Something Like You by ADRI


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


All of the sudden Alisa awoke with a sudden cramp in her neck. “Man that hurts,” Alisa groaned as she massaged her neck and moved it back and forth. Groggily she opened her eyes and looked outside it was daylight. She blinked a few times before it sink into her that she had slept all the way there. She looked up and decided to call her cousin Mateo at his apartment to see what bus she would need to take when the bus arrived at is terminal, which would be very soon.
She got her cell phone out of her bag and looked up her cousin Mateo name and pushed the send button. It ringed twice before some one answered, “Hello,” the male voice answered.
“Hi, is Mateo there?,” Alisa asked shyly.
“He is not here. Who is this,” the guy asked.
“This is his cousin Alisa. You wouldn’t happen to be Eddie, would you?,” Alisa asked hopefully.
“Yeah, that’s me. So you’re the famous Alisa! Mateo has been talking non-stop about you coming to visit. I feel like I already know you,” Eddie replied.
Alisa laughed and felt nice that Mateo appreciated her that much. “Hey, Eddie could you tell me how to get to your apartment? I’m almost at the bus terminal. I need to know how to get there.” Alisa asked.
“Hey I got a better idea! How about I go pick you pick? Mateo won’t know about since he’s out with Beli,” Eddie said.
“That’s cool. So he’s out with Belinda, huh? The little dork stood me up to hang with his girl…don’t I feel loved,” Alisa said sarcastically. Eddie laughed along with her and then they set everything up. “Okay, so I’ll see you in twenty minutes,” Alisa confirmed as she hung up.
She got off the bus and gathered her luggage as she went inside the bus terminal to find Eddie. He said that he would be holding a sign that said ALISA in big blue letters. She looked around and found a good-looking guy with brown spikey hair holding up a sign with her name on it. Alisa approached the guy carefully and asked “Eddie?”
“Alisa?,” Eddie asked questioningly.
“Yeah,” Alisa replied with relief.
“Wow…those pictures Mateo has do not do justice to your beauty,” Eddie said with a smile.
“Now Eddie is that a line cuz it was weak,” Alisa smiled.
“Hey, a guy has try,” Eddie laughed. “Well, let me help you and let’s go.”
“Okay,” Alisa replied. Together they gathered all her stuff and went outside to Eddie’s bug. “Cool, a bug! It’s so cute”
“Yeah, a lot of girls think so. You can see why I got it,” Eddie smiled as he opened the door for her and put her stuff in the backseat. Alisa laughed as Eddie got into his seat. As they drove they talked and got to know each other a little better, Eddie was actually a cool guy who had been friends with Mateo for two years. They met at school some Tech institute that they were in. Alisa took of advantage of the time with Eddie to find out some gossip about Mateo and his new girl Belinda.
Mateo and Belinda were just lounging around the couch watching TV when Eddie and Alisa walked in laughing. “Hey, Eddie where did you go man?,” Mateo asked from the couch never taking his eyes off the TV.
Belinda looked up and smiled as she saw Eddie with a pretty girl. “He brought accompany, honey.”
“Now, Mateo Alvarez, is that any way to greet your cousin. What would Tia Aracely say about those manners boy?,” Alisa exclaimed with a smile at Belinda’s shock face at knowing that this girl was Mateo’s cousin she had been hearing so much about.
Mateo smiled as soon as he had recognized the voice. He leaped off the couch and went running to hug Alisa. “My little Alligator! You’re finally here!,” Mateo said with such happiness.
“Dude, you know you’re the only person who can call me that! How are you doing?,” Alisa asked.
Mateo laughed and hugged his not so little cousin tighter. He stepped back and looked at as if she were a different person, “Dang, Ali… you sure have changed…the hair…the look.”
“Yeah well…people change Mateo,” Alisa shrugged.
“I guess so. But you’re still the same little alligator that would follow me around,” Mateo reminisced while Belinda stood watching. Belinda instantly knew that this bond between these cousins would last a lifetime. She also knew that she would have to show Alisa that she was worth being with her cousin because Alisa’s opinion would matter to Mateo.
“Well, since Mateo won’t introduce me,” Belinda poked Mateo’s side, “My name is Belinda but friends call me Beli. It nice to meet you.” Belinda stretched out her hand for Alisa to grasp but was surprised and a little hurt when she didn’t.
“Girl, come here,” Alisa smiled as she hugged Belinda, which caught Belinda off guard. “Anyone that Mateo loves…I love,” Alisa smiled.
“Thanks,” Belinda smiled as she slipped her arm around Mateo. They had been dating for a year she still hadn’t met his family but to know that a cousin who was dear to his heart knew about her and their love was beyond special.
“Hey let me get your stuff and put in the guest room,” Eddie offered as her started take the bag from her shoulder.
“I’ll go with you…so I know where it is,” Alisa followed Eddie towards the back of the condo. Eddie and Mateo were partners in a small Internet company and it had be going well enough for them to afford a condo. The condo was big and cozy with a lot of space.
“So what are you going to do in Milwaukee,” Eddie asked as he opened the door to the guest room.
“Oh, well I was hoping me and Mateo could spend some time together. But I’m really here to look at some college but I learned that while I was in Michigan I’m not cut out for this weather,” Alisa said as entered the cold room and shivered.
Eddie laughed, “It’s kinda of cold in here but don’t worry you can adjust the heat and you’ll be fine.”
“Thanks,” Alisa smiled as her eyes followed Eddie while he adjusted the temperature.
“Hey, Ali…I got a surprise for you,” Mateo exclaimed as he entered the room with Belinda. “Me and Beli bought some tickets to Blink-182’s performance tonight.”
Alisa screamed with delight and jumped around the guest room. “No freaking way! Are you serious! I was dying to go! Mateo I SO love you, dude!”
Mateo, Belinda, and Eddie laughed at the enthusiastic teenager’s outburst. Alisa stopped squealing and went to hug Mateo and Belinda. She was so excited Blink-182 was her favorite band.
Belinda smiled as Alisa released her and Mateo from her embrace. “Ali, we also got backstage passes to meet the guys after the concert.”
“Did I tell you two how much I love you right now,” Alisa smiled as she hugged them again. Eddie just stood by and smiled at the show of affection and gratitude.
“Well, I think you three need to get ready cuz the concert starts in two hours,” Eddie said as he checked his watch.
“Yeah, I need to pick an outfit. Hey, Beli will you help find an outfit,” Alisa asked as she started unpacking her clothes.
“Sure,” Belinda said as she starting helping Alisa rummage through her things.
“Well, me and Eddie are gonna watch some TV while you help Alisa get ready,” Mateo said finding an excuse for him and Eddie to leave before they’re asked for fashion opinions. Both girls nodded and the guys left heading for the living room.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki