Manchester, England. England by Satsuma grove


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 50 ā€“ part 3

It wasnā€™t until nearly a week later that Janine could talk over the events of that day with Ruth. Both girls had been staying with their parents, once the Police had finished interviewing them both anyway. Ruth couldnā€™t face any of the guys, one thought kept running through her head, that if she hadnā€™t met JC and Chris that night in Manchester none of this would have happened, Janine wanted to be there to support Ruth.

The wedding had been postponed, there was no way that anyone wanted to have a big celebration so soon after all these happenings. It had been planned for eight weeks time, and at the moment Janine couldnā€™t even bare to go into a bridal shop!

The guys had moved on to Scotland and Newcastle for a couple of shows. Theyā€™d managed to only cancel one date, although it was touch and go with Justin for a while if heā€™d be okay. Heā€™d retreated into himself for a couple of days, not even allowing Hollie close, before coming out with the attitude that heā€™d disowned his Mom, therefore couldnā€™t care less. The guys knew heā€™d break eventually, but till then all they could do was carry on as normal.

The events of the day had unfolded from Ruth and Lynnā€™s discussions with Police. As far as they could tell, after Ruth had escaped from the car, Lynn had turned the gun onto the driver, shooting him through the back of the neck. Sheā€™d got out of the car to look for Ruth but when she couldnā€™t see her had got into the car and started screaming at the driver to move, not realising that sheā€™d shot him. Lynn was being analysed for mental problems, the Police had pieced together what had happened mostly from her ranting.

How she got the gun was still a mystery. The only person who knew was probably dead. The Police found out that Will, the driver, had been responsible for the vandalism and the notes, on Lynnā€™s orders they believed. Theyā€™d found no evidence linking Trace to any of this, and the general feeling now was that he was actually not involved, much to the relief of his parents, who still hadnā€™t heard from him at this point.

Ruth though, she was in a terrible state. She couldnā€™t bare the thought of seeing any of the guys, much to the concern of JC and Justin. Chris she was fine with, as long as he was in Janineā€™s fiancĆ©e mode, and not as Chris Kirkpatrick of NSYNC. That made things slightly easier, but not much.

Sheā€™d spent two days sleeping, then had started looking for work. Sheā€™d left the house yesterday for an interview and had come back with the news that she would be starting the next Monday. The school had employed an NQT (newly qualified teacher) at the beginning of term but heā€™d quit on short notice and so they were relieved to find someone else who could start mid term.

ā€œIā€™m going back to school, Janineā€ Ruth said, the next day as the two girls sat down over toast and tea.

ā€œThatā€™s good, Ruthie.ā€ Janine agreed, happy Ruth was talking about something.

ā€œI need to go and be me, get fully qualified, get my life in order, make some friends who arenā€™t earning Gā€™s everyday.ā€

Janine laughed at the Celebrity reference, then took a sip of her tea. ā€œYou need to do whatā€™s best for you, sweetie.ā€ She said, looking at her younger sister, whoā€™d aged so much in the past couple of weeks.

ā€œCould I borrow your phone to ring C?ā€ Ruth asked, feeling slightly pissed that her mobile had been taken as ā€˜evidenceā€™ and sheā€™d not got round to getting a new one yet.

Janine nodded, knowing in her heart that what Ruth was doing was best for her, although sad that it had come to this!

two days later

ā€œThanks for meeting me, C.ā€ Ruth said, stirring the milk into her tea as if her life depended on it.

ā€œItā€™s nice to see you, Ruth.ā€ JC replied, nervous as hell and wondering what this was all about.

ā€œThereā€™s no easy way to say this,ā€ Ruth started, looking at JC, tears starting to form in her eyes. ā€œI need some time. I need to get my life together, away from the cameras and away from the publicity. I love teaching, C, and I want to get qualified. I want to be a good teacher and I canā€™t do that when Iā€™m hanging with *NSYNC. Iā€™m sorry, but I canā€™t see you again.ā€

A tear ran down Ruthā€™s face, as she looked at JC, willing him to say something, wanting him to understand that she needed to do this, for her. For her sanity.

ā€œYou sure?ā€ JC asked, reaching out to take Ruthā€™s fingers in his.

ā€œIā€™m sure. I need to do this. For me. I need to be normal again. ā€œ Ruth answered, allowing JC to take her hand.

ā€œYouā€™ll never be normal, Youā€™ll always be my Ruth.ā€ JC answered. ā€œBut if itā€™s time you need, itā€™s time Iā€™ll give you.ā€

ā€œThanks.ā€ Ruth replied, not really knowing what else to say. JC was taking it so well, but how do you break up with someone youā€™d barely started going out with. Theyā€™d not yet even made love, although had come close a few times.

ā€œHave you spoken to J?ā€ JC asked.

ā€œNo.ā€ replied Ruth, shaking her head. ā€œI donā€™t know how too. Can you tell him please? I think Hollieā€™ll explain to him too, but can you tell him please. It was hard enough facing you, I canā€™t face him as well.ā€

ā€œSureā€ JC replied, as a shout of ā€˜We have to motorā€™ came from the security on the other side of the cafĆ©.

ā€œI have to go, Ruth. Concerts and things.ā€

ā€œI know, Iā€™ll see you soon. Janineā€™s wedding. Bye.ā€ Ruth said, struggling to keep the tears from falling.

ā€œIā€™ll see you soon.ā€ JC replied, kissing her goodbye as Security screamed at him to leave.

Ruth sat back down in the cafƩ, tears rolling down her face now. Over a year of her life gone with one kiss. A new career, a break-up of a long term relationship, new love, kidnapping and new love lost. All because of one woman. One woman and her insatiable need to keep her child under her control.

She stood up, leaving enough on the cafƩ table to cover the bill and walked out the door to whatever future lay ahead.



Want to know more... Read Good Morning Starshine.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki