Saving My Heart by Navy_Chick


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Okay guys, you've made it this far. These preliminary chapters are essential for the rest of the story. Thanks for reading and please remember to review!

“Amber, we’re going to have you come on to the platform from the middle of the crowd. Is that okay with you?” Damien asked.

“Yeah, sure, no problem.” I said. I was just a little distracted. It was coming up on the one month mark that Jason had said would be when I got to hear from him again. They’re usually pretty good about getting the guys back a few days early, but whatever. I gotta focus.

Damien walked out, talked for all of like 30 seconds. “Now, our guest VJ for today is one remarkable lady. Her boyfriend is one lucky guy. Please give it up for, none other than Fergie!” The audience erupted into cheers and screams. I walked out giving high fives and smiling. This was the part of promoting that I loved; the direct fan interaction.

“Welcome to your 5th TRL visit!” Damien said.

“Thanks! It’s so great to be here.” I smiled.

“So, Fergie, we have to ask, are you going to premiere your video today for Buttons?”

“Why else would I be here. I had to bring it to MTV first!” I laughed. The audience roared a little more.

“Before we go any further, lets get into our number 10 video! Here’s Fall Out Boy!” The crowd cheered.

“So, tell us a little bit about the video.” Damien said as the 10th video came to a close.

“Well, out of the all the singles I’ve put out, this is probably the most provocative one. Well, take it back, this is the most provocative song I’ve ever done!” I laughed with the audience.

“Is it directed to anyone in particular, like maybe a certain boyfriend?” Damien asked winking.

I laughed. “Oh no! He does just fine on his own! He does NOT need a song to tell him what to do.” Everyone laughed.

“Lucky, lucky man.” Damien murmured just loud enough for everyone to hear. “Okay, Miss Fergie, go ahead and introduce your video!”

“Alright guys, here’s my new video, Buttons! I hope you enjoy!” I smiled sweetly cocking my head to the side a little bit. They cut into the video. As it came to a close, the audience applauded.

“You’re boyfriend is one lucky guy!” Damien laughed. I blushed. “Thanks.” I squeaked out. “Well, we know you have to get going, but thanks again for coming!”

“It was my pleasure. You know I love coming here!” I smiled. They cut to commercial and I was escorted off the stage and through the building to the awaiting car.

“That was great!” Larry said. We were on our way to the hotel.

“Thanks.” I half smiled.

“What’s eatin ya?”
“Getting worn out. I know I’ve got a couple weeks left of this, but it’s just tiring.” I said.

“You’ll get through this. You’re tough.” He smiled and patted my knee. The rest of the ride was silent.

 

APRIL 2007

The next couple of weeks just went slower than slow. Still no word from Jason, but his mom called. I felt so relieved to hear he was okay. Jason and I have a deal, he calls his family first, then me or we don’t talk til he does.

I was at home, packing. Lacey, one of the greatest friends in the world, was there helping me. The plan was that I fly into Denver, stay with Jason’s parents for the night then that morning we’d go to get him.

“So, are you excited?” Lacey asked.

I gave her a “duh” look. “Of course I am. He’s been gone for a freaking year. I can’t wait to hug him.” I smiled.

“I don’t know how you have a military boyfriend.” She commented.

“Well, I’m used to it. I was in for 6 years. It’s normal for me, whereas the civilian world just confuses me.” I giggled.

“Is he gonna come back here with you or is he going to stay with his family?”

“We’re going to stay there for a week, and then he comes back with me. I mean, he does live here.” I smiled.

“Girl, I’m so excited for you.” She smiled and we hugged. “What time do you need to be at the airport?” She asked.

“We need to leave here in like 15 minutes or so.” I finished my quick cramming. I looked in the mirror at my clothes selection; making sure I wasn’t dressing to over the top for Jason’s parents.

 

“Alright girl, get out of the car. Call me when you land and if you need anything, you call.”

“I will.” I smiled. I went to shut the door.

“WAIT!” She yelled. I opened the door back up. “Did you remember to pack your camera?” She asked. I always forgot to pack it.

“Oh crap, no.” I said smacking my head. She reached behind her seat and pulled it out for me. “I love you girl.” I leaned into the car and gave her a hug. I got my bags out of the backseat and walked into LAX.

I was greeted immediately by airport security. I was escorted through airport then was waiting for my flight in a secluded area. I felt my phone vibrate. I looked at the caller ID and it said North Carolina. North Carolina?

“Hello?” I questioned.

“I’m in the United States baby. I’m home.” Jason said. I screamed and started jumping up and down. The man at the counter looked at me funny. “It’s my boyfriend! He just got home from Iraq!” I explained. “So, you’re staying where ever you are tonight then it’s of to CO tomorrow morning.”

“I wish. You know how the military works.” He laughed. I could see his smile. “We’re pullin an all nighter. We’re turning in weapons, getting our gear checked back in, then the stuff we’re bringing home with us is actually getting there before us.” He chuckled.

“What’s new? What time do you think we can expect you tomorrow?” I asked.

“Early afternoon or late morning.”

“Yay.” I said trying to contain my excitement. “Oh, you’ll be able to find us…your mom has made this huge sign. It’s pretty cool.” I said.

“I have a feeling you’re going to find me first. You spotted me quick last time.”

“True-“

“Miss Ferguson? You’re flights now boarding.”

“Thanks.” I said. “Baby, my flight to your parents is boarding. I have to go.”

“Okay, I love you honey.”

“I love you too. I’ll see you in less than 24 hours!” I said very excited. “Oh and call your mom, she’ll be pissed if you don’t!”

“You read my mind.” He said.
“Bye babe.” I said. I hung up. I was the last one on the plane and sat in first class. I prepared myself for the 2 ½ hour flight.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki