Simple Days by Alicia


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


"So when exactly do you plan on telling Jessi? She's bound to notice soon or later," Serena spoke into the phone while watching Kaci soak up all the attention Simba, Brennan, and Buckley were giving her.

Sighing Victor, answered, "I know, I know. But after going so long without seeing or speaking to her these past years, I don't want to mess up the little connection we have.”

“You also know well enough how our daughters can’t stand being kept from the truth. They may have grown up, but that of all things has not changed. Don’t let her find out on her own if you really want to pick up where y’all left off.”

“Believe me, Serena, I’m trying, but every time I try to tell her, I can’t bring myself to say the words. I finally had it set in my head that I would tell Jessi when we meet for lunch Monday, but she called me up last night and said she’s bringing along her boyfriend. I can’t even bring myself to tell her alone. There’s no way I can give her the news in front of a complete stranger. Lunch is going to be awkward enough as it is. I’m not going to make it any more than it already will be.”

“So when DO you plan on telling her the news?”

“I still don’t know.”

**

“Hey you,” Christi spoke once Justin opened the door.

Justin opened the door wider, letting Christi in his suite. He pulled her back toward him before she walked far enough away from him and rested his hands on her waist. “Hey yourself.”

Christi wrapped her arms around his neck while resting her forehead against his. “I’ve missed you.”

“So I’ve heard,” Justin whispered before going in for the kiss he knew Christi was waiting for from the way she was eyeing his lips. Christi’s response was enough to put a smile on Justin’s face. His girlfriend didn’t even hesitate to give in to the kiss.

Christi knew what Justin was thinking and decided to fuel his ego little bit longer. After all, she knew Justin wanted to talk about what was going on with her, why Jessi felt the need to set this trip up for Christi. Justin would see right through all that crap about “missing” him she fed Jessi, Adriana, and Ana. Christi never could lie to Justin, especially about something that was bothering her this much. What could she say? Her boyfriend knew her a little too well for his own good sometimes.

As much as Justin enjoyed making out with Christi, the feeling of the door knob jammed into his back was starting to bother him. Needless to say, Justin pulled away from the kiss and Christi groaned in disappointment.

“Come on,” Justin said, leading Christi toward the bathroom.

“Umm, Justin, I think I’m a little too tired for what you have in mind,” Christi smirked from behind him.

“Well, smart ass, I think we’re thinking of two different things. Get your mind outta the gutter.”

Christi pouted, “I could’ve been persuaded.”

“Next time. How ‘bout I set up a nice bath instead and we talk?”

“Talking?” Christi whined.

“Yes, come on, “Justin spoke as he continued to pull Christi in the direction of the suite’s bathroom.

Giving in, Christi allowed Justin to pull her into the bathroom but yanked her hand free of Justin’s once they made it through the doorway. Christi watched as Justin ran the water and lit vanilla-scented candles, her favorite, around the tub.

“Any bubbles?”

Justin got up and reached under the sink for the bottle he ordered earlier.

Christi nodded her head in approval. “Nice. Is there anything you didn’t think of?”

“Ha ha. Now, strip while I finish up with the bubbles.”

Christi raised an eyebrow at his command yet did as he said anyway.

“Ready for me?”

Justin put the bottle down and turned toward Christi. He offered Christi his hand, which she gratefully accepted, and helped her into the water.

“Ahh,” Christi moaned as she settled herself in the water, “You’re too good to me.”

Justin simply smiled, watching his pregnant girlfriend finally relax, something she apparently needed.

“So what have you been doing all morning?”

“Nothing much, really. Waiting on you for the most part.”

“No work?”

“Not much. JC and I did some this morning but once lunch came around we called it quits.”

At the mention of JC, Christi started panicking, “Crap, Justin! What are we gonna do about JC and Jessi? What if they run into each other? We have to keep them away from one another. I knew we shouldn’t have come. Crap, crap, cr-“

“You think I care about what those two do right about now? JC and Jessi probably should run into each other and get it over with . It may be for there own god right about now. I care more about you and what’s bothering you.”

“But, Jus-“

“But nothing. What’s going on with you? Why do your friends seem to think something’s wrong with you? Miss me much?”

Christi thought about lying to Justin again but knew better. As much as she missed Justin, something else kept her thoughts occupied lately.

“Something’s wrong with the baby.”

“What? What are you talking about? Did Jason say something to you?”

“No, Jason didn’t say anything, but that’s the problem. It’s what he isn’t saying that’s bothering me. At the appointment, he got this look on his face like something was wrong. It was only there for a few seconds but I saw it. Something’s wrong, Justin. I know it.”

Justin slid open his phone and pressed speed dial three. Christi couldn’t hear what Jason was saying and tried to piece together what she could from Justin.

“Hey. What’s up? Didn’t mean to catch you while you’re out. Is that cab driver you’re talking to? Never mind, that’s not why I called. I’ve got a question for you. Is something wrong with Christi or the baby?”

For a minute or so Justin listened quietly to Jason’s response before saying goodbye and hanging up.

“Quick conversation. That’s gotta be a good sign,” Christi thought before asking, “Well?”

“He says he’s looking into something he may have spotted in your sonogram, but it’s nothing major. He wants you to relax for now. Not too much stress. Something he recommends to all his patients.”

“You sure?”

“Christi, if I wasn’t sure, you and I would be on a plane home and sitting in his office. Relax, doctor’s order. Remember?”

“But, Ju-“

“What did I tell you? But nothing. Relax,” Justin ordered.

Somewhat satisfied, Christi sunk further into the tub and began to finally ‘relax.’ Justin, on the other hand, was anything but relaxed. Jason said not to alert Christi that he found something that he’ll talk to him about later when she wasn’t around.

**

“Jessi, hurry your ugly ass up! There’s only so much makeup a girl can put on.”

“Calm down. I’m coming. I’m coming. Stop rushing me.”

“Jessi slipped into her sandals and grabbed her purse on the way out the door. She looked back at Ana still sitting on the couch, “Now, are YOU coming or not? Weren’t you just rushing me?”

Ana tossed the magazine she was reading aside and closed the door behind her. “Took you long enough to get ready, and you’re rushing me? Tsk. The nerve.”

Jessi rolled her eyes once Ana flipped her hair but followed along side her smart ass of a friend.

Ana and Jessi were spending the rest of the day san their other two flying companions. Christi was in need of some time with Justin and Adriana was passed out from working a late shift last night and jet lag.

“You know, people pay me to keep a pretty face.”

“For what, I don’t know.”

“You always know how to build up a girl’s confidence, don’t ya? If I didn’t kno-“

“You know you look amazing. You don’t need me to tell ya that. I just don’t understand all the work you do to try and out do yourself.”

Continuing, Jessi and Ana stepped on the elevator.

“Still, it’s nice to hear some kind of acknowledgment from you.”

“What, your advisors and fans aren’t good enough? If you didn’t have friends like me to keep you humble, you wouldn’t be able to hold up that big head of yours.”

“Aww, shut it.”

“Fine but where to first?”

“I don’t know about you, but I need a dress for tomorrow.”

“What you didn’t bring enough clothes to begin with?”

“No, smartass, I just want something hot for our night out on the town. I’m the birthday girl. I need to stand out. I want to look hot. I’m gonna be turning heads.”

Ana looked at Jessi and couldn’t help but roll her eyes at the sparkles she saw in her friend’s eyes.

“Yeah, well, you do what you do, and I’ll do me. I need some shoes. I already have my outfit for tomorrow.”

The elevator doors opened, and Jessi froze in her spot.

“What the hell is she doing here?”

**

“Did I say I needed your help?” Callie complained yet struggled to keep her balance with about five shopping bags in each hand.

“The name’s Tyson. Yours?” the young man replied, holding the door for her.

Walking through the door, Callie stilled snapped, “I didn’t ask for your name, now did I? I believe not.”

“Yeah, well, where I come from gentlemen always open doors for ladies, “Tyson spoke, following Callie through the hotel doors.

“Tyson, is it? Well, where I come from following someone is what we like to call ‘stalking.’”

Ignoring her, Tyson attempted to grab her bags for her

Tugging back, Callie spoke, “Now, what are you doing? You opened the door for me. Thanks. But you are not taking my bags. Let go.”

“Come on. You look like you need some help. Let me help you.”

Tyson tugged back, too, but was met with the same resistance.

“What? You want to carry my bags to the elevators? Because you’re not coming up to my room. That’s for sure.”

“You’re so stubborn. You’d rather struggle with all these bags.”

Tyson let go of the bags, causing Callie to stumble back.

“No, I’d rather live. For all I know, you could be some kind of killer just waiting to get me up to my room.”

“Do I look like some sort of killer to you?” Tyson spoke, offended.

“No, but that’s what they all say. You’re still not coming up to my room.”


Tyson took the hint and headed for the elevators. If the lady didn’t want any help, then he can go about his own business. He was tired anyway after the day he had.

“Where are you going? I said you’re not going up with me?”

“Believe it or not, the world doesn’t revolve around you. I tried being nice, and you didn’t want my help. I’d appreciate it if you left me alone.”

“Like I said, where do you think you’re going?”

“Not that it’s any of you business, I’m headed to MY room.”

“You’re staying here?”

“It’s a hotel, you know? People rent rooms, the whole shebang.” Tyson said, waving his arms in the air for emphasis.

“Don’t be such a smartass. Maybe I’ll let you take my bags up for me. You know, since you’re head that way.”

“And what if I said the offer’s off the table? Being called a killer kinda makes me not so much a gentleman anymore.”

Callie rolled her eyes as Tyson stepped on the elevator. “Well, can you at least hold the door?”

Tyson just smirked, and all Callie could think, “Fucking karma.”

Callie turned, looking for a hotel employee to help her and missed Ana pushing Jessi off the elevator before the doors closed.

“Hey you!” Jessi finally responded in Callie’s direction.

Callie turned again, wondering who was yelling, but saw no one.

**

Before Jessi could make a total ass of herself, Ana pushed her once again behind one of the hotel’s potted plants.

“What do you think you’re doing? You trying to cause a scene? Alert the media standing outside the lobby doors?”

“No but-“

“No ifs, ands, or buts. You’re gonna drop it. You didn’t see anyone. We’re gonna weasel our way out those door without so much as a commotion and are going shopping. I need shoes, and you’re on a mission to find the hottest birthday dress in Las Vegas.”

“But Ana, what are they doing here? She can’t be here. That means he’s here, and he can’t be here. I’m here. We have some kind of unspoken rule,” Jessi whined.

“Jessi, come on. You’ve gotta ignore this. It’s not like you saw him or anything.”

“But I saw her, his effing girlfriend!”

“Look, you need to calm down. You want some water or something?”

Jessi took a deep breath and exhaled. “Ana was right,” Jessi thought, “I need to ignore what I saw and just calm down. I need to put on her “happy” face for the paparazzi. I need a dress. I need JC. No, don’t think like that. He’s taken. He belong to that gold-digger waiting for the elevator. More importantly, he doesn’t want you.”

“No, I’m fine. Just give me a minute.”

“Okay but where’s your purse? It was here a second ago.”

Starting to panic again, Jessi looked around, “Shit! Where is it? I had it on the elevator.”

Ana and Jessi looked around them, thinking Jessi may have dropped it. Nope, no purse. Jessi moved from behind the plat and looked around the elevator. Nope, no purse. Coming up empty-handed, Jessi told Ana she was going to ask the front desk if they saw anything and be back.

The lady at the front desk told Jessi to wait while she checked the security tape. So there Jessi stood, waiting. Jessi turned, leaning against the counter and facing the elevator. She wished the doors would open with her purse fully intact on the floor waiting for her. However, she got more than she wished for. The elevators doors opened, and there stood JC with her purse in his hand.

Shocked and confused, Jessi spoke a little louder than expected, “Jace.”

“I swear sometimes you have eyes in the back of your head.”

Jessi’s eyes grew wide at the voice behind her and the sudden hurt look on JC’s face. Jessi turned around, and the words rolled off her tongue before she could stop them.

“What are you doing here? Don’t you have a few babies to deliver?”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki