You + Me = ? by Jorie611


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 8

Maitland was on the set of Lost in Our Lust filming an episode of the highly-rated soap.

She was standing off stage waiting for the other actors to come out of wardrobe to shoot the next scene. Maitland reached into her pocket and looked at her cell phone to see if anyone had called since she last checked it. Unfortunately, there were no missed calls, nor messages.

It was now day three without her husband and Maitland still never heard from him. It both bothered her and worried her. There was a time not too long ago where JC would've been on top of things and called her the moment his plane landed, but now he seemed less and less likely to fulfill his promise of calling her on a timely manner. It was something that was hard for Maitland to come to the realization of.


She sighed and wish she could talk to him, but with him traipsing around London and on his way soon to New York, she felt that she should let him do the calling.

Her new co-star Trent walked out wearing a nice shirt and slacks and smiling. He tapped on her shoulder and she turned to look at him.

"Hey Trent." she said kindly mustering up a smile.

"Hi, you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm doing okay. Are you set to do the restaurant scene?"

Trent saw the director taking his place and the cameras being set into position.

"Yes, I am and it looks as the crew is too."

Maitland took steps toward the set and Trent followed her. They both then took their seats at a table.

The director then gave them their countdown and the he yelled "Action!"".

Luke and Cassie are both sitting at the same table having a friendly conversation while waiting for other friends.

Cassie takes a sip of water and then gives Luke a smile.

"So why are you here in town? Why would a single man like yourself be here in Constance?" she asks.

Luke swallows his own sip of water and then gives Cassie a heartwarming smile back.

"Well I hear there are pretty women around here. Yourself included."

Cassie blushes and laughs.

"But seriously?"

"Well Miss Williams, I found out that a long lost brother of mine is suppose to live here and my friend Wyatt just moved here last year. So he is suppose to help me figure out who in Constance is my brother."

"I know, Wyatt. He's a fine man, but not my type."

Luke grinned. "Then what is your type?"

Cassie dreamily sighs over Luke, but snaps out of it when he bangs a spoon on his glass of water.

""Huh?" Cassie asks puzzled.

"I asked what is your type? What kind of man do you desire?"

Luke gives Cassie a good look over and likes what he sees while waiting for her reply.

"For starters any man who wants to listen to me talk is a good man."

Trent then reaches his hand to hers and caresses it gently.

"Well I could definitely listen to you anytime."

Cassie quickly moves her hand out of Luke's grasp and then stands up from the table seeing her friend walk through the restaurant door.

Luke just shakes his head and sighs.

"Cut!" the director yells.

Maitland and Trent then both leave the set relieved to have finished another scene without having to redo it.

"You were great." Trent said walking behind Maitland and then slowly put his arm around her shoulders.

"Um, I suppose I was. Thanks, Trent and you too." she said feeling a little weird with her his arm around her.

"You want to get some coffee after we shoot the last scene of the episode?"

"No, thanks Trent. I should go home right after and get some rest. We continue on with taping tomorrow, bright and early."

"Oh, okay, well I just thought I'd ask."

Maitland grins and then reaches behind her to slowly peel his arm off of her.

Trent gives her an embarrassed expression as if he truly didn't realize where he'd placed his arm.

"You know Trent, it's been nice meeting you and working with you so far, but I just would like it if you'd keep your hands to yourself when we're not filming."

"That's right, you're married. It slipped my mind."

"Yes, I am married and I want you to remember that." Maitland said looking at Trent and wishing his blue eye's were JC's instead.

"Of course, Maity."

The sound of her endearing nickname coming from his mouth and not her husband's made Maitland freeze and she felt almost violated. As if something private ad reserved for only her lover had been tarnished by an outsider.

"NEVER, call me that. It's Maitland to you. Nothing more and nothing less." she told Trent sternly and with a warning look in her eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just thought it was a usual nickname."

"It's not, so please never use it again."

Trent just nodded.

"Then I might as well go back to wardrobe and see if I need anything else for the last scene."

"Yeah, okay. I'll see you later then when we get to the very last scene." Maitland said just wanting the day to finally end.

Trent walked away from her and Maitland wondered what his whole deal of asking her out for coffee was about. Even, him saying "Maity" still rang in her ears in an eerie way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Maitland got home later that evening, she came home to the empty house wanting to just sleep.

She'd grabbed the mail from the mailox and a couple of papers off of the porch and then had walked into the kitchen.

Maitland made herself a glass of water and then skimmed through the mail to see what was of importance. Then she noticed that one of the newspapers, she'd grabbed actually had tabloids in it.

She decided to read it over in bed, while drinking her water. So Maitland headed upstairs to her and JC's bedroom to do just that.

Maitland changed into a night gown and then slid under the covers of the bed. She sat up just a little against the headboard to read some of the newspaper that caught her eye.

"Celebrities Having Fun in London!!!"

That was the headline that caught Maitland's eye when she got to the entertainment section of the newspaper.

She saw some pictures of celebrities and there in black and white with what seemed to be a young woman was a shot of JC. He wore a grin and also appeared to be in a nice shirt with a tie.

"He freaking goes to London and I have to lay here in bed looking at a picture with him beside some wannabe Mrs. Chasez, when ME the Mrs. Joshua Chasez hasn't freaking heard from him in three days and is being hit on by a co-star that Josh would want to punch for calling me Maity and wrapping his arm around me. What the hell is even happening anymore!?" Maitland ranted outloud and tossed the newspaper out of her sight.

She then layed her head on her pillow and then reached out to JC's. She ran her hand over his pillow and then pulled it towards herself. She could smell his scent lingering on it and she then squeezed it tight against her chest.


Maitland rolled over so she wouldn't have to face his empty space in the bed and then the waterworks happened. Tears started trickling down Maitland's cheeks as she clutched on to his pillow.

"It's amazing how bad you can feel in three days." Maitland whispered to herself and looking at JC's picture on her nightstand.

Wiping her eyes, Maitland flipped over the picture and tried to get her mind off of her beloved Josh, but it was hard. Sleep wouldn't be easy to find.

Maybe a soapstar and a popstar were not meant to find lasting love. Even, Maitland's best friend from back home in Australia, Adelaide, had been skeptical of Maitland and JC's nuptials. Adelaide almost skipped out on being a bridesmaid for Maitland.

Of course, Maitland never relayed any skeptical thoughts from anyone to JC. She had wanted him from the very beginning. One meeting with him confirmed how much better of a man he was compared to all the losers she'd dated in the past. He was special and she had decided to take the chance on him.

Maitland ended up falling asleep, but not without JC's pillow still tight in her hold and tears drying on her cheeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JC was laying in his hotel bed in London and it was about 10 A.M. meaning it was still middle of the night back in LA where Maitland was sleeping in their bed.

JC was staring at the ceiling and trying to remember what had happened the past two nights he'd gone clubbing in London, but his liquor must have gotten the best of him.

He knew he'd danced some and partied it up with a few other celebrity friends, but some of the specifics had gotten hazy.

It also didn't help that JC also layed there wondering how Maitland was. He felt very melancholy about it. JC's phone service had been getting messed up while overseas and he'd been in the studio when not out at clubs. He felt partly guilty, but also innocent as well.

"She should just come with me when I travel." JC said to himself. "But then she would most likely have to quit her soap opera and she'd never do that."

He sighed thinking that some more sleep might help since he'd be taking a flight to New York that day, but sleep wasn't a cure for the blues JC felt.

Yet, he fell asleep only if to lose himself in a dream for a couple more hours.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki