Something Like You by ADRI


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Mateo knocked on the door to the guest room softly as he placed his ear on the door. He could hear muffled sobs and his heart broke thinking that he was the cause of those sobs. Since there was no answer, Mateo slowly opened the door and softly said, “Alisa.”
Alisa was on the bed crying into the nearest pillow when Mateo entered and then instantly she got another pillow and threw it at him. “What do you want, Mateo? Do you want to hurt more? Is that it?,” Alisa said in between sobs.
“Ah, Alisa,” Mateo said softly, “I’m sorry that I hurt you.”
“Mateo it hurts that you didn’t let me explain…that you jumped to conclusions….you called me an idiot and stupid. You never ever talked to me that way, Mateo,” Alisa said sadly as she calmed herself in order to talk.
“Look, Alisa, you’re my little alligator…and I love you so much. You know that,” Mateo said as touched her hand gently.
“I know you love me…but why did you say those things Mateo,” Alisa asked looking up from her pillow.
“Alisa, you have to understand. I was worried about you. I didn’t know where you were or who you were with. Then I saw you running to me and a guy was chasing after you. You looked scared when you were running…what was I supposed to think,” Mateo said.
“You should have asked me what was going on…and I only looked scared because I was scared of you,” Alisa said truthfully.
It hurt his heart to know that Alisa would be scared of him because of his temper. “Alisa, I know…its this damn Alvarez blood in me. It makes me go crazy when I’m scared about the people I love,” Mateo said angry at himself. “I’m truly sorry for what I did. Please forgive me,” Mateo begged with tears in his eyes.
When Alisa saw Mateo cry, she starting crying again and then she hugged him tightly and whispered in her ear, “I love you, Mateo. I forgive you because I love you even with your faults,”
“I’m so sorry, Alisa,” Mateo cried in Alisa’s arms.
All the guys had left the club, except Joey, soon after the incident with Alisa, Lance was sad because he blamed himself for the way that Alisa’s cousin got mad at her. All the way to the hotel, Lance was looking at the window wondering what was happening to Alisa, was she okay, then he would think about why did he care if he just met her. Something was telling him that she was worth a lot as friend and something more but he also knew that he wasn’t ready for something more.
Now, Lance was stretched out on the bed thinking about Alisa, about her eyes that were mesmerizing, her sweet and innocent personality, and her smile that he was growing to like. JC had just gotten out of the shower when he saw Lance on the bed laying comfortably with his arms behind his head, looking up at the ceiling and smiling. JC shook his head as he walked by Lance and slapped his foot.
“Hey,” Lance said coming out of his daze. “What was that for?”

“Dude, call her,” JC said as he was changing.

“Call who?” Lance asked.
“Ali,” JC said matter of factly, “I know you been thinking about her all the way to the hotel and right now you were thinking about her. So call her already.”
Lance sat up got his cell phone from the nightstand and debated over calling Alisa. “But what if she doesn’t want to talk to me, JC?”
“Okay, Lance…I know its been a LONG time since you talked to a girl but I think when a girl gives you her number and says call her, she really WANTS you to call her,” JC said teasingly.
“I guess,” Lance replied when there was a knock on the door. JC went and opened the door to the hotel room to find Justin and Chris.
“What’s up, guys?” JC asked as he let them in and walked back into the room.

“Nothin’, wondering if you guys wanna watch a movie,” Justin said to JC as he sat on JC’s bed and grabbed the remote to look for a movie that was on.

“What’s up, Lance? Why so pensive?” Chris asked as he fell onto Lance’s bed. Lance didn’t answer him so Chris started waving his hand in his face and still know response. “JC, what did you do to Lance?” Chris asked.
“All I said was to for him to call Ali,” JC said as laid down on the bed closing his eyes. “Hey when you guys leave, turn off the lights and close the door.”
“No problem, sleepy,” Justin nodded as he watched some action flick on the television.
“Lance, call her,” Chris said as he slapped Lance upside the head.
“What?,” Lance said dumbfounded.
“Justin don’t you think Lance should call Ali,” Chris asked Justin.
Justin turned around and looked at Lance and Chris, “Lance…you seem to like her…and she might like you just press the button and get it over with. You always do things so complicated.”
“I don’t know. What if it is too soon to call her?,” Lance said to no one in particular.
“Just call her and tell her we wanted to know if she was okay,” JC mumbled from under the covers.
“Look, I’ll call her and pass you the phone,” Chris sighed as he grabbed the cell out of Lance’s grasp and pushed the button.
Alisa was still talking to Mateo when her cell began to ring. Who the hell would be calling me right now, she thought. “Hold on, Mateo,” Alisa said as she grabbed her cell phone. “Hello.”
“Hey, Ali. This is Chris, “Chris said.
“Oh, hey wuz up?,” Ali asked as got a tissue to wipe her nose. She had cried a lot but her and Mateo had finally mended things. Mateo had accepted and realized that taking care of her wasn’t the problem anymore because she was grown; the problem was letting her go.
“Nothing…it’s just that Lance wanted to talk to you but he was being an ass about it,” Chris said plainly.
“Damn it, Chris,” Lance said in the background as he snatched to phone away from Chris. Chris, Justin, and JC laughed at Lance’s embarrassment.
Alisa was laughing when Lance put the phone to his ear. “Ali,” Lance asked.
“Hey, Lance,” Alisa smiled. Mateo got the hint and got up to leave but before he left he mouthed, “Tell that dude, I’m sorry.” Then he left the room and slowly closed the door.
“Are you okay? It sounds like you’ve been crying,” Lance asked worried.
“I have been but it’s okay. I had a long talk with my cousin and there were some sorrys, I love yous, some crying, and some hugging. Oh, and he told me to tell you he was sorry,” Alisa said smiling as she got comfortable in her bed.
“That’s good. So everything is okay, then?,” Lance asked with a smile.
“Yeah. I’m sorry if you were worried,” Alisa said shyly.
“Don’t be sorry…I’m glad everything went okay,” Lance said softly. He was really liking this girl but he couldn’t get too close not yet. Alisa and Lance continued to talk into the very late at night. After finishing watching the movie, Justin and Chris said goodnight but Lance was oblivious to them and they laughed at him; they were happy that he found someone that made him happy it had been a long time.
“Well, Lance I have to go cuz I’m leaving for Houston tomorrow…wait today at ten in the morning,” Alisa yawned.
“Do you have to go?,” Lance whined, he really enjoyed talking to her because he felt that he could tell her anything and she would understand.
“Lance don’t whine….I really do have to go but do promise me that we will keep in touch because I like you and I’ve needed a friend like you in long time,” Alisa said.
The word friend stuck in his mind…so that’s what she wanted a friend and that was okay with him because that’s what he wanted...a friend. It was great neither of them wanted a relationship other than a friendship. “Sure, don’t worry. I have your cell number and I will call say next week around Monday or Tuesday,” Lance replied.
“That’s cool. Well, bye Lance. I’ll be excepting you call,” Alisa yawned.
“Okay…Bye, Ali,” Lance yawned noticing he was tried to since they had been talking for well over five hours. They both hung up and happily went to sleep both dreaming about their newfound friendship and the feelings they were being to feel.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki