You Give Me Something by Sassy Spacey


Number of reviews: 99
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You Give Me Something
By: Traci W.


Hailey Davis walked into her small apartment in some comfy sweat pants and a tank top, her long brown hair up in a high pony tail. She had just got done doing her daily jog around the block with her cousin Sam. He lived the apartment complex down the street and usually every morning at 7 am, they met each other on the corner and went for a light jog around the block.

Sam followed behind her; he had on black baggy basketball shorts and a white wife beater, a black sweat band around his shaved head. His skin tanned—a dark brown—from being out in the sun most of the day, he worked in construction.

The two cousins have been attached at the hip since they could remember. He was the best guy friend a girl could have, and she was the same to him. They knew all about each other’s secrets, things like cheating on tests, to cheating on their significant others—well that was more of Sam’s territory, he prided himself in being known as a player; which only made Hailey question men even more.

Hailey dropped her keys on the side table by the front door and kicked off her running shoes as she made her way into the small kitchen, Sam followed behind her doing the exact same with his keys and shoes.

“Are you hungry?” Hailey called as she opened the fridge, still kind of panting from the race they just had to her door.

He shook his head “Nah” he said, “I’ll take a water though”

Hailey took two water bottles out of the fridge and tossed one at him as she closed the door with her foot and opened hers. Sam caught it with his left hand as he sat down at the bar and opened the water and took a big gulp. Hailey leaned against the bar, her breathing coming back to a normal pace.

“So what do you think?” she asked, referring to the conversation they shared on their jog.

Sam looked at her, staying quiet for a minute as he thought about their conversation. He took another drink from his water bottle before turning to look at her.

“I think you need to let him go” he said honestly.

Hailey winced, she was afraid he would say that. What Sam was referring to, was Hailey’s year and a half relationship she had with her boyfriend, JC. They hit a rough spot in their relationship, and couldn’t quiet get over the bump in the road. When Hailey didn’t reply, Sam spoke up again.

“I think you need to take the job in New York” he began “And see where it takes you”

Hailey whined, “I don’t want to go to New York” she said, “I want to stay here and be with him”

“Maybe he doesn’t want you here” Sam said.

Ouch. That hurt. But it could be the truth.

“You don’t know him” Hailey defended, “He’s a deep thinker Sam, he’s not like other guys”

“What did he say about New York?” Sam asked,

Hailey sighed, “He doesn’t want me to go” she said, and looked at him.

“Exactly my point,” Sam replied, “He wants you to sit at home and be Susie homemaker”

She rolled her eyes, “He doesn’t” she defended “He just wants me here, and I want to be here too”

“Why?” he asked, “For a warm body he can curl up too at night?”

Hailey rolled her eyes once more.

“And stop doin that, haven’t you heard of that saying” he started “If you roll your eyes so much they’re gonna stay like that”

Hailey crossed her arms over her chest looking at him, her face stern.

“I love him” she said simply.

Sam got off the stool and walked towards her, his arms opening up and wrapping them around her. Hailey sighed into his embrace, feeling the familiar comfort she felt when she was younger and scared. She knew she could count on him, and he would always be there for her.

Hailey hid her face in the side of his neck, as she felt the tears starting to well up in her eyes. She knew that he was right, and she had a lot to think about. They broke the hug a few minutes later, and he leaned forward to kiss her cheek.

“I gotta go, Ashley’s waiting for me” he said, with a wink.

Hailey chuckled and smacked his shoulder “You player” she said “Weren’t you with Megan last week?”

He chuckled; “Yeah, but I think Ashley’s the one” he winked again.

Hailey shook her head at her cousin’s ways.

He laughed, and rested a hand on her shoulder “Call me if you need me” he said.

She nodded, and sat down on the stool he had occupied and watched as he finished off the water bottle and tossed it at her before making his way out of the kitchen. She heard him grab his keys and scuff his shoes on before opening the front door and closing it behind him.

Hailey sat there a minute, leaning her head on her arm as she looked out the window of her kitchen at the trees as they slightly swayed in the wind. She had some things to think about before she headed off to see JC later.

You only stay with me in the morning
You only hold me when I sleep
I was meant to tread the water
But now I've gotten in too deep

For every piece of me that wants you
Another piece backs away


JC’s eyes began to open, he really didn’t want to wake up but something was causing the sleep to leave his body. He turned onto his side, immediately reaching out for the body he knew should be there. When he felt the warmness of her body, he immediately moved closer to her, spooning her against his chest. His face went to the back of her neck, as he tried to get himself back to sleep once more.

He could feel sleep taking over his body again, but then he felt his arm being lifted, and the warmth was leaving once again. He opened his eyes slowly and saw Hailey climb out of the covers, sitting up on the side of the bed.

He groaned sleepily, and she immediately turned around to face him noticing his eyes were half open in sleep.

“Sorry baby, I didn’t mean to wake you” she said,

“Where are you going?” he asked his voice still full of sleep.

“On my jog with Sam” she said, she turned herself and leaned down to be face to face with him on the bed.

He immediately reached out to her, wrapping his arm around her waist and bringing her body to his. Hailey watched him, as he closed his eyes once more and sighed sleep beginning to take over his body once again. Hailey watched him a minute, as his breathing began deeply once more.

She reached out and ran her lips across his forehead, leaving small kisses there.

“I have to go” she whispered, “I’ll be back in an hour”

“Stay with me” he mumbled sleepily, as she tried to leave his embrace.

Hailey watched him, it was so tempting, but she had to stand her ground.

“I’ll be back,” she whispered “I promise and I’ll even make you some breakfast ok?”

He groaned and moved his arms from around her body and turned onto his other side, his back facing Hailey. She sighed and lifted the covers up over his shirt clad chest, tucking him in and leaned down to kiss his cheek.

“I love you baby” she whispered,

He didn’t respond, as she got out of the bed and headed towards the connected bathroom closing the door and turning on the light.

A few minutes later she emerged from the bathroom, dressed in a pair of black bike shorts and a spandex tank top and headed down the hallway to grab her keys and slip on her shoes before heading out the door towards the corner to meet her cousin.

Sam was already on the corner stretching his back and arms out, as he jogged in place.

“You’re late” he said,

Hailey sighed as she reached him, and didn’t stop as he began to jog up the street with her.

“He didn’t want me to go” she said,

“This guy” Sam said frustrated, “He needs to man up”

“Sam, stop it” Hailey said, “I don’t want to talk about it, let’s jus run”

Sam nodded, and he picked up speed as they ran up the street on their familiar route.

You give me something
That makes me scared alright
This could be nothing
But I'm willing to give it a try
Please give me something
Because someday I might know my heart


About 45 minutes later, Hailey walked back into her apartment after her run. Sam opted to head straight home this time instead of coming over for a water like usual. Hailey knew why, but she didn’t say anything as she hugged him good bye and he jogged down to his apartment complex.

The apartment was still quiet, and she heard no signs of JC as she kicked her shoes off by the front door. She immediately headed back down towards her bedroom, her feet padding lightly on the hard wood floor. She poked her head inside the bedroom and saw JC’s form still spread out across the bed his body buried under the blanket.

She made her way towards the bed, and got in next to him carefully as to not wake him up. She could feel the heat radiating from his body under the covers as she moved her body closer to his. She wrapped her arms around his bringing his back against her chest as she leaned down to hide her face in his neck.

She heard the sleepy groan escape his lips and knew he was waking up.

“Good morning baby” she mumbled into his neck, kissing it softly.

“Are you back?” he mumbled,

Hailey smiled, “Yeah” she said “See it wasn’t that long was it?”

He mumbled a response. Hailey leaned over his shoulder to get a look at his face. His face was smashed into the pillow, his hair a tussled mess as his eyes struggled to stay open against the brightness coming in from the window.

“You want me to make you breakfast?” she asked,

He shook his head, “What time is it?” he asked,

“Almost 8” she said, “You have work?”

He nods before closing his eyes once more, “I’m doing a shoot at the beach at noon” he said.

“Oh that sounds fun” Hailey said, “It should be nice to catch some sun”

He turned himself so that he was lying on his back now with Hailey on top of him, as she leaned against his chest face to face with him.

“What do you have planned today?” he asked, as his arms wrapped around his waist.

“I have a meeting with the boss” Hailey said, “To discuss New York”

Hailey watched as JC’s expression went to semi happy to extremely pensive. He sighed as he leaned back and closed his eyes again. Hailey sighed and leaned down to kiss his lips lightly.

“How’s your cousin?” he asked, changing the subject—something he was good at.

“Fine” Hailey said simply, “He’s got a job out in Santa Monica later”

“A buddy of mine wanted to add a guest house to his property” JC said, “I recommended him, and gave him his number”

Hailey smiled, “You did?” she questioned and leaned down to kiss him once again “That’s sweet of you”

JC smiled sleepily.

“What time are you gonna be home?” she asked,

He shrugged, “They wanted to get some pictures during the day, but also by the moon light” he began “So I don’t really know”

“Okay” Hailey said, “Sam wanted me to go with him and Ashley to this new restaurant downtown, so if you think you’re gonna be early call me and you can join us ok?”

He nodded. She leaned down to kiss his lips lightly once more “I gotta shower and change” she said.

She was about to leave his embrace when he wrapped his arms around her tighter, she looked down at him a bit surprised. He reached up to bring her lips into a more sincere kiss; Hailey leaned against him with a small groan. They broke the kiss and Hailey smiled at him.

“I gotta go” she said with a chuckle.

“Okay” he said and layback down under the covers.

Hailey smiled, and got off the bed heading towards the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for her day. Things would be okay, for now.

You only waited up for hours
Just to spend a little time alone with me
And I can say I've never bought you flowers
I can't work out what they mean

I never thought that I'd love someone
That was someone else's dream


JC didn’t get out of work in time to join Hailey and her cousin and Ashley at the restaurant. The model he was working with was making things difficult, and he was lucky that they got out of there by two in the morning.

As JC drove the down the busy streets he looked out at the night life that surrounded him. He remembered when he would be out all hours of the night, with nothing unparticular to do but that fact that he could be out was the thrill of it.

He felt bad for not making it to the restaurant and had been trying to think of something to make it up to Hailey. He thought about going to the 24 hour market to pick up some flowers, but decided against it. He couldn’t understand how flowers were supposed to express the love you had for someone, but they die. Did that mean that the love they shared would eventually die?

He shook his head free of the thoughts as he headed down the familiar street towards the apartment he shared with Hailey. He thought about calling her to tell her he was going to be late, but he knew he would hear how upset she was in her tone. So he opted to just head home, no flowers, no gifts, just him.

He pulled into the familiar parking spot of his complex and got out, locking his car and heading up the steps to his apartment door. He put his key in the lock and it opened quietly, the moon light cascading into the house from the open door. The house was completely dark, with the exception of a small light coming from the back of the house, which JC knew was from the lamp by their bedside.

He kicked off his shoes, sitting them next to where Hailey has her jogging shoes and put his keys down on the table next to hers. He made his way to the back of the apartment where the bedroom was and peeked his head inside to see Hailey sitting up against the head board, the lamp by the bedside giving her a soft glow as she read a book. Her eyes immediately turned to the door way as JC came into view.

“Hey” she said her voice full of sleep.

He semi smiled, and walked into the room and started to pull off his T-shirt.

“I didn’t think you’d still be awake” He replied

Hailey yawned as she put the book mark in her book, and rested it on the bedside table.

“I almost didn’t make it” she said, and sunk under the covers.

JC got undressed and slipped on a pair of pajama pants and got next to her under the covers. Hailey immediately turned to him after shutting off the lamp and snuggled into his awaiting arms as JC got comfortable under the covers.

“How’d the shoot go?” she asked.

“Okay,” he said, “The girl was really something”

“Yeah?” Hailey questioned.

They stayed quiet for a minute; JC just listened to the sound of her breathing, in and out deeply and watched the shadows from the night light creep into their bedroom from the window.

“Sorry I couldn’t make it to the restaurant” JC said suddenly.

Hailey sighed, “It’s ok” she said “It was a bust anyway”

“Yeah?” he questioned

She nodded and moved more into his embrace as she laid her head on his chest and turned up to look at him.

“By the time we sat down the place was gonna close in an hour so we barely got a drink and an appetizer” Hailey said, “You can say that Sam wasn’t very happy”

JC chuckled, “I’m sure he gave them hell” he said

She giggled and nodded before lying back on his chest. Her arm went and wrapped around his waist hugging him close. JC leaned down and kissed her forehead lightly, he really didn’t want to ask her about the meeting, he knew where this conversation would lead. He was hoping maybe she would fall asleep, and that would be the end of it.

“We need to talk about this you know” Hailey said suddenly

JC held onto her tighter, and closed his eyes with a sigh.

“Not now,” he said “Tomorrow ok?”

“Jace…” she started.

“Please Hails…” he said “Let’s just get some sleep”

Hailey sighed, and leaned up and kissed his lips lightly before snuggling into his arm and began to fall asleep in the comfort of him embrace. JC lay awake for a few more minutes, looking out at the night sky before finally letting sleep take over his body and fall into slumber.

You give me something
That makes me scared alright
This could be nothing
But I'm willing to give it a try
Please give me something
Because someday I might call you from my heart


In the morning Hailey woke up early like usual, got dressed and headed out on her run with Sam. When she came back to her apartment JC was gone already. She figured he had work to get done, and didn’t think anything of it.

Hailey went about her morning, showering and changing before heading off to work. Her day went by in a flash as soon as she got to work, there were none stop phone calls and meetings. She thought long and hard about the position on New York that was being offered to her, and thought she had come to a decision. Now all she had to do was tell JC.

She stepped into her house around 6 that night and instantly stopped in her tracks; she could smell something cooking. Her eyes scrunched in confusion as she put her purse down on the table by the door along with her keys and began to walk towards the small kitchen, her heels clinking on the hard wood floor.

“Jace?” she called,

“I’m in the kitchen!” he called out, and then she heard mumbled curses.

She chuckled and continued her journey towards the kitchen. She could see the see the smoke coming from the open door, and she shook her head.

“Don’t burn the house down baby” she said as she walked into the kitchen.

She could hear the frustrated groan coming from his figure as he stood at the sink, hot water pouring out of the facet. She walked towards him noticing the mess of pots and pans around the kitchen, and she went behind his back and wrapped her arms around him. He sighed and hung his head.

“I tried to make us something, but I guess we should take out the take out menus” he said in defeat.

Hailey smiled as she rested her cheek to his back, feeling the warmth of his body cascade on her face. He turned so that they were facing each other, and he looked into her eyes and leaned down a little to kiss her. Hailey groaned as her hand cupped his cheek, as she deepened the kiss. JC broke the kiss a minute later, and kissed her head before he spoke.

“I’ll order, what do you want?” he asked,

Hailey smiled, “Doesn’t matter, you know what I like” she said

He nodded and reached over for the drawer that was by the phone and opened it.

“Go ahead and get changed,” he said as he picked up the phone from the cradle.

Hailey nodded as she made her way towards the bedroom, her heels still clinking on the hardwood floor as she went. She got into her room and immediately sat down on the bed and pulled off her heels. She could only wear heels for so long before her arches started to hurt.

As soon as she got her shoes off she started to unbutton her suit jacket, and slipped off her dressy pants and slipping on a pair of pajama pants and a T-shirt. She stuck her hair in a pony tail once more before heading back out to find JC.

JC was in the kitchen tossing the discarded pans into the sink, mumbling to himself about the mess he had made. She giggled and began to put things back in their rightful places, cartons back into the fridge and in the pantry.

“I ordered Chinese” he said, “Hope you don’t mind”

Hailey shook her head, “Its fine” she said, “Thanks”

He nodded before going back to cleaning. Their night went as usual, dinner arrived and they set up camp in the living room with their food and drink and turned on the TV to watch some old movie that was on TV before heading to the bedroom where JC would look over his negatives of the shoot and make notes as Hailey went through some work paperwork or read a book.

Finally Hailey couldn’t take the silence anymore; she had to tell JC what was going on. She sighed and put her book down and turned to face him.

“Jace” she said,

“Hmm?” he asked, making some notes on his pad.

“I think I’m going to take the job in New York” she said.

JC stopped what he was writing and turned to look at Hailey as she watched him closely. Before he could say anything, she immediately started to explain.

“I’ll only be gone a month and a half tops” she said, “and you can come visit me on weekends”

JC sighed and closed his eyes, shaking his head.

“I thought we discussed this” JC began

Hailey shook her head, “No, you discussed it” she began, “I had other thoughts”

JC put the negatives into his binder and put the notebook on the side table as he sat up and looked at her. Hailey turned to look at him and sucked her bottom lip into her mouth and began to gnaw on it.

“So what you just want to leave me” JC began

Hailey shook her head, “No!” she started “This is an amazing job opportunity for me, this could help my career on so many levels”

JC remained silent for a minute.

“I don’t understand” she began, “I have supported you in every way that you needed me to, I was okay when you went off to London for two weeks to shoot the Princes’, and when you went to the Caribbean for the Pirates movie”

She could feel the tears starting to well in her eyes, this was supposed to be the man she could share everything with, and he was supposed to support her.

“Do you think I’m not going to come back?” she asked,

When he didn’t respond she knew that was part of the problem, he didn’t trust her. When he continued to remain silent, she took that as a sign she needed to leave. She had been living with this man for almost a year, and he didn’t trust her. She began to pull the covers from over her body and JC immediately grabbed onto her arm.

“Hails wait…” he started.

Hailey tried her best to keep the tears from leaving her eyes, as she stopped her movements. When JC didn’t say anything she continued her journey out of the bed covers,

“I can’t be here right now” she choked out.

She pulled on a sweat shirt that was on the floor and walked towards the door. JC watched helplessly as she walked out of the room, and down the hallway. He leaned back against the headboard, and closed his eyes, a tear escaping as he heard the front door close.

Hailey made her way down the steps of the apartment complex as fast as her feet would carry her and jogged down the street, JC probably knew where she was going but he’d probably never come looking for her. She reached the destined door and knocked on it lightly, seeing that there was still a light on somewhere inside the apartment.

She tried her best to wipe the tears from her eyes as she waited for someone to answer the door. She wiped her eyes with her fingers as the door opened a crack and she saw side of Sam’s face show through.

“Cousin?” he questioned, opening the door more.

With that, Hailey lost it and immediately broke down and wrapped her arms around Sam. Sam sighed as he hugged her tightly knowing exactly what had happened. He brought her into the house and closed his door with his foot, his arms still wrapped around her tightly.

She didn’t say a word to him as he helped her pull out the couch bed in the living room. Ashley had been over and had brought out some blankets and a spare pillow. Hailey smiled her thanks before arranging them on the bed. After she climbed in and covered herself with the blanket, Sam leaned down to be face to face with her.

“Do you still want to go running tomorrow?” he asked

Hailey shook her head no, “I’ll skip it tomorrow” she said,

He nodded, and leaned forward to kiss her forehead.

“Ash and I will keep it down” he said with a wink.

Hailey groaned, “Please do” she said

He chuckled, “Get some sleep cousin” he said

She nodded, “Thanks Sam” she said before turning over.

He shut off the lamp that was on the table, and walked towards the back of the apartment where his bedroom was. That JC had a lot of explaining to do.

But it might be a second too late
And the words that I could never say
Are gonna come out anyway


A couple of days and a few phone calls later, Hailey was on her way to New York. She had gone back to the apartment when she knew JC would not be there and packed her suitcases. She had to do this for her career; it had nothing to do with him.

Sam drove her to the airport at 5 in the morning, and hugged her tightly before she walked into the airport with her carry on and luggage. She boarded the plane some 2 hours later, of course being stuck in the middle of two middle aged fat men. It was the longest flight of her life but some 5 hours later, the plane touched down on New York soil and Hailey filled out of the plane with everyone else.

The company she was working for had a car waiting for her, which was a nice change and she grabbed her luggage and got into the car where it took her on the busy streets of New York to a hotel she would be calling home for the next month and a half.

The bell boy held the door open for her as she stepped inside the average sized room, and he began to put her suitcases into the room. She walked over towards the window on the opposite side of the room and opened the curtains getting the full view of the city. After the bell boy left with his tip, Hailey sat down on the bed with her cell phone in hand going through the phone book for the familiar number.

It rang twice before the familiar male voice picked up.

“Hello”

“Hey Sam,”

“Cousin! Did you make it?”

Hailey laughed, “Yeah, I’m in my hotel room”

“How is it?”

“Fine” she began “Nothing exciting to report yet”

“How was the flight?”

“I got suck between two fat guys”

Sam chuckled, “Of course”

They were silent for a minute.

“Has JC come by?” she asked.

“Do you really care?”

“Sam…” she whined

“Just enjoy your stay in New York won’t you?”

Before Hailey could reply, he spoke up again.

“I gotta go, Ash and I are goin dancing”

“Alright,”

“Bye cousin, love you”

“Love you, bye”

Hailey hung up the phone and looked at it for a minute, before dialing another number. She got up and looked out the window once more, as the phone rang 4 times before the answering machine picked up, her voice ringing through the phone.

“You’ve reached JC and Hailey’s, sorry we’re not around to take your call, but leave a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. Bye!”

Hailey waited a minute before speaking into the phone.

“Hey Jace, it’s me. I just wanted to let you know that I got to New York safely…I uh hope you’re okay…umm, well you know where to reach me. I love you. Bye”

She hung up and phone and sighed and went to lay back on the bed with a huff. This was going to be the longest month and a half of her life.

You give me something
That makes me scared alright
This could be nothing
But I'm willing to give it a try
Please give me something


JC listened to the message, probably one too many times. On one hand he was happy that she had bothered to call him and let him know she was okay, but on the other he was upset. He was upset that she had decided to go, without his blessing.

After playing the message a few times, he realized he was being selfish. She was completely right, she had supported him in every way when it came to his career, and he should be able to do the same with her.

He knew what he had to do too, but he needed to finish up his work first. There were prior commitments that needed to be done before he could pick up and head off to New York for who knows how long. He tried calling her, but she never picked up the phone. He didn’t know if it was because she saw who was calling or because she was busy. He never felt like leaving a message either. His last option of finding out where she was was to go over to Sam’s.

He walked out of the apartment one afternoon with a day off ahead of him, and made his way down the steps and towards Sam’s apartment. He ran a hand through his unruly hair, as she looked down the street and prepared himself for the talk that was to come.

He reached the designated door, and knocked on it softly. He waited a minute when the door opened and Sam appeared at the door.

“Yeah?” he questioned.

JC gulped as he looked up at him, “Hey Sam” he said

Sam didn’t seem phased.

“Can I help you?”

JC licked his lips before responding.

“I was wonder if you could give me the information about where Hailey’s staying”

“What is it to you?” Sam asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

JC sighed; “Look Sam, I know you and Hailey are close” he began

“We’re more then close, we’re blood” Sam explained.

JC nodded, “I understand that” he said “But I need to talk to her, and she’s not taking my calls”

“Maybe that’s a sign” Sam mumbled.

“Sam please” JC said, “You know how hard this is for me to come to you and ask you this”

Sam shook his head, before turning and walking into the apartment. JC took that as a sign to follow him and he did so, stepping into the apartment and closing the door. He followed Sam into the kitchen where he was at the counter writing down something on a pad.

“You better do right by her” Sam said, “I’m warning you”

JC nodded, “I love her, and I was an idiot before” he said “I’m gonna go set things straight”

Sam tore the paper off the pad and handed it to him.

“She usually works from about 8 in the morning until about 7” he said,

JC nodded taking the paper and folding it before putting it in his back pocket.

“I appreciate everything you’ve done for her” JC said looking at him.

Sam nodded and they made their way towards the front door again. Sam opened the door and JC walked out and turned to Sam once more.

“Thank you” JC said,

Sam nodded. With that JC turned and left walking down the steps to the apartment and heading back home. He had some things to do before his next move.

You give me something
That makes me scared alright
This could be nothing
But I'm willing to give it a try
Please give me something
Because someday I might know my heart

Know my heart, know my heart, know my heart


JC looked down at the slip of paper for the 5th time in the past minute. He was on his way to see Hailey, and hopefully work things out. He was sitting on the air plane, luckily he got the window seat, so he could have a little peace and try and think of something to say to her.

He paid up the butt for the last minute flight, and he was hoping it would be worth it. He brought some of his work with him to get his mind off the whole thing, but it wasn’t working too well. He spent most of the time looking out the window out the skyline and the cities below.

Finally some 5 hours later, they landed. JC got off the plane and quickly as he could, his carryon bag over his shoulder. He didn’t bring any luggage with him so he didn’t have to bother with the baggage claim. He walked out to the night life and waved his arm and a cab pulled up immediately. It was 7, so by the time he got to her hotel he was hoping she would be there.

He gave the cab driver the address and sat back in his seat trying to relax. Finally after weaving through New York traffic they made it to the hotel, JC paid the driver and got out of the cab looking up at the hotel before making his way inside.

There was no one around with the exception of two female clerks at the desk. He gave them a small smile before heading to the elevator and pressing the right button. He looked down at his watch as the lights lite up and the elevator made its way to the lobby floor. When it dinged to life, JC waited to the side to see if anyone was leaving, there wasn’t so he jumped in pressing the floor button quickly and the close door button a few times.

The doors closed, and he leaned back against the wall and closed his eyes with a sigh. It seemed like an eternity when the doors opened on the designated floor. He walked out and looked at the numbers on the hall ways, before making his way down the long hall way. He reached her door and took a breath before bringing his hand to the door and knocking softly.

He waited a minute before he heard her voice.

“Sam hold on a sec, room service is here”

With that the door opened, and there stood Hailey dressed in sweat pants and a tank top, looking sexier to him then ever. She had the phone pressed on her shoulder, holding it still with her ear to keep it in place when she finally looked at the person standing in front of her.

“Jace…” she whispered

He semi smiled and waved at her. Hailey held up her finger to give her a minute. JC nodded as he made his way into the room.

“Sam, I gotta go” she spoke into the phone, “Yeah, I know, I talk to you later”

With that the she hung up her phone and put it down on the table. JC had walked into the room but hadn’t sat down; he was looking out the window.

“What a great view” He replied,

Hailey watched him closely, “Is everything ok?” she asked

JC turned to look at her, before biting his lower lip.

“I should have supported you from the very beginning” JC spoke, “And I was an idiot not to trust you, I know you would never do anything to hurt me”

“JC, not having your trust hurts me” Hailey said, “I don’t understand”

JC shook his head with a sigh “I don’t understand myself” he said “But I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you”

Hailey looked at him, “Why didn’t you want me to come anyway?” she asked,

JC shook his head, “Its not important now” he said “You’re here, and I’m so proud of you”

“Are you?”

“Of course,” he said “Look at where you’ve come baby”

He made his way towards her, as Hailey looked back at him. He opened his arms, wrapping them around her. Hailey couldn’t help it, she snuggled into his embrace. Sam was going to kill her. She closed her eyes breathing in his scent, as his arms wrapped around her. She couldn’t hold in the tears she had been trying not to let go since she got on the plane.

JC looked down at her water eyes and smiled and leaned down to kiss her lips lightly, his fingers running across her cheeks to wipe the tears away. Hailey leaned against him, wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling his warm body as close to hers as possible, she really missed it.

Hours later, after eating Hailey’s room service they shared a bed together for the first time in what seemed like years. Hailey now lay against JC on the bed, as he had his arms wrapped around her as she rested against his chest. They lay in the darkness, the only light coming into the small room was the from the night life outside.

“Hails…” JC spoke suddenly.

“Hmm” Hailey said as she closed her eyes.

“I was serious about us spending the rest of our lives together” JC said, “Marry me”

Hailey’s eyes popped open immediately as she sat up, holding the sheet to her chest as she turned and looked at JC.

“Are you serious?” she questioned.

He nodded, as he leaned forward to kiss her lips.

“I don’t have a ring or anything, but I want to be with you forever”

Hailey grinned as she leaned in to kiss his lips fully.

“Oh I love you, and yes I’ll marry you”

JC grinned as he wrapped his arms around her once more, brining her on top of him as he kissed her once more. He was finally listening to the feelings in his heart, and they were going to make him the happiest man alive.
 

 --*-- The End --*--
 

You Give Me Something – James Morrison

 

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki