Manchester, England. England by Satsuma grove


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 12 – Justin’s Story.

“Justin?” asked Lance as he saw who was following Ray into the living room, “Are you okay?” Lance’s voice went deeper than usual with the emotion of seeing his friend looking so upset and tired. Justin had deep bags under his eyes which must have been hidden from view by make up and air brushing as everyone was shocked to see him like that. Seeing him now, clear of make up and without his entourage, he just looked like a scared and nervous young man, not Justin Timberlake – R&B Star. The concern in Lance’s voice seemed to be enough to set Justin off crying again and as silent tears rolled down his face JC stood up and gave him a hug and sat him down on the couch.

Ruth looked over at Ray and Lucy, they all felt pretty uncomfortable and it was obvious JC, Lance and Chris needed to talk to Justin. “Guys”, she said to the band, “I think we’re gonna head up to bed now, I’ll bring down a sleeping bag and one of you can go on the couch tonight, sorry for the slumming, but I’m all out of beds now! JC, Chris, you know where things are in the kitchen now, so help yourselves and we’ll see you in the morning.”

Ray and Lucy said their goodnights too and they went upstairs to bed. Paul also said his goodnights, now wasn’t the time for Justin to find out about him and Lance and so it was easier if he also disappeared. As Ruth left the room JC pulled her into a hug and kissing her lightly on the cheek whispered “Thanks” into her ear.

As Ruth walked upstairs she heard JC’s mobile ring again. She carried on upstairs to bed hoping things would get sorted out.


Meanwhile – Downstairs.

JC checked the caller ID and saw it was Joey on the phone. “Hey, Joe. What’s up?”.

Joey – “Hi JC, look I’ve got Trace and Lynn here, Justin went missing after the show and they’re really worried, they’re here with me now. You’ve not heard from him have you?”

JC – “Justin is missing!!!!!!, what have Lynn and Trace said? I’ve not heard from him since this afternoon”

JC didn’t want to give Justin away, the look of him and the fact that Lynn and Trace didn’t know he was here was enough for JC to realise something serious was going on and that they shouldn’t find out where he was until Justin was ready to tell them. The frantic look that Justin gave him when JC mentioned Trace and Lynn’s names was enough to confirm that lying really was the best course of action. It technically wasn’t a lie either, Justin hadn’t spoken yet so JC hadn’t heard from him since that afternoon, he just hoped Joey picked up on the fact that he hadn’t said SEEN him either.

Joey – “Just that after the show he was meant to come back to the hotel with Carl, his security, but he never showed up. Carl has said that he never saw Justin after he left the stage.”

JC – “Well, I hope he’s okay, but no, we can’t help Lynn and Trace here. Maybe I should keep my cell free in case he does try to ring. Call me as soon as you hear anything though. In fact – call me in 30 mins and tell me if anything else has been found out”

Joey – “Okay, I’ll speak to you in 30 then.”

JC – “Bye”

Joey – “Bye”

JC hung up his phone and turned to Justin. “Okay, Justin, what on earth is going on?”

Justin started talking, quietly, barely looking up from the floor. “It’s my Mom and Trace. They’re blackmailing me.”

“What?” “Eh?” “You what???” came the various outbursts from the other guys.

“Can you remember a couple of years ago mine and Britney’s house got broken into?” Justin continued.

JC, Lance and Chris nodded.

Justin continued “Well, that was Trace, I’ve since found out, he took a video of me and Britney and a couple of other things as well. They’ve been using that to keep me “in line” to what they want me to be doing. Going solo, this never ending tour, not seeing you guys, everything. My hair, my clothes, my girlfriends, everything. Can you remember that stupid rumour about me changing my boxers 6 times a day?”

Chris burst out laughing at that comment – he’d seen that rumour and loved it, he’d even sent Justin some boxers with a little note attached that he hoped these ones would last a bit longer.

JC threw Chris a dirty look and told Justin to carry on. Chris’s laughter had got a little smile on his face though and his eyes cleared a bit as he carried on. “Anyway, the boxers rumour. That was my Mom because I didn’t want to go out shopping with her. I ended up having to go shopping AND have that stupid rumour all over the press. The biggest thing though is that if she finds out I’m coming back with you guys, she’s going to release that video and I don’t know what to do.”

Lance, JC and Chris sat there, stunned. Justin had always had such a good relationship with his Mom and Trace that hearing that they were doing this to him seemed so unbelievable, but the pain on his face was all too real and it made sense of a lot of things which had been going on lately too.

Chris went up to Justin and gave him a hug. He’d seen Justin try to break the bonds of mother and son when he was growing up with the band. It had been difficult for him though, hanging around in an adult world, in strange countries a lot of the time, he had lost the usual support network of friends that most teenagers had. For Trace to be betraying him too must be heartbreaking for him. Where as most children break the bonds when they go to College or start working, Justin’s career was tied into his Mom. She helped manage him, her husband helped with his finances. He’d never had the chance to break away and now it was all coming back to haunt him.

Lance sat there wondering. He’d been young too when the band started, but he was a backing singer, primarily, people weren’t as interested in him as in Justin, so the transition from child to adult had been easier for him.

JC was furious, he’d known Lynn for a long time, considered her a good friend and for her to be doing this to her own son was despicable.

JC’s phone rang again, breaking the silence. It was Joey.

JC – “Hi Joey”

Joey – “Hi JC, I’m alone now, so what’s going on”.

JC – “You guessed to call back then?”

Joey – “Totally – I know you well enough to know when you’re lying, and you were SO lying. So where’s Justin?”

JC – “Here, at Ruth’s, with us”

Joey – “You’re kidding me, right? Lynn is having a fit”

JC – “Joey, you’re not to tell her where he is, there’s some serious shit going down here and until we sort it out, Justin doesn’t want her knowing where he is. Plus the fact this is Ruth’s house and we’re all guests here right now anyway, so having a frantic mother and goodness knows how many press isn’t really ideal.” JC then quickly explained what they knew so far.

Joey – “Shit, you’re kidding me, you have to be kidding me?”

Justin spoke up at this point “Could I speak to Joey please?”

JC – “Hang on Joe, Justin wants to talk to you”.

JC passed the phone over to Justin.

Justin – “Hey Joey, thanks for keeping things quiet with my Mom earlier.”

Joey – “Sure thing, Jus, You okay though, the lads are looking after you there.”

Justin – “I’m fine, I just want to get this all sorted out and I don’t know how I’m going to do it.”

Joey – “Well, I can’t leave now, although I want too, but if I leave in the middle of the night your mom is sure to get suspicious. She’s expecting me to take Kelly to the airport tomorrow and then come down to Ruth’s so I’ll do that anyway”

Justin - “Ruth’s is where we are now, yes?”

Joey – “Yes, how did you get there anyway?”

Justin – “Stevie brought me, when he brought the other guys down their clothes, I saw him and took the opportunity to run”.

Joey – “Good lad, well – I better get off the phone as I can hear Trace in the corridor – see you tomorrow”.

Justin – “Bye”

Justin hung up the phone and passed it back to JC. Lance spoke up, “So guys, what we gonna do?”

Everyone turned to Justin. Who yawned and said “Shouldn’t we wait for Joey to get here. For now, I’m back here with you guys and I’m really tired. I did do a show tonight”.

Suddenly, the fact that it was now getting past 1.00am, they’d all had a late night the night before and Justin obviously wasn’t in the mood to talk anymore till Joey got there, which they all agreed was the right thing to do anyway – they were a band again and this mess should be sorted out as a band.

Chris and JC got the air bed blown up and after a bit of arguing it was decided that Chris would get the couch as he was shortest. Lance disappeared upstairs to join Paul, luckily Justin was too tired to ask questions and he was asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.

JC and Chris went into the kitchen taking plates and glasses through for washing up the next day.

JC – “So, he’s back”.

Chris – “That he is”

JC – “I just hope we can sort all this out quietly, the poor kid.”

Chris – “I’m sure we can – we’re *NSYNC!”

JC laughed at this, yawned himself and checking everything that should be off was off, the two men walked back into the living room to sleep.


It was 9:30am the next day and Ruth and Lucy were up to take Lucy to the train station. Everyone was still sleeping so they stayed in the kitchen eating toast and tea, trying not to make too much noise.

The kitchen door opened and a sleepy looking Justin Timberlake popped his head in. “Hi, you must be Ruth” he said to the older of the two women he saw. “That’s me” she said with a smile, “This is my cousin Lucy. We’re just having some toast, do you want?”

“No thanks, I’m just looking for the toilet”, he said, blushing slightly.

“Straight over, light’s on the outside” Ruth said.

“Thanks” and the head disappeared again.

“Well, he’s still here!” Lucy said to Ruth.

“I hope that’s a good thing” Ruth said in return. “We have to get you to the station, it’s already 10.00!”

Ruth and Lucy quietly left the house, bumping into Justin coming out of the loo. “I’m taking Lucy to the station, my boyfriend is all the way upstairs if you need anything, JC and Chris know where most things are already though” Ruth said.

“I’m going back to sleep” replied Justin. “Thanks for letting me stay though.”

“No problem” replied Ruth. “We really have to go though, I’ll see you later, if you’re still here”.

“I’ll still be here I think” he replied.

“Okay, bye then” said Ruth, “Bye” said Lucy, “Nice meeting you”.


By 10.30 when Ruth got back from the station the whole house hold was up. Lucy had made Ruth promise to call her as soon as she found out what was going on, it was the only way she’d get on the train

Ray and Chris were busy cooking sausages and bacon, using the grill and the George Forman to make sure there was enough to go round. “I hope there’s enough for me there” Ruth asked, giving Ray a kiss to say ’Hi’.

“There certainly is Ma’am” replied Chris. “Do you want a coffee?”
Ray laughed, Ruth hated the smell of coffee, she could just about stand the smell of filtered coffee, but couldn't bear instant at all. She always maintained that she’d never tried the drink as she couldn’t get it close enough to drink it!
“Tea please” Ruth replied.
“What type of tea?” asked Chris
“Tea, Tea” Ruth said laughing. “There’s Tetley in the cupboard there”.

Shaking her head at Chris looking confused at the box of Tetley in the cupboard Ruth left the boys to it and went into the living room.

Justin and JC were playing FIFA on the GameCube again. “Where’s Lance and Paul?” Ruth asked, suddenly realised that Justin didn’t know they were ‘Lance and Paul’.

“Lance is in the shower and Paul has taken Ray’s car to the shops to get more milk” JC replied. “Did Lucy get on her train okay?”
“Yeah – her seat was booked so that wasn’t a problem, she’s all settled, I got her a cuppa and a muffin for the journey and there’s only one change, so that’s not too bad. Her Mam is picking her up at the other end, I guess she’ll blag a lift off one of our other cousins.” Ruth replied, sitting down in the chair.

“Did you all sleep okay?” she asked, noticing that the air bed had been deflated and the sheets folded up in the corner.

“Fine, thanks” replied JC. “Ruth”, he said, suddenly sitting up and looking concerned, “Is it okay if we hang here today instead of going to Alton Towers. There’s things we really need to get sorted and we can’t take Justin back to the hotel and we certainly can’t take him to Alton Towers – he’s bound to get recognised. “

“Sure” replied Ruth, “It’s chucking it down today anyway so going out probably wouldn’t be a good plan”.

“Chucking it down??” Justin asked, finally finding his voice again.

“Raining, heavily” Ruth explained, standing up and opening the blinds so the boys could see.

“Ahh, okay” Justin said, suddenly putting his attention back to the TV screen as JC had taken the opportunity to get behind his defence and score!

“If you want too, you can use my study. There’s a phone line and broadband internet connection. I’ve got some spare chairs I can set up there and that way you’ve got somewhere to talk in private, and you’re well away if anyone comes round.” Ruth suggested.

“Joey’ll be here soon enough too and we can start getting things sorted.” JC said, thanking Ruth as well for the use of her study.

“Can I ask what’s going on?” she asked, curiosity finally getting the better of her.

“It’s only fair, I guess, seeing how we’re in your house, but could you please promise to keep this quiet and we WILL ask you to sign a privacy statement later.” Justin said.

“Yeah, I can understand that, although I have to say, Lucy is very curious and someone’s going to have to tell her something.”

“I’ll talk to Lucy later” added JC.

“Okay, this is what’s going on” Justin quickly filled Ruth in on what was going on. She was understandably quite shocked, but understood straight away the need for Justin to stay away from his mother.

“They aren’t going to do anything because you’re missing are they?” she asked.

“I don’t know” he replied, “That’s the first thing we need to sort out”.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki