Struggle off the streets by softmelody


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


A couple of weeks had passed and Dee and I had gotten to know each other a lot more. I'd found out that her 'extra work' was in fact drug dealing, but in fact the only thing she dealt was her beloved dope that she seemed to smoke more than she sold. Her real name was 'Deleisha,' which she laughed about as I tried to guess her name for 20 minutes before she finally told me. It was actually quite a nice name, and I didn't get why she hid it so much but she seemed to hate it.

She'd laughed at my name too, when I told her my middle name was Randall. I remember she was sitting on her bed and almost rolled off it in shock when I said it. When I asked her what was so funny about it, she insisted it made me seem like more of a 'cowboy.' She nearly had a heartattack when she found out that my father was called Randy. She found that even more hilarious. I don't know, my time with Dee is just a bundle of laughs, except they're usually towards me.

I noticed that as my time with her progressed, I seemed to be referred to as a 'white boy,' more and more often, and sometimes it could get pretty annoying. If I spoke up and said I liked a particular song I was told, 'Oh my God, it's so white,' or if I said a particular phrase she would respond with 'Oh, you're so white,' and roll her eyes. It was like I was being punished for my colour. I didn't enlighten her with this little fact though, because I don't think she even knew she was saying anything wrong.

Now that we'd been seeing each other for a fair time, we both thought it was about time for her son to come into the picture. He hadn't had any other men in his life apart from his dad and his uncles, but Dee was sure he would be fine.

One saturday afternoon, I was at Dee's place when her ex dropped off her son, Tushaun. I didn't know what to expect from him, or whether we would get on, or if he would think I was stupid... My mind was racing for quite some time.

As i saw the door open, I swallowed and a head peeped through the door. Then his whole body followed. He was a tiny little boy with a little tracksuit on, and sneakers to match. Around his neck was a tiny gold chain, and he smiled at me. I smiled back.

'Baby, this is Justin,' Dee said to him, and he smiled once again.

'Hey,' He said, and I responded with the same word.

I think Dee felt as awkward as I did, and so she asked him if he was hungry. As Dee claimed she 'Couldn't cook,' we decided to all go out to eat. We ended up going to the mall nearby and ate in a diner in there. It was pretty ok. Nothing exceptional, but it was ok for being hungry's sake.

There was these little baloons there that the kids could take home, and Tushaun got two. One for him, and surprisingly one for me. Both blue. His was a dark blue, almost a royal blue, and mine was a light baby blue. It was weird, this kid had somehow picked out my favourite colour from all of them. I thanked him and he seemed pretty pleased with himself. 'Aren't you gonna get your mom one?' I asked him, and he shook his head.

'Mommy doesn't like balloons..' he said, and then laughed as Dee tickled his stomach.

'I'm surprised you still do the amount of times they've flown away,' she told him, and he laughed. I looked at her and for a minute we shared a moment. It wasn't until Tushaun announced that he was desperate for the toilet that we un-engaged our looks. 'I'll go with him if you like,' I offered, knowing it would be easier for me to take him in the mens. Dee nodded and thanked me, as she told me she would go to, and meet me outside the doors.

I came back out before her though, and so I had time to pay the bill. I wasn't gonna let a lady pay it, besides, it wasn't that much anyways.

'Mommy had a fight with that lady last time she came here,' Tushaun told me, pointing at the stocky woman behind the cashier. 'Really?' I asked rhetorically, and wondered why. I asked her quietly as we walked home though, so Tushaun couldn't here. He was too busy staring at his balloon and running after the pigeons to notice though. She had a pretty good damn answer, since I thought it would be something stupid.

'She was offering drugs to my sisters boyfriend,' she told me. 'Who's 16!' she added. I saw her point.

'That's crazy,' I told her.

'This place is,' she sighed. 'You'd get used to it if you lived here,'

 



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki