Hatshop...Best Friends Become More. by Mr_SexyBacksGirl2006


Number of reviews: 15
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


I hadn’t seen Justin for a while after that, yes, I still saw him at rehearsals, where we would avoid each other like the plague, but other than that I hardly ever did see him. He called a few times to try and patch things up, but I think we had both crossed a line that we were both refusing to admit to.

"Tiff? I know you’re there so pick up. You can’t avoid me forever; the shoot is in a few days. Tiff, come on this is ridiculous. Okay fine, I’m sorry okay? Is that what you want…?" I deleted the message. It was one of many that Justin had left over the past few weeks.

I sighed and placed myself on the couch, and flipped on the TV. With my box of oatmeal cookies and some tea I got settled to watch a good movie. My feet hurt and so I peeled of my shoes and observed the damage, and winced. My feet were worn out from all the extra hours I spent at the studio in order to get my mind off my failing friendship with my boss.

I leaned back on the couch and listened to the opening credits of the movie, as I was doing so the phone rang, and I was snapped out of my reverie.

"Hello?" I grumbled picking it up and taking a sip of my tea.

"Tiff?" I groaned inwardly and contemplated hanging up before he said anything more.

"Yes Justin?" I asked, with a bit of bitterness to my voice.

"Don’t hang up, just listen to me for a minute okay?" he asked and I sighed. I leaned forward and paused the movie.

"Okay, you’ve got one minute and don’t waste my time," I snapped and I heard him sigh.

"Thanks. Okay so I know I was out of line the other day," he began and I rolled my eyes, "But the only reason I acted the way I did was because I was half drunk and I was lonely."

"Oh so you took it out on me? Gee thanks," I replied sarcastically.

"I’m really sorry Tiff," he said softly.

"Sorry for what? Humiliating me in front of everybody like that?" I asked angrily, slamming my mug down on the coffee table.

"Yeah I guess you could say that," Justin whispered, I rolled my eyes even though he couldn’t see me.

"Yeah well it’s too early for me to forgive you," I said and hung up before I could change my mind. I felt bad chewing him out like that, knowing half of our argument was my fault, but it was only a reflex of me

I sighed and put the phone back, not really caring about my movie any more or anything else for that matter. As I leant my head back on the couch, the phone began to ring and I let it, knowing it was Justin probably calling to apologize, again.

"Tiff, let’s move it!" I sighed loudly and rolled my eyes as I grabbed my bag and trotted out of the room to meet Marty, who had agreed to give me a ride to the set that morning. We were beginning to shoot Justin’s video, and I was nervous as hell. I had been avoiding him for the past few weeks. The butterflies were rising as I thought of what in hell I was going to tell Justin when I saw him. "You ready to go now?"

"Yeah, let’s go," I laughed at Marty’s antics and smiled as he stepped out the door and nodded for me to walk out as well. I grabbed my keys and followed him.

"So how are you feeling?" Marty asked as we took the elevator down to the parking lot. I shrugged in response and he smiled, "Well Justin’s been like shit. Just so you know."

"Thanks," I mumbled and tried to focus on something different, "So how many steps are there in the first chorus?"

"He keep on blaming himself if something goes wrong," Marty continued ignoring my question, I sighed and rolled my eyes, "I mean like the other day he kept on snapping at himself when he messed up a move or something. Its getting annoying, you really need to talk to him."

"I don’t think he really wants to talk to me," I grumbled as the elevator doors opened and I walked out. Marty laughed at my comment and grabbed my arm to steer me in the right direction.

"You’re going the wrong way Tiff," he laughed, "Besides I think he’ll definitely want to talk to you. That’s all he’s been bloody well been talking about, if he hasn’t been complaining."

"Yeah sure," I muttered and we got to his car as he helped me inside. "I bet he’s just peachy keen to talk to me."

We arrived on set, and luckily Justin hadn’t turned up yet, but I was herded off into make-up and wardrobe to get ready for the shoot. I sighed with relief as I sat down in the make-up chair and listened to Mary, the make up girl gossip with Don the hair guy.

"This your first time working with Justin then dear?" Mary asked me, I shrugged and winced as Don pulled on a strand of my hair.

"Not really," I mumbled and Don patted my shoulder with sympathy.

"Bad day?" he asked and I shrugged again. I wasn’t in the mood to tell them about my life history with Justin so they could go spread it around the set.

"You could say that," I replied and closed my eyes as Mary applied some shadow to the lids.

"Well…"Don began but was cut off as the trailer door opened and I heard the sound of feet pouring in.

"All right, everyone out," a voice said. I snapped my eyes open at the sound and looked over my shoulder.

"Mike?" I asked and gulped. It was Justin’s bodyguard, which meant that not far behind him would be Justin and Trace.

"Tiff?" Mike asked the frown on his face replaced by a smile. "So you did come, J will be happy. Anyways, I need everyone else out J needs to get his wardrobe in order for the shoot." Everyone nodded and began to hurry out; when they had all left the only people in the trailer were Don, Mary, Mike and myself. I quickly stood to leave as well but Mike took one quick step and placed a hand on my shoulder stopping me in my tracks. "It’s alright Tiff you can stay."

"It’s alright Mike," I grumbled and tried to get away before Justin appeared, I let my eyes cast downwards.

"No Mike’s right Tiff, stay." I snapped my head up, and was met with a pair of striking blue eyes. I felt like disappearing into the floor right then and there.

"Justin," I grumbled and took a step forward trying to get past him. I managed to get down the first step of the trailer, but Justin grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Tiff please talk to me," Justin pleaded and I looked back to him, his eyes read of pleading and sadness. I sighed in defeat and allowed him to pull me back into the trailer.

"So… I began and sat myself back in the chair I had previously vacated. I noticed Justin smile and nod at everyone inside who seemed to read his mind and walked out to give us some privacy.

"So…" he began once we were alone and sat down opposite me before taking my hand in his, "Why have you been avoiding me Tiff?"

"I haven’t," I grumbled and avoided his eyes contact.

"Yeah you have," he smiled and forced me to look at him, "I said I was sorry Tiff, in all those messages I..."

"I know," mumbled and looked at him, "I guess I owe you an apology too, for acting as if I was better than you."

"Nah its ok," he laughed and I shook my head.

"No it isn’t," I said and stopped him, "It was partially my fault too. I just was pushing your buttons that night. Sorry."

"It’s ok," he said and looked at me with glazed over eyes, "Can I hug you now?" I shrugged in response.

"Fine," I said with a mock sigh. He grinned and pulled me into a hug.

I sighed heavily and sat down on one of the empty chairs as Nigel, the director, yelled obscenities at everyone for messing up the shoot for the hundredth time that day.

"He should really shut up," Justin commented sitting down beside me and I nodded. We hadn’t really spoken much since the trailer incident, but we had gotten along just fine to get through the shoot.

"Aren’t you the boss? Couldn’t you go over there and make everything alright again?" I asked and Justin laughed wrapping an arm around me. I shifted, still uncomfortable at the fact that he’d managed to forget everything.

"I maybe his boss for the day, but I don’t have the right to tell him to shut it. Johnny would blow a horn if I did that," Justin laughed ignoring my uncomfortable ness.

"Well someone should tell him to shut up, I’m getting a headache," I grumbled and pulled away from Justin to stand up. "I’m gonna grab some water."

"I’ll come with you," Justin said standing up as well and looking over his shoulder, "It looks like it’ll be a while before we start shooting again." I smiled and nodded as we began to walk off, hoping Nigel wouldn’t notice.

We reached the craft table and Justin grabbed us two bottles of water, handing one to me and uncapping the other for himself and taking a sip before either one of us spoke.

"So did you come up with the story board for the video?" I asked raising an eyebrow and uncapping my water to take a sip. Justin wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and shrugged.

"Most of it yeah, or what Nigel would let me," Justin chuckled and looked at me sternly, "You’ve been real quiet, everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything’s fine," I said and smiled reassuringly at him. Justin smiled back, unconvinced but he let it drop.

"Okay then," he nodded and looked towards the set where it had become quiet once more. "I guess we’d better be heading back." I turned and looked towards the set as well and saw Nigel staring at us as I nodded.

"Yeah I guess so," I said and walked back to the set.

Our vibe wasn’t great, but it was what we managed and Nigel loved every minute of it.

"Okay guys! Great! Brilliant! Just a few more seconds! Okay Cut!" Nigel called out and I breathed a sigh of relief as all the tension I had been carrying for the shot was let go.

"You okay?" Justin whispered into my ear as everyone began to take a five minute break. I nodded and looked towards the craft table.

"Yeah, I just need some water," I breathed and pushed my hair out of my eyes, "I’m kindda out of breath."

"Wait here," Justin smiled and began jogging towards the craft table; he turned to look at me. "I’ll get it."

I smiled at him and nodded, "Thanks." He smiled and then dashed off. I watched him go and wondered how on earth he still had so much energy; he had done a lot more than me. I sighed as he stretched over the table to grab something, and began doing my stretches, waiting for him to get back.

"Hey Tiff," I heard a voice behind me as I was bent forward trying to stretch out my legs. I stopped what I was doing and slowly stood up, turning to face the person. My jaw dropped when I saw him standing there in a pair of black slacks and a dark blue shirt.

"Jay?" I questioned, wondering if I was seeing things from all the exhaustion of the shoot, "What the hell…" I had no clue what to say to him.

"I had to come see you," he muttered and tried to catch my eye, "Your mom told me you’d be here."

"You talked to my mother?" I asked incuriously, angry that my mom would even contemplate talking to this thing. He nodded sheepishly and pulled his hands out of his pockets.

"I just wanted to talk Tiff," he said and I shook my head glaring at him.

"Talk about what Jay?" I questioned, ignoring the fact that my temper was rising, "About how you ripped out my heart and stomped on it as if it were a piece of shit?"

"Tiff please, it wasn’t that bad," Jay said trying to make a joke out of it. I glared at him and resisted the urge not to hit him as tears began to spring to my eyes out of nowhere.

"Not that bad?" I repeated and nodded angrily, "Yeah it was really not that bad Jay, especially when I would drink myself into oblivion because of you. Yeah it really wasn’t all that bad." I glared at him and he looked at me, but after a few seconds he cast his eyes downwards.

"You didn’t even let me explain before you stormed out of the apartment," he whispered and I rolled my eyes at him. He didn’t need to explain anything; I saw it with my own two eyes. "That’s why I came today, to explain…"

"To explain how you ruined my life?" I snapped and felt the tears breaking down my barriers and falling freely, "Well I don’t want to hear it."

"But Tiff…" he pleaded and I shook my head, wiping away the tears.

"No Jay. Just no," I stated and pushed past him. I needed to get as far away from him as possible, I headed for the car park.

"Tiffany," Nigel’s stern voice stopped me dead in my tracks, I looked up and saw him standing before me and glaring at me. I knew what he was going to say, and I wasn’t in the mood.

"What?" I snapped looking at him; he let out a sigh, shaking his head.

"You can’t leave Tiffany," Nigel said with a sigh, "You’re our main girl. If you leave who will replace you?"

"I don’t know and don’t care," I spat back and tried to push past him but he grabbed my arm and I turned to look at him, "Take your hand off me. Find someone else. I’m done for the day."

"Nigel," Justin’s voice interrupted, we both turned to face him, "Let her go."

"But J," Nigel began and Justin shook his head.

"I know, but just back off okay? She’s had a tough few weeks," Justin explained and took a step forward, but Jay intercepted him.

"Stay out of this," Jay told Justin, I rolled my eyes despite the fact that I was crying and glared at Jay. "This has nothing to do with you."

"Oh really?" Justin asked now looking at him, "This has everything to do with me. This is my video shoot, and you just can’t walk up in here like you own the place and start harassing my friends."

"I wasn’t harassing her," Jay replied and Justin scowled at him.

"Yeah right, whatever," Justin snapped and turned his attention to Nigel who was waiting for Justin to give him a better reason why I could leave. "Let her leave man, we’ll add an extra day to the shooting and we can finish then alright? She just needs to get away from this scum bag." Nigel sighed in defeat and threw his hands up in the air.

"Fine!" he said giving up and nodding at both Justin and I, "Get out of here, as long as I get my extra shooting day."

"You will, I’ll talk to Johnny about it and explain everything. Thanks man," Justin said and turned to smile at me, "Come on Tiff, I’ll get Mike to drive us to your place alright?" He took a few steps forward, pushing Jay out of the way, and holding his hand out to me. I smiled and took it.

"Thanks," I said with appreciation as we walked away to the sound of Jay yelling at us to come back, "You didn’t have to do that."

"Yeah I did," Justin said and wrapped an arm around my shoulder as he motioned for Mike to drive us to our destination, "After all that’s what friends are for."



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki