Manchester, England. England by Satsuma grove


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 37

Ruth and Lonnie got back to her flat without incident, but on arrival found photos of Ruth the night before posted through the apartment letter box. A note attached saying ‘One day soon, it’ll just be me and you.’

Ruth only just managed not to completely flake out and Lonnie got her quickly up to the apartment where she did all she had to do as quickly as possible. Confirmation that the person knew where she lived was freaking her out and Lonnie made some calls and got her a room on the same floor as the band, so she could share the security already in place.

The police by this time had been informed and these new photographs were sent to them along with those from the night before. They weren’t taking it too seriously though, mostly because they had a potential suspect and secondly because Ruth was deemed to be safe in the *NSYNC camp. There were investigators in work already over in America, trying to track down Trace. His family had been contacted but they hadn’t seen or heard from him in a month. They had promised to get in touch if they heard from them. They’d been shocked and disappointed when they found out what had gone on between Justin and Trace, and subsequently had cut contact with him for a month or two themselves, until they’d found it in their hearts to forgive him. This newest escapade had upset them once again and they were determined to do all they could to help.

Looking around the flat that she had only just started to think of as home, Ruth was growing more and more upset. Knowing that she wouldn’t and couldn’t be back for a while, she packed up her books, school stuff, laptop and clothes and gave Lonnie the key for the apartment. Someone would be by later to move her things into the hotel. There was too much stuff for just the two of them. Waiting in the corridor for Lonnie to lock the door, she let a single tear fall down her face. Janine would be coming around later to pack her things up too, Chris wasn’t complaining about the fact that he’d get to spend more time with his fiancée even though the circumstances weren’t the best.

Leaving the flats behind them it wasn’t long before they were at the rehearsal studios where Hollie was already waiting.

“Hey, Hol” Ruth said, smiling as she took a seat next to Hollie. She was sitting on a bench at the side of a dance room, watching the guys go through the motions of rehearsal, although there seemed to be more jesting than work going on.

“Hey Ruth, how’re you? You want to go get a cup of tea and talk about it?” Hollie replied, seeing the look on Ruth’s face and knowing it was one that only copious amounts of tea could fix.

Ruth nodded and they wandered off to the canteen. The studios had id only entry, so Ruth was safe to wander around. It had taken Hollie 5 minutes to get past security even though she was on the guest list.

“So. What’s happening?” Hollie asked and sat back as she listened to Ruth recap all that had been going on over the past weeks. The photographs, Justin, Chris and Janine and of course, JC.

“So, what’s going on with you and JC? Straight answer?” Hollie asked, as Ruth skirted the whole issue other than to say they were friends again. Before Ruth could answer though, they were interrupted by 5 sweaty guys on a mission for food.

“Hollie!” Justin screeched from across the room, spotting the two girls sitting in the corner booth, he started waving with his free hand, the other grabbing the last chocolate muffin from Chris.

“Way to make a girl feel loved, Justin” Ruth replied back, once she was certain that she didn’t warrant a shout out from any of the guys.

“You know we love you.” Chris said, kissing Ruth on the cheek and covering her with sweat at the same time.

“Hell of a way to show it, nearly brother dearest.” Ruth replied, wiping the sweat off herself as she suddenly found herself jammed between Chris and Joey. Justin and JC having taken the other side of the booth and Lance sitting next to Joey.

“You know, I’m sure these booths are only designed for 4.” Ruth said, getting more and more squished as Joey and Chris fought over bottom space. Lance had given up and gotton a chair. Ruth was just stuck. Hollie and Justin were in a world of their own already, chatting as if they hadn’t seen each other in months, probably because they hadn’t seen each other in months! The other guys questioned Ruth about how she was, she told them about the photos at the house and they were all happy to know she was moving in with them to the hotel, for security reasons of course.

Before long break was over and the guys got called back. Ruth raised her eyebrow to the sight of Justin kissing Hollie on the cheek , which he caught and leant over the table and planted one on the lips of Ruth.

“Just so you don’t get jealous, my dear” he quipped in a bad English accent, before running from Chris who was threatening him with death for harassing his ‘sister’.

“I don’t know where they get the energy from.” Ruth said, watching the guys exit the canteen.

“I think they’re aliens” Hollie replied. “It’s the only explanation.”

The two girls chatted a bit longer, until the point Hollie really had to go. Promising they’d see each other soon, Ruth stayed in the canteen and got her marking out to keep herself busy till the guys finished rehearsal.
9.00pm that night.

Ruth was shattered. She’d done all her marking, all her lesson plans, all her equipment request lists and a short article she was going to try getting published in the Times Educational Supplement too. She was currently surfing the net looking up all the latest rumours on the guys for ‘research’ purposes when they came bouncing back into the canteen.

“We’re free” Joey shouted, as Ruth started to pack up her stuff.

“Girl, you coming out clubbing? I already called Hollie, she said yes!” Justin shouted from the vending machine.

“I don’t think so, J, I’m pretty knackered.” Ruth replied, laughing inwardly that she was tired after sitting down all day whilst the guys were about to go clubbing after rehearsal.

“Bloody Hell” replied Justin, the time he’d spent with Ruth showing in his choice of curse words. “You and C are one and the same. Lightweights.”

Justin laughed at himself and his use of English English, while shouting to Chris that Ruth was a lightweight too and what kind of family was he marrying into.

“Just me and you then?” Ruth heard from behind her. She jumped up in shock, then realised it was only JC.

“Huh?” she replied.

“Just you and me tonight, everyone else is going out.” JC explained, wishing now he’d just kept his mouth shut as Ruth was looking totally confused and flustered.

“Oh, yeah.” She replied, still shaking a bit from the shock of what JC had said.

Ruth turned and saw the look of complete confusion on JC’s face. He looked gutted, as if she’d just torn out his heart. She suddenly realised that JC didn’t have a clue what was going on.

“Oh, shit, sweetie. Sorry. The photos this morning had a note on them saying ‘Just me and you’. So when you said that you scared the crap out of me.” She explained to JC.

“Oh, God. Sorry!” JC replied, feeling glad that she wasn’t blanking him, but bad about the fact that he’d scared her. Hang on. Did she call me sweetie? She only normally calls Justin sweetie, JC smiled at that thought.

“No worries.” Ruth replied. “You weren’t to know. How come you’re not going out?”

“Can’t be bothered.” JC replied.

“You blowing your friends off too then. I’m glad it’s not just me!” Ruth said, then realising that what she’d just meant something else in America which accounted for the look of shock on JC’s face.

“Blowing them off?” JC asked, seeing Ruth blush now.

“Blowing off, blowing out. Basically means saying you’ll do something and then not doing it. Or just not hanging out for no reason other than you can’t be bothered too.” Ruth explained, wondering again how there managed to be such a difference in two common languages. “Basically, tonight we’re blow outs.”

JC chuckled, the depths of Ruth’s language and slang never failed to amuse him.

“So, if we’re both being boring stay at homes, fancy hanging out and watching some pay per view? Or were you intending on brooding in your hotel room?” Ruth asked.

“I was intending on brooding, yes” JC replied with a smile on his face, “But seeing how you asked so nicely, I’ll put the brooding on hold and hang out with you.”

“Oh, I’m so honoured.” Ruth replied, gathering up the rest of her stuff and following the hollers of ‘HURRY UP’ and ‘You’re wasting our drinking time.” coming from the corridor.

“My room in an hour?” JC asked, just as they got to the rest of the group.

Ruth nodded and passed Stevie her bags before climbing into the mini van.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki