Struggle off the streets by softmelody


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


'She didn't know who you were?' Trace asked in shock over the phone when i told him after our date. I'd dropped Dee back home for the first time, instead of her coming to the hotel and us having sex. It was refreshing for a change. Trace laughed then. 'How could she not realize?'

'Trace - Not everyone likes me you know, it's understandable.' I told him, laying down on my bed.

'Yeah, i know dude, it's just weird.'

'Yeah, i guess. I'm cool with it though. At least she liked me before that.'

'Oh, so you think she likes you do ya?' Trace teased.

'Shutup man,' i told him, laughing slightly.

I ended up persuaing him to come back down to Detriot with me, but he ended up coming accompanied by his girlfriend. That was cool and all, but it made me feel a little uncomfortable since i was all alone. The next night i also persuaded him to come down by the club with me. I was good at persuading people to do things, i'd decided. He came, but of course his girlfriend Elesha came too, so they left me alone most of the night. It worked out ok in the end though, as we didn't get there till late, about 10, and i spotted Dee coming off the stage. Someone distracted me then though, and when i looked back, she was gone. I searched around for her, and eventually went into the lounge next door where she was sat smoking, alone. No-one else was in the lounge, and she just sat slumped on the floor, her back resting against the sofa.

'What you doing all alone?' I questioned. She looked up at me, but she didn't smile back. I thought maybe she didn't see mine, so i smiled again, but she still didn't give me one back, and then looked down. 'What's wrong?' i asked, getting down on the floor, and sitting down next to her. She shook her head and told me 'nothing' before blowing smoke out of her mouth.

'Come on, you can tell me,' I told her, stroking her back slightly, but trying not to be too touchy-feely.

'You don't wanna know,' she told me, a slight fake laugh in her sentance.

'I do, honestly.' i told her, watching her take another puff.

'I'm just a little upset.' she told me.

'What about?'

'Just...things.'

'Look, you don't have to tell me if you don't wanna,' i said to her. 'But keeping it inside won't help.'

She sighed then, and nodded. 'I just feel...I don't know...I feel like i'm a bad mom.'

My mind went into overtime then. Did she just say Mom? She has a kid? Or mutiple children? She looked too young to be a mom. I spoke up then.

'You're a mom?' i asked. She nodded her head, and told me 'I have a son.'

'You look too young,' i told her.

'I had him when i was 19,'

'How old is he?'

'He's 3 now.' she told me. I opened my eyes wide in shock. It seemed so weird to hear her say that.

'So, you're 22?' i asked her. She nodded.

'So, whats his name?'

'Tushaun.'

'That's cute.' i told her. We both went silent for a while then. I didn't know what to say to her, and she just kept blowing smoke out of her mouth silently.

'He doesn't live with me.' She finally spoke. 'I work here for money, coz i can't seem to get any other job. I can't do anything else, i didn't go to college or anything like that. I'm just not clever.'

'I'm sure that's not true.' I told her. I couldn't believe she was talking about herself like that. She seemed like a fun girl, who didn't seem to take things seriously, but here she was, giving me a heart-to-heart about how she was feeling.

'I don't earn enough money to look after him properly, so he lives with my mom. He used to live with his dad, but now he's living with my mom till he can live with me.'

My head was spinning slightly with the confusion, but it all sunk in after a minute of thinking about it. We spoke for a while longer, and then she got up and told me to hold on. She headed out of the lounge, and i got up off the floor and sat on the sofa since my ass was starting to feel numb. Not long after, she came back, putting a jacket on, and told me she'd asked to leave early tonight. They had accepted her proposition and we left, me walking her home. When i got there, she invited me in, and i couldn't say no. I guess now was time to meet the family.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki