Bring On The Rain by Sassy Spacey


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
I wrote this for a challenge. I hope ya'll enjoy it.

bringontherain.jpg

^ Banner made by Kenz @ http://www.dancing-with-shadows.com/create/

Bring On the Rain
By Traci W.

Another day has almost come and gone,
Can't imagine what else could go wrong
Sometimes I'd like to hide away,
Somewhere and lock the door
A single battle lost, but not the war

'Cause tomorrow's another day
And I'm thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

The rain started off as random taps on the roof of my car as I drove down the high way towards home. Well, not my real home, but a place I used to call home. I always hated driving in the rain, when it rained around here the streets got flooded and I don't know if my poor old Jeep can handle it. As I continued my journey down the high way, I turned on my windshield wipers and head lights making my journey off the high way towards the exit. As I sped off the high way, the rain picked up and made a constant patter on the roof of my car. I drove onto the main road and looked around, the place was deserted; there were no cars, no one walking around, nothing. Then I heard it, the soft roll of thunder in the distance, then a flash of lightening. I was hoping I could make it home in time, before the storm really got bad. As I was making my way down the familiar roads towards my parent's home, I noticed a single car parked on the side of the road right outside a coffee shop and a figure sitting inside it. I slowed down my car to peer into the window as I drove by, and noticed the figure laying their head against the steering wheel. That can't be good. I immediately pulled over, parking my Jeep in front of the car. As I was about to open my car door another crack of thunder sounded in the distance and it made me stop for a second. I could get struck by lightening. After a minute, I stepped out of the car pulling the hood from my sweat shirt over my head, and walked towards the car. My sneakers made splashes in the puddles that were forming on the street, as I made my way towards the car. I reached the door, and peered into the window. The figure still hadn't moved from their position. It was a girl though, I noticed her long brown hair that had started to wave from the wetness of the rain, I guess from when she ran to the car. I tapped lightly at the window, but she didn't move.

"Hello!" I called, and knocked on the window this time a little louder, trying to talk over the rain "Are you ok?"
She immediately looked at me, and broke into a scream that I could hear through the glass. I jumped back, holding my hands in the air
"Wait wait!" I screamed back, trying to show that I was no danger to her.
She finally stopped screaming long enough to look at me, and at the same time we recognized each other.
"Josh?!" she cried

Ek, no one has called me Josh since I was a kid. JC was what I was known by, and that's what it would stay. Usually only my mom called me Josh, she felt she's the only one who had the right too. Immediately she opened the car door and flew at me, wrapping her arms around my neck. Oh god Katie. I hadn't seen here in ages, not since I moved from home to the west coast. She was my best friend growing up, but in high school she was much more to me then that. I loved her, but she didn't feel the same about me. She always had a boyfriend, and there was never a right time for me to tell her how I felt. I could tell it was her by the magical scent of wild flowers in her damp hair. She had used the same scent all her life in everything (shampoo, soap, and body spray). The smelled waffled around me, as I hugged her back pulling her close to my chest. It did feel good to have her in my arms though. After a minute she began to pull away from our embrace.

"What are you doing home?" she asked me, smiling brightly
I look at her, and try to think of something to say that wasn't the real reason.
"Taking a break" I reply, even though she might already know. Our families were close that way.
The rain is still coming down around us, I think we both forgot. Then there was another crack of thunder, and a bright flash of lightening. Katie screamed and hugged me again, practically jumping in my arms. I had to take a step back to keep my footing as she hid her face in my chest.
"What happened?" I asked,
She looked up at me, the rain dropping on her skin making it look like tears were running down her cheeks.
"My stupid car won't start" she replied, unwrapping her arms from around me.
"Do you need a lift?" I asked,
She looked at me, and semi smiled "Do you mind?" she asked, "I was going to call up Shawn"
Who the hell was Shawn? She must have noticed the look on my face, because she answered before I could even ask.
"My finance" she replied, holding up her left hand to show me her ring.
Damn that thing was huge. I blinked a few times, not really getting a good look at it in the street light.
"Oh...well congratulations" I replied, trying my best to smile.
Katie smiled brightly, "Thanks" she said "Anyway, I was going to call him, but he's actually away for the week"
I nodded, "Grab what you need, and I'll take you home" I said.

She nodded and opened her car door, I rushed back to my Jeep getting inside it and starting it up again. I turned on the heater full blast, and defrosting my windows. I glanced back at her from the rear view mirror, and saw her rushing to the passenger side of the car with her purse. She opened the door and got inside, closing the door quickly and putting on her seat belt.

"Geezish, its cold" she replied, immediately putting her hands to the vents letting the hot air blow over them.
"You still live with your parents?" I asked her,
She shook her head no "I moved in with Shawn a few months ago" she looked out the window, "Keep driving straight and I'll tell you where to go"

I nodded and pulled away from the curb and headed down the road. The rain made a constant tapping on my car, almost making a soothing rhythm as I continued to drive. We drove in silence for a minute before she told me to turn right at the next light; I did so looking around the area trying to remember my way around. It had been a long time since I had been home, maybe too long. I took a couple of more turns on her command and then stopped in front of a simple one story house at the end of the cul-de-sac.

"Well, here it is" she said, smiling "It's small but its home"
I nodded, but still didn't say anything. She looked out the window at it, and then turned back to me.
"You want to come in and warm up?" she asked,
I looked at her. Could I really do that? She's engaged to some other man, and yeah we've been friends for decades, but I haven't talked to her in years. I was lost in my thoughts when I felt her hand grab mine.
"C'mon, I'll make some coffee, and I got some home made cookies inside" she said with a wink.
I sighed, "Alright" I replied, I hope I don't regret this.

We made our way out of the car, and ran towards the house trying not to get too wet; even though we were both soaked to the bone from standing out in the rain. We got safely under the porch, and Katie began to look for her keys. I looked around the neighborhood at the homes, they were pretty spread out so they weren't right on top of each other, and each one had a small porch light on.

"Ah hah, found it" she replied, slipping it inside the hole.

It opened right away, and she took the key out stepping inside first, turning on the light in the entrance way. I stepped inside, making sure I wasn't traipsing mud into the house, and the smell waffled over me once again: wild flowers. She had the heater on full blast so the house was warm and toasty. She hung up her bag by the door and took off her jacket as well. I looked around the small home, it was nice and homey. Seemed like a good place to start living independently.

"Well take a load off" she said, signaling me further into the house.

I kicked off my shoes, not wanting to get her floor all dirty. She walked straight into the hall way towards what looked like the kitchen and I followed slowly. In the hall way she had pictures hanging up and I glanced at them. They broke my heart, pictures of her and this Shawn guy, family members, and even ones of me and her from high school (not alone of course but with our group of friends). I was lost in my thoughts, when I heard her say my name again.

"Josh?" she questioned,
I winced again, as I made my way into the kitchen where she was standing by the counter putting coffee into the coffee maker.
"So, how long have you and Shawn been together?" I asked, not really thinking of anything else I could say.
"Um..." she thought about it for a minute "Almost a year"
I nodded as I watched her leaning against the doorway. God, she was everything I wanted. She just didn't know how I felt, I guess I can't really blame her since I never opened my stupid mouth and said anything to her.
"What does he do?" I asked.
Why was this so awkward? I had been friends with her forever before I even had feelings for her, and even while I had feelings for her in high school it still wasn't awkward, I was just her really good friend.
"He works with my dad on computers for big businesses" she replied, "So he's away a lot but, it's good, it's like our time to get stuff done without the distraction of each other"
Great, he works with her dad. Now there is NO way they're going to split. He's in the family business. She finished with the coffee and got out two mugs, and also unwrapped a plate of cookies that were sitting on the counter.
"Let's sit in the living room it's more comfortable" she said walking toward the hallway once again.

I followed her as she turned left into a room there; it was an average sized living room with a long couch, a recliner, coffee table in the middle, a fire place to the far side of the room and an average size TV in the corner. I went and sat down on the far edge of the couch, as she put the plate of cookies on the coffee table.

"You should take off that sweatshirt, it's soaked" she said looking at me
"I'm okay" I replied,
She rolled her eyes at me "Josh, seriously, I'll throw it in the dryer it'll be dry in no time" she said,
I sighed; she probably wouldn't stop until I did. I stood up and lifted the sweatshirt over my head taking it off; all I had under it was a plain white muscle shirt. She held her hand out for it as I gave it to her,
"Thanks" I replied

She nodded and got up, walking into the back of the house where I assumed she had a washer and dryer. I looked around the room once she was gone at the things around it. She had some small knick knacks on the mantel above the fire place, more pictures, some figurines etc. Then there it was, the picture, I didn't even know she kept it. It was a picture of just her and I, it was at prom. The jerk boyfriend she had then had just dumped her the day before, and she was heart broken, she didn't even want to go. I had convinced her to go, and we had a great time, she didn't leave my side the whole night. We even ended up kissing at the end of the night, but the next day she chocked it up to being emotional about her date. What else was I going to say? So I just agreed with her, and we would remain best friends. I was too busy thinking about the past, that I hadn't heard her come back.

"Whatcha lookin at?" she asked me,
I turned quickly to see her walking into the room holding two cups of coffee. I shook my head,
"Nothing" I replied

I quickly walked back towards her, and she handed me a cup before we both sat down. I took a sip of the hot liquid. Wow that tasted great, not just like a cup of coffee. She looked up at me after she took a sip, and must have noticed my expression.

She giggled, "You alright?" she asked
I could feel my cheeks getting hot as I nodded, "This tastes great" I said
She nodded, "I hope so," she said "It's my own creation"
I looked at her once again confused, and she giggled once again. God I could listen to her laugh all day.
"You know where you picked me up?" she asked
I nodded,
"That's my coffee shop" she replied "I own it"
"Wow, really?" I asked
She nodded, putting the cup back onto the table and took a cookie off the plate popping it into her mouth.
"It was a long time coming, but finally I got my own shop" she said
"Wow, that's amazing" I replied
She smiled, "Thanks" she said,
We were silent for a minute as she finished eating the cookie, and I reached over and grabbed one taking a bite. Wow that was good.
"So what have you been up to?" she asked,
I shrugged, "Um just producing mostly" I replied
"Oh really?" she questioned "What kind? Movies? Music?"
"Mostly music" I replied,
"That's great Josh" she said with a smile "Any women in your life?"
I shook my head as I reached for the coffee cup again.
"No?" she questioned "Well that doesn't seem like you"
I semi smiled as I took a drink, "Women are too complicated sometimes" I replied
"Oh come on" she said with a wink "Not all of them"
Hah, if she only knew.
"Oh geezish, I'm sorry" she replied "Did you want a sweatshirt or something; I can grab something of Shawn's"
"Oh no no I'm fine" I replied
"Are you sure?" she asked, "I don't want to be responsible for you getting sick, your mom would have my head"
I shook my head once again, "I'm alright, it's pretty warm in here" I said
"Alright" she replied, and sat back against the couch.

It's almost like the hard times circle round,
A couple drops, and they all start comin down
Yeah, I might feel defeated,
And I might hang my head,
I might be barely breathing,
But I'm not dead

'Cause tomorrow's another day
And I'm thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

I couldn't figure out why this was so weird. She was like my best friend, and I could barely look at her. We talked a little bit more, just about what had been going on around town and with people that we knew. Things don't change that much around here, and she proved me right of that. There will still some of the same teachers in the high school, and in other jobs. I finally began to loosen up around her, which I'm sure she noticed. It was nice to talk to her again, like old times. After a few hours, I happen to glance up at the clock above the mantel, wow it was almost 1 am. She must've noticed me looking because she in turn looked at the clock as well.

"Wow, it's already 1 in the morning" she said with a yawn
"I should probably go" I replied standing
She looked up at me, "You don't have to" she said
What does she mean by that?
"What?" I asked
She semi smiled "It's really late" she replied, "And I'm sure your mom won't appreciate you coming in the house at 1 in the morning"
That was true.
"Are you sure it's okay?" I asked,
She nodded "Sure, its fine" she said,
"If you're positive" I replied
"Josh, its fine" she said standing up taking the two empty coffee cups, and the empty plate.
I should seriously tell her to stop calling me that. I waited for her to come back into the room and tell me where to go. She came back a few minutes later,
"Alright, follow me" she said, signaling me to come towards her
We walked down the hall and took a left instead of a right and headed down another hallway where there were a couple of closed doors. She pointed to the first one,
"That's the bathroom" she replied,
I nodded, and then she pointed to a room at the opposite side of the bathroom.
"Here's the guest bedroom," she replied and opened the door
There was a nice sized full bed, a single lamp in the corner, and a dresser on the side.
"My rooms down the hall at the end, last door" she said "Incase you need anything"
I nodded, "Thanks Kat" I replied
She smiled, "Oh yeah, you want some sweats or something?" she replied, "It gets pretty cold in this room"
I shook my head, "I'll be okay" I replied
She looked at me and nodded; she then walked up to me and wrapped her arms around my neck.
"It's good to see you Josh" she said, and kissed my cheek
I held her waist, hugging her back. "You too Kat" I replied, God that scent was going to kill me.

We broke the hug and she walked towards the door, looking back at me once more before she closed it. I sat down on the bed with a huff, and looked around the room. There was nothing extraordinary around the room; it was just a simple room for people to sleep. I got up and pulled down the covers on the bed and then slipped off my jeans, folding them and putting them on top of the dresser. I shut off the lamp, and felt my way towards the bed getting under the covers and laying on my back. I could smell her scent in the pillow case, as a buried my face in it taking a big whiff. Geezish, she smelt so good. As I lay on my back, I looked up at the ceiling and saw the glow of the moon dancing across it with the shadows of the trees. I could hear the tapping of the rain against the window; I can't believe it hadn't lightened up. I heard another crack of thunder, and kind of huddled under the covers covering my face with the blanket. A few minutes had passed, and I couldn't get any sleep, when I heard the bedroom door creak open.

"Josh?" I heard

I sat up, looking towards the door way, Ashley was standing there wearing my jersey. Wait what? I looked down at her shirt one more time; it was my old basket ball jersey from high school. I had given it to her after graduation because she wanted a ‘memory of me' she would say, since I was going to California. I was lost in my thoughts once again, when she spoke.

"Josh, are you awake?" she asked
I looked up at her, "Are you alright?" I asked her
She licked her lips, crossing her arms over her chest "Can I sleep with you?" she asked
Wait? What?
"The storm is scaring me" she said
I responded by moving over to the edge of the bed, so she would have room to climb in. She closed the door, and smiled as she made her way towards the bed. She got under the covers, trying to get comfortable. I turned so that I was facing her, and she was in turn facing me as well.
"Thanks" she replied with a smile
"Uh huh" was all I said
I watched her as she closed her eyes, and all I wanted to do was lean forward and press her lips to mine. But I had to restrain myself, she was engaged. She must have felt someone watching her because she opened her eyes and caught me looking at her; she looked into my eyes and smiled.
"What's wrong?" she asked
I shook my head, "Nothing" I replied quickly, "Are you warm enough?"
She nodded, "Hmm" she said and closed her eyes once again "Nice and toasty"

I nodded, and closed my eyes once again. I lay quietly, trying to fall asleep but all I could hear was Katie's soft breathing as she went into a deep sleep. I could tell because she started to breath deeply, that usually meant she was dreaming. After what seemed like hours, my heavy eye lids closed and I fell asleep.

Oooh...
No I'm not gonna let it get me down
I'm not gonna cry
And I'm not gonna lose any sleep... tonight

'Cause tomorrow's another day
And I am not afraid
So bring on the rain

The morning came quickly, and I think the only reason I woke up was because the rain had finally stopped. There was no rain coming down, no thunder, and no lightening. I opened my eyes slowly, and saw Katie's face in front of me. I was about to stretch when I felt the warmth of her hands wrapped around mine. I opened my eyes more, and noticed our fingers intertwined together. My eyes blinked as I tried to think of how I was going to get out of this without waking her up. I didn't have to though, because it seemed like a second later her eyes fluttered open, and she was looking at me.

"Morning..." she said sleepily
I smiled, "Hi" I said,
She looked down at our hands and noticed they were intertwined, and she quickly took them off of mine.
"Sorry" she replied, turning over
I smiled, "Its fine"
She sat up in the bed, and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. I looked at her back, and all I wanted to do was lean her back and lay a wet one on her lips. Before any more unnatural thoughts seeped into my mind, she turned and looked at me.
"You want some coffee?" she asked,
I shrugged, "I'm okay for now" I replied,
She nodded, then stood up and walked towards the door.
"Hey Kat" I said before stopping myself
She turned and looked at me, and I looked into her dark brown eyes all the words left my mind, and I couldn't think of anything to say except,
"Thanks" I replied, smiling, like an idiot I'm sure.

She smiled at me and nodded, before walking out the door. As she closed the door behind her, I fell back onto the bed with a huff. What an idiot. I really need to get out of here and think things over before I make a bigger fool of myself. I got up, and put my jeans back on, stuffing my car keys and wallet into the pocket before making the bed. A couple minutes later I walked out of the room slowly sticking my head out to look down the hall towards Katie's bedroom, the door was closed. So I stepped out, and started to walk down the opposite way towards the kitchen, hoping she had left my sweat shirt sitting somewhere. For whatever reason, things seemed awkward between us and it was probably best for me to just get out as soon as I could. I found my sweat shirt folded neatly on the dinning room table in the kitchen and sighed as I unfolded it and put it on, God there was that smell again. I buried my head in the opening, and took a big sniff closing my eyes at the scent.

"Josh"

My eyes popped open, and I looked behind me and there was Katie, she was dressed in some jeans, with a plain black T-shirt with what I guest was the coffee shop logo on it. She didn't seem to notice what was I doing, and she walked further into the kitchen.

"Can I ask you a favor?" she questioned
I nodded, "What's up?" I asked
"Can you give me a ride to work" she replied, "I'll call someone and get my car fixed today while I'm at work...but I need a ride there"
"Sure, no problem" I said
She smiled, "Thanks, I'll just be a minute" she said and walked back into her bedroom

As she closed the door to her room, I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. Geezish, what was I doing? I'm just getting in deeper with her aren't I? I went towards the entrance of the house, and stuck on my shoes that were now dry and waited there for Katie to finish getting dressed. Soon she came walking out of the back of the house, this time with a sweater over her shirt, and her hair up and make up on. She reached for her purse that was hung up by the door from the night before, and slipped on her shoes as well. I opened the door and headed towards my Jeep as she closed and locked the front door. I started up my Jeep letting it warm up, turning on the heater; even though the rain had stopped it was still cold. Katie got into the car, and buckled her seat belt.

"You remember how to get there?" she asked
I nodded, "Yeah, I can figure it out" I replied

She smiled, and looked out the window as I drove towards the destination. Something was different, I couldn't put my finger on it, but something had changed from last night until this morning. We did sleep in the same bed, but it's not like we had sex or anything or kissed for that matter. The drive was fast, and soon I was parked in front of her car like I had been the night before. She turned towards me and reached for me putting her arms around my neck.

"I'll see you later" she said,
I smiled and hugged her back "Yeah," I said "Thanks for taking me in"
She laughed, "Thanks for saving me" she replied

We broke the hug, and looked at each other. For whatever reason she wasn't moving, and I wasn't about to either. Before my mind could connect with my body, I leaned forward and pressed my lips ever so lightly to hers. She didn't respond a first, but a minute later she had begun to kiss me back. I moved my hands to her face, holding her cheek lightly as our lips moved together. A few seconds later, Katie broke the kiss quickly looking at me kind of stunned.

"Josh, I uh, gotta go" she said quickly exiting my car.

She closed the door, and waved to me as she walked towards the coffee shop opening the door with her key. She stepped inside, and I sighed laying my head on the steering wheel. What have I done?

After dropping Katie off at the shop, I headed home. To see my family. My mom would have been very upset if I didn't. I got there and she was there with open arms waiting for me. I love my mom; I can talk to her about almost anything. Heather was at the library doing some school work, while Tyler was off working or hanging out with friends at the time (my mom didn't quite remember) and my dad was working as well. She made me a home cooked breakfast while I went up stairs and took a quick shower and changed into some comfortable and clean clothes. I came down the stairs, as mom was setting up the dinning room table with my food. I sat down with a smile, and she brought the plate over and kissed the top of my head. I immediately dug in, eating it all up like I hadn't eaten in days. She soon came and sat down across from me with a cup of coffee.

"So, how are things baby?" she asked me
I looked up at her, as I took a drink of orange juice.
"They're okay" I replied, "Just stressful with the deadlines that labels put on us"
She nodded her understanding, "You're staying healthy though right?" she questioned "Eating right, getting enough sleep"
I had to smile "Yes mom" I replied, "Don't worry"
"Of course I worry, you're my son" she said

I shook my head and I continued eating, as she talked to me about what was going on around town, with herself, my brother and sister, and of course my dad. A few minutes later I had finished my meal, and was leaning back in my chair continuing my conversation with my mom when she asked a surprising question.

"Have you met Shawn yet?" she asked,
I blinked, and shook my head. Wow, that was random.
"He's a really nice young man, I know Katie really likes him" she said
I closed my eyes for a second, even my mom likes him.
"Josh?" she questioned "Are you okay?"
I looked at her, and nodded "I wasn't going to tell you this but, I got in really late last night and I was driving through town when I saw someone sitting in a car in front of the coffee shop"
My mom watched me.
"So I pulled over, and it was Katie, her car wasn't starting and I guess Shawn was away" I started "So I took her home, and she offered me some coffee and what not, so I went inside and we talked like old times, and it was late so I ended up staying over"
"Josh what-" my mom started but I cut her off finishing my story.
"We ended up sleeping in the same bed, because she was scared from the storm" I finished, "And this morning when I dropped her off...I kissed her"
"Joshua!" she scolded me
I winced, and closed my eyes once more.
"Joshua, you know she's engaged!" she screeched at me,
"I know mom, but I love her" I replied, "I have since high school!"
"You can't just go around kissing other men's fiancés" she said
I laid my head on the table, sighing. Even my own mother was upset with me. I couldn't imagine what Katie was thinking right now.
"I don't know what to do, I can't not talk about it with her, because it happened" I replied
She sighed, and got up from her seat across from me. She stood behind me and hugged me, wrapping me in her warm embrace.
"You need to tell her how you feel" she said, "And if she doesn't feel the same way, you need to move on"
"But Mom-" I started, but she covered my mouth with her hand
"No," she said "She's a lovely young woman with a lot going for her...and if she doesn't feel the same, you need to respect that"
I sighed as I looked up at her, as she took her hand away from my mouth.
"Okay?" she questioned
I nodded, "Thanks mom" I said
She smiled and kissed my head once more, "You're welcome" she said "Now...what shall we do today?"

'Cause tomorrow's another day
And I'm thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain
So bring on the rain... Bring on the rain... Ooh...

So here I was, lying on my bed in the room if my parents house. I was trying to sleep, but it wasn't working. I sighed and looked out the window that was next to my bed, and looked out at the clouds forming. It looks like we were going to get another storm. Yuck. I hadn't heard from Katie all day, I drove by the coffee shop later to check to see if she might need a ride when the shop closed. But Amanda told me she had gone on her lunch to pick up her car from the shop. So I figured she was okay. I went out to dinner with my brother and sister to catch up with them, while my mom and dad stayed home. It was good to hear from all of them again, and talk and laugh with them. I missed them more then I would admit. So after dinner, we went home and watched a movie before everyone settled into their rooms for the night. Just as I was about to close my eyes, I heard the thunder roll in the distance and my eyes popped open. I sat up and looked out the window and saw the rain drops starting to fall from the sky. I sighed and lay back down on my back, looking at the ceiling. I had to talk to her, I had to explain. I got up and threw on a sweat shirt, slipping on my sneakers, grabbing the car keys and wallet. I opened the door from my room and rushed down the hall and down the stairs. My mom was in the living room with my dad, and she turned to me as I came down the stairs.

"Where are you going?" she asked me
I looked at her, and she knew. She signaled me over to her, and I walked towards her. She grabbed my hand pulling me towards her, and kissed my cheek.
"Good luck baby" she said

I smiled, and kissed her other cheek. I then headed out of the door quickly, running to my Jeep as the rain poured from the sky. I started it up, and headed towards Katie's house. I drove at a speedy pace, probably too speedy I could feel my tires slip as I would turn a corner. I reached Katie's house, a few minutes later this, now the rain was pouring making puddles all over the place. I reached her house and saw her car parked out front, and a single light on by the front door. As I parked my car, I noticed she was getting out of her car holding onto a bag. I got out quickly, walking towards her practically falling on my face as I called out to her.

"Katie!" I screamed, my voice barely making any noise against the pounding rain.
She must have heard me or something because she turned looking right at me as I made my way towards her. She stopped walking, standing there in the rain.
"Josh what-" she started, but I cut her off

I leaned in and pressed my lips to hers once again. Her lips moved against mine once and I knew she couldn't deny me. We continued to kiss as the rain came down around us, as I pulled her close to me wrapping my arms around her. She wrapped her arms around my neck, as she put her hand in my hair, pulling me closer to her. Just as things were getting hot and heavy there was another crack of thunder, which caused Katie to break the kiss and look up at the sky. I continued to hold onto her waist, as she looked from the sky at me.

"Josh..." she said, "We're getting soaked"
"Bring on the rain!" I practically shouted, as I closed my eyes lifting my face to the sky feeling the rain drops pound on my face.
I heard her giggle, and I looked down at her "I love you" I said,
I saw her smile get bigger, "I love you too" she replied

This made me grin like an idiot, as I picked her up twirling her around as she squealed and reached down to kiss me once more. Oh I could get used to this. After a minute we decided to head inside before we got sick from being out in the rain. Even though we had a lot to talk about, I knew that things would turn out the way they were supposed to. Because sometimes when you just admit something to someone, it might turn out just the right way.

*&*The End*&*

Bring On The Rain - Jo Dee Messina

*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki