with me." Maitland said frustrated.

"You called him, JC." Bree commented, knowing Maitland rarely called her husband by his "stage" initials.

"That's because I need to talk to him and find out the truth. When I'm on the verge of being mad at him I don't call him Josh."

Bree just nodded.

"Well Bree, I better try calling him. I'll feel better once we talk. So I'll see you later when we have run through in an hour." Maitland said.

"Yeah, see you later."

Maitland stared back down at the paper in her hand and shook her head.

"Please let it all be okay."

When Maitland got to her dressing room she picke dup her phone and called JC, but got no answer. Talking to him would just have to wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JC had gotten a call from a radio station in Atlanta earlier in the morning and after finding out that he was in town, they immediately scheduled him to have an interview that afternoon.

So JC called Dallas to let him know they would have to delay their studio time even more. Then JC had headed over to the radio station hoping his on air interview would go on without a hitch.

"Good afternoon , Atlanta! We've got a special guest for you right now. Let's welcome super talented JC Chasez to the studio." the DJ exclaimed enthusiatically.

"Hey Atlanta, it's good to be here." JC said into the mic.

"It's good to have you here. So JC, you're in town working with producer Dallas Austin?"

"Yep, I am. He and I have come up with a great track for my 2nd album. We're going to try and finish another track later today."

"That's great man. You and Dallas together has got to be the bomb." JC laughed.

"You're working on your 2nd album, so are we hoping it way successful compared to Schizophrenic?"

"Of ourse dude, I mean every artist wants to see their album be successful. I realize Schizo didn't get all the sales I wanted, but it's just all about the music."

"So many artists give that crap, saying it's all about the music."

"Listen, dude it really is. Without the music would I be here in this studio and would I be JC Chasez -popstar? The answer is no."

"Well I heard rumors that you have a song in the works called "Until Yesterday". Something about your lover getting knocked up by another man." the DJ said.

JC was pissed. How the hell did the this DJ already know about a song that wasn't even complete yet.

"You're a jerk. I don't appreciate you finding stuff out and leaking it out there. It shoud be me who even brings up titles of my songs."

"Well sorry, JC. But you want to tell us about "Until Yesterday"?. Is it about Eva?"

"No dude, the song has nothing to do with Eva. She and I have been over for so damn long and she hasn't even had a baby."

"Did Tara cheat on you and have the baby?"

JC was doing all he could to remain calm. " Tara Reid and I were never like that. None of my past girlfriends even have babies. It's just a song, dude."

"But sometimes songs are inspired by real life."

"Yeah, dude, sometimes being the key word. This song is purely fictious. I just wanted to tell a story. A story that is not even based on my real life."

"Wait, hold on JC. That's lovely and all, but what about Lance being gay? Did he ever touch you sexually?"

JC fake laughed. "No, no dude. It wasn't like that. Can we just talk about the music?"

"So Lance never touched you or any of your former band mates?"

"No. Nothing of the sort happened. I really want to talk about my album. "

"JC, you told us your relationship with Eva has been long over, but this morning there was a tabloid with a picture of you to hugging at a club last night." the DJ said feeling proud of himself for bringing it up.

"It was just a hug. She's a friend and we just happened to be at the same club. In fact I was there with Dallas. It was just a simple case of bumping into a friend."

"But you looked awfully comfy against her body. Don't deny it."

"Listen, man, Eva is about to do something wonderful for herself. She's gonna marry Tony Parker."

"That doesn't mean you all ain't hooking up on the side."

"You're an idiot, dude. She's in love with Tony and she ain't after me."

"Oh my god, JC Chasez just called me an idiot!"

"You derserve it dude. I come here to talk about MY MUSIC and you be throwing out all this crap and asking me stupid questions."

"I'm sorry, man. Just trying to give the listeners the goods. So I heard "I'm Not Sleeping Alone" is another track to be on the album."

"Yep and I really like it. It's got a good rock vibe to it."

"So JC, are you really not sleeping alone? You sleeping with someone?"

"No comment." JC said with a mental picture of strangling the DJ in his head.

"But you have to be sleeping with someone. Schizo was full of sex songs. Some sex goddess had to have inspired them. I mean a pretty man like you has to be getting laid."

"That's it, dude! Can we freaking just let me say what I want to say about my music."

"You were once linked to some piece of ass from the Land Down Under weren't you?" the DJ asked knowing exactly what he was trying to get out of JC.

"Don't call her a piece of ass."

"Don't call who? You mean there is someone who's sleeping with you. So then is it that slutty Aussie girl who like won some stupid award in Australia and then thought she could break into soap operas?"

JC felt his whole body tense and couldn't believe the disrespect this DJ was giving him and was now giving Maitland.

"Dude, you must seriously be the worst DJ to interview me. That quote in quote "slutty Aussie girl" as you say is my wife."

"Oh, really JC, I had no clue."

"Whatever, dude. I'm married and you knew it man. Maitland and I have been married for over a year and we're happy. And she is not a @#%$ and she did not win some stupid award. My wife is so damn talented and I'm proud of all the awards she's won."

"Well how come you didn't bring her up earlier, JC? Is she the one who had another man's baby?"

"Listen dude, you've been so disrespectful and you didn't even let me talk about my music! I had no reason to talk about my wife, cause we don't throw our life together out there for eveyone to know about. Secondly, I told you my song was not based on real events and my wife has never had a baby."

"She doesn't even use your last name, does she? I heard she goes by Westbrook."

"Let me talk about my music. Dude, you're ridiculous. I shouldn't even answer you."

"It's true though, she doesn't use your last name."

"Her acting name is Maitland Westbrook, but legally it is Maitland Chasez."

"That's such crap. Then why wouldn't she use her "legal" name for her acting now? You think maybe it's so her fans still know who she is after she leaves you."

"That's it! I'm out of here. I wanted to talk about music! You wanted to talk about trash and disrespect myself, my wife, and my friends!" JC said rasing his voice and then left the studio.

The DJ just chuckled in delight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maitland and Tess were sitting in Tess' dressing room. They had finished a run through of the first new episode and had some down time. Tess had found out that her friend's husband was on an Atlanta radio station. So Tess found the live feed to the interview on the internet.

The two women had just heard the entire interview. Tess sat there in silence feeling bad for her friend and her husband. Maitland sat in her chair crying and wishing she could be there in Atlanta right now. Maitland wanted to punch that DJ and then engulf JC in a huge hug and kiss him crazily. But, unfortunately that wouldn't be happening.

"I should um......um...... call Josh." Maitland said wiping some tears.

"Go ahead, sweetie. He could use a call from you." Tess said and patted Maitland on the back.

"It just kills me how horrible that DJ was. Josh just wanted to have a nice interview where he simply talked about his music."

"I know. Go to your dressing room and call him."

"I will, but Tess?"

"Hmmm?"

"You know the picture of him and Eva from this morning?"

"What about it?" Tess said looking right at Maitland, who appeared scared with a few tears still streaming.

"It's just a stupid tabloid, right?"



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki