Something Like You by ADRI


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Mark, Tom, and Travis ran behind Mateo hoping that he wouldn't do something that he would regret without knowing everything. Mateo reached Alisa and pulled her beside him as he approached Lance with no fear. "What the HELL do you think you are doing to my cousin?" Mateo asked angrily with fire burning from his brown eyes.
"Mateo, calm down," Alisa pleading as she saw the look in Mateo's eyes.
"Did he do anything to you? Did this bastard hurt you, Ali?," Mateo asked as he grasped Alisa's arms and shook her hard.
"Mateo, stop it! You're hurting me," Alisa said with tears in her eyes.
"Let her go," Lance said defensively as he tried to approach her but Mateo slapped his hands away.
"You stay out of this! I swear if you did anything to her I'll KILL you," Mateo yelled with rage as he tried to hit Lance in the face. The guys were looking from across the club but when they saw the guy almost hit Lance they ran to help him.
"Mateo! He didn't do anything!," Alisa got in front of Lance.
"Alisa, get out of the way?," Mateo yelled as his knuckles turned white with how tight he was clenching his fist.
"Mateo, dude, calm down," Travis said as he tried to calm Mateo down.
"Calm down this little piece of shit hurt her," Mateo said.
"Lance are you okay?," Justin asked as he stood behind Lance with the rest of the guys.
Lance nodded in reply. "I didn't do anything to Ali. I was just coming over here to explain to you that she was with me and my friends that's why she wasn't at the booth."
"That's right, Mateo. Lance is a friend and we were just talking," Alisa said as she stared at Mateo in the eyes with tears streaming down her face she was so scared Mateo would hurt Lance. Hearing that she was crying Lance put his arm around her and held her close to him.
"What?! But I told you to stay put in that booth. Why did you leave?," Mateo asked.
"I forgot," Alisa said quietly.
"Are you stupid? Don't you understand when I say stay in the booth it means stay in the booth. How much of an idiot can you be, Alisa?," Mateo yelled causing Alisa to cry more.
"Hey, she's not stupid! Don't talk to her like that," Lance yelled as he held Alisa closer to him trying to protect her from harm.
"You stay out of it! Alisa, we're going home now," Mateo said angrily as he left going back to the table to get her things. He was so angry he couldn't look at Alisa anymore how could she have gone somewhere with a total stranger, how could she have been so stupid.
Alisa turned around crying and looked up at Lance. "I'm sorry, Lance. He has never acted like this before."
"It's okay. Shhh," Lance cooed as he hugged her close.
"Alisa, we have to leave," Belinda said softly. She felt bad that Mateo had yelled at her like that and for the words he said. She was going to have to talk to him and make him apologize to Alisa.
"One more minute, please Beli," Alisa pleaded as she hugged Lance.
"Okay. I'll try to make Mateo wait but hurry," Belinda replied as she left.
"Lance give me your cell," Alisa asked.
"Okay," Lance said as he let her go and got his cell from his pocket. "Here, what are you going to do?"
"I'm going to give you my cell number. Call me okay. I want to keep in touch," Alisa said as she saved her number on his cell. She looked up at him sadly, "Bye, Lance." She kissed him on the cheek sweetly. Alisa said bye to the guys and gave them a kiss on the cheek and they each gave her a comforting hug.
She turned around and saw that Mark, Tom and Travis were waiting for her she guessed that they were leaving with them so Mateo wouldn't yell at her anymore on the way home. "You guys don't have to go with us," Alisa said.
"We want to," Travis replied with sincerity, as he looked her in the eyes.
"No. You guys are going to stay for me, okay?," Alisa said as she looked at Travis in the eyes.
"Okay," Travis said softly. Alisa gave Mark and Tom a quick hug then she approached Travis who was looking sad. She gave him a hug but when she was going to let go Travis gave her captured her lips in his. He caught her off guard but she didn't say anything, she only looked at Lance to see his reaction. She saw something in his eyes but he didn't know what it was and why she cared what he thought.
The drive back to Mateo’s place was quiet except for Alisa she was crying all the way while Belinda tried to comfort her. Mateo was still angry…he was filled with the Alvarez blood. The Alvarez family was known for their anger…it was scary, the men when angry were not to be messed with…they also fought hard to protect what they cherished the most. In this case, Mateo tried to protect his little alligator…his little cousin, the girl he always looked out for, the one that would come to him with tears when she fell down so he could kiss the boo boo. The problem was that she wasn’t a little girl anymore she was young woman and needed to be treated that way.
When they arrived home, Alisa went directly to her room where she slammed the door shut. Eddie was just about say hi to Alisa when she ran to her room; he cringed at the sound of the door. Eddie was worried so he got up to see Mateo and Belinda entering the house. Mateo looked angry and Belinda was quiet, which is unusual since she is always so talkative.
“What happened?,” Eddie asked concerned.
“None of your business, Edurado,” Mateo snapped.
“Whoa, calm down, Mateo. What’s up? You never call Edurado unless it’s serious,” Eddie said not taking any offense to how Mateo snapped at him. Eddie was very understanding and he knew Mateo well. They were like brothers who always helped each other out when times were bad.
“I’m gonna check on, Ali,” Belinda said quietly as she moved to go down the hall.
Mateo’s face softened when he heard Belinda’s disappointed voice. He knew, the way he acted was wrong but what was he supposed to act when all those horrible explanations for why Alisa was running with that guy chasing after her. “Eddie, I’ll talk to you later. And Belinda, I’m sorry…I know how I acted was wrong but what do I do?,” Mateo asked sadly.
Belinda turned around and walked back to give him a hug while Eddie looked clueless to what was happening. “Look, it’s okay. I know you love her like a sister but she’s growing up and can take care of herself. And you didn’t even let her or her friend explain the situation. What you need to do is go in there calmly and ask for forgiveness and then you can ask for an explanation, okay?,” Belinda whispered into his ear as she hugged him.
Mateo let go and nodded as he walked down the hallway to the guestroom. When Mateo was out of earshot Eddie asked, “What happened, Beli?”
Belinda grabbed Eddie’s hand as she sat down on the couch and asked him to follow. There she unraveled the problem to Eddie while Eddie listened intently to what happened.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki