A Night At the Movies by popdiva


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
This is a short story which is sadly based on an event in my life (sadly no one rescued me from the pawing date--LOL!). It was meant to be a longer story, but for now this is it.
It was a rare night out alone for him. He ducked into the theatre just as the lights were dimming which was perfect timing as far as he was concerned. As part of a famous music group, JC Chasez was trying to lie low. He pulled his cap down lower out of habit and quickly found a seat on the aisle where he could stretch out his long legs.
The previews were just starting when a movement in front of him caught his eye. JC watched as the guy in front of him tried to put the moves on the girl sitting next to him. It was obvious to JC that the guy’s moves were unappreciated and he had a hard time not laughing.
JC shook his head. How could this clown not realize that she had moved as far away from him as possible short of changing her seat? She repeatedly removed his hand from her knee and shoulder, but even that wasn’t getting through to him. When he leaned over to kiss her, she leaned even further away.
The movie started, and JC settled in to watch the show rather than the scene being enacted in front of him. After a few minutes, his curiosity got the better of him and he let his eyes drift back to her again. He could see that the girl was really into the movie, but the bozo she was with was more interested in her. JC watched as her frustration grew. He decided to help her out.
The woman three seats down from him was getting up. He loosened the lid on his pop and as he stood to let her pass, he spilled his drink in the bozo’s lap, ice and all.
“Oh, man! I’m so sorry,” he apologized. JC caught the girl’s eye and winked. She grinned back at him.
The Bozo excused himself to go and get cleaned up. The girl leaned over the back of her seat and smiled at JC. He noticed she was cute. “Thank you,” she whispered.
“My pleasure,” he replied. “Do you want to get out of here before he comes back?”
She nodded and bolted out of her seat quickly. They met in the aisle. He took her hand and the two of them ran out of the theatre giggling. They ducked out the back exit and leaned up against the wall laughing, trying to catch their breath.
“I’m Amy,” she smiled as she offered her hand.
“JC.” They shook hands, and he gave her hand a squeeze before releasing it.
They started walking with no particular destination in mind. Their sole object was to put some distance between them and the guy.
“You know what sucks, JC? I really wanted to see that movie.”
“Maybe you were seeing it with the wrong guy,” he suggested.
“Oh, and I suppose the right guy would be you?” she teased.
“You never know, I could be,” he grinned.
“Yeah,” she sighed. “Maybe you could. Of course, anyone would be an improvement on that guy!”
“Gee, thanks!” he said with sarcasm dripping from his voice.
She laughed and he soon joined her.
“Hey, want to get an ice cream?” he asked as they came upon a Dairy Queen.
“Sure, why not?”
With ice cream in hand, they continued to walk. “There’s a park just over here, why don’t we go sit there?” she asked. JC followed her and they soon found a bench near the river where they sat and talked.
“So, no offence, Amy, but how did you end up with the Bozo?”
“Bozo, huh? Good name for him,” she laughed. “OK, this is totally lame, but I thought we were friends. You know, two friends going out to see a movie. Next thing I know, he’s got his arm around me and is trying to stick his tongue down my throat! I mean, how weird is that? A little warning would have been nice!”
“You wanted him to warn you that he was going to kiss you?”
“No! I mean, we went from friends to him being all gropey. He could have hinted that he had feelings for me or something before trying to molest me. Then I would have tried to let him down easy. As it is, I ran away.” She thought about it some more, and started to get angry. “Where does he get off? It’s not like I gave him any reason to think we were something other than friends. I swear, he’s lucky you spilled your drink on him, ‘cause I was about ready to haul off and sock him one!”
“Aw, man! I would have liked to see that!” JC smiled.
“JC, you obviously saw what was going on, right?” he nodded. “So, could I have made it any more clear that when I said ‘no’, I meant it?”
He shook his head, “No, you were crystal clear.”
“So why didn’t he listen? What if we weren’t in a public place?” she shivered, not enjoying the possibilities.
“Ames,” JC said softly, “You’re OK. You would have been fine, ‘cause you would have nailed him! You know, like in ‘Miss Congeniality’, SING, solaplex, instep, nose, groin!”
She chuckled. “Gotta love Sandra!”
“You know it! She’s hot!” He smiled, then turned serious. “Ames, please tell me you’re not planning on hanging out with the Bozo any more.”
“Why do you keep calling me Ames?”
“I don’t know. Why? Does it bother you?”
“Nah, it’s cool. Look, JC, you don’t need to worry about me, OK? I’m not going near that guy again. If he thinks we’re even going to be friends after what he pulled, he’s got another think coming.”
He squeezed her hand. “Good. Hey, do you think it’s safe for us to go back to the theatre? He should be gone by now, don’t you think?”
“Geez, I hope so!”
They got up and walked back towards the theatre.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki