Painless Love by QueenofSweet


Number of reviews: 3
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Two

"What do you want Justin?" JC asked sleepily, his eyes closed.

"How did you know it was me?" Justin inquired, sitting down on the spare bed in the bright hotel room.

"Just a guess," JC replied. He opened his eyes and sat up, yawning.

"I wanted to know what happened to you last night, man. You disappeared after the club," Justin said.

"Yeah. I'm sorry for just leaving like that. I just needed to clear my head. I went to a small coffee shop a couple of blocks from here. I met a girl..." JC explained, trailing off.

"A girl, huh? Details, man!" Justin seemed fairly interested.

"She's beautiful, but there's something off about her. Her clothes were torn and looked dirty. I think she might live on the streets or something... I'm not too sure. She was really upset when she left. She just ran." JC ran his hand through his curls.

"You scared her off?" Justin joked.

"I don't know, man. I just hope I can see her again."

"Well might not happen today. Photo shoot. Ten minutes," Justin said getting off the bed and leaving JC with his thoughts.

~*~*~*~

A 5'1" form stood over Karly's sleeping form. The young girl's pale blue eyes looked over her, and she sighed sadly.

She kneeled down and shook Karly lightly to wake her up. "Karly. Wake up," she whispered softly.

Karly's body thrashed from side to side. "No... don't hurt me!" She yelled in her sleep. "Karly! Wake up!"

Karly opened her eyes and tears started to form.

"Jilly! What are you doing here?! You scared the shit outta me!" Karly's voice was weak, but still held strength.

Jilly held out a plastic bag which contained a bottle of water, some food and a new t-shirt. "Sorry. I brought you some stuff. This is all I could get," she explained handing the bag over.

Karly sat up and took the bag from her. "Thanks," she smiled.

"What happened?" Jilly asked gesturing toward Karly's face. "It wasn't that guy again was it?"

Karly sniffled and shook her head. "No. I just fell over is all."

"Why won't you take up my offer?"

Karly looked down at her hands as tears started to fall. "I don't need your help. I don't need anyone's help. Thanks for the stuff." She got up and limped away. All Jilly could do was watch her walk away with a pain in her heart.

Karly got to her destination in pain. Her foot hurt and so did her head. Her stomach was playing up also.

She was way too stubborn to accept Jilly's offer. She wanted to do things on her own. Really... it didn't get her anywhere. Jilly wanted Karly to move in with her. She wanted to help her get a job and get on her feet.

The park was pretty deserted, that's the way she liked it. She pulled out the water bottle from the plastic bag and took a few sips. She put the cap back on it and placed it on the bench in front of her. She continued to dig through the bag and grabbed the sand which that made her mouth water.

She sighed sadly taking a bite of it. Slowly chewing the bread and meat in her mouth she looked around the park. If only life could be this beautiful. Colorful leaves where falling from their trees. The breeze was gentle and soothing.

She finished off her sand which and drank the rest of her water. She put the empty water bottle back in the plastic bag.

Her smile was small when she thought of how nice Jilly was.

There were other times she'd get more stuff. But the guy that supplied Karly with more food and clothes only wanted one thing in return... she did do it once. She was desperate. Other times when she said no... he would beat her, then leave without giving her anything. Tears were forming in her eyes as she stood up with the t-shirt in hand and the plastic bag in the other and limped slowly over to the bin. She threw the bag and and started to walk away.

She bit back a sob when the pains in her body intensified.

"Heads up!" A male voice shouted.

She turned around just in time to catch the football. Five guys came running up to her. Tears now fully running down her cheeks.

"Chris, you should be more careful!" JC warned, shooting him the evil eye.

"If looks could kill... I'd be dead," Chris joked, laughing at his own joke.

"Are you OK?" Justin asked the very sore Karly.

"Fine. Here," she lied, handing the ball over to Justin.

JC finally noticed the girl was Karly. She turned to walk away. And the guys went back to their game.

"Wait up." JC ran to catch up to her. Karly stopped in her tracks as the pain got worse.

The wind was starting to pick up so Karly shakily pulled the t-shirt Jilly gave her over her head.

JC now stood in front of her, looking at her worringly. "Karly, I was hoping I'd see you again. The guys and I are here for a photoshoot. The photographer thought it would be a great backdrop, so we were just messing around with football..." he tried his best to make conversation, but trailed off noticing her discomfort.

She let out a cry of pain as she clutched her stomach.

"God! Are you OK?" JC asked, panic in his voice. He reached his arms out and grabbed her to steady her.

"Fine," she managed out, weakly. Through all the pain she didn't miss the tingle of his touch. She tried to push the pain aside, but it hurt too much. "Make the spinning stop," she whispered out. Her world began to blacken. "Help me." She reached out to JC and fell into his arms. Unconscious. She sounded so desperate. The look in her eyes was heartbreaking.

"Guys!" JC shouted toward where the guys where playing, as he sank to the ground with a lifeless Karly.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki