Painless Love by QueenofSweet


Number of reviews: 3
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Four

Karly made sure no one was in sight before she sat up and ripped the cords out of her arms. She winced from the slight pain, and swung her legs off the side of the bed.

Once she stood the pain in her stomach grew. "God," she whispered, slowly walking around the room trying to find her clothes.

She found her clothes and stripped off the robe that covered her body. She pulled on her jeans and whimpered. She pulled her t-shirt on and walked to the door. Each step she took hurt.

She pulled open the door and began to walk out only to bump smack bang into JC.

"Where are you going?" he asked, grabbing her arms.

"Out of here. Let me go!" she whispered, angrily. Tears gathered in her eyes as the pain got worse.

"You're not well. You need to stay to get better, Karly!"

"I'll live. Now just let me go!" she cried, shaking. She struggled against his grip, but she was too weak. "You won't live out there! It's not safe for you!"

Karly was now crying loudly. She crumbled into JC's body and held onto him tightly.

"Shh... it's gonna be OK. You're gonna be OK," he whispered, stroking her hair soothingly. JC wanted to help this girl. She was so fragile and innocent.

"Come on. I'll take you back to your room. The guys should be back soon with food," he suggested. He picked her up and carried her back to her room. He sat her on the bed and went and found the robe she discarded earlier.

"Here. Put this back on." He handed it to her and turned his back to her as she put it back on. "I'm done," she said quietly.

JC turned back around and walked over to help her lay down and place the sheet over her.

Ten minutes later the drips where re-inserted into her arms, and the guys finally arrived with food.

Justin walked in with McDonald's bag. "There's some cheesebugers and fries in there," he said, handing the bag over to JC.

"Thanks, man."

Justin looked at Karly. "Hi. I'm Justin." He held out his hand.

Karly was hesitant but placed her hand in his and gently shook it.

Justin smiled warmly. "How are you feeling?" he asked, stuffing his hands into his jean pockets.

"I'm fi..." She trailed off. She really didn't want to lie anymore about how she was feeling. It would get her nowhere. "I feel like I've been hit by a truck and run over repeatedly by it."

Justin laughed slightly. "That bad, huh? Well, I hope you get better soon. I know you will. You've got JC to help you." He slapped JC on the back. "Well, I gotta go. See ya later."

He gave a small wave and walked out of them room.

"Nice guy," Karly said, looking down her hands.

"Yeah. Here. Eat," JC said handing her a Big Mac.

Karly looked over at him and smiled slightly. "Oh, my god! I haven't had one of these for such a long time."

"Well eat up, Karly."

She took the burger and un-wrapped it slowly. She took in the smell of it. She lifted to her mouth and took a bite of it. She savoured the taste and swallowed. She gobbled down the rest of it and sighed happily.

"How'd that taste?" JC asked, before chewing on some fries.

"I'd forgotten how good they tasted. So to answer your question, it tasted damn good!" she answered, smiling softly.

"You haven't eaten something decent in a while, have you Karly?" His face softened awaiting her answer.

Karly shook her head. "It's been a long while."

JC handed her the paper bag and she dug through it finding lots of fries.

She munched on them slowly and looked to her left to see JC staring at her intently. "What? Do I have something on my face?"

JC blushed slightly. Busted. "Sorry, I just..." he trailed off, embarassed that he was caught staring.

Karly laughed. "You're a cute one."

Once Karly had eaten the rest of the fries she felt content. All she needed now was a drink.

"Here, I'll get the water for you," JC offered. He stood up and got the ice cold water that was sitting on a far table. He picked up the jug and two cups and walked back over to the hospital bed.

"How did you know I wanted a drink?" Karly asked baffled.

JC sat on his seat and placed the cups on the small table next to the bed and started to pour the water. "Well, I'm thristy... so I guessed you were thristy." Karly smiled as JC handed her a cup. She drunk the cold liquid and felt it soothe her throat.

"Are you feeling any better?" JC inquired, before he sipped his water.

Karly leaned deeper into her pillows. "Much better," she replied, softly rubbing her stomach. "I thought hospital beds were supposed to be all hard and stuff."

JC took another sip of his water before speaking. "You're in a private ward. So the beds are like first class."

Karly shot up. "Private ward?! I can't afford any of this." She felt tears rise.

"Hey, everything is fine. You don't need to worry about the money. It's all taken care of," JC explained.

Karly slowly lay back down, suddenly feeling tired. "Sleepy," she whispered. "Me... no money." Her eyes began drooping when she got comfortable.

JC reached out to tuck a few stands of her hair away from her face. A smile crept on to his face. "Just sleep." He leaned forward and pressed his lips lightly on her forehead as her eyes closed.

Karly drifted off into a peaceful slumber for the first time in months.

*~*~

Sorry for the sucky-ness. lol.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki