Simple Days by Alicia


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


"Hey fool. You plan on coming out anytime soon?" Ana knocked on the bedroom door.

"I'll be out when I'm ready. I can't seem to get my hair to stay curled. Ahh, screw it. I'm done." Jessi complained, walking out the bedroom while running a brush through her hair. She looked up and noticed her three best friends all staring at her. "What? Do I have something on my dress?"

Jessi's dress: http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/luckycharms10610/Jessiselopementdress.jpg

Christi was the first to speak. "You're out to give Jason a heart attack, aren't you?"

"What?" Jessi smiled, knowing damn well what Christi was talking about and why everyone was staring at her.

Ana laughed, "You know 'what'. I went shopping with you, and I'm pretty sure I would have remembered seeing that dress."

Still acting dumb, Jessi twirled, "You think he'll like it?"

"Him and every straight male in the club. I take that back. Him and every straight, gay, and bi male."

"Perfect. Now, if I can only straighten out these crappy curls," Jessi spoke, still brushing through her hair.

"Get over here. I'll do that for you," Adriana said, dropping the magazine in her hand. Everyone except Jessi was done getting ready, but Adriana was the only one not busy eating or texting on her phone.

"Thank you."

Jessi stood in front of Adriana and let her friend work out the mess otherwise known as her hair. The room became quiet as Christi and Ana shook their heads at Jessi but continued to eating and texting.

Although ten minutes later, there was a knock at the door. Ana got the door and in walked the man soon to have a heart attack, or so Christi exaggerated.

"Hey. You look beautiful," Jason kissed Ana on the cheek and proceeded further in the suite and did the same to Christi, whom sat near the bar with a plate in front of her. "You, too. Now where's the birthday girl."

"I'm over here," Jessi spoke from in front of Adriana. Adriana finished straighten the last curl and let Jessi go.

Jessi walked across the room, coming into Jason's view.

Eyeing his girlfriend from head to toe, Jason whistled, "Baby, you look amazing. I told you to find something sexy for me. This is definitely sexy."

Jessi wrapped her arms around Jason's waist and ask, "So you like?"

"No, I love and so will everyone else. Which is why I'm not letting you outta my sight."

"Oh really?" Jessi raised an eyebrow. "I thought you weren't the jealous type?"

"I'm not, but this dress would make any boyfriend possessive."

"Oh great," Jessi rolled her eyes, "Should I go change?"

"Oh no you're not. I like it. Just be warned I've got my eyes on every guy that comes within 50 feet of you."

"Whatever. Let's go."

The girls gathered their purse and they were out. Christi wondering why Jason didn't have a heart attack or something to that extent.

***

The girls and Jason decided on some club hopping after a couple of drinks in a few different places. Almost as soon as they stepped into the new club, Adriana spotted someone she didn’t know was in town. “JC? Is that JC and Justin I see at the bar?”

Hearing Adriana, Jessi head snapped in the direction mentioned. Christi watched Jessi’s reaction and just knew her best friend was about to rip her a new one for knowing JC was in town. But to her surprise, Jessi excused herself and headed straight for the bar. And by the glare fixed in Jessi’s eyes, Christi knew this wasn’t gonna be pretty.

"Surprise. Surprise. Look who I have here." Jessi spoke, sarcastically.

JC ignored here and ordered both Jessi and himself a round of shots.

"No, I'm okay," Jessi pushed away the drink.

"Take it. You're gonna stand there and talk, well rant. Take some of the edge off. I'm just gonna sit here and pretend to listen."

"You have some nerve."

"Jessi, you came to me. Not the other way around."

"Whatever," Jessi took the shot anyway and ordered a drink too. "Where's your girlfriend?"

“Of course, she wants to argue,” JC thought but simply responded, "I don't have one."

"Yeah and I don't have a boyfriend," Jessi replied, sarcastically.

"Seriously. Callie's just a friend."

"Jason's just a friend."

Obvious the conversation wasn't going anywhere, JC got up to leave but didn't get far. Jessi grabbed his arm. "No, stay."

"What?"

"I said stay. I won't mention your little girlfriend anymore."

JC rolled his eyes but Jessi continued, "We haven't talked in what? Two years almost? How are you?"

"How AM I? You wanna know how AM I?"

"That's what I asked, isn't it?"

"I'm...okay. I'm okay, I guess. How about you?"

"Good. Great, actually."

Silence filled the air and the tension was thick enough to be cut. Jessi looked down in her cup, then back up at JC again. JC was busy looking anywhere but at her. "How much awkward could this get?" Jessi thought, throwing back the rest of her drink.

"Could I get a couple more shots? No, make that six."

"Alcoholic much?" JC replied.

"Take the edge off. I believe that's what you said."

JC nodded but kept quiet. Jessi took this as a sign and figured she'd be the one to get the conversation going. "So really, how are you? And none of that okay crap. You never did ever let me get away with it, and now you're not gonna."

"Really, I'm okay. Working on some stuff with Justin," JC eyed Jessi and wondered why she stopped him from leaving if she really didn't want to see him for over a year and a half. One second, she’s about to tear his head off. The next, she’s talking to him like they’re old friends.

“Cool. Here,” Jessi passed him three of the six shots in front of here, “Ready?”

JC took all the three shots and smiled at Jessi, almost challenging her. Not one to be outdone, Jessi did the remaining three and smiled back. “I know what you mean. Modeling’s been keeping me busy.”

“I heard. How come you haven’t worked on another album?” JC asked while signaling the bartender for six more shots. This time, they were on him.

“Just wasn’t interested. Singing wasn’t the same after…” Jessi trailed off, grabbing three of the shots and downing them. She didn’t even bother looking at JC to know he was watching her.

“After what?” JC dared, taking his three shots.

Jessi looked JC in the eye. Through the slight blur of everything, his blue eyes stood out, and she was lost for a second before shaking her head. She looked back for Jason and the girls but couldn’t make them out in the crowd. Jessi turned back toward the bar and answered, “Nothing. It just got tiring.”

“After us? That’s what you wanted to say, wasn’t it?”

Jessi tossed JC a small smile before getting the bartender’s attention.

“No, we’ve had enough.”JC said stopping the bartender.

Jessi was going to protest. They were being cordial. Having their first conversation. First light conversation in almost two years.

“How about we get some fresh air?”

Jessi didn’t argue, knowing the straight shots of tequila and the drinks from earlier were probably gonna hit her in a little bit.

***

Jason felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. He took it out and noticed the hospital was calling. Leaning over, he told Max, "I gotta take this. Keep an eye on Jessi."

Max rolled his eyes. All night long, Jason had been talking about keeping all eyes on Jessi. In the car to the first club. In the first club. On the way to the next club. And you pretty much get the picture. Oh and not to forget, three times as much when he spotted Jessi at the bar talking to her ex. And then Jessi and her ex throwing back shot after shot. Max wondered if Jason knew that it was his JOB to keep his eyes on Jessi 24/7 and had been his job long before Jason came into the picture.

Max felt his own phone vibrating. Not knowing who could be calling him and feeling Jessi was safe with JC, Max turned his back and stepped outside to take the call. Completely ignoring Jason's request.

***

There he sat. Well, there he lay. Legs dangled in the deep end and back flat against the cement. Callie watched him, wondering who the hell he was. Why had he been all over the place? Every corner she turned, Callie constantly found herself in the same vicinity as him. Yesterday, for instance, Callie walked of the elevator and overheard him talking to an older lady behind the front desk. Something about everything being in place and him worrying one thing after another. Earlier, he was dressed in a suit and getting ready to head out with a briefcase in his hand. And now, he was relaxing by the pool. “What was his deal?” Callie thought.

Tyson looked like he was dead asleep, and Callie walked over to him, hovering never his head.

“Yes?” Tyson’s eyes popped open, much to Callie’s surprise.

Startled, Callie clutched her chest. “What are you doing?”

“Laying down. You?”

“No, why are you in Vegas?”

Tyson smirked, “Am I not allowed to be here?”

“Just wondering,” Callie sat beside him, her own legs dangling in the pool.

“Killer should be locked up, huh? That’s what you’re thinking, right?”

“Am I ever gonna live that down? I’ve been told I shouldn’t talk to strangers.”

“Yeah, well, you didn’t have to be stuck up about it.”

Callie threw her head back in shock. No one had ever spoken to her that way before. “Well, excuse me. Sorry for trying to be civil.”

Callie got up to leave, legs wet and all.

“I’m just telling you how you came off,” Tyson replied, not moving to stop her.

Callie looked down at him. His eyes were shut again and he looked like he had a lot on his mind. More than her. “Maybe I should leave him alone,” Callie thought.

***

Jason searched all over the club and couldn't find where Jessi, or Max, could be. Everyone had long since scattered since they entered the new club. Jason saw Adriana and Ana dancing on the floor while Justin, who was there celebrating JC's birthday, and Christi were sitting at a table roped off upstairs. Christi, she was his best chance. Jessi and Christi were practically joined at the hip since birth. If anyone knew where his girlfriend disappeared to, she would know.

Crossing the floor and practically taking the stairs two at a time, Jason was let back in the VIP area. He walked over to the table he spotted from below and asked, "Hey Christi, have you seen Jessi?"

Christi's eyes did a quick scan of the VIP area before turning her attention to Jason, "Uh uh. I thought she was with you? Where's Max? He should know."

"Can't find him either?"

"What do you mean you can't find Max? He’s supposed to be keeping an eye on Jessi," Christi became alarmed. "What about you? Didn't you say you weren't gonna let her out of your sight? Where is she, Jason?"

"If I knew, I wouldn't be asking you. I got a call-"

Seeing Christi get angry and remembering what Jason told him yesterday, Justin interupted, "Calm down. We'll find her. Maybe she went outside for some fresh air. Let's go look."

Justin scooted out of the booth and helped Christi, too. And with Lonnie in front of them, the trio went in search of Jessi. Only to find that neither Jessi nor Max were outside.

***

"Do you, Joshua Chasez, take Jessica Gonzalez, to be your wife, to have and to hold you from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, or for poorer, in sickness and in health.

JC slurred, "To be my wife, to hold, for better or worse, rich or poor, sickness."

"Sir, is that an 'I do'?"

JC hesitated a second before answer, "Yes, I do."

"Do you, Jessica Gonzalez, take Joshua Chasez to be your husband, to have and to hold you from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, or for poorer, in sickness and in health?"

Jessi drunkenly sung, "I do."



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki