Young Again by elysenavidad


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
I wrote this awhile ago. It's originally a part of a series about the guys childhoods, but I decided that I didn't like all of the stories, so I'm only posting one or two.
"I proudly present to you, the graduating class of 1990!" Hundreds of blue hats flew into the air as the crowd of proud families shouted and clapped for their loved ones. As the applause died down, each graduated senior walked off the bleachers with pride and excitement towards what they would accomplish in the years to come. And as eighteen year old Chris joined his mother and two sisters, he smiled. ‘Now I can help Mom pay the bills.' Chris thought to himself. His family was not what you would call rich. A single mother trying to raise three children was not exactly easy. They lived in a run down trailer park, sometimes without heat. But Chris' mother, Beverly, was strong. And she brought her children up to be even stronger than she would ever be. Chris, his sisters, and their mother all climbed into their beat up car and prayed that they could make it home on what little gas they had left. As they pulled into the entrance of the trailer park, Chris thought ‘I'm gonna get Mom and everyone else out of this dump! They deserve better.' Finally, they parked in front of their trailer. His sisters ran up onto the porch, which Chris speculated would collapse at any moment, and waited impatiently for their mother to open the door. After Beverly had unlocked it and let her two antsy daughters in, she glanced back at Chris, who was watching the whole ordeal.

"Are you coming, son?" She questioned.

Chris sighed. "Of course." After his sisters had been put to bed, Chris joined his mother on the floor in the living room.

"My baby boy is all grown up." Chris smiled at his mother's comment.

"Mom." He turned on his side to face her.

"Yes, Chris."

"How am I going to pay for college?"

"I was waiting for that." Beverly sighed. "I've gotten in touch with your father." She paused. Chris' eyes widened. "Now before you scream and shout let me finish."

"All right."

"I told him that we couldn't pay for any of your schooling." Chris nodded. "And he's agreed to pay for your full tuition." Chris was outraged, but yet, ecstatic at the same time.

"And where has he been the past eighteen years of my life?" He shouted. Remembering that his sisters were asleep, Chris lowered his voice. "When we had no heat, or electricity! When Molly had to walk in the snow all the way to school with thin soled shoes on! When you were sick and I had to work three jobs to pay for your medicine!" Tears welled up in Chris' chocolate brown eyes. "Why is he all of a sudden entering our lives?"

"Because." Beverly really didn't know why. ‘Chris definitely had a point, why was his father all of sudden so active?' She thought.

"Can I tell you something?" Chris asked.

"Of course, sweet heart."

"I'm scared."

"What are you scared of?"

"Leaving you." Chris sighed. "I'm afraid when I go off to college things will get even worse than they are already."

"We'll be fine." His mother reassured him.

"That's not the only thing. I never was accepted at school. College is such a huge change, and I don't think I'm ready for this big step."

"You are more than ready, and don't worry about what others say."

"I know I shouldn't care, really, but I do. I want more than anything to have a best friend. And I want to be able to just make everything in our lives better, I want to be young again!"

"What is so great about being a kid again? You don't get to make your own decisions, and you...."

Chris interrupted. "Because, I don't want to enter the real world! I want to stay in a land of candy and toys, I want to be able to just goof off and not worry about anything."

"Is this what it's all about? You don't want to enter the real world. Chris, the real world is a lot better than you're making it seem."

"For you it is." Chris mumbled.

"And it will be for you. It may be tough at first, and you may just want to give up, but don't! Don't let whatever gets you down keep you down. You are an amazing person, Chris, and don't let anyone tell you different. Jus step into the world knowing what you know, and knowing also that I love you. I always have and I always will."

"I love you too, Mom."




© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki