Judge Me Not by hothoney111


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Justin followed Britney and everyone in through the back entrance of the Broadway theatre so they wouldn't hit the crowd out near the front. Most people didn't bother them when they went to public events like this, but security was there and precautions were taken just in case. They were immediately shown to their seats, which were dead center fourth row. Britney was looking through her playbill as she sat down next to him. "I just loooove going to Broadway. I've told you how much I loved doing it as a kid, right baby? Do you think I should give it a go again? Don't you think I'd be great at it?"

Justin looked at her smiling face and wondered how he was going to lie to her about her acting talent or lack thereof. She was just always herself and never brought a character to life. Take 'Crossroads' for example. Her character is basically how she is in real life, minus the materialistic and bossy parts that he gets to see. "Ummm, well, if you think you'd have time and would like to try..."

That was a good vague response. It got her to think though which meant the comment was enough. "I suppose you're right honey. I don't really have the time right now. I'm so busy and all. I love how you know all the right things to say."

Justin turned away and rolled his eyes. "Uh huh."

Joey jutted in to save Justin from the scary conversation about Britney in Broadway. "Hey guys, this looks to be one of the best versions of Les Mis out there right now. I've heard raving reviews about the cast, and it's only the fourth show."

Justin looked over his playbill and read some stats about the actors playing characters, Cosette and Marius. "Yeah, there's a lot of talent. Do you see how many productions these actors have been in? Wow."

Joey nodded. "I would love to give this a try one day too. It would be cool."

Justin nodded at his friend and gave him a look that said 'you'd be awesome.' He just couldn't say it without offending his 'girlfriend' sitting on his right. Kelly patted Joey's arm in silent agreement.

All of a sudden, the lights began to dim, indicating the start of the show. Justin let out a breath and said a silent prayer of thanks because now he didn't have to force conversation anymore. He could simply enjoy being the entertained for once.

Britney held onto his arm tighter, and smiled up at him. "Oooooh, it's starting honey. Aren't you excited?"

Justin just nodded and looked away. OK, so maybe not everything was perfect.

The performance began amazingly, and the actor who played Valjean couldn't have been a better choice. It wasn't until after Fantine's death and some time had passed in the musical that he saw her.

Justin took in a breath at the mere sight of her. She looked completely different than she had at the mall earlier that day, wearing her clothes for her character and all, but he knew it was her. Her eyes were this bright green that you couldn't possibly forget. "Joe, what's the character name for the girl on the far left of the stage?"

Joey looked at him like he was crazy for not knowing which character that was and whispered back, "It's Eponine and shhh."

Justin started flipping through his playbill madly to find the charater spot for Eponine. And there it was. There she was. Her picture smiled up at him. 'Reknowned actress and singer Natalia Burnett is welcomed back to Les Miserables! She started in Broadway at the mere age of six and hasn't stopped since. Having been involved with vocal, dance, and acting training for the last fifteen years, you can see why. She appeared in Annie, Les Miserables, and The Secret Garden as a child, moved on to roles in Phantom of the Opera and Little Women in her early teens, and recently made her lead debut as Sandy in Grease. Her role as a dancer for the "Cell Block Tango" in Chicago has led her to reprise her role in the upcoming movie version. She returns to Les Miserables to reprise her role as Eponine, only this time she can enjoy being the older role!'

Justin's eyes widened in awe, surprise, and overall regret for what had happened earlier that day. When he looked back up at her on the stage, he knew she had spotted him. She was looking right at him as she waited for her part to sing again.




How in the world can that asshole be sitting in the front row right now?!?!?! That was the only thing running through her head at that moment... Sure, she sang and spoke her parts for the first song, but all she could think was What the fuck?!?! Now, as she was waiting backstage for her next entrance, she needed to calm down. She was going to need her concentration to act forlorn and in love, not angry and upset. Now, she also felt she had something to prove. Why did life have to be so complicated?

"Lia, you ready? You seem spacey..."

Lia sighed. "I'm alright Clarice. Where's Mark? It's almost time."

"I'm right here."

Lia looked behind her and saw him leaning against the stage. "Ass."

Mark smiled. "Ready to be that clingy girlfriend I had in high school that didn't get the hint?"

Lia rolled her eyes, as Clarice giggled. "You'll be so enamoured by me, you'll be saying Cosette who?"

This time it was Mark who rolled his eyes. He was going to retort, but they were shushed by the backstage manager who was about to turn their mikes back on. They all heard familiar music and it was time to proceed with the performance. Clarice went to perform, soon following was Valjean's portion. Mark gave her a wink before entering the stage with her for their portion.

Lia watched him sing as she pretended to lead Mark to Cosette's home.

"In my life

She has burst like the music of angels

The light of the sun

And my life seems to stop

As if something is over

And something has scarcely begun

Eponine,

You're the friend who has brought me here

Thanks to you I am one with the gods

And Heaven is near!

And I soar through a world that is new that is free!"

Lia looked mournful at him while he was looking excitedly away from her.

Every word that he says is a dagger in me!

In my life

There's been no one like him anywhere

Anywhere, where he is...

If he asked... I'd be his

Together, they sang words that would hold different reasons behind them.

In my life

There is someone who touches my life

Mark continues, "Waiting near..."

Lia waits a moment staring at Mark hurtfully, like he missed the point, before responding, "Waiting here...

Lia sank back against the fake fence, despairing over Marius leaving Eponine to sing and fall in love with Cosette. She couldn't help looking (without really looking) back at Justin, whom she was surprised to see was still staring at her like he had been ten minutes ago, only this time it seemed as if he didn't care if she knew he was staring or not.




Justin was still staring at her. He couldn't help it; she was absolutely captivating. He had already wished earlier that day that he could take back everything that had happened at the mall, but now, he regretted it even more three hundred fold. He was so enriched in her performance, he must not have heard Britney speaking to him or shaking his arm. "Justin!!!!"

He turned to her slightly, like he was paying attention, but didn't really say anything until the play broke for intermission. He turned to the woman who was now pouting and glaring at him. "What is it Britney?"

Joey and Kelly were already immersed in discussion over how good the performances have been, the storyline, and the Valjean actor. He would have much preferred to be speaking with them about the same topic; in particular, about Eponine and Natalia Burnett. Natalia Burnett. "Justin, why didn't you talk to me?"

Justin looked at Britney, and finally had had enough of her constant pretend naivette, bossiness, the 'pay attention to me' crap, and her maxing out his credit cards when she made enough money for her to spend her own. "Britney, you don't talk during a Broadway performance, not to mention make-out. Plus, I'm really sorry, but I don't think I want us to date anymore."

Britney gasped and pulled back from him. Joey and Kelly stopped talking and looked over at the two of them, both wide-eyed and shell-shocked that Justin would be so direct to Britney and to break up with her in public like he had said he didn't want to do. "Wh, Wha, What?"

Britney looked completely surprised, which made Justin feel bad twice over. He had thought it wouldn't be that big of a deal to her since this was supposedly just a casual thing. "I'm really sorry Britney, but I'm done."

Britney was no longer sad and surprised. She was pissed. "You asshole!"

She had said it loud enough for more than a couple of rows of people that were still seated could hear. "Britney, please just relax."

Britney's eyes flared. "RELAX? I don't think so. Fuck you, Justin Timberlake."

Then, she got up and walked out. Joey watched Justin sit there, relatively calm considering. "You alright there, Jay?"

Justin looked over at Joey and Kelly, looking exhausted but like a weight had been lifted. "That's the second time I've been called an asshole today, and both time I've deserved it. Is that bad?"

Kelly giggled. Joey shook his head. "Maybe you should work on that Justin."

The performance was starting back up, and it was a huge performance of a song called "One Day More." Lia had these amazing portions where she had to hit this one note for a long time. He was more captivated by her amazing talent than he had been before intermission. After Britney left, it was easier to observe her more openly. After a big fight scene, Joey leaned over to him and whispered, "Eponine's huge solo is coming up; it's one of the most famous songs from this musical. I guarantee this actress is gonna knock it dead."

Justin waited and was not disappointed.




At the end of the musical after bows and recognition, some actors pulled Lia out onstage somewhat in protest. Lia smiled graciously even though it was somewhat forced. "Thank you 'oh so much' boys. I guess I drew the short straw today."

 

Justin's eyes watched her and noticed when she wasn't acting in front of people, it looked as if she was uncomfortable, hence the needed force to be pushed onstage. Lia played with her fingers in front of her as she spoke. "I would just like to remind everyone that Les Miserables is affiliated with the Make a Wish foundation, among many other charities. We have autographed posters and live CDs of the original cast, and some other goodies found outside the auditorium where proceeds will go to these charities. Myself, and many other castmates will be available for a short time in the lobby as well. Thank you all for coming!"

The guy who played Marius came out onstage and wrapped his arm around her and Justin watched as the two of them joined more of the cast toward the entrance. Justin turned to Joey and Kelly. "You guys go on without me. I have a couple of things to take care of and besides, third wheels aren't cool. Have fun."

Joey nodded to him. "You'll be good then? Watch yourself. Remember, you're famous."

Justin grinned sheepishly. "Yeah, yeah... I'll keep that in mind."

He watched Joey and Kelly head off before dashing off toward the entrance, careful not to make a commotion. He had to talk to her, if only to apologize. He didn't have to wait long to find her. She was surrounded by a sea of people with the guy who played Marius. She was smiling and lost in her element talking with people she must have known as regulars or so. He waited for the crowd to die down to approach her, somewhat from the side. When she recognized him, she lost her smile. "Yes?"

Justin knew he deserved this so he let her slight glare go without comment. "I just wanted to apologize for earlier today. I never got to."

Lia looked at his face for a few moments, deciding he was sincere. "Fine."

Justin looked a little uncomfortable. He never had this hard of a time talking with a girl before. "So, umm, how did you start all of this? I read your stats, pretty impressive."

Lia was surprised he was talking with her, and became a little skeptical. "Umm, why?"

"Why what?"

Both Justin and Lia looked over at the guy who played Marius. "None of your business Mark."

Mark chuckled, "Who's your friend, Lia?"

Lia looked to the ceiling in exasperation, knowing Mark would embarass her. "He's not my friend. I think I better leave. Goodbye."

Both Mark and Justin watched her walk away. Mark looked at Justin. "So what did you do?"

Justin looked surprised. "Huh?"

Mark surveyed him. "She normally doesn't clam up like that. Do I know you?"

"I have no idea what's going on. I just apologized from a run-in earlier today. You might recognize me though. I'm Justin Timberlake."

Mark's eyes cleared over with recognition. "Ahh... The plot thickens."

"Do you know where she might be later so I can try and talk to her again?"

Mark raised an eyebrow. "You like her or something?"

Justin looked uncomfortable again. This was definitely not his element like he had thought it was. Girls. This used to be so much easier. "Umm, not like that?"

Mark smirked like he thought he was lying. "The cast is having a get-together at Club Fiasco at about eleven tonight. She'll be there."

Justin thanked him, and headed for the back door. He had no idea why this was bothering him, but he just felt that he had to talk to her and sort everything out. If he was going to redeem one of his asshole like tendencies today, it was going to be this one over the one with Britney. He really had no idea why.




Justin walked into Club Fiasco a little after 11:30PM. The club was packed to the max, and he had a brief thought that he wouldn't be able to find her. He was escorted to the VIP area, which was on a sort of balcony. He ordered a drink and made his way to look around over the balcony. He was able to see down into the main floor of the club. He didn't have to look very hard for Lia. She stood out, not in a bad way, just different, but also drop dead gorgeous. She was wearing this ripped and sewn-up jean skirt that came down to mid-thigh, a red and black striped shirt that had only one full length sleeve, black boots that came to mid-calf, and her hair was straight and left down. She was dancing with a guy that looked like he had been in the cast, but it wasn't Mark. At the end of the song, she left and he watched her approach the bar. He finished his drink in one gulp, and decided to go for it.




Lia approached the bar. The party was hopping and she needed some water. "Hey Mel, can I get some agua please?"

"Anything for you sweetness." Mel winked at her, before starting to get her water.

When Mel handed over her drink, a guy stepped up next to her, saying "I got it."

Lia turned with her eyebrows raised and a smirk to find Justin standing next to her. "Oooooh, big spender."

Mel and her started laughing. Justin looked confused until she took a sip of her drink and then held it up to him saying, "Water."

Justin felt like an ass. Not an asshole this time, but a dumb ass. "Oops."

"So you found me. Do I get three guesses to find out who told you where the party was? Or do I only need one?"

Justin followed her gaze across the dance floor where Mark was dancing with a woman he didn't recognize to be from the cast. "Look, I just wanted to talk."

Lia was confused. First, this guy she doesn't know was an outward ass to her, then he apologized, and now he wanted to talk with her for the second time? She just didn't get it. Didn't people try and meet people without all of this hassle? "Ummm, why? You apologized already. I don't understand."

Justin, too, did not understand why he wanted or needed to talk with her. He just did. "I don't know. You're an intriguing, talented person whom I'd like to get to know. Is that wrong?"

Now, Lia felt bad. He was complimenting her, and she was pushing him off. "Well, ok then. You asked me how I got started in this business, right?"

Justin, surprised she had listened to his question earlier, responded, "Yeah, but that's not talk for here. Care to dance?"

Lia finished her water. "In a minute. I'll be right back." She nodded her head toward the bathroom.

"Ok."

Justin watched her walk away, wondering how things had gone from bad to somewhat ok. Her walk was really cute too.

After a couple of minutes, when she was walking back toward him, he watched a guy stop her by grabbing her arm. She didn't look very happy about it, and Justin's protective vibe kicked in so he immediately walked over to her side. "Is there a problem?" he asked menacingly, interrupting them.

Lia rolled her eyes at Justin for butting in. "No, there's no problem. I was just showing this dickhead manners when approaching a lady."

The guy scowled and walked away. Lia turned back to Justin. "You know, I didn't need your help. I can take care of myself."

Justin smiled. "Trust me, I'm well aware."

Lia laughed, and they began to dance. The time seemed to fly and later she found herself sitting up in VIP with him, talking about anything and everything. She had no idea that the Justin Timberlake she had heard about was nothing like the one she was talking with. He was incredibly sweet, thoughtful, a bit arrogant yet it seemed more like self-confidence, and was genuinely interested in what she had to say. Justin found himself enamoured in her facial expressions, the way she spoke on certain subjects - she was both knowledgeable and opinionated, and the way her attitude was definitely a cover up for the girl that was in front of him. He couldn't help bringing up the idea that this wouldn't be their last meeting. "You know, I'll be in town for a couple of days. You're more than welcome to visit."

Lia sighed, slightly surprised to be genuinely sad to say no. "That would be fun, but unfortunately, the show will be running all weekend with two shows on Saturday and Sunday."

Justin nodded, but understood work committments, more than others. "That's fine. Would it be weird to exchange numbers to keep in contact?"

Lia laughed. "Not really, as long as we don't become pen pals. I don't have the patience for that shit."

Justin laughed. "Email, what's that?"

Justin walked her to her car as it was late in NYC. Lia hugged him goodbye, andbefore getting in her car turned to him and said, "You know, despite our initial meeting, you're not the person I thought you were, and I kinda like that."

Justin nodded before adding, "You too." Then, he smiled and headed off.

Lia watched him leave, surprised that she actually found someone normal and real to talk to and enjoy her night with in such a crazy city.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki