You + Me = ? by Jorie611


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 6

"So are you excited to start filming your first episode tomorrow?" Maitland asked her new co-star Trent Keller.

It was Thursday morning just after 9 o'clock and they had just finished running through the scene where their character's, Cassie and Luke, meet for the first time.

"Very excited. I know my mom and sister will both be proud of me for finally becoming a soap hunk." Trent answered with a grin.

Maitland chuckled.

"Well I'm sure you'll make your mama proud. Our run throughs of the first scene were really great. You're a natural."

"Thanks, but you made me great because you're such a pro." Maitland smiled.

"That's nice to say Trent, but seriously you're a perfect fit for this show and for your role."

"Thanks, Maitland."

Maitland looked at Trent and realized for the first time that morning how their was actually a small resemblence between Trent and JC. She giggled to herself.

"What's amusing?" Trent asked hearing the giggle.

"Oh nothing."

"You better not be laughing at me. You just met me."

"No, it's not you I'm laughing at. Well maybe you , but not YOU you."

Trent shook his head confused and raised an eyebrow.

"Can you explain, please."

"It's just um....you look like some one I know."

Trent laughed. "Oh, you had me worried for a moment."

"Anyways, why don't we run through the next scene? We've got the first scene down to a T." Maitland said flipping her script.

"Sure, sounds good."

Maitland and Trent started to read through a few lines, when Tess walked out towards them.

"Mait, can you two take a break for a moment? Apparently, you have a visitor on their way down here."

Maitland looked at Trent and she sighed. "Well you sit down on the couch here and I'll be back to read lines in a few. I apologize. I wasn't expecting anyone."

"No problem." Trent said and took a seat on the couch on the set.

"Did security say who it was?" Maitland asked as she walked to Tess.

"No, I was just coming out of my dressing room, when I heard from a guard that someone was coming to see Maitland Westbrook."

"Whoever it is, is a surprise." Maitland said.

Ten seconds later the door to the soundstage opened and Maitland's jaw dropped.

Standing there in the flesh and looking just as good as always was her husband.

"Josh!" she yelled happily and ran into his arms.

"Hey baby." JC said as he held her tight.

"What are you doing here? You're not suppose to be home until this evening." she asked looking up and refamiliarizing herself with his beautiful blue eyes.

"I had a cancellation with a producer and then I found myself a way earlier flight. So I decided I'd come here and surprise you."

"Well I'm glad you did. I'm so very happy to see you."

JC grinned and then kissed her.

"I love you, Maity." he said after he pulled away from the kiss.

"I love you too, Josh." she said and then initiated another kiss.

This kiss lasted longer and it was Tess' voice that pulled them away from one another.

"Mait, can you two make-out when you get home? Right now you have a scene to rehearse."

Maitland blushed and JC chuckled.

"Babe, Tess is right. I need to rehearse and then we can go home and become reacquainted."

"Okay, sweetie. Why don't I just go hang out in your dressing room. I don't want to be in the way."

Maitland grinned. "Sounds good. Tess will show you the way again."

JC smiled and pressed a kiss to Maitland's cheek and then followed Tess to find Maitland's dressing room.

Maitland turned to look at the set and Trent was sitting still on the couch reading his script.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting. Ready to rehearse?" Maitland asked as she took her place next to Trent.

"Sure, let's give it a go. Can I ask you a question before we start?"

"Ask away."

"Is the man who just visited you your boyfriend?"

Maitland grinned. "He's my husband."

"Oh, well that's wonderful. He's a lucky man."

Maitland blushed.

"Well I like to think he is, if he's married to me." Trent then laughed at her comment.

"So can we try the scene?" Maitland asked wanting to end practice as soon as possible to get to JC."

"Yeah, let's give it a whirl."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night, JC and Maitland were finally together alone in their own home.

The two of them were in their kitchen sitting at the dinner table. They had ordered in Chinese food and were chowing down on it.

"So who was that guy on set today? I know I've never seen him on any episodes I've watched." JC said.

"He's new to the show. He's playing Cassie's new love interest. In fact, the two of us were running through the first episode that his character appears in."

"Oh really. That sounds like an interesting storyline. So is he nice?"

"Trent. That's his name. Yeah, Trent has been nothing but nice so far. I think he'll fit in fine amongst all the cast members."

"Good, I'm glad. So will you two have a kissing scene?" JC asked knowing it was a stupid question.

"Um... yeah we will. I think it's the third episode Luke, Trent's character, appears in. So we'll be filming the kissing scene probably next week. "

"Remind me not to watch that episode." JC said playing with his chopsticks.

"Okay, I will." Maitland said softly.

"Don't think I didn't get a good look at him."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

JC stood up and picked up his empty carton, chopsticks, and napkin. Then he tossed them into the trash. JC then poured himself another cup of tea at the counter.

"It means that I know he's the type who'd wanna mack on another guy's wife."

"And you figured this out just by looking at him?" Maitland asked standing up from the table.

"Well, yeah. He's brand new to a soap opera and the first woman he's working with is this beautiful Australian woman. Oh and this man also happens to be attractive, well I mean woman would find him attractive."

Maitland stood at the counter next to JC in silent shock.

"Who are you? Mr. I Can Read Everyone's Real Motives?"

JC laughed lightly. "No, BUT I do know what COULD be on his mind. I just don't want him or anyone else taking MY beautiful Australian woman away from me."

"Josh, you have nothing to worry about. Trent isn't like that and why would I go after him , if I have you?"

JC put his arms around her waist and pulled her against him.

"Ok, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have even brought him up. I know where your heart lies."

Maitland looked into his blue eyes and a silly grin took over her face. "It's okay, Josh. I know how much you love me and how much it would hurt you if you lost your sweet, sexy Aussie."

JC then kissed her.

"I'd never want to lose you. The moment you walked into my life I knew you had to stay in it forever. I'm sorry for getting jealous, but I've got to protect my most valuable possession."

"You don't own me." Maitland said with sass.

"Well maybe I don't own you per se, but you have taken vows to love me forever and well you did take my last name as well." JC siad trying to make his point.

"I hear what you're saying, baby. You know that I could look at every other man in this world and every time I'd still choose YOU."

"Well, now. How about we end this stupid shennanigan and just go to the bedroom." JC said with a sexy grin.

"So you want to have some naughty?" Maitland asked with a blush creeping up her cheeks.

JC simply nodded.

"Well then you'll have to catch me." Maitland said and she ran as fast as she could away from him.

JC laughed and then starting running after her. "I'll catch you, baby. Don't worry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JC and Maitland were lying in their bed under the covers and cuddled up to one another. They had made love and were now simply enjoying one another's company.

"You were fantastic as always. You're such a freak, but I love it." Maitland said and turned her head to kiss his cheek.

JC blushed. "Well you're such a tiger in bed too. Don't ever change that. I love you, Maity."

"I love you too, Josh."

Then they shared another kiss.

"So do you have any plans for the rest of your time home?" Maitland asked running her hand up and down his chest.

"Actually, I don't, because I ......"

"You're here for another two weeks, before you leave. I'm sure we can find plenty of fun things to do." Maitland interrupted him.

"Baby, you didn't let me finish. My schedule got changed again."

"It did?" she asked looking up at him.

"Mmhmm. You won't like it either. I don't like it myself."

"That doesn't sound good. So what's the new change in schedule?"

"I have to catch a flight to London tomorrow night. I got the call when I was in your dressing room."

Maitland sat up and thought she heard wrong.

"You're leaving tomorrow night, like as in like 24 hrs?"

"More like 21 hours."

"No, Josh!"

"Yes, baby. I have to."

"No, you don't. Go to London another time."

"I can't. This is the one time to make it happen. Timbaland and Justin will both be there and it's my one chance to work with the two of them."

"Couldn't you atleast get Justin to just come to LA to work with you?"

"Maity, he has a busy schedule too. I can't ask him to reschedule his whole life for me."

Maitland layed back down and she sighed.

"This sucks!" she yelled and cuddled back up to JC.

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry you can't win this time. I would stay if I could, but it's just the way the cookie has to crumble this time." JC said and kissed her forehead.

"Well how long will you be in London?"

"Four days."

"Then after London, do you get to come straight home?"

"No, baby." JC said sighing. He hated breaking news about schedule changes to her.

"NO!? What the hell!? Is the devil like changing your scehdule and wanting us to be miserable without one another?"

"Then I guess that means Jive is the devil." JC said with a chuckle.

"Don't laugh. You're not going to see my beautiful face in the flesh for a long time and here you are laughing." Maitland said slightly annoyed.

"Sorry. You just make me laugh sometimes at the worst moments."

"So answer me. What comes after London?"

"I'll be stopping in New York. I have to mix a song there. Then I also have to host some event. I'll probably be in New York for four days as well."

Maitland felt like she wanted to cry, but fought hard not to.
"Josh, that's like another 8 days not seeing you. I mean I know we've been apart a lot longer than that before, but I swear it just gets harder and harder to let you go."

"I know, sweetie. I'm sorry that my career tears us away from one another, but you know it's not the end of the world."

"I know, and don't apologize. Your music makes you happy and I'm happy when you're happy." Maitand said and kissed him.

The kiss lingered on for what seemed forever, but broke apart when JC and Maitland both needed air.

"I'm going to miss you horribly." Maitland said.

"As will I." JC said and pulled her as close to him as he could.

"I'm going to call in sick tomorrow. I won't rehearse anything. I'd rather stay here and spend the day with you and help you pack."

"You don't have to do that."

"I WANT to. You're going to be gone for over a week and were just gone this past week. I'm willing to give up rehearsal time to hang with you all day tomorrow. I'll even take you to the airport myself." Maitland said sternly.

"Okay, baby. You and I will be attached to the hip all day tomorrow. But now, let's get some sleep."

Maitland cuddled up closer to him and rested her head on his chest.

"Sweet dreams, Josh. I love you."

"Sweet dreams, Maity. I love you too."

Then the two of them fell asleep in one another's arms for what would be their only night sleeping together for awhile.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki