Painless Love by QueenofSweet


Number of reviews: 3
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Three

"Karly." His voice sent chills down her spine.

She looked up at the man standing above her with fear in her eyes. The face of that man haunted her dreams every night. "How are you on this fine cold night?"

"I'm fine. What do you want?" Karly asked nervously.

The man kneeled down to Karly's level. "I wanted to give you some food," he answered, pushing a small cardboard box toward her.

Karly began to reach for it, only to have him pull it back.

"I want something in return of course. You know what I want." The look in his eyes was almost eveil.

She felt like she was going to cry. She was so hungry. She was desperate. But giving him what he wanted was just not the answer.

She shook her head and looked down at her hands.

"No? You're saying no?! It doesn't matter anyway. I always get what I want. Don't I?" His was was cold, held no emotion what so ever.

Karly nodded as tears fell down her cheeks.

He roughly grabbed her arm and pushed her down into the dark alley.


~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~


Karly woke up, breathing heavily. Sweat poured down her face. The blinding sunlight that filled the room caused her to close her eyes. She groaned when she felt her head start to pound.

She squinted her eyes open and glanced around the room. She took notice of how comfortable the bed she lay on was.

The door swung open and in walked JC, white roses in his grasp. He looked over at Karly. "You're awake! Do you want me to go get the doctor?" he asked walking over to her bed.

"Doctor?" she inquired, her voice weak.

"You're in the hospital. You passed out... so I brought you here," JC explained.

Karly opened her eyes as much as she could. "JC?"

He placed the roses on the small table next to the bed. "I'm here." He sat down on the side of the bed watching out for the tubes that were injected into her body.

Karly's eyes filled with tears. "Why are you here?"

JC took her hand in his and held it lightly. "Well I was worried about you and I just wanted to make sure that you were OK," he explained looking over her features. He hand't noticed how skinny she was before now. Her face held no color and her eyes were dull and lifeless. Despite all this, she was still beautiful in his eyes.

"Well I'm fine, you can go now if you want," she suggested, a few tears escaping. She sniffled and looked up at his face.

"I'm not going anywhere Karly. You asked me to help you. So I want to help you."

"I don't need any help," she said, her voice getting stronger.

"Are you always this stubborn? You're in hospital and you're saying you don't need any help," he argued.

"Why are you so persistent?" she asked, annoyed.

The door swung open and a guy in a white coat entered. "Karly. It's good to see you awake," he said stopping at the end of the bed. He picked up her chart and looked over it. "Mr. Chasez, could please leave the room for a bit? I'd like to check Miss Scott over."

JC nodded and looked at Karly one last time before getting off the bed and leaving.

Karly tried her best to dry her face before looking over at the doctor.

"I'm Dr. Micheals. Now, Karly, you are suffering from malnutrition and severe dehydration," he paused. "Do you live on the streets?"

Karly bit down on her lip and nodded slowly.

"How much do you eat daily, weekly and monthly?" he asked.

Karly cleared her throat before speaking. "I eat only a few times a month."

"Have you ever thought of going to a shelter?" he inquired writing stuff down on her chart.

Karly shook her head. "No. I don't like those places."

"Everyone needs a home, Karly, even if it's a shelter that you have to share with other people," Dr. Micheals explained. "I'm not gonna keep you here for long. I'm not gonna make you eat the crappy food here. I suggested to your friends to go get some food, from somewhere like McDonalds. I'm different to the other doctors, some patients call me 'cool'. You need something to fatten you up. You need some meat on your bones."

"They're not my friends," Karly said quietly.

"They act like it. Alright, I'll be back later," he said placing the chart back and walking out.


~*~*~*~*~

Wow! I gotta say, re-reading this I wonder what the hell I was thinking. I wrote this last year. lol.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki