Something Like You by ADRI


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Finally, I get to see Diana after all these years…its been so long and to think that we been writing back and forth to each other. I can’t wait to see her…the last time I saw her was in the fourth grade when she came to visit. I hope I recognize her… this flight seems to be so short we are already landing. I guess I’ve been daydreaming of how our meeting will be like.
“Passengers, we are approaching the airline. Please be ready for landing,” the flight attendant said interrupting her thoughts.
Okay, now what do I have to do when I get off…first find Roo…I can’t believe I’ll be calling her Roo for the first time. I can remember when I told her that she was so energetic that she reminded me of Roo the kangaroo from Winnie the Pooh. She laughed at me but the name stuck. Well, I’m going to spend three days with Roo and then I’m off on the bus to Minnesota to see Mateo. I haven’t seen him since he left Houston two years ago. I wonder if he’s changed…I always liked him the best it was as if the two of us had a connection and were always on the same plane. I know this trip can’t be all fun since I promised my parents that I would look at colleges while I was up here.
“It is now time to depart the plane…Thank you for flying Continental. Enjoy your stay,” the flight attendant said again interrupting her thoughts.
I guess its time to go and see Roo…I hope she recognizes me. Alisa gathered her belongings as she made her way towards the exit. As she walked through the ramp she searched for her cell phone to turn it on. She smiled to herself knowing that her parents would be calling as soon as possible. Poor mom and daddy…they worry so much when they don’t need too, Alisa thought as she shook her head and smiled. Suddenly she heard her name being called in the distance.
“Ali! Ali, is that you!,” someone called.
Alisa tried squinting her eyes but all she could make out was a girl waving her arms. Could that be Roo…she so different her hair she cut…oh no she didn’t! I’m going to have a serious talk with her.
“Alisa! Alisa!,” the person yelled waving her arms frantically to and fro as Alisa was a few feet way.
“Roo?!” Alisa asked questioningly.
“Alisa?!,” Roo said mockingly.
“Roo!” Alisa yelled as she ran the few feet between to hug her long time pen pal. Alisa let out a girlish squeal. “I’ve missed you so much! It’s been a long time, Diana.”
Both girls squealed and jumped up and down excitedly while people walked around them looking at the two girls as if they were crazy. Diana was the first to recover, “Ali, look at you! Girlie, you have seriously done a 180 on me. You’re so beautiful…and your hair you dyed purple. I know mama did not let you do that!”
“Actually she freaked…but hey it’s a dark purple and you’re only seeing it because we’re in the light otherwise it would look black or dark brown. And yeah I have lost some weight and gotten into shape. I felt it was time…ya know what I mean?,” Alisa said as she looked doubtingly to her friend.
“Yeah. But hey, let’s go get your things cuz I know that my parents are dying to see you!,” Diana said as she grabbed her friend by the arm and escorting her to the luggage pick-up. Both friends were smiling and enjoying themselves as they caught up on their lives. After they got Alisa's luggage, they went to the parking lot to drive home but as soon as they reached outside a cold gush of wind hit them.
“Whoa, that’s cold!,” Alisa said.
“What are you talking about its only 50 degrees…its normal,” Diana said.
“This is normal…all I brought were sweaters!,” Alisa whined.
Diana laughed at her friend. “Don’t worry! I’ll lend you a jacket…crybaby!”
“Whatever, Roo!” Alisa laughed.
As Diana was driving to her house from the airport, Alisa was mesmerized by the captivating city. Marquette is so breathtaking with all its snow…I’ve never seen snow before at all because I’ve lived in Houston all my life. This is what I am talking about…I want to go away for college to experience new things, Alisa thought to herself.
“Whatcha thinking about, Ali?,” Diana asked after a long time of silence between them.
“Oh…its just that everything is so beautiful,” Alisa said in awe.
“Ali, its only beautiful because it’s the first time you see it but after a while you get bored,” Diana informed Alisa. Again Alisa became quiet and continued to look out the window looking at the house, the snow, and a kids happily playing in the snow. Alisa didn’t even noticed when they arrived to Diana’s house until she heard Diana turn off the ignition.
“What? We’re already here,” Alisa asked.
“Yep and come on my mom said she was going to have something ready for you to eat,” Diana said as she ushered Alisa out of the car.
Just as Alisa reached the Manson’s house, her cell phone started ringing. She looked to see who was calling and smiled when she saw that it was her parents. “Hola,” she answered. “Mi hijita…are you okay?,” Mr. Alvarez asked with a concerned voice.
Alisa smiled to herself and answered, “Yeah, daddy. I’m fine. I just got to Diana’s house and we’re about to eat. How about I call you at eight?”
“Esta bien…but you better call. No…wait we’ll call just to make sure you won’t forget,” Mr. Alvarez replied.
“Okay, daddy!,” Alisa laughed. “But daddy, I really have to go now so I’ll talk to you when you call…okay?”
“Okay. Bye, mi hija,” Mr. Alvarez said reluctantly.
“Bye,” Alisa said noticing her dad’s sad tone. Oh, poor dad! He needs to remember that I am grown and soon I’ll be leaving and going off to college. I wish there was something I could do that would make this transition easier for my dad. There must be something….
“Earth to Alisa!,” Diana screamed to her friend who was in a daze.
“Huh?!… Oh, my bad…,” Alisa said as she walked in to the house with Diana. Both Diana and Alisa took off there sweaters and coats as they entered the warm Victorian home.
“Dude, you’re house is so freaking huge!,” Alisa exclaimed.
“Ali, I don’t know what you’re talking about…yours is just as big,” Diana laughed. “It only looks bigger because there’s less stuff. Anyway, come on my mom, dad, and Chelsea are waiting to see you in the living room.”
Alisa smiled as she physically and mentally prepared herself to meet Diana’s parents and sister. She followed Diana into the living room, as she stretched out her clothes. “Alisa, is that you?,” Mrs. Manson asked with a sweet voice. Alisa nodded shyly. “Well, come here honey and let me give you a hug…it’s been a long time!” Slowly Alisa approached the delightfully slightly older replica of Diana and gave her a huge warming embrace.
Diana had left and went to her room where she situated Alisa’s baggage. I can’t believe Ali is really here! I can’t wait until Andrew meets her…my boyfriend and best friend getting along…that would be so cool. Man, where is a scrunchie when you need one….my hair is just getting in my face. Diana searched her whole room until she finally found a clip to pick up her curly auburn hair. She glanced at herself in the mirror, and saw an athletically fit young woman staring back. She laughed at herself and thought, I can’t believe it…everyday I resemble my mother more and more. Hey! I can’t complain my mom is very beautiful.
Quickly, Diana ran down stairs as she smelled her mother’s wonderful cooking. When she got downstairs she found Alisa and Chelsea watching and laughing at the TV while her father read the newspaper in the nearest recliner.
“Hey…long time no see, Roo? Where were you?,” Alisa asked not glancing away from the television.
“Upstairs…arranging you’re stuff in my room,” Diana replied as she flopped her self on the couch next the Alisa.
“So how long are you staying for, Alisa,” Mr. Manson asked trying to make small talk since he finished reading the newspaper.
“Oh…I’m be here only three days, Mr. Manson. I’m going hang out with Diana and see if she’ll take me to see some colleges around here,” Alisa replied politely and with much respect.
“Oh that’s great, sweetie,” Mrs. Manson responded as she walked into the living room. “Well dinner is ready so everyone come to the dining room before it gets cold.” Chelsea and Mr. Manson followed Mrs. Manson back into the dining room.
“Only three days…that’s not a long time Ali,” Diana said sadly.
“I know, Roo. But I have to go to Minnesota to visit my cousin, Mateo and look at some colleges there before my winter break is over,” Alisa said apologetically.
“Oh,” Diana said softly.
“But ya know what?,” Alisa said happily as she put her arm around Diana’s shoulders.
“What?,” Diana said half-heartedly.
“These three days are going to be the best cuz I finally get to meet Mr. Heartthrob Andrew. The one you total LOVE,” Alisa laughed as she put emphasizes on the word love.
Diana shoved Alisa as they walked into the dining room together. “It’s nice to see you to just pick up were you left off last,” Mr. Manson laughed as the happy teenagers entered the room.
Three days was just not enough for these two friends, the day had arrived where Alisa had to catch a bus to Minnesota. “So I guess you're off, huh?.” Diana said softly as she held Andrew’s hand. Andrew hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead as he tried to comfort and shield her from the heartbreak of seeing her best friend off.
“Roo, you knew I had to leave sometime,” Alisa said sadly as she looked into the watery eyes of her best bud.
“I know but it just seem so soon,” Diana said.
“But hey, we had fun going shopping and I finally got to meet Andrew and I can I say I think he’s great for you,” Alisa smiled.
Andrew smiled at being approved by a best friend, he knew that would come to play a great part in the stability of their relationship. Diana looked at Andrew and smiled she had to admit to that she did find a great guy.
“Bus 256 to Milwaukee, Minnesota is now boarding,” the announcer said.
“Well I guess that’s my call to jet, girlie,” Alisa said sadly as she fidgeted with her feet.
“I guess so,” Diana said as she looked down at her feet.
Andrew laughed, “Look at you two acting like little kids! Just hug her already, Di,”
Diana and Alisa laughed at Andrew’s outburst and hugged each other tightly. “I’ve had the best time, Roo,” Alisa smiled.
“Me, too. I’m gonna miss you so much,” Diana said as she let her friend go.
“Last call for Bus 256 to Milwaukee, Minnesota,” the announcer called.
“I better go before I miss my bus,” Alisa said as she gathered her stuff.
“Well, don’t mind me. I don’t need a hug…no I’m jus the best friend’s amazing and handsome boyfriend. I have no feelings,” Andrew said sarcastically as he put his hand over his heart for effect.
Alisa and Diana laughed. “I’m sorry, Andrew. Come here,” Alisa said as she stretched her arms out wide to engulf the big muscular guy. Andrew stepped forward and gave Alisa a big bear hug.
“It was nice meeting you Alisa,” Andrew said as he let her go.
“Ditto. But hey you better treat Diana right if not I’m gonna have to come up here and bust your butt,” Alisa said half-playfully and half-seriously.
“Ali, you better go before your bus leaves you,” Diana said sadly.
“Yeah…well, I luv ya, Roo and I’ll talk to you later,” Alisa said as she gave Diana a quick hug. Gathering her stuff, Alisa quickly made it to her bus’s terminal and boarded it. She quickly situated her stuff and sat next to the window as she saw Andrew and Diana approach the bus. Diana spotted Alisa and her and Andrew waved good-bye to Alisa as the bus left the terminal.
I can’t believe that I’ll be seeing Mateo in a 8 hours…I can’t believe my parents actually let me ride the bus instead of an airplane to Milwaukee. Hey, that shows that they are actually trusting me. I wondering if Mateo has anything planned to do…I would really like to go clubbin’ or something but then…I’m kinda tired. I think I might take a nap cuz it’s gonna be a while. Alisa slipped on her head phones and pushed play on her CD player, then all you could hear was Blink-182 blasting away. Alisa smiled and shifted in her seat until she reached a comfortable position.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki