You + Me = ? by Jorie611


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 7

Maitland woke up to find that JC had left her alone in the bed. She frowned, thinking he would have wanted to stay in bed with her since he was leaving that night.

She slid out of the bed and then walked into her closet to put some clothes on. After throwing on some comfy jeans and a t-shirt, Maitland walked downstairs in search of her husband.

She walked into the kitchen and smiled seeing that he left the orange juice out. He also left half of a bagel with cream cheese sitting on a plate. So he had eaten breakfast. That was one thing she knew for sure, but where in the house was he.

Maitland sighed walking out of the kitchen and through the family room. Then she opened the door leading to the basement. The best place to look for him now was in his studio downstairs.

She took the steps that led down to the studio and stopped at the bottom step. She saw JC sitting in his chair behind the soundboard with a guitar in his hands. He was strumming a few chords.

"What do you think you're doing?" Maitland asked from her place at the bottom step.

JC turned around like he had been caught red-handed and hesitantly formed a smile on his face.

"Good morning, baby." he said swiveling his chair to face her.

"Good morning to you too. What are you doing down here? I thought you would've stayed in bed with me." Maitland said taking steps closer to him.

"I was just um finding everything I need for the next week from down here. I have some lyrics, tapes, and stuff I should pack."

Maitland shot him a look. "Just finding everything?! Yeah, right! You were just sitting there strumming your guitar. Oh and what's that? Your computer is on. That means someone has been working down here."

JC nervously chuckled.

Maitland walked to the computer that JC had next to the soundboard where he input lyrics, guitar chords, midi tracks, etc. She moved the mouse and clicked onto the file he had open. It was a file with chord progressions and it looked newly updated, as in updated just minutes ago.

"Did I say you could touch my stuff?" JC said knowing he'd been caught , but slightly bothered that she was touching his equipment.

"Listen, pal, me touching this computer should be the least of your worries. You're leaving in like 9 hours and you decide to come down here and work, which is what you'll be doing the whole time you're gone, instead of spending your last hours with me."

"You're right, it's just I got some inspiration. I heard these chords in a dream last night and well I had to play them and input them into the computer."

"Yeah, yeah. I get it, Music Man." Maitland said with a smile and then took a seat in his lap after he set his guitar down.

JC wrapped his arms around her and Maitland turned her head to face him. Their eyes locked and then they shared a kiss.

When JC pulled away he had an amused sparkle in his eyes. Maitland looked at him curiously.

"What's so funny, Josh?"

"You come down here telling me I shouldn't be down here, but YOU forgot that you were suppose to film an episode today."

"Oh crap! I was! I forgot! I was just going to call in sick thinking it was a rehearsal." Maitland cried out.

"BUT, because I'm ME, when I got the phone call from the director wondering where you were, I told him that you're in bed with a fever and that I might even have to cancel my own plans to stay home with you." JC told her proudly.

"Thanks for lying for me, babe."

"No problem, but he said the moment you no longer have a fever that you should call him and get yourself to the studio."

Maitland sighed. "Well then I'll be sick all day and tomorrow I'll film. It's not that huge of a setback."

"You're so sneaky. You're perfectly fine and no one, but you and I know it."

"The life of a soap star." Maitland said with a giggle.

JC chuckled. "A rotten soap star."

She playfully hit his arm.

"Now be nice, I'm only being deceitful so I can be with you today."

"I didn't ask you to."

"I know, but I told you I wanted to."

"You've already told me that, but it still wasn't necessary."

Maitland hopped off of his lap and then stood facing him with a stern look.

"What's up with all of this "you didn't have to" crap?"

JC shrugged his shoulders.

"Don't you realize you're going to be gone for 8 days and it's going to be lonely without you? I'm going to be coming home all of next week to an empty house and no one in my bed. JC, you can't honestly sit there and act like it's no big deal!"

JC sighed and put his face in his hands. He stayed sitting there in silence for a moment and then moved his hands .

"Listen, I know that you aren't going to like being alone. It's just that I'd never ask you to sacrifice time out of your job or even put your career in jeopardy just to send me off to another city."

"I'm not putting my career in jeopardy and I'm just doing what any other wife would want to do."

"Mait, answer me this. How many times have I been away from home so far this year?"

Maitland started to count on her fingers, but quickly gave up.

"I don't know. It's hard to keep track."

"Which proves my point. You can't remember how many times I've left you because it's become such a normal occurrence."

Maitland crossed her arms and gave him a disgusted look. "Just because you've been away more times than I can count doesn't mean that I like it or get use to it. So what do you want me to do, JC?"

JC stood up from his chair and then picked up his guitar from off the floor. Then he put the guitar into its case.

"You can do whatever you want. I'm going to gather up everything I need and then I'll be upstairs."

Maitland watched him walk over to his keyboard and turn it off, as well as put a cover over it. She hated how he just non-chalantly continued on with his business and she was the one getting upset.

Maitland sighed and walked up the stairs. JC heard her leave and let out a sigh as well.

He knew that she wasn't a happy camper at the moment and he probably could've not said certain words, but he hadn't meant to make her upset. She just still hadn't entirely adapted to the lifestyle the two of them led.

After JC gathered up the stuff he needed he went upstairs.


JC found Maitland sitting at the table in their kitchen eating the half of the bagel he'd not eaten.

JC took a seat across from her and noticed how she picked up the newspaper next to her and started to pretend to read it.

After watching her for five minutes, JC slowly grabbed the newspaper away from her.

"Hey, I was reading that." Maitland said not looking up at him.

"No,you weren't. Don't ignore me." JC said gently.

"I wasn't."

"Yes, you were."

"So what if I was? It wouldn't matter."

"What do you mean it wouldn't matter?" JC asked with a puzzled expression.

Maitland glanced up at him and then turned her head away. "It's not like you're going to miss me. So why should you mind me not talking to you?"

"Maitland!" he hissed. "How dare you think I won't miss you, baby. I will! Just because I'll miss you doesn't mean that I wouldn't want you to still go do your job."

"Why do you do this? You can't accept it when I actually want to take time out of my schedule to spend time with you."

JC sighed. "I know in your heart that I come first, but I also know that acting is your first love right after me and I wouldn't want you to give it up for me. I wouldn't want you to get in trouble or have setbacks because of me. It's just I'm so use to being the nice guy and not asking others to sacrifice for me. So when you're the one who wants to do the sacrificing it sometimes just feels weird to me and I handle it the wrong way. I'm sorry, Maity."

Maitland grinned and stood up from the table. Then she walked behind JC and wrapped her arms around his neck from behind. Then she leaned over and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Apology accepted." she whispered in his ear.

JC then stood up from his chair and then pulled her into a hug.

"I love you, Maity."

"I love you too, Josh."

JC grinned and then kissed her lips. They both savored the kiss.

"You need to get better at letting me do nice things for you." Maitland told him when she pulled away from the kiss.

"I'll try."

Maitland smiled. "Good."

"So then what shall we do now?"

"I don't know. What would you like to do since you'll be the one out of town."

JC pondered it for a moment and then whispered into her ear." I didn't sleep in this morning with you, so let's go make up for that."

Maitland grinned."So basically you're saying you want your last round of making love before you go without it for 8 days?"

JC just nodded his head. Maitland grabbed his hand and led him to their bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After having their fun under the sheets, sharing a shower, and doing some laundry, JC and Maitland were back in their bedroom. It was time to pack JC's suitcases.

Maitland sat on the edge of their bed and JC was looking down at his empty suitcase.

"What am I going to pack?" JC asked.

"You act like you've never had to pack before." Maitland said with a chuckle.

JC looked at her and stuck his tongue out. "I just want to make sure I pack well and don't forget anything."

"I know. I know. So you're going to be gone for 8 days. So throw in eight shirts and maybe five or six pairs of pants. A tie or two for good measure. Maybe a jacket or two. Oh and probably like four pairs of shoes. You'll also need underwear and socks. Plus, any other accessories you might want or need."

JC looked at her with a smile, but confusion as well.

"Mait, you just told me all good stuff, but you rattled it off too fast."

She laughed and then listed everything again for him much slower.

"Can you help me pick out shirts?"

She stood up from the bed and then followed JC into the walk-in closet. The two of them looked at JC's half of the closet overwhlemed by his huge collection of shirts to choose from.

"Why don't you just pick the shirts and pack them for me." JC said.

"I guess I can. You want t-shirts and dress shirts?"

"A nice variety, please. So I won't be caught wearing the wrong thing at the wrong time. I don't need any "JC Chasez caught in a cheap t-shirt at a classy club" tabloid."
JC said and then they both chuckled.

"So will you then be clubbing in London and New York?"

"Only if time allows and I feel like it."

Maitland grinned hearing his answer. She knew JC wanted to have fun and she WANTED him to have fun, but she wasn't the biggest fan of him clubbing without her. Putting one beloved popstar in a club where anything could happen was not a smart thing to do in her opinion, but she could never express that.

"Well it'll be nice if you're not holed up in the studio forever. I know you're such a damn hard-worker, but some break-time would do you good."

"Yeah, I know. So are you going to pick out my clothes? 'Cause my suitcase ain't packing itself."

"Yeah, I will. Why don't you pick out pants while I pick out the shirts."

JC nodded.

Then ten minutes later they stood in front of JC's suitcase each holding clothing to fold and pack into it.

JC watched Maitland nicely fold his shirts and place them in his suitcase.

"You made some good selections." he said.

"Thanks, but I jus hope I won't see your name in the tabloids for any fashion faux pas. 'Cause then I might be held responsible."

JC laughed. "Don't worry. I think I've worn everything we're packing before."

Maitland then took his slection of pants from him and then packed those away as well.

"So we've got your pants and shirts. Grab some shoes and underwear." Maitland ordered.

JC walked into the closet and brought out two pairs of gym shoes and two pairs of dress shoes.

"Good boy." Maitland said pleased.

"I'm not uncapable of packing shoes." JC said sensing her sarcasm.

"I know, but I just called you a good boy because you picked out your shoes so well."

JC just smiled.

"So I need underwear still?"

"Yes."

JC walked to his dresser and opened the top drawer. He pulled out a sufficient supply of boxers. Then he tossed them at Maitland who was sitting on the floor in front of his suitcase.

The boxers landed all around her and one even landed on her lap. Maitland laughed.

"Do you know how many women would want JC Chasez's underwear tossed at them?"

"No, and I don't really care." JC said.

"Well that's comforting. I better be the only woman having the pleasure of it."

"You are." JC said giving her a wink.

Maitland grinned and then reached around her to collect all the boxers. Then she folded them into his suitcase.

"So what else do you want to pack?" Maitland asked.

"Well I still need socks and a couple of ties and maybe two or three belts."

"Okay, baby. Why don't I just grab them for you?"

"Sure, I'll just watch you be my personal packer."

Maitland chuckled. "You better appreciate it, cause I don't just pack for anybody."

"Well I'm the only "anybody" you should be packing for anyways." JC said.

Maitland grinned. She was going to miss there humor filled banter while JC was away.

She gathered the rest of the items JC would need and put them into his suitcase. JC watched her with great appreciation.

"Am I all packed now?" he asked as Maitland took a seat on the bed next to him.

"Yes, you are. I don't know what what you're doing with your music stuff."

"Oh, that will go in my messenger bag."

"Then I'd say you're good to go." Maitland said wrapping her arms around him and resting her chin on his shoulder.

"Thanks, baby. It's so much better packing when you're here to help me."

"No problem. I love you my sexy popstar."

"Well I love you too my sultry soapstar."

"I wish you could pack me." Maitland said sadly.

"Me too, but maybe another time you could accompany me."

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

Maitland lifted her head up off of his shoulder and then turned to kiss his cheek. JC turned his head and then met his lips with her lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that evening JC and Maitland were at the airport waiting at the gate for JC's flight number to be called. The two of them were sitting alone savoring their last moment before JC had to board the plane and leave LA.

"So will please call me when you have the time?" Maitland asked holding JC's hand in hers.

"Of course." he answered and squeezed her hand.

"Good, because you have no idea how nice it is to hear your voice after long days of taping the soap opera."

JC grinned. He knew very well because Maitland had the same effect on him after long days of working. Her accent always cheered him up.

"If anyone calls our house for me, please jot down their numbers and any messages."

"I will, Josh. Don't worry."

"Oh and do me a favor. Go back to work tomorrow and act your cute little behind off. I'm really excited to see how your new storyline turns out."

Maitland chuckled. "I promise i will, but I thought you said you wouldn't want to watch it."

"Well I'll just turn my head the other way when you have to kiss your new boy toy. Otherwise, I secretly enjoy your soap opera. Especially, that hot Aussie girl."

"Well you're in luck because she's sitting right next to you and oh she's married to you too."

JC laughed and Maitland joined in.

"Oh, I hate sending you off." Maitland said as the first call for JC's flight was heard over the intercom.

"That's my flight. I know you do, but hopefully we'll get a lot longer time together before you have to do it again."

JC then tuuged at her hand and they stood up.

"You wanna a hug?" Maitland asked softly.

"Yes, silly! Why wouldn't I?" JC asked with a smile.

Maitland tossed him a sad smile and then engulfed him into a hug.

"I'm going to miss you lots and lots." she whispered into his ear.

"Ditto."

"Josh, can't you say something better than "ditto"?"

He grinned. "Sorry, I meant to say I'll miss you very, very much and it'll be hard to be without you."

"Mmm, much better."

JC then kissed her and when he pulled away Maitland pulled him back to her and initiated another kiss.

"Sweetie, I could stand here and kiss you all day, but I need to board the plane." JC said breathless after another kiss.

"Okay, okay. Well I love you." she said pointing her finger into his chest. "Don't forget that and please come back to me so we can have more fun in the bedroom."

JC chuckled."Oh, you know I will. I love you too, Maity."

"I guess this is it then. I'll be waiting to here from you soon after you get settled in London."

"I'll call you. Don't worry."

Maitland gave him one last hug and then pecked his lips one last time.

"Later, baby. I'll be home again before you know it." JC said and turned to walk away from her to board the plane.

"Josh!" she yelled.

He turned back around.

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

"I love you too." he said and gave her a wave.

She waved back and then watched him give his boarding pass to a worker and walk through the tunnel to board the plane.

She sighed and was glad that she was able to send him off without any tears being shed.

Little did she know those unshed tears would find their way down her cheeks a few days later.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki