Right life, Wrong mind by Wittylyricst27


Number of reviews: 14
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:

Thanks for enjoying the story so far. Hope you enjoy this next chapter- its a long one.

enjoy!

Waking up a little I looked at the clock and saw it was only seven in the morning but I couldn't get back to sleep. Looking over at my daughter who had the covers up to her chin and her bear which I had gone and got half way through the night with her tossing in turning I rubbed an eye than the other, the moment I actually got back to sleep she would be waking up I realized.

 

Getting out of the bed I checked to make sure no messages were left, none where left on the house phone but five where left on my cell phone, most having been left while I was at the hospital last night. My mother had left two and Trace had called saying he was coming over, I guess I missed that one and than the last one was a hang up.

 

Sitting on the edge of the bed I heard a soft knock on the door and looking up I saw Lynn walk into the room she looked at me for a second before she sat down on the bed next to me.

 

"How much sleep did you get Hun," she asked.

"If any it was little," I said looking back at Ashton for a moment.

"Your worried about him, I am too," Lynn said.

"I just feel like I'm at a lost, I can't do anything I, I know how Justin felt when I was out of it," I said.

"I worried just the same," She said placing a hand on my shoulder.

I smiled a bit at her when Trace walked in.

"You got any word from the hospital yet," he asked.

I shook my head, "We only left about six, seven hours ago they probably wont call for another two to three I'm betting," I told him.

 

With a nod he looked over us and pointed to Ashton, "How'd she do last night," he asked.

"A little tossing and turning but once I gave her Randy she was set," I said using the name that Ashton had given her bear that her father had given her on the day see was born.

"That's good at least someone got some sleep," he stated.

I nodded and took one last look at my daughter before I stood up and stretched.

 

"Could one of you watch her while I go take a quick shower," I asked.

"I'll watch her," Trace said and took a seat in the chair in the corner of the room near the door.

"How bout I go make a pot of coffee and get some food cooking for when she wakes up," Lynn said but I stopped her.

"You don't have to go through all that trouble," I said but she waved me off. "No trouble at all, honey," she kissed my cheek than Ashton's forehead and headed down stairs.

 

"I'll be only a few minutes," I said as I grabbed what I needed and headed towards the bathroom. Trace waved me off as he picked up one of Justin's magazines and started to read it.

 

Showering wasn't as relaxing as it use to be but than again life had taken an unexpected turn in the last twelve hours and it seemed like I was on a road I had never been before looking for someone I had never met, or seen in my life.

 

"Please let him be alright," I stated to the ceiling once again as I stepped out of the shower. I remembered a conversation we had about three years ago when I asked him what he had to be scared about. I knew now how much heartache he had gone through, and I guess in a way it helped me understand the situation better but I wish it didn't have to be under the circumstance it was on.

 

Pulling my robe on over my towel I finished drying off my hair and than I walked out of the bathroom and looked around, the room was empty. But what saved myself from panic was hearing my little girl's laughter down stairs as I heard Trace say something to make her giggle.

 

"Thank God for him," I said thinking about how he was getting her mind of her father at least for a little while. Changing into some clothes I brushed my hair and let it dry on its own as I made my way down stairs, I heard the noise of Sesame Street on the television and smelt my mother in laws wonder breakfast cooking.

 

Walking into the kitchen I saw Lynn pouring some juice as Trace took some plates out of the cabinet. I got to Lynn first and I grabbed her in a hug, which she immediately gave back. "Thank you," I whispered to her, and she kissed my forehead, "Any time, I love you," she said. "I love you too," I smiled and gave her an extra squeeze before I went to help Trace with the dishes. "Don't," he told me when I went to grab the Knifes, I looked up at him confused.


"Go spent time with your daughter," he said give me a smile.

Nodding I went to leave but he grabbed my arm and pulled me to him.

"Everything will be alright, I promise," he told me than kissed my cheek.

I smiled at him and tired to not let the tears fall, "Hey now none of that," he said as he wiped my cheek and pushed me into the living room.

 

Sitting down next to Ashton I heard her giggle at Cookie monster. "Can we go see Daddy today," she asked a second later and looking down at her I smiled, "Sure thing kiddo," I told her as she climbed into my lap and placed Randy in hers as we watched Elmo's world.

 

--

 

The house was pretty much quiet for the next couple hours as we sat and watched Saturday morning cartoons and ate breakfast. It was when the phone rang that we all jumped out of our skin for a second. Handing my daughter over to Lynn I answered it.

 

"Good morning Mrs. Timberlake, This is Doctor Monroe, I wanted you to know that your husband's test results are in and I want you to come down here, just so we can talk and I'm sure your daughter wants to see him as well," he stated.

 

"We'll be there in an hour," I said hanging up the phone I looked over at Lynn. "They have the results in," I said and sat down on the couch. "What are they," Trace asked sitting down next to me. "Didn't say told us to come down when were ready," I stated.

 

Feeling a hand tug mine I looked up a little. "We go see daddy now," Ashton answered.

"In bit honey we need you to get a bath," I said picking her up and headed towards the stairs again. "Don't worry about down here honey we'll clean up," Lynn said and I smiled and thanked her as I headed up stairs to give my daughter a bath.

 

We made it there about an hour and fifteen minutes later I had Lynn take Ashton as me and Trace went to go talk to the doctor. Sitting down in Monroe's office I felt Trace take my hand and give it a squeeze.

 

"Take a breath Al," he said with a smile as he didn't let go of my hand, but he wouldn't have been able to cause I was holding on for dear life. But I did take a breath as I heard the door open and saw the doctor from last night sit on his desk in front of us.

 

"The test came in a little while ago, they pretty much confirmed what we were saying from the beginning," the doctor started.

 

"You see when your husband crashed his car into the wall that blocked off the truck deport and garbage area of the back of Ralph's he whacked his head on the steering wheel before the air bag came out and that's what caused him to black out. However the lack of oxygen he got due to the airbag being in his air path is what caused the coma. His body was trying to protect itself so it did a mental shut down, now its not permanent because after some scan's today we saw the swelling has gone down some, but to say when he'll walk up is uncertain," the doctor explained.

 

"Will he wake up like I did," I asked knowing far well that he knew about my case all those years ago.

"Its tough to say, some patients come out fine, some lose a skill or two and some lose memories, be it short term or long, it's different with each patient, though I've noticed that talking to them does help," the doctor explained looking at his chart than at me and Trace.

 

"So all we can do is wait," Trace asked the doctor and all Monroe did was nod back to him with a sigh.

 

"Can we go see him," I asked after I collected my thoughts.

"Sure, follow me," he stated as he lead us out of the office and down a floor to the wings of the hospital.

 

--

 

Standing in front of the door the doctor again placed his chart in the folder on the door and excused himself and told us if we had any more questions to contact him. "Do you want me to go get Ashton," Trace asked as I placed a hand on the door. I shook my head, "No lets see how he looks first," I said as I pushed the door open and looked around the dark room where the blinds had been closed.

 

 

Finally seeing what looked like a sleeping Justin I sighed in relief just a little to know he was still with us, when I heard the familiar beeps of the machines that now went in tune with his heart instead of mine. It was when Trace opened the blinds and I saw the damage clearly that I gasped. A bandage on his forehead that I assumed covered a large gash, his skin looked so white and than looking down I noticed he his left leg was in a cast.

Biting my lip I sat down next to him and carefully grasped his hand. Letting a teardrop I felt Trace place a hand on my shoulder.

 

"Can you go get Lynn and Ashton," I mumbled wanting time alone.

With a nod he excused himself and it was than I let my tears flow. "Baby, I'm so sorry your like this, I would trade places with you in a second," I cried out and leaned over to kiss his cheek, I had just finished wiping my tears away when Ashton came into the room and came and sat on my lap.

 

"Is daddy sleeping," she asked me.

"Sort of honey, he banged his head really hard last night and his body is trying to heal," I told her watching my daughter for any changes.

"When he going to wake up," she asked me.

"We don't know honey, when his body is healthy," I said trying to keep my voice from shaking.

"He got a cast like me," she giggled looking at his leg.

"That he does," I said kissing her cheek.

"Can I sign it and make it better," she asked me.

I smiled, "Go ask Trace for the sharpie," I said putting her down on the floor as Lynn come over to me. "What the doctor say," She asked placing a hand over mine, which still head Justin's.

 

"We have to wait for the swelling to go down, and just see if he changes, they said its not permanent but they wont know how long till he'll wake up," I said watching my daughter draw on her father's white cast.

 

"I'm sorry honey," she whispered and kissed my cheek than walked over to the other side of the bed and ran her hand threw her son's hair. "Were here for you baby," she said kissing his forehead that wasn't covered in a bandage.

 

"Mommy, I drew a rainbow and cookie monstder," Ashton said as she came back over and sat in my lap. "Can I talk to him," She asked me. "Of course honey," I said moving her so she could look at her father.

 

"Hi daddy," she smiled. "I hope you get better soon, we still have to watch the video of Sponge bob you said we coo watch yesterday," she babbled on some more most of it I couldn't make out and than leaned over and kissed his cheek.

 

"He get better now," She asked me.

"He is," I said and kissed her nose, which made her giggle.

"Hey Ashie how does a snack sound," Trace asked as he came over and looked at his best friend lying there for second than looked at her.

"Crackers and cheese," she asked.

"Sure and how bout some apple juice," he said and she nodded looking up at me she asked if it was ok.

"Yeah, I'm going to stay with daddy ok," I told her and she nodded and hopped down and grabbed Trace's hand. "We'll be back in a few," he said as he let the door shut.

 

"You know what honey I'm going to go call Paul and let him know what's up," Lynn said leaving right after Trace.

 

Watching Justin for a couple minutes I looked around the room and got a weird feeling at the place. "Creepy," I whispered with a shrug of a chill on my back.

 

Looking out side for a moment I jumped when I felt something grab my hand. Looking back over at Justin quickly I realized he was looking at me and he had grasped my hand.

 

"Oh J," I whispered.

"Am I in Heaven," he asked and looked at me confused.

"No, J, you were in a car accident the paparazzi got out of control when you were with Ashton," I explained and he looked at me more confused.

"Who's Ashton," he asked as he looked around the room.

"Our daughter," I explained and he stopped and stared at me.

"You, me, us," he babbled.

"Justin, what's the matter," I asked him.

"Nothing makes sense, the last thing I remembered is you getting into the wreck after your dad died," he said looking around again.

"Honey, that was over three years ago," I said grabbing his chin to look at me.

"No, no its only been a month, I remember it clearly, you died," he said looking at me with tears.

"What," I asked in a hush voice.

"You died in that accident, with our unborn child," he said looking at me scared.

"NO, honey I didn't," I said.

Looking around the room for a minute he jumped when he heard the door open.

"DADDY," Ashton giggled as she was carried into the room by Trace.

Trace looked at me and could see something was wrong.

"Daddy awake now," she asked Justin who looked petrified at the mere sight of her.

"Daddy awake now," I said to her and let go of my hand on Justin, which was an effort because he didn't want to let go.

 

Watching him look back and forth at us I saw Lynn come in, and some how Justin clamed a little at her being in the room.

 

"Daddy awake Grandmamma," Ashton giggled.

"I see that baby," she smiled at her grandchild.

"Let me go get the nurse," Trace said as he handed Ashton to Lynn and headed out of the room.

 

"How you feeling honey," Lynn asked Justin.

"Ok," he said unsure of everything and I felt him grab my hand again.

Watching the nurse walk in she had everyone leave the room but when I went to move Justin clinched my hand.

 

"Not her," he said.

"Fine, she can stay," the nurse said and looked Justin over than took his chart out the door to give it to the doctor.

 

"What the hell," he whispered to me.

"Justin, I think you just need some rest right now," I told him seeing him a bit overwhelmed.

 

"I don't want to fucking sleep Alley, I want to know what the hell is going on here," he said trying to sit up but lay back down with a groan.

 

"Let me go talk to the doctor," I said trying to have him let go of my hand.

"No, I lost you once I'm not letting you out of my sight," he said.

"I'm going to send your mother and Ashton in," I said getting him to let go.

"How am I suppose to act around her," he asked me before I got to the door.

"Like she's your daughter," I said and got out the door and saw Trace with Lynn and Ashton at the nurse's station.

 

"Lynn, can you take Ashton to see Justin," I said placing a hand on my daughters head before I kissed her cheek.

 

"Is he alright," she asked me?

I shrugged my shoulders, "that's what were trying to figure out," I told her.

Once she had gone down to the room Trace grabbed my arm.

"What is going on," he asked me.

"He doesn't remember Ashton, he thinks I died in my car accident three years ago," I told him.

"Shit," he said. "I know," I said with a shake of my head as I saw Doctor Monroe coming our way.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki