Double Sided by Brit


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
*Sigh* Yet another thought that came to me. Tell me what you think.

It was three am when Hayden bolted up right in her bed and felt the covers next to her. No one, she was alone.

 

She gasped at a loud thump and some rustling in the hallway. With one foot in her slipper and then the next she cracked the door to have a look.

 

“Justin?” The tall blue eyed blonde twisted to face her. Sweat penetrated his forehead, streaks of dirt defiled his white –t, and he stood petrified of her presents. His breaths were quick and disheveled.

           

“What are you doing up?” He inquired with a false casualty. “I heard something and I woke up. You weren’t there.” A second noise similar to the first echoed through the hall and Justin moved swiftly.

 

 

“What was that?” Hayden fretted. “Nothing let’s go to bed.” He reigned. She was quickly escorted back inside the bedroom and soon all was quiet.

 

           

“Morning baby.” Hayden lifted her face from a bowl of cheerios to receive a kiss on her cheek. “Sleep well?” She asked, as her lover moved about the kitchen fixing a bowl of his own. “Great thank you.” She watched him pour his milk and take the seat across from her.

 

 

“I’m surprised.”

 

 

“Why’s that?”

 

 

“Well usually if I’m up at three in the morning it’s because I’m having trouble sleeping.” She pitched.  He avoided her gaze and straightened his tie. Along with her night gown and slippers Hayden bore a countenance of suspicion. “Baby?” She grinned sweetly. “Yes dear?” “What were you doing up at three in the morning?”

           

Justin straightened his posture and chewed his cereal. Hayden took a sip of her orange juice never taking her eyes off of him. “Next door.” He muffled pretending to have too much food in his mouth. “You know Mr. and Mrs. Benson next door?”

 

 

Hayden lifted a brow to symbol a yes. “They just got..” He shoveled more cereal into his mouth letting trails of milk run down his face. “a dog..big dog!” He gestured spitting a half chewed cheerio onto the table. “They’re still trying to train him.” He forced a grin. “And….I heard something barking last-mm-last night.” He struggled to get out yet still forcing more cheerios down his throat. “So I ran outside…to get-to get him out of our yard!”

           

Hayden thought back to the dirt stains on his shirt. “Big dog huh?” She questioned. He nodded his head exaggeratedly. “Huge! Baby you would have thought he was a monster!”

 

Hayden eyed him carefully as he shoved one last spoonful of cereal into his mouth and glanced at his watch. “Uh-oh I’m going to be late.”

 

He pounced up from his seat, wiped the milk from his chin, and stretched across the table to peck her cheek once more. “See you later sweetie.” He murmured against her skin and in the blink of an eye he grabbed his brief case and was out the door.

           

Hayden gathered their dishes and washed everything up. She got dressed and decided to clean up the house bit.

 

“Well good morning Hayden!” Hayden was in the garden watering her azaleas when Mrs. Benson called to her over the fence. “Good morning!” She waved. “Beautiful day isn’t it?” Mrs. Benson beamed. Hayden smiled and tossed some egg shells into the soil. “It’s a gorgeous day, perfect for the garden!” Mrs. Benson nodded in agreement and then suddenly gasped.

 

“Are you okay?” Hayden called. Quickly the neighbor disappeared behind the gate and recurred seconds later holding a tiny creature in her arms.

 

 

“I’m sorry.” She chuckled. “I should have introduced you. Hayden FeFe, FeFe Hayden!” Hayden cocked her head perplexed. “FeFe?” “Yes! George and I had our anniversary a week ago. Look what he got me!” Hayden forced a smile as the little Yorkie licked her neighbor’s cheeks. “Odd.”

 

 

Hayden made her way back inside. She grabbed a bottle of water and headed to the bedroom for a quick rest.  “What was that?!” She gasped. She was standing mid hallway when she heard it. It was distant, but no doubt she heard it.  

 Thump……….thump…………………..thump.” She followed the noise through the dining room. It was getting louder. She trailed through the house listening carefully. 

           

With timid breaths she stood before the closet door. Someone’s inside. Hard bangs caused the door to quake vivaciously. She leapt back. A loud drone sent her heart beating at a rapid pace. With an uneasy hand she reached for the knob. The beatings paused momentarily and she twisted the knob to yank it open.

           

“OH GOD!” She screamed. There, in the bottom of the closet, sat a young boy drooped over on his side. His hands were tied behind his back with silver duck tape and a piece of cloth had been double knotted and wedged in his mouth as a gag. “Oh God! Lord!” She cried, reaching swiftly to remove the cloth. “Help me! Please!” he cried. Hayden observed the young boy. With his swirls of jet black hair and frightened blue eyes, he couldn’t have been much older than fifteen.

           

 “I’m so sorry!” She clamored. “I’m sorry! Who are you? What happened?” “Please, I want to go home!” He wheezed. “Okay! Okay! I don’t know how this happened! But okay! I’ll let you go and you go straight home! You hear me!” She pulled at the silver tape on his wrists and he let out a frightened cry.

           

Hayden screamed as she looked over her shoulder to see a pair of black, neatly creased, slacks. “Justin?” She cried. He gripped her arm and pulled her out of the closet. “Please!” She shrieked. “Why are you doing this to him?” Justin shoved the gag back into the young boy’s mouth and slammed the door. Hayden could hear him droning in the closet again.

           

“Get in here!” Justin barked forcing her back into the bedroom. He locked the door behind him and Hayden quickly moved as far away from him as possible. “No!” She squealed as he accosted her. “Why are you doing this? He’s just a kid!” “You didn’t see anything!” He growled “Don’t do this!” “Say it!” He yelled. She whimpered pitifully and he shook her hard. “Say it!” “No!” “YOU DID NOT SEE ANYTHING!” he bellowed.

           

Hayden let the tears flow and finally, she had no choice, but to comply. “I didn’t see anything.” she wept. “Good girl.” He said pulling her close to him. She released a sob and he stroked her back gently. “Hayden, baby I know you don’t understand this right now, but I swear I would never do anything to hurt you. And you’ve just gotta trust me on this okay.” She shook her head against his chest and gulped. “Okay? Do you trust me? Say it Hayden. I need to hear you say that you trust me. Say it.” he pressed. She shut her eyes and tried to block out the potent pain stabbing her heart.  “I hate you for this.” She whispered “I know…I know.”

 

 



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki