Good Bye? by Brianna


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


His green eyes surveyed his closet, looking for the best outfit to wear to his date with Erika. It was their tenth anniversary being a couple to the date. He loved Erika with all of his heart, mind, and soul. There was nothing that could change that.


Erika was a beautiful girl, black haired and blue eyed. Her smile could light up a room. She was just amazing.


He sighed as he thought about her face and was ecstatic about his gift to her.


He pulled a small velvet box from his pocket and opened it. He turned it back and forth in the sunlight that sifted through the window to see it glimmer.


Tonight was the night. He was going to ask the love of his life to marry him and be his forever. It had been all he'd ever wanted since he was sixteen.


Finally deciding on a pair of dark, slighty faded in the front, pair of jeans and a button up shirt, he looked in the mirror and messed with his hair. Spiking it to perfection, he smiled, content.


"Well, Lance," he said quietly to himself, "today you're a man."


He laughed, hearing those words his father had said on his prom night.


"Words of wisdom, huh?" he questioned himself, rubbing some CKbe onto his neck.


He jumped into his truck, driving faster than usual out of excitement, but not quite exceeding the limit in that area.


His heart was beating rapidly in his chest and his breathing was growing faster.


He passed big green trees and beautifully cared for lawns, all over there was children playing in their yards or with their pets.


It was about an hour before sunset, so he had enough time to pick up Erika and get to the mountian on schedule.


He wanted everything to be perfect the day that he proposed to Erika, he'd planned on it for the past ten years, he'd had it all figured it out.


Screeching to a halt in front of 47

Parkway Drive, a large blue house with dark blue shutters and a white picketed fence parallel to a line of yellow roses and pink tulips, he sighed nervously.


Seeing the flowers, he ran back to the truck to get what he had gotten for her.


He had bought a dozen white and yellow roses, her favorite.


He hopped up the steps and rang the doorbell, then stood back to wait for her to answer.


Erika opened the door slowly, revealing her baby blue dress that fell just below her knees.


Lance's heart almost skipped a beat when
he saw her. She looked absolutely angelic. The sun shone perfectly over the fair skin on her neck, arms, and legs, making her look as though she were glowing.


"Hi baby," she said sweetly, smiling with a giggle, as she usually did. Being a very bubbly girl, there was never a time when she had a frown on her pretty face.


"Erika you look amazing!" he smiled and wrapped her in his arms tightly. "I love you." He kissed her lips gently, then took her hand and began to lead her to the black Toyota Four-Runner.


Like the gentlemen that he was, he opened the door for her and helped her in, then shut it behind her. He ran around to his own side and jumped in.


"So where are we going?" she asked.


"Uh," he replied nervously, not wanting to give anything away, "you'll see."


She pouted. "Please tell me?"


"Baby," he said, trying not to give in to her puppy dog begging, "it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you."


"Ohhhhhhh okayyyyy..." she giggled and placed her hand over his on his leg.


He grinned and looked up at her, then turned back to the road, grinning the whole drive to the mountian.


"Okay. Here we are." Lance put the truck in park and hopped out to open Erika's door.


"Thanks."


"Sure." He took her hand and walked her up to the ledge.


They were right on time. The sun was beginning to set and bright pinks and yellows flared across the sky like a ballet. Birds sang and the crickets were just starting to chirp.


"Lance, listen." She frowned slightly. "I have something to tell you."


"Wait. I want to tell you something...ask you something first." He smiled big with excitement, entertwining their fingers and pulling out the box with the ring in it.


"Erika, I love you more than anything. I have for the past ten years. I want you to be mine forever, I want to love you forever. Erika Tristan McGregor, will you marry me?"


Her eyes went wide, but she had no expression on her face. She was completely blank.


"I'm sorry Lance, I have to go." She began to walk away, planning to just walk home alone.


"What? Wait!" He ran after her, grabbing her arm. "What's wrong?"


She shook her head and her big blue eyes bore into his. "I'm sorry." She once again turned and unlatched his fingers from her.


"Erika, come on, what is this?" he asked, tears forming in his scared eyes.


"This?" She turned to look at him. "This is good bye."


He watched her walk away.


Good bye?


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki