Manchester, England. England by Satsuma grove


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 34

“You know C. If you like her, you should just tell her, you know. Not right now, of course, she’s like totally getting stalked. But soon. Really.” Janine said, knowing exactly how JC felt because Chris had told her so, but telling JC that she knew because she’d consumed a load of wine in the past couple of hours.

JC just blushed, setting Janine off again pinching his cheeks and basically taking the piss out of him for having a crush on her little sister. Chris, of course, found all this highly amusing. Janine was normally pretty quiet, but after a few drinks she could give Chris a run for his money. Joey was just encouraging it all by keeping the alcohol flowing.

“I don’t, uh, I mean, umm. Chris, shut your fiancée up will you?” JC eventually managed to blurt out. This of course just encouraged Janine, Joey and Chris all the more and within five minutes JC just gave up and went to his room, to the sounds of Joey and Chris singing ‘Gone’ with slightly changed lyrics.

I've been sitting here
Can't get you off my mind
I've tried my best to be a man and be strong
I've drove myself insane
Wishing I could touch your face
But the truth remains..

She’s gone
She’s gone
She’s gone with J
Gone with J-us-tin
Gone.

Which of course Chris and Joey found highly amusing.

Up in Justin’s room, Ruth had changed into a t-shirt of his. What with the weight she’d lost and the size of Justin compared to her it was swamping her and so she was sitting on the bed wearing that, her dress being a little too delicate to sit around in, never mind sleeping. Strangely, this felt awkward. She’d shared a bed with Justin in the past, but that was when she was with Ray, and so she knew nothing would happen then. She didn’t want anything to happen now either, but things were just so confusing at the moment. Counting with her fingers she thought through, the photographs, JC, the letter, Chris and Janine’s wedding plans, teaching and JC. Hang on. Ruth counted back in her head over the complicated things and felt the colour rise to her cheeks as she realised she’d counted JC twice. She couldn’t get over the fact that something was there between them. What she didn’t know. He’d said he liked her. He really liked her. But in what way? As a friend? As more than a friend? If it was more than a friend why didn’t he comfort her when the photographs arrived. Why didn’t he say “Come back to my room, Ruth.” Why did he always let her go with Justin.

Speak of the devil, Justin walked out of the bathroom door, towel around waist, water still dripping down chest. “You okay, Ruth? Do you want the bathroom, or can I switch the lights off? I’m beat.” He asked.

“I’m fine, thanks.” Replied Ruth, having used the bathroom before Justin knowing how long he took to shower.

“You okay?” Justin asked, as he switched the main bedroom lights off, before pulling on a pair of shorts under his towel and then rubbing his hair dry. Climbing into the bed next to Ruth, who by this time had got under the covers, he slung his arm around her waist so they were spooning.

“I’m fine, J. Thanks. Just a bit stressed and confused.” Ruth replied.

“Hey, babe. No one is complaining about you being stressed right now. Look. No one is going to hurt you here. I’ve got you and if I can’t be here, someone else will. One of the guys, one of the bodyguards. Someone we know. Okay. Till we get the person who’s doing this you’ll be safe. Yeah.” Justin softly stroked Ruth’s hair as he spoke, realising that by the time he’d finished his little speech, she was already asleep. Justin rolled over and shut his own eyes, the last thought on his brain before sleep overcame him was ‘I hope it’s not Trace.’


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki